Newbie 1455: How We Met The Mafia (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:36 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Vote Count 3.02

Not voting(1)
- RachMarie
TwilightsCall(2)
- Skelda, GamerRaptor
phokdapolees(3)
- Dessew, TwilightsCall, MauriceMoss
L-1

RachMarie(1)
- phokdapolees

Vote History:

Dessew -
TwilightsCall -
Skelda -
RachMarie -
GamerRaptor -
MauriceMoss - ,
phokdapolees -

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

The deadline is Tuesday, January 24, 2014, which is in (expired on 2014-01-24 12:52:00).

Mod notes:

RachMarie has been prodded.

Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:23 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 517, phokdapolees wrote:The No Kill sort of leads me to believe that she and her partner were just too inactive to submit a kill.
In post 523, phokdapolees wrote:
In post 520, MauriceMoss wrote:Are people really thinking the no kill was wolves not "getting it together"

Phok and skelda. Really?
Rach hadn't posted since January 4th, 6 days before the deadline, so I think it's entirely possible
It's wrong in many levels, one is that bringing up such an argument at 5 v. 2 with outed PRs is highly inappropiate for a possible lynch.
In post 522, Skelda wrote:
In post 520, MauriceMoss wrote:Are people really thinking the no kill was wolves not "getting it together"

Phok and skelda. Really?
No, I think it is because of a role, but we have no way of knowing which role so I'm not judging anything based on that.

And really what?
Just read D2 again.
In post 524, MauriceMoss wrote:I am willing to vote phok although if he's town I will seriously question dessew and TC's townness. Although before dessew basically told you straight out that I was town you were still thinking I was scummy, TC.

VOTE: vote phok
Fine by me.

Let's lynch people! (Although first intent etc. and don't do it unless you read the thread, please.)
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:05 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

I was just looking back and although I didn't notice in me what you saw (although I remember something I said that would give it away) I did see TSO keep saying he was going to give a reason he thought I was mafia and never did.

techking45 T S O JasonWazza** GamerRaptor

Every single one of these people were/are pingy.
GamerRaptor
GamerRaptor
Townie
GamerRaptor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:41 am

Post by GamerRaptor »

Wait... how am I suspicous?

And how is that evidence, TC? All you say is what YOU said. If you quoted other people saying phok is suspicous and maybe the posts that PHOK HIMSELF were suspicous, then maybe I would believe you.
how do bold
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:07 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Don't you think if I were scum, knowing I was V/LA and then ill, that I would have at least sent in a kill? Or the other one too keep in mind there are two scum which have not been found out yet. I do not see an experienced player not turning in a kill. I would think it more likely to be an inexperienced player.

It seems to me that with the holidays and all it was a pretty slow game. I think we need to focus more on who is likely to be scum and not so much on the NK or lack of it.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by RachMarie »

BTW Superflu SUCKS :(
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:37 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

We are all going to get reminders to post again.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:13 am

Post by Dessew »

Ok, fine, here's the essence of why phok is scum in a phonepost, since appearently Raptor can read only the last page.
Bitmap joined Shotty's wagon on Taco and gave out a few townreads with basically no reason.
Phok's debut post was nullish with voting Rach because she wasn't giving enough content (said phok... althougn e was right, tbf.)
Now he's voting Rach for the reason he stated above (it's not on this page, but it's been quoted on this one, so hou can probably read it, Raptor.)
That's all I can recall atm.
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:26 am

Post by TwilightsCall »

In post 528, GamerRaptor wrote:Wait... how am I suspicous?

And how is that evidence, TC? All you say is what YOU said. If you quoted other people saying phok is suspicous and maybe the posts that PHOK HIMSELF were suspicous, then maybe I would believe you.
It's evidence because its things I've said pointing out
his
behaviour. And I believe I quite clearly explained why you were suspicious.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:43 am

Post by Dessew »

Btw, Rach was online at some points of the last night, js.
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:48 am

Post by phokdapolees »

I guess that disproves my point. UNVOTE: Rach

I really need to rethink this game. Top suspect now would probably be TC, and I'm liking GamerRaptor.
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:58 am

Post by TwilightsCall »

what exactly about Raptor do you like phok?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:03 am

Post by Dessew »

I think the scumteam are phok and Skelda. Opinions?
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:36 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

^Let's do this thing.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:39 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Prodding Skelda and GamerRaptor.

RachMarie has reached her fourth prod and will need a replacement

Because I gave phok a second chance and because Rach is sick as she pointed it out, I wont replace her now.
Last edited by DoctorPepper on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:49 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

Anyone else hopping on phok?
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:26 am

Post by phokdapolees »

Yeah, come on guys, the bandwagon is wide open.

VOTE: TC
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:35 am

Post by TwilightsCall »

In post 537, Dessew wrote:I think the scumteam are phok and Skelda. Opinions?

I'm feeling pretty much the same, though I'm still not quite comfortable ruling out Rach.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:17 am

Post by Skelda »

Every single time I come to post the site is down! Seriously getting on my nerves. I've typed out a whole post only to not be able to post it.

Anyway, I want to know why phok? I seriously fail to see what he has done wrong, and you are all refusing to give reasons.
GamerRaptor
GamerRaptor
Townie
GamerRaptor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:35 am

Post by GamerRaptor »

Sorry I don't post often, winter break ended, and now school days are long :P

Thank god that tommorow's a half day, so yeah :D

I have to agree with Skelda. All of you just vote phok, and ignore us, and call us dimwits for not having enough time, or lives to read every single post.
how do bold
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by TwilightsCall »

I
did
post my reasons for voting phok, I even quoted and linked it all for you so you wouldn't have to go looking for it. You responded by saying it didn't count because I reasoned it out myself, rather than sheeping someone else! You blatantly ignored the reasons I posted, and then
two
of you have the gall to say we posted no reasons?

Dessew, in addition to having multiple posts previously saying why he is voting phok, also has a post on this very page explaining it! The only person voting for phok who didn't post any reasons was Maurice, who clearly demonstrated his vote was based on Dessew and I's reasoning and opinions, in addition to any of his own suspicions he might have. That's a lot more, and much better, than the reasons given (or not given?) by the people voting me.

Phok's suspicions about me can only be traced back to less than a sentence he posted on Day 1 about issues that have already been resolved.
Skelda's suspicions of me can only be traced back to the fact he didn't like me voting for my top scum read at the beginning of day 2?
I can't think Raptor is doing anything other than blindly tunneling me. He jumps over every little thing I do whether its really scummy or not, and ignores it when others end up doing the same thing.

I know at least one of the three of you isn't scum. Possibly even two of you. Do you really want to be on that wagon with the others? None of you have a real reason for being there that I've seen. It's going to look pretty bad if Rach's replacement comes in and hammers me and I flip town, and the lot of you pushed me for virtually no reason at all.
GamerRaptor
GamerRaptor
Townie
GamerRaptor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by GamerRaptor »

Twilights, Twilights, Twilights.

This is what I mean. You have an aggressive attitude, and you fling your fingers at everyone, but mainly phok. I asked for evidence, and you only quoted YOURSELF. That isn't evidence.

You know what's evidence? WHATEVER THE HECK HE POSTED THAT WAS SCUMMISH? Excuse my language, but that is one of the stupidest pieces of evidence I have seen in my life. YOU don't make the evidence. That's like a detective saying a guy is guilty, then showing proof of only himself saying he was guilty. What did the guy do that was guilty? What was the other's opinions? You left all of this out, and this only exposes your own ignorance.

I'd suggest voting for Twilights. He somehow got everyone to vote for phoks with illogical evidence.
how do bold
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:13 pm

Post by TwilightsCall »

Oh for goodness sake.

Here you go raptor. Apparently clicking links is too much work, so here is literally what I've already posted for you.
In post 243, TwilightsCall wrote:First of all, welcome to the game phok!
In post 231, Dessew wrote: TC, a detailed case on Bitmap/phok in the not too distant future if you haven't given yet, since he's one of your suspects, please?
I'll be honest and say that my Bitmap vote was more of a 'best of a bad situation' vote, but I'll go dig up my points on him.

#34:
Jumps on the Taco wagon. Questionable because he's following a rather questionable case made by DMS, no reasons given. Could've been RVS still, but that idea didn't jump out to me until after a few rereads. (cf: Dessew @ #54

Lumps DMS and Pie into the town pile. Doesn't give a reason, and when asked about it (twice before he responded) he says it was because he liked the fact they were trying to start an RVS wagon? Pretty weak reasoning, and while I'm not 100% sure why scum!Bitmap would do that (he seemed experienced enough to not make such an obvious buddying tell), I can't think of a good reason for town!Bitmap to do it either. The reasoning just isn't there, and making read decisions without good reasoning raises red flags to me.

#24 and #53 come across as very condescending, almost as if he is trying to bully the newbies in the game into doing what he wants. The things he's mentioning aren't particularly bad things to be doing, but I feel like it sets a bad precedent ("I'm smarter then you, so do what I tell you, but I'm not actually telling you to do it so I'm not responsible for the consequences").

#52:
Someone mentioned earlier that this looked like a manufactured reaction, and the more times I come across it in his ISO the more I'm inclined to agree. (Ah, it was DMS @ #67)

I also posted this earlier:
Me wrote:Bitmap seems to be trying for a lot of info digging, but I don't see any attempts at an analysis from him other than to write off two people as town. It would be nice to hear his thoughts on anyone else.
But that never ended up happening. This was probably something I got convinced of from reading other people's posts, I would have probably written more if I had come up with it myself.

And Dessew posted this:
Dessew wrote: Bitmap: I cannot help it but this purpose thing sounds like a convinient excuse for being on a wagon whatever it is like. Imagine this: everybody gets on wagons only to get out of RVS (because it's page n etc.) Then we're still in RVS, aren't we?
Which Bitmap never gave a proper response to. While the issue being raised could be written off as conflicting playstyles/opinions, I would have expected him to try and defend himself, or at least concede the point, if he was at all invested in the discussion.

Granted, from that point onward, Bitmap was completely out of the game, so it's anyone's guess as to whether his lack of response was from inactivity or dodging the question.

In conclusion, I think Bitmap's play was leaning scum. However, I'm not so confident in the case that I'd push to lynch him first, and I'm especially interested to hear from phok.
And if you think I'm just making everything in THAT post up, its full of links for you to see exactly what he said himself.
Raptor wrote: What did the guy do that was guilty?
I have mentioned that at least two or three times by this post. It's not my fault if you "don't have enough time" to click the ISO button and see for yourself, or at least follow the links in my post directly to where I got my reads from.
Raptor wrote: What was the other's opinions?
Believe it or not, my case does not need to hinge on other people's opinions. That's what makes it my case, and not theirs. If you want to hear their opinions, go read their posts. Dessew has spelled it out for you just as much as I have.

I could go on and on, but for the sake of keeping this post more useful and less angry ranting I'll cut it short here. Maybe I'll go make a whole brand new case on phok just for you, since apparently anything that happened before you got here doesn't count.
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:00 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

[quote="In post 544, GamerRaptor"]Sorry I don't post often, winter break ended, and now school days are long :P

Thank god that tommorow's a half day, so yeah :D

I have to agree with Skelda. All of you just vote phok, and ignore us, and
call us dimwits for not having enough time, or lives to read every single post.[/
quote]

People post in this thread maybe a few times a day. This bold is a little strange.
GamerRaptor
GamerRaptor
Townie
GamerRaptor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:14 am

Post by GamerRaptor »

What?

I read some of the posts. #23 and #54 HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH PHOK. They are by BITMAPS. THEY DON'T EVEN HINT AT PHOK

Are you trying to make false opinions!? QUOTE something PHOK said.

(Excuse my lousy attitude, I got in a bad mood)
how do bold

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”