NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5750 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by geists »

I think my eyebrows just flew so high they detached from my head.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5751 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:32 pm

Post by Generic »

vote bert

Don't like a naked vote so consider that a vote for removing geists eyebrows.

Hypocricy I can accept is not a scum tell. The bullshit that came in to excuse it I'm afraid removed hypocricy from the table. You claim it's gut then you play a breadcrumb game... Very uneasy about you bert.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5752 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:38 pm

Post by goodmorning »

I got prodded.

Have been working on my reading.

Thus far I remain undecided on Norl-marble-person. Gut says Town though.
Bert... I want to think Bert is Town. I have a lot of paranoia though.
Generic I've pretty much calmed down about.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5753 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

I feel like lurking again. If anything piques my interest, I'll pop up.

Mod: I'm going to be VLA tomorrow through Saturday.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5754 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:51 pm

Post by Generic »

Everyone.

I've just had a phone call and an update on some already sad family related news and it's unsettled me to a point that I am gonna need a day or two away.

My head just won't be right and it will mean I will ruin the enjoyment factor for the rest of you. So my sincere apologies and to the moderator please place me as V/LA until Sunday and I will update you on my return if i come back sooner.

Speak soon all.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5755 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 5730, geists wrote:
In post 5692, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Looking over the players left alive, I think every single player in the game is very competent. But I'd rather have conftown involved in as many lynches as possible. It is ultimately up to Geists. If they want to be involved in another lynch, I'll support that. If not, that's their choice. I'd like to hear their thoughts about the merits of this proposal.
What makes you think we won't be involved in this lynch? If you mean do we want to leave well-developed reads for future game days, we absolutely will leave our best efforts.

Right now, I'm feeling a little sidelined due to having a different opinion from quite a few players (a majority? I'm not sure.) about Casso/Nacho. And, Nacho's own attitude about those opinions is infectious. I worry that he's not working harder on reads, but he's almost guaranteed to be in the game tomorrow and today is a foregone conclusion.

What is not a foregone conclusion is being able to go through reads with me after today. And I'd like to work with everyone on reads as long as they aren't about cheese. The process itself gives alignment indicative clues sometimes.
I was referring to the fact that if we lynch SSK today, you won't have as much influence in future lynches. On the other hand, if we lynch someone else today with you dynamically influencing the lynch, you'll be more involved in it and we can lynch SSK after you are gone with no trouble. I actually got the idea from you in Borkgame considering how you wanted Majiffy dead immediately.

I provided my reads. I'll be going over them again trying to refine them with meta-dives over the next few days and I'll happy to hear your thoughts.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5756 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:33 pm

Regarding the Mason claim, I'd like an explicit claim from GoodMorning stating that you are Masons with MC and MC alone just to be safe.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5757 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:40 pm

In post 5715, MC Maraca wrote:I won by getting a mason to fakeclaim masons with me, nightkilled her before she could reveal the trick, and dominated. It's in coney island.
Although Mara's lack of paranoia regarding the Mason claim in Sixty's game makes it fairly obvious this one is legit.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5758 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:56 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 3, Votecount 9
Bert (2)
-
Ser Arthur Dayne, Generic

MafiaSSK (2)
-
Sakura Hana, BROseidon

Cephrir (1)
-
Norlkaz

Ser Arthur Dayne (1)
-
pieguyn

MC Maraca (1)
-
Casso the King of Seals

Casso the King of Seals (1)
-
MC Maraca

Not Voting (8)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, MafiaSSK, goodmorning, zMuffinMan, KoreanBBQ, geists, Cephrir, Bert

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch! Deadline is on January 26th at 4:30 PM EST or in (expired on 2014-01-26 17:28:18)

Mod Notes
-
MafiaSSK is V/LA until Saturday. Generic is V/LA until Sunday.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5759 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:16 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5701, zMuffinMan wrote:
pieguy wrote:wanna lynch Arthur with me?
if we were lynching someone other than SSK today, why sad over casso? what happened to you being sure casso was scum a few pages back?
cephrir wrote:tldr though, I have not seen him make this level of effort outside of ASOIAF. His town moments as scum tend to come in short bursts rather than be a continual pounding.
no. nacho is more than capable of :efforting: when he's being suspected as scum. i'm pretty fucking sure the effort isn't an alignment thing, and more a reaction to being suspected, which *might* be because he's town, but he'd do the same thing here as scum. how much of his posts are you actually reading? or what about his effort here looks town?
I assure you, I am reading 100% of all posts. I've also thought his sorting was really genuine particularly of me. I don't know if I can convince anyone here though. There is so much will here in the other direction that I'm losing motivation to try stopping it. Especially given that I'm headed out the door before long myself.
In post 5733, Norlkaz wrote: VOTE: Cephrir
For lack of a better way of describing the pattern, he lacks manliness.
Also he has a lot of posts which have "to exist" as a purpose.
And there are lots of little 'yup this is scum's in there.
I actually feel pretty good about this one.
I have seen a lot of reasons for me being scum over the course of my years here, but I'm not sure I've seen one this good at making the opposite of sense. When have I ever been a "manly" mafia player, especially as town. Confidence is literally a scumtell for me. This post might as well read "Cephrir is scum because he's town". That is how much sense you are making.
In post 5738, Norlkaz wrote:I'm not drawing direct parallels from ASOIAF, but having played with Cephrir before does help.
Tammy is perfectly capable of yelling at people who call her scum, and worked in combination with some of the people I'd read more closely or something like that.
Tammyscum wasn't a read that stood the test of... lasting more than 3 lines of my ISO?
"I'm completely ignoring every semblance of meta because it doesn't suit my point and Cephrir is playing nothing like he did as scum in that game but I really want to lynch him!!"
In post 5743, Bert wrote:
In post 5741, Generic wrote:Cephrir, muffinman, BRO... GO!
Hey! I won't argue with you, but I'll answer your questions! I'm in a different zone since it's the school year, but yes here they are

Ceph - scum because of how he tried to sort me and is setting it up in a way so he can easily vote me, also gut pings everywhere on his posts. I have been the same Bert as I was in Hard Boiled, and even without knowing my scum meta, he never pronounced a townread on me that was solid. for me that's a scumclaim.

Muffin - lazy scum that is blending in and just coasts

BRO - town because gut and while I derided him about him reading me as town for all the wrong reasons (my "caring" is more as town BS), it is understandable given what he has seen me do as scum.

I don't have the energy/ability to do more in a large game like this, sorry
You have not been the same Bert you were in Hard Boiled. I will tell you when you are the same Bert you were in Hard Boiled. For one thing you have not even approached it at all until very recently, and some of that hasn't quite sat well with me. I hate to use the word 'forced', but I don't have a better word. I am in all probability going to keep fencesitting on you until I get lynched.

For the sake of posting anything at all not completely related to myself, the non-SSK players I am currently most interested in lynching are Generic, Norl, Muffin, |gap| SAD, in that order.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5760 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:18 pm

Post by Cephrir »

ALSO Bert

What you are saying here makes me suspect you for reasons I can't talk about and frankly screw you for doing what you're doing.
Bartleby the Scrivener
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5761 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

As much as I enjoy the passive aggressive talk of ongoings and shit, ALL OF YOU NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Signed: Guy who reads all the games
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #5762 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 5760, Cephrir wrote:What you are saying here makes me suspect you for reasons I can't talk about and frankly screw you for doing what you're doing.
That's not what I meant. Ugh. OK, so you are in the same position with me as I was with Broseidon.

We had only been in one game together. Broseidon and I had only been in Hard Boiled together.

Basically, since this game, I've been able to look back at Broseidon's attitude and tone and realize that just because he can be abrasive doesn't mean he's scum. Otherwise, I was on track to scumread him no matter what game I was in with him.

What initially made me very paranoid and tempted about BOTH Muffin and BRO was their reputation as scum.

It's just like Titus, who I always gut scumread and can't do anything about. Muffin is the one that's coasting, not Bro at this point.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5763 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 5761, MC Maraca wrote:ALL OF YOU NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Signed: Guy who reads all the games
I misspoke. I need to watch my wording thoguh. I have only seen BRO play Hard Boiled and he flipped town. His stay there was so short as he was the tracker who tracked Mac.

I have no idea what to expect from his town or scum game, as I have no flips WHATSOEVER to look back upon. but gut right now is town.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5764 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 5759, Cephrir wrote:You have not been the same Bert you were in Hard Boiled. I will tell you when you are the same Bert you were in Hard Boiled.
I'm starting to think I don't know what you're "looking for," but regardless a large game is not my element where I can magically become whatever "Bert" you're looking for. I also have no completed large games to my credit. No games over 13 players, ever.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #5765 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 5733, Norlkaz wrote:I'm open to a massclaim here; we're clearly already down our two best roles and are going to have to lynch scum today and go it mountainous.
Uh, what?

Vig is anti-town.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #5766 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by BROseidon »

ffery and cabd connect already so we can end this day.

This "we should lynch not-ssk" is bs.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5767 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5762, Bert wrote:
In post 5760, Cephrir wrote:What you are saying here makes me suspect you for reasons I can't talk about and frankly screw you for doing what you're doing.
That's not what I meant. Ugh. OK, so you are in the same position with me as I was with Broseidon.

We had only been in one game together. Broseidon and I had only been in Hard Boiled together.

Basically, since this game, I've been able to look back at Broseidon's attitude and tone and realize that just because he can be abrasive doesn't mean he's scum. Otherwise, I was on track to scumread him no matter what game I was in with him.

What initially made me very paranoid and tempted about BOTH Muffin and BRO was their reputation as scum.

It's just like Titus, who I always gut scumread and can't do anything about. Muffin is the one that's coasting, not Bro at this point.
You kind of missed the point. But I'm shutting up now.
In post 5764, Bert wrote:
In post 5759, Cephrir wrote:You have not been the same Bert you were in Hard Boiled. I will tell you when you are the same Bert you were in Hard Boiled.
I'm starting to think I don't know what you're "looking for," but regardless a large game is not my element where I can magically become whatever "Bert" you're looking for. I also have no completed large games to my credit. No games over 13 players, ever.
Which is why I'm not asking you to. And I don't know if I even know.

This game will probably go a long way towards helping me read you in the future, I hope. For now, again, fencesitting. It's a little weird that you just called me scum for not townreading you and backed off that so far here you are basically falling off whatever you were standing on.

But yes, in summary, I have sort of given up on reading you here and will carry this forward for next time.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5768 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:26 pm

Post by Bert »

Good, so this game will be very good for both of us. Hard Boiled was one of those rare games where everyone just townread me. That's exceedingly rare.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5769 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:48 pm

Post by Bert »

I just combed through the old Hard Boiled Scum QT and Nacho was advising the other scum that if they brought up one of BRO's scumgames where he singlehandedly won, then BRO might be mislynchable.

Some of you played in Xenogears with him too IIRC
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5770 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:04 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

In post 5765, BROseidon wrote: Vig is anti-town.
I have about as much respect for this statement as "Creationism should be taught in schools so students can see both theories."
Vig is more powerful than cop. You can wrongly argue against that and I won't be mad, but "vig is anti-town" is actively irritatingly stupid.

I am trying to dig into this game and find the thread of play, but the rush of motivation has been slow to come. I shall make another attempt tomorrow.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #5771 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:29 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 5770, Norlkaz wrote:I have about as much respect for this statement as "Creationism should be taught in schools so students can see both theories."
Vig is more powerful than cop. You can wrongly argue against that and I won't be mad, but "vig is anti-town" is actively irritatingly stupid.
Vig is so powerful that it makes town win rates go down.

Wait...
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5772 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Post by Bert »

I never knew Vigs made town win rates go down. :(

That makes me feel a whole lot better about Varsoon's death
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #5773 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Post by BROseidon »

One of the greens posted it in an MD discussion at one point.

I'm sure Cabd could go dig it up.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5774 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:36 pm

Post by Bert »

I'm searching and found one.
In post 2, LlamaFluff wrote: Viewed as anti-town? Yes.

Vigs are one of those roles that will basically lose or win a game for town every time. I just see it being lose the game far more than win the game, and given how inaccurate vigs are (using an RNG is more accurate than vigs on the site) the case for them not shooting is actually there.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”