PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:57 am

Post by PlaysWithSquirrels »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:solid contribution to the thread.

i have no idea what that means or how its relevant. what is derf derf?
It means that if you turn your head real fast, you can see your ear.

Vote count as of post 162

Nocmen (1) - Omg
Sage (1) - Squirrels
Oh hai.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:57 am

Post by Kison »

I have to agree that OMG's asking to not be protected is pro-town if anything. Were he scum, it'd only make sense for him to not mention it, hoping that the doc would waste the night action on him.

I'll be looking through the thread again to see if I can come up with anything solid for anyone else.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:04 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

PlaysWithSquirrels wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote: you have a good point there elias. counter-possibility, the other mafia realised that i would be protected and decided to make a kill that would actually go through (i have nfi why they picked CES, maybe just because he is one of the better players in this game, and basically unreadable).
thats true enough. so in conclusion, we really have no direction in particular to head right now. We're pretty much back to day 1 except minus a doctor and roleblocker.

plays with squirrels, could you contribute something a little more helpful then "derf derf, omg is bad at mafia"?

im also wondoring where some players have gone. this game was really active day 1 but it just sort of died.
You're bro is so much cooler than you are.
well now i can say you've contributed something useful to the game.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:11 am

Elias_the_thief wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote: you have a good point there elias. counter-possibility, the other mafia realised that i would be protected and decided to make a kill that would actually go through (i have nfi why they picked CES, maybe just because he is one of the better players in this game, and basically unreadable).
thats true enough. so in conclusion, we really have no direction in particular to head right now. We're pretty much back to day 1 except minus a doctor and roleblocker.

plays with squirrels, could you contribute something a little more helpful then "derf derf, omg is bad at mafia"?

im also wondoring where some players have gone. this game was really active day 1 but it just sort of died.
You're bro is so much cooler than you are.
well now i can say you've contributed something useful to the game.
I just got locked out by a "quota exceeded" message.
Sage wrote:Exactly why OMG is off the table for today's lynch, Elias.

One of two things will happen tonight:

(A. He's town (be it power role or vanilla) and one of the mafias will kill him, knowing he's a power role.
(B. He's mafia, but the OTHER mafia kills him, thinking he's a power role.

Either way, lynching him doesn't do us much good, as he's dead anyways.

Does anybody see a situation where OMG survives the night, now?
I was a bit suspicious of Sage day one for the two mafias comment (which may or may not be a scum tell in this situation... I'm not sure), but I went back and found this. I think Sage is trying to be too townie here. "I'm protecting omg to seem like I'm helping the town." He also accepted omg's claim of "generic power role" without reservation which is kind of troubling.

I'm gonna start day 2 with a
Vote: Sage
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:15 am

Kison wrote:I have to agree that OMG's asking to not be protected is pro-town if anything. Were he scum, it'd only make sense for him to not mention it, hoping that the doc would waste the night action on him.

I'll be looking through the thread again to see if I can come up with anything solid for anyone else.
?.
Oh hai.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:23 am

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

dude, who are you?

yeah thats what i thought.........

also, elias - i cant speak for anyone else but i lost a lot of interest in this game the second like 5 ppl decided to instalynch someone that claimed scum day 1. ive seen a lot of bad play on this site but that has to go down as the worst ever.
i swear im not mafia
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Kison »

Kison wrote:I have to agree that OMG's asking to not be protected is pro-town if anything. Were he scum, it'd only make sense for him to not mention it, hoping that the doc would waste the night action on him.

?.
Was that suppose to be a question?
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:20 am

@ OMG, in my opinion, we pretty much had to lynch CB. I mean, he claimed scum. there's no reason a mod wouldve replaced him simply because he's dumb. if we hadnt lynched him, we would have had him just sitting around doing nothing. theres also the fact that he was misleading the town if he was lying, and if he's just going to do that, he's more use dead than alive to the town (or at least he seemed that way, before we found out he was a roleblocker). plus, he gave away a potential scum group. it was in our best interest to lynch him simply because of the possibility that he actually was scum, and that his group was indeed one of the mafia groups. Of course, I do agree with you that he was lynched way to fast, and more thought should have gone into his lynching. However, i think that we ended up doing what we probably wouldve done in the end.

@ Squirrels, I still dont think sage's "one of the mafias" comment was very scummy. anyone who read the mods original message, and was familiar with the meaning of "dueling gods", or with "werewolves" style of play would immediately realize that there should be two mafias.

@ kison. did you find anything in your readthrough?
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:20 am

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:

dude, who are you?

also, elias - i cant speak for anyone else but i lost a lot of interest in this game the second like 5 ppl decided to instalynch someone that claimed scum day 1. ive seen a lot of bad play on this site but that has to go down as the worst ever.
So you're criticizing the town for lynching claimed scum. What do you want from us? This coming from the guy who claimed "I am some sort of power role" day one. Nice.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:21 am

Kison wrote:

?.
Was that suppose to be a question?
It was me trying to say in a not-so-abrasive manner that your response makes no sense to me whatsoever.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:33 am

Elias_the_thief wrote:@ Squirrels, I still dont think sage's "one of the mafias" comment was very scummy. anyone who read the mods original message, and was familiar with the meaning of "dueling gods", or with "werewolves" style of play would immediately realize that there should be two mafias.
A valid statement. I was talking more about the post I quoted though.
Oh hai.
Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:51 am

Post by Nyktorion »

I did not find the cokewagon really scummy, even the mod put the reasons to lynch him right in frot of us. Sure, if you want to say it was bad play by town, that statement is also right if you consider that cokebottle was actually part of that town. Even though coke was town on paper, his actions still supported scum rather than town.

I do not really agree with the reasoning of Squirrels' vote against Sage, since the "too townie" is just an instance of WIFOM and therefore not a good argument on its own. However, another thing that I do find a little suspicious about him is that he seems to be lurkerish. After your Squirrels' Too-Townie-Quote, he remained silent for the rest of D1, and also only posted in the very beginning of Day 2. This behavior contributed to the lack of discussion we had before this evening's argument, and thus helped scum rather tha town. By similar argument, I'll distribute some

Post-or-Perish-FOSs: Sage, Nocmen, Utnut

Also,
Mod
, I would like to ask for a replacement of Sandy, since she still has not confirmed yet.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:55 am

Post by Nocmen »

I havent commented because there was nothing I could find commenting on. Everything that I found was already said before I could say it, and theres no use in posting tons of "I agree with ~" posts.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:48 pm

Utnet has posted only once. He should be replaced also.
Oh hai.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:43 pm

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:

dude, who are you?

So you're criticizing the town for lynching claimed scum. What do you want from us? This coming from the guy who claimed "I am some sort of power role" day one. Nice.
look kid its simple. me > you.

i know you are way too dumb to possibly understand how this game works but just understand that and we will be fine.
i swear im not mafia
Sage
Sage
Goon
Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by Sage »

Gah! I was writing a post about how every time I've tried to make a post, either my computer dies or the website goes over its CPU quota and shuts me out. While I was writing it (about 4 hours ago) my computer died!

But I'm here now...I should be able to get this post out. I'm on a stable computer.

OMG, can we lynch you now so my headache can go away? The way you berate the town makes it hard to think of you as a fellow townie. If you ARE townie, it's bad play to alienate yourself from the town. So
FoS: OMG

I don't like your playstyle.

Squirrels, don't use WIFOM arguments. While I see now that I left a couple possibilities off of the table (obviously, OMG survived the night), but my post wasn't an attempt to look townie...it was a continuation of my constant position throughout this game: OMG is annoying. :-P

You are right, though, that we shouldn't accept OMG's claim automatically. I guess I'm just cautious from Triad mafia.
Michael Jackson?
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:07 pm

Oh, omg. You're so funny.
Oh hai.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:25 pm

Sage wrote: You are right, though, that we shouldn't accept OMG's claim automatically. I guess I'm just cautious from Triad mafia.
omg's claimed? i must have missed it. where did he claim?

by the way OMG, bragging about being better than other players (in truth, or not) isnt getting us any closer to finding scum. it really just distracts us from it.

er,
mod
, have we looked into a prod and possibility of replacement for sandy?
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:26 pm

elias - bragging? im just trying to get this annoying little tool to stop obsessing over me in every post.... i actually dont even think im likely the best player in this game, im just a hell of a lot better than squirrels and i think INSTA lynching cb was a terrible terrible play on day 1 which is why we are now left with a huge spade mafia advantage in this game.

sage - im claiming today 100% regardless of how many votes i get because i believe its best for my character. just waiting to see how discussion moves before i give this info.

also:
OMG, can we lynch you now so my headache can go away? The way you berate the town makes it hard to think of you as a fellow townie. If you ARE townie, it's bad play to alienate yourself from the town. So FoS: OMG.
this is just wrong. i alienate town in every game i ever play regardless of my role. thats a reason to berate me if you cant handle a difference in playstyle, but its not a reason to fos. fos implies scumminess.
i swear im not mafia
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:44 pm

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:elias - bragging? im just trying to get this annoying little tool to stop obsessing over me in every post.... i actually dont even think im likely the best player in this game, im just a hell of a lot better than squirrels and i think INSTA lynching cb was a terrible terrible play on day 1 which is why we are now left with a huge spade mafia advantage in this game.

sage - im claiming today 100% regardless of how many votes i get because i believe its best for my character. just waiting to see how discussion moves before i give this info.

also:
OMG, can we lynch you now so my headache can go away? The way you berate the town makes it hard to think of you as a fellow townie. If you ARE townie, it's bad play to alienate yourself from the town. So FoS: OMG.
this is just wrong. i alienate town in every game i ever play regardless of my role. thats a reason to berate me if you cant handle a difference in playstyle, but its not a reason to fos. fos implies scumminess.
Oh, Omg. You're hilarious.
Oh hai.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:13 pm

just sad..... stop wasting time
i swear im not mafia
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:26 am

Hehe, omg. That's so true!
Oh hai.
Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:07 am

Post by Nyktorion »

Nocmen, just telling us your agreements/disagreements with the statements posted might already help us evautaing your own alignment, and I guess you would be interested in convincing us that your alignment is town. However, even if you agree with everything being said here, I just can't imagine that our arguments are so perfect that they match exactly what you would be reasoning.

I do not understand yet why omg thinks that a roleclaim could be est for his character. Even if the claim would protect him from being lynched, it also makes it much easier for the mafia to choose targets for their nightkills. Considering that, the only scenario I can imagine where claiming would be best for town at this point would be a cop with a guilty result, since that would eliminate one scum. If that is not the case, I would be curious wat another good reason for claiming now could be that outweighs the additional information for the mafias.
Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:09 am

Post by Nyktorion »

Elias wrote:omg's claimed? i must have missed it. where did he claim?
Omg claimed non-vanilla in post #32:
omg wrote:also, all - im roleclaiming at 5 votes, maybe even 4 if i feel like it, and im not vanilla.

so dont vote for me.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:30 am

Nyktorion wrote:Nocmen, just telling us your agreements/disagreements with the statements posted might already help us evautaing your own alignment, and I guess you would be interested in convincing us that your alignment is town. However, even if you agree with everything being said here, I just can't imagine that our arguments are so perfect that they match exactly what you would be reasoning.

I do not understand yet why omg thinks that a roleclaim could be est for his character.
Even if the claim would protect him from being lynched, it also makes it much easier for the mafia to choose targets for their nightkills. Considering that, the only scenario I can imagine where claiming would be best for town at this point would be a cop with a guilty result, since that would eliminate one scum. If that is not the case, I would be curious wat another good reason for claiming now could be that outweighs the additional information for the mafias.
It's probably because he's a terrible mafia player. Presumably he's got a chip on his shoulder about being lynched as a power role before. His solution is to claim on day one.

It's either that or some sort of gambit.

I'm about 80% sure it's the former which is a shame because it would do my evil heart good to see him lynched.
Oh hai.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”