Mini 1531 ~ Mafia Pinnipedum (Game Over!)

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:32 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 1586, Magua wrote:3. Really do not enjoy playing with people whose posts are "loldontgiveashit" because I find it impossible to differentiate between eg DDD's play and Syryana's play in this game.
I'm just baffled that you can sit there and try to argue that I didn't give a shit the way I fought to get any foothold I could on day three and while I admitted my day two play wasn't good it wasn't because I didn't care, it was because I let my indecision get the better of me and you wouldn't even know about my day one play instead relying on the impressions created by the scum confirmed as town to guide you.

In the end I was actually pretty accurate given what we were working against but I knew from WIAC's first post on day three that I didn't have a chance. Maybe I could've gotten Magua and LLD to join me in some best case scenario but scum were never going to bother helping me and Nati and Syr were complete blanks.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:33 am

Post by Syryana »

I was thinking more along the lines of you /inning for a game is a scumclaim, old boy.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:34 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

DDD, if it's any consolation, I literally wasn't going to vote you today. I just wasn't confident enough in my town read on you +WIAC being "confirmed town" to vocally object to the lynch.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:37 am

In post 1601, Syryana wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of you /inning for a game is a scumclaim, old boy.
You wanna know what makes me mad? I pull out these fucking insanely strong scumgames all the time, like Maiden, like Scummies invitational, like Brotherhood of the Wolf, like Higurashi Mafia, the list goes on.

And fucking no one respects my scumgame a lick.

But then I see people win these garbage games (sorry for the term, it's not meant to be offensive to Vi+Ti's setup, it's more that this town was doomed from the moment Penguin decided to derp) that any scum worth their salt could have won, and they get all these fucking accolades and shit.

Is it because they just play a larger volume of games than I do? Is that it? Do I need to start playing enough games such that I draw scum enough times that I can take the easy wins?

adngjglkashag;b;kg;lashbg;kjs;bas;kgsbvajlkbsavbbv[aknflah;sg MAD.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:38 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1599, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I'll tell you what, if you get the chance to neighborize Penguin in a game I'm in, because I haven't policy lynched her day 1, I'll lynch you day 2.

If you really want the paranoia that badly.
Yeah, no. If I'm in any game ill be 100% against this.

She did make a mistake, but that doesn't mean policy lynch. Maybe not taking her claims at face value is deserved, but a policy lynch no.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:38 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 1602, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:DDD, if it's any consolation, I literally wasn't going to vote you today. I just wasn't confident enough in my town read on you +WIAC being "confirmed town" to vocally object to the lynch.
*Shrug* I don't blame anyone for anything in this game, besides PA of course but I guess I don't see a big downside. If I'm town our only chance if for you to stick your neck out for me and if I am scum I don't think your position was in any real jeopardy even if you did back me because it would've been comically aggressive and your PR claim meant you were pretty safe.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:43 am

In post 1604, Malakittens wrote:
In post 1599, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I'll tell you what, if you get the chance to neighborize Penguin in a game I'm in, because I haven't policy lynched her day 1, I'll lynch you day 2.

If you really want the paranoia that badly.
Yeah, no. If I'm in any game ill be 100% against this.

She did make a mistake, but that doesn't mean policy lynch. Maybe not taking her claims at face value is deserved, but a policy lynch no.
Oh hey, you were in this game?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:44 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1603, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:You wanna know what makes me mad? I pull out these fucking insanely strong scumgames all the time, like Maiden, like Scummies invitational, like Brotherhood of the Wolf, like Higurashi Mafia, the list goes on.

And fucking no one respects my scumgame a lick.

But then I see people win these garbage games (sorry for the term, it's not meant to be offensive to Vi+Ti's setup, it's more that this town was doomed from the moment Penguin decided to derp) that any scum worth their salt could have won, and they get all these fucking accolades and shit.
I've never read or played in any of your scumgames, so I wouldn't know a damn thing about it.

However, personally, I think if you're able to neighborize a mason and convince them so thoroughly that you're town that they fakeclaim you're a third mason, you deserve some kind of accolade.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:46 am

I would like to point out I did the EXACT SAME THING in Bipolar Mafia as scum. Granted, I eventually got fucked in that game by powerrole madness and shit, but it's not particularly... unique? It's more a factor of P_A committing a cardinal sin, and less a factor of Cabd magically making her do it.

I mean, you have to have some modum of skill to be perceived as town, but it's not like it's that HARD to tell someone with a townread on you that you want to claim masons with them.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:49 am

Also, I just went back through my scumgames for shits and gigs: Bloodbath in Camden, Mafia through a Puppies' Eyes, Playground Mafia.

Bah.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:51 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1608, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I would like to point out I did the EXACT SAME THING in Bipolar Mafia as scum. Granted, I eventually got fucked in that game by powerrole madness and shit, but it's not particularly... unique? It's more a factor of P_A committing a cardinal sin, and less a factor of Cabd magically making her do it.

I mean, you have to have some modum of skill to be perceived as town, but it's not like it's that HARD to tell someone with a townread on you that you want to claim masons with them.
In post 1609, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Also, I just went back through my scumgames for shits and gigs: Bloodbath in Camden, Mafia through a Puppies' Eyes, Playground Mafia.

Bah.
I don't see why anyone should praise you for good scumgames when you seem categorically incapable of doing so for anyone else.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:59 am

I'm definitely not incapable of praising good scumplay. Kanye is a fucking terrifying scum player as I have said on MULTIPLE occasions. Faraday's scum play is really hard for me to grasp because he's such a cheeky bastard ALL THE TIME. Petapan is scary, Nacho is scary, AlmasterGM is scary.

I could spend a day thinking back on all the seriously fucking scary scumplayers I have come across in my games on this site. I'm not saying that Cabd can't be one of those, I'm just saying that if you seriously think that a game where the only reason I did not lynch him was because Penguin_Allen claimed he was confirmed town (literal only reason, as you can see by my entry vote on Day 2), then I don't know what to tell you.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:02 am

Like, you'll notice I didn't list this game in my list of games: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=18814

Wanna know why? Because despite the fact that we LITERALLY steamrolled this game with a flawless victory, there were some factors in that game that made the win feel... cheap for me. Like, the setup was pretty bonkers, 2 scum teams with a third party reverse lyncher was bonkers, and I felt we just got lucky to escape all the power role shenanigans.

So don't try and tell me I don't give credit where credit is due. I am equally fucking hard on myself, there are some scumgames I have where I just fucking sucked. Another Vi game "Mafia in the Backroom" is a fucking perfect example of this. Nuwen fucking CRUSHED MY FACE IN.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:03 am

Reckoner is a fucking scary scum player BTW. Fate used to be super scary but recently I've sort of mellowed on his scumplay.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:06 am

Oh god Memento Mafia, GreyICE and I got fucking steamrolled by Fate and MoI that game.

BTW if we wanna talk about players who scare me as town when I'm scum? MoI. Nuwen. Fate. GreyICE.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:08 am

God I feel like I could literally digress for AGES on this topic, talking about people who scare me as different alignments.

Instead, have a BeepDog everyone: http://polsy.org.uk/lp/beepdog.swf

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:13 am

Post by Kazekirimaru »

I think you're missing the point, it's BECAUSE of his conftown status that he played such a loose scumgame. He did that on fucking purpose. HE WAS TROLLING THE WHOLE FUCKING TIME BECAUSE HE KNEW HE COULD GET AWAY WITH IT. Fucking hell, this game.

Sorry. I've been sitting dead all game with THE ENITRE SCUMTEAM CALLED almost all game(I waffled between Magua and Selkies toward the end) and I need a public release for my frustration. This town would have won if I hadn't died. Selkies was going to get the fullest extent of my wrath Day 2, and I never, ever, EVER would have let Cabd convince my mason partner to do such things. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck me sideways. Ugh.

Okay.

Sorry.

Thanks for the game, Sixty. Cheers, everybody. Copious amounts of hugs to PA. I'm not even mad. Take care, cheers, etc.

PA, feel free to release our Mason QT.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:15 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1616, Kazekirimaru wrote:HE WAS TROLLING THE WHOLE FUCKING TIME BECAUSE HE KNEW HE COULD GET AWAY WITH IT
^This part is true.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:16 am

In post 1616, Kazekirimaru wrote:I think you're missing the point, it's BECAUSE of his conftown status that he played such a loose scumgame. He did that on fucking purpose. HE WAS TROLLING THE WHOLE FUCKING TIME BECAUSE HE KNEW HE COULD GET AWAY WITH IT. Fucking hell, this game.
Is this not what I've been saying? I never said he was a BAD scum player, I just said none of the scumteam had to to squat this game cause it was basically gift wrapped to them.

I mean, Kanye is still in my top 5 scum players on the site list, but I don't give him any more credit for this game than I do Cabd?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:17 am

Also, did I mention BeepDog? http://polsy.org.uk/lp/beepdog.swf

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:57 am

Post by Faraday »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36231

posts 1 and 3 applicable! good day
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:59 am

Post by Natirasha »

I'm not surprised at the fake mason claim, I'm just more surprised it was from pa, someone who I expressly don't think of when going 'hey that person likes to gambit'.

Can I shout out to Nacho+Mara, helping prove the llamafluff hypothesis of vigilante usefulness.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:01 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 1603, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:And fucking no one respects my scumgame a lick.
wow we're like the same person!!! :] wanna start a club?

(also for serious for all the "good" gambits can do, town lose more games than win due to "gambits", in my experience. especially those of a definitive guilty)
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:30 am

Post by Cabd »

I spent a good day or two in the QT talking her out of following that advice IIRC.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:41 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

i think i probably should have been lynched instantly when nightposting trimasons was a thing. imho !
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”