NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5475 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 5472, Bert wrote:
In post 5471, KoreanBBQ wrote:Fire Emblem: Awakening but why does it matter and shouldn't it have been obvious I was referring to a mafia game?
If you're going to make a reference, it's nice so some people don't feel left out.

Explain how that's relevant and what Hanasawa did there? And what alignment was he

Are you Nero?
Why does it matter who I am?

In FEA, much like this game, Hanna got ran up, made a big stink and then started this whole "you guys should lynch me." crap. She was town and yea, it makes me worry that you are town but I hate the way you are implying that you must be town for doing the same thing.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5476 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 5388, geists wrote:
In post 5385, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 5373, geists wrote:
In post 5366, MC Maraca wrote:Sure. When you're ready, name a day and a player.
zmuffin, bro, SER, Norlkaz, bert, pieguy, Cephrir

More or less in that order. SER and Norlkaz mostly because I'm horrifically unfamiliar with their play.

Sleeping on it, Nati and I still feel like this is town-Nacho. I hope we're right.

Can probably start tonight. I'm looking at isos for another game atm.
Have you changed your mind on Sakura?
Not really. See my previous post. I still have her down as questionable and I don't like that her day 1 pseudo-blacklist tell is being used to town her so emphatically.
What does Nati think?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5477 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:29 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

So to keep all of my posts relevant to the game I'm going to start posting excerpts from fanfiction that describe themselves as "epic", but with a savory twist.

This one is from a Harry Potter Fic known as "Marauders epic moments":

Boy thank merlin we have the Seriously Strong Cheddars, that's what I call them anyway, has a nice ring to it. Anyway Jarlsberg looks like he has a plan, no wait, no he doesn't. So I turned
around to see what he was looking at. Lily Emmental of course. Why does Provolongsie always end up in Lily-land when she enters the room. Oh great ,she's coming over. This'll be
entertaining.
"Hey Lily." That was Provolongs.
"Hello Potter." Emmental.
"So, why didn't you take any points off them, Emmental?" Come on we all know who that is.
" I didn't see the need." She's grinning, Oh Merlin, why is she grinning? Siraz Black is worried.
Evans again "I simply told MacconisGonagall what happened,she wasn't happy. She took a further 10 points each and each Slytherin involved got a fortnights detention. Happy, Potter?"
He must be, I am . I can't wait to annoy them about that. Emmental just walked away there and then shouted over her shoulder " Nearly forgot, she also told me to check that her
favourite Quidditch player was alright!" I just stood up and yelled at her "Tell Mimolette I love her too!" and the whole common room exploded with laughter, I gave(what I hoped to
be) a comical bow and sat down. What , I AM a Marauder, after all.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5478 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 5474, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 5352, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 5325, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 5309, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:This reads as so manipulative. You CANNOT be so certain that Nacho is town that you are willing to get lynched in his place. Nacho is a good scum player. There will always be uncertainty and paranoia. Even ffery who can read him like a book isn't certain of his affiliation.
I did the same before, why didn't you question it, yet you question Cephrir's motives?
You are not him.
His buddying to me in
ASOIAF
was a hell of a lot more subtle
BERT'S LAW SAYS YOU CAN'T MAKE REFRENSES YOU HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT SO WE ALL KNOW WHAT IT IS!!!
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5479 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:30 pm

In post 5416, Generic wrote:Oh I see, PoE
This was reasonable to you?
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5480 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

vote:SSK
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #5481 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 5475, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 5471, KoreanBBQ wrote:Fire Emblem: Awakening but why does it matter and shouldn't it have been obvious I was referring to a mafia game?
If you're going to make a reference, it's nice so some people don't feel left out.

Explain how that's relevant and what Hanasawa did there? And what alignment was he

Are you Nero?

In FEA, much like this game, Hanna got ran up, made a big stink and then started this whole "you guys should lynch me." crap. She was town and yea, it makes me worry that you are town but I hate the way you are implying that you must be town for doing the same thing.
It's Nero because GIF isn't passive aggressive

I never implied I must be town for doing whatever Hana did

I also have not been run up, so bad comparison
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5482 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

But I can be passive sggressive quite easily too
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5483 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Bert »

You also self-voted at the end of D1, BBQ
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5484 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 5474, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I don't think that Cephrir as scum would be so hamfisted. His buddying to me in ASOIAF was a hell of a lot more subtle; it started out with him townreading me when I first began pouring effort into the game, then a slow build up of faked paranoia that he kept retracting when i continued not to get weird on him. I also haven't seen Cephrir make any dramatic loud gambits in his play as scum; he usually just plays a very solid day game and leaves it at that.

I also don't think scum tend to save town players who are close to death; it was the type of post I always expect to come when I'm getting lynched and don't deserve it at all, but never comes because scum is stepping back and letting it happen (the latest crosstown and the Vi lynch is the clearest memory, but Hard Boiled where I let NS get lynches is a pretty great example too). He also took a real risk if scum there; there was a lot of antiCephrir sentiments coming up and a few bad knee jerk responses could have made a dead Cephrir very very easily.

The confidence of it does bother me, but do you really think Cephrir as scum would go that deep to save me?
I'll read through ASOIAF and get back to you on that. I was planning to read the entire game in segments over a few days. I am not sure there is anything he is incapable of doing as scum and like zMuffin, I think he would push the limits and vary his meta. I am trying to see why Town-Ceph would do it as it is a lot simpler.

Cephrir wasn't in real danger of a lynch before I tried to persuade DOMO and he hopped on. You and Giests were both against his lynch to some extent. There was even more anti-desperado sentiment than anti-Ceph with both your slot and Geists pushing it through. I don't think he thought anyone would seriously consider it and push his lynch especially since everyone that asked to be lynched before (GIF, Sakura) weren't. So, I didn't interpret it as him trying to save you.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5485 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:33 pm

In post 5477, MafiaSSK wrote:So to keep all of my posts relevant to the game I'm going to start posting excerpts from fanfiction that describe themselves as "epic", but with a savory twist.

This one is from a Harry Potter Fic known as "Marauders epic moments":

Boy thank merlin we have the Seriously Strong Cheddars, that's what I call them anyway, has a nice ring to it. Anyway Jarlsberg looks like he has a plan, no wait, no he doesn't. So I turned
around to see what he was looking at. Lily Emmental of course. Why does Provolongsie always end up in Lily-land when she enters the room. Oh great ,she's coming over. This'll be
entertaining.
"Hey Lily." That was Provolongs.
"Hello Potter." Emmental.
"So, why didn't you take any points off them, Emmental?" Come on we all know who that is.
" I didn't see the need." She's grinning, Oh Merlin, why is she grinning? Siraz Black is worried.
Evans again "I simply told MacconisGonagall what happened,she wasn't happy. She took a further 10 points each and each Slytherin involved got a fortnights detention. Happy, Potter?"
He must be, I am . I can't wait to annoy them about that. Emmental just walked away there and then shouted over her shoulder " Nearly forgot, she also told me to check that her
favourite Quidditch player was alright!" I just stood up and yelled at her "Tell Mimolette I love her too!" and the whole common room exploded with laughter, I gave(what I hoped to
be) a comical bow and sat down. What , I AM a Marauder, after all.
This is absolutely amazing.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5486 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 5482, KoreanBBQ wrote:But I can be passive sggressive quite easily too
GIF-head has more charisma and is nicer on the whole
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5487 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by Bert »

That's how I'm telling you two apart
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5488 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:36 pm

In post 5428, Bert wrote:But, I was being honest in wanting out of this game because I am the weakest player remaining, and the sooner I'm crossed off the list, the better town's chances of winning this. Also, I've been having trouble in this game.

It's good that SSK has claimed scum today, though, for town.
This is Bert who is being too hard on himself, not a Bert who is tapering off and coasting like in White Flag.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5489 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 5480, KoreanBBQ wrote:
vote:SSK
Another vote means another story excerpt!

This one is from a Lord of the Rings fic known as Sproadically Evil Sponges. This time it'll start from the beginning:

Gammelost the Gouda/White Cheddar shuddered when he heard the news. A new evil had arrived. The Ricottally Meunster Necklace, in the possession of none other than Fromage Baggins.
He rode hurriedly through all sorts of country to get to Babybel End, and tell Fromage. He had become worried, and to him, this Ricottaly Meunster Necklace was almost worse than The One
Ring.
"Fromage, I must speak with you," he said as he entered Babybel End. "There's a new evil, and YOU are in possession of it!"
"Not again!" exclaimed Fromage. "Why me?"
Gammelost scratched his head. "I don't know. Some demented plan of an author, I guess."
"Evil authors."
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5490 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

Man, that flashlynch could've gotten scum D1 :<
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5491 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:40 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

But noooooo I even offered myself for a compromise lynch instead of scum
This is like the worst thing I did in this site beside killing a fruit vendor over IC
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5492 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:40 pm

Post by Bert »

Vote: SSK

Not happy to be doing this, but giving in, as this lynch is pointless until MYLO/LYLO. More stories please....
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5493 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 5481, Bert wrote:
In post 5475, KoreanBBQ wrote:

Are you Nero?

It's Nero because GIF isn't passive aggressive

I never implied I must be town for doing whatever Hana did

I also have not been run up, so bad comparison
In post 5434, Bert wrote:Be back later. I suggest leaving SSK alive as he doesn't need to be lynched until it's actually MYLO/LYLO. Wasting a lynch on him now is pretty pointless, we already know what he will flip. Try someone else that's suspicious so we have more info tomorrow.

Vote: Bert
This is the same "lynch me" type crap that Hana pulled in FEA.

I felt like when you asked what alignment was Hana you were implying you had the same alignment since you are doing something very similar.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5494 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 5493, KoreanBBQ wrote: This is the same "lynch me" type crap that Hana pulled in FEA.

I felt like when you asked what alignment was Hana you were implying you had the same alignment since you are doing something very similar.
Nero, Sakura has pulled the same "lynch me" as SCUM before multiple times. So no it is not alignment indicative. AtE can be pulled as any alignment.

Basically, that reasoning for "going from scumreading me to fencesitting ("Bert may be town but it looks fake"") is not convincing at all, I reckon
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5495 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:44 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

So now a brie intermission with the story of how I started to like cheese:

It all began when I was about 10 years old. It was a sunny day. Much like today. 60 or so degrees. Just really nice weather. A bunch of banks all helped to sponsor a local concert in a local park that all of my family got together to see. It was a picnic-y type of concert and my uncle had a theme for all of the foods that we were all supposed to bring. The theme was tomatoes. I hate tomatoes. But luckily, there were crackers! So after eating a lot of Chiken Biskit, my parents tried to make me have a more nutrious cracker. So they opened up the cooler. The blue cooler. Sitting there as the sun faded, it shimmered in the fading light. I was ecstatic. For inside, all variances of cheese became known to me whether it was a sharp, white cheddar or a more mellow swiss. They all tasted great on crackers. So I ate they all.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5496 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 5494, Bert wrote:Nero, Sakura has pulled the same "lynch me" as SCUM before multiple times. So no it is not alignment indicative. AtE can be pulled as any alignment.
So why did you ask her alignment in FEA?
Basically, that reasoning for "going from scumreading me to fencesitting ("Bert may be town but it looks fake"") is not convincing at all, I reckon
I think if I fence sat on you then my rear end would be sore. Its not so yeah...

Anyways...more SSK votes.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5497 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 5492, Bert wrote:
Vote: SSK

Not happy to be doing this, but giving in, as this lynch is pointless until MYLO/LYLO. More stories please....
Sweet! I was hoping for another vote.

This time it's for a fic from Twilight (so you know it has to be good), known as Epic Love Story:

Edward-edilpiz froze in shock. He then quickly grabbed at Jarlsberg, who snapped defensively at his brother. Bel la Paese was quickly becoming light-headed. Jarlsburg once again took hold of her,
and began sucking again, this time biting her wrist.
Emental grabbed Jarlsburg from behind in the next second, locking him into his massive steel grip. He tried to pry him away from Bel la Paese, but Jarlsburg held on for dear life, all the while
sucking her blood right out of her.
Edward-edilpiz pulled at one of Jarlsburg's arms, ripping it right off, and throwing it across the house. Carlsburg tried to talk sense into his newest son, reasoning that animal blood was good
enough, and there was no need to hurt Bel la Paese. Esrom was crying hysterically. Romanolie and Alicemerican cheese began tearing Jarlsburg apart, throwing his pieces and parts around the house.
And for Bel la Paese, her surroundings began to dim. The panicking voices of her family grew faint, like she was underwater. Even the blinding pain was numb. She began to float away.
And then, it was dark.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5498 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 5496, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 5494, Bert wrote:Nero, Sakura has pulled the same "lynch me" as SCUM before multiple times. So no it is not alignment indicative. AtE can be pulled as any alignment.
So why did you ask her alignment in FEA?
I think if I fence sat on you then my rear end would be sore. Its not so yeah...

Anyways...more SSK votes.
No u
We have like 10+ days
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5499 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 5496, KoreanBBQ wrote:So why did you ask her alignment in FEA?
Because if Hana was scum in that game, then that means you're still reading me as scum and/or is no reason to be reading me as less scummy than before. You only said that "Bert is infuriating me a little," and I can't read into what you meant.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”