Open 539: Stacks on Stacks (This is Game...Over.)

Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.06

[L-1] Venrob - Formerfish, Umbrage, Acidic_TACO, Dont_Vote_Me, Venrob, Desperado

[L-5] anorway - RedCoyote, Albert B. Rampage
[L-5] Acidic_TACO - TvK, The Silver Bard
[L-6] Formerfish - Shockwave Rider

Not voting: anorway

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Saturday, January 18, 2014 at 6:00 PM CST ((expired on 2014-01-18 18:00:00)).

---

anorway is V/LA until the end of January 8th.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Acidic_TACO wrote:I still don't see how I'm scum...
SEE VENROB THIS IS AN APPROPRIATE REACTION TO GETTING CAUGHT

I HOPE YOU'RE TAKING NOTES
In post 173, Shockwave Rider wrote:
In post 172, Acidic_TACO wrote:I still don't see how I'm scum...
I'd hope you wouldn't...
Umbrage wrote:literally his only contribution to the game thus far has been a vote on RC for meta reasons. A meta case based off A SINGLE GAME WHERE RC WAS SCUM.
Most people don't know how to use meta. Venrob is still most likely town and his wagon is ridiculous.

Meanwhile Formerfish is coasting by with minimal effort. He hasn't really said anything about any of the players in the game other than Venrob.
nope there's absolutely nothing that indicates he's town at all

even if he is town he is worse than useless

we get the same odds lynching him as anyone else, and lose virtually nothing since he's a claimed VT

but that's moot because he's scum

ABR HIT THE HAMMAH

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Post by The Silver Bard »

In post 170, TvK wrote:
In post 153, The Silver Bard wrote:Scum found

Albert B. Rampage is scum. Intentionally antagonizing someone who is allready pissed off seems like scumtactics.

VOTE: Albert B. Rampage
I guess you never played with Albert before...
In post 154, The Silver Bard wrote:Do not lynch Venrob, he is just an agitated townie. Also don't replace him. Him selfvoting is giving the town alot of info. For instance there is guaranteed scum on his wagon.
No, this guarantees that a lot of people hate his play and would really want to policy lynch him. His self-voting says nothing about scum or no scum on his wagon.
In post 166, The Silver Bard wrote:Taco is more likely scum than ABR. Join the train, thank me postgame.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Acidic_TACO
Bard, being an innocent child means that you're confirmed town. It does not mean that you're confirmed right and you should vote anyone who disagrees with you.
If Venrob flips scum I am willing to policy lynch him forever in all games I play together with him. Because I find faked rage and defensive posts where you excuse your play with sickness and such really bad taste if you lie about it. His reaction is frustrated town or asshole scum.

I am not voting Taco because we disagree, I am voting him for not being able to answer one easy question, and instead resorting to discrediting and antagonizing of a confirmed town. It would make more sense for town to cooperate don't you think?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:02 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I may be skating, but I'm also not really reading right now. I am busy and have said so before. Venrob never answered my question about why he was self voting and I have a hard time being in games where people play like that. I feel like it is disingenuous and disrupts the natural flow of the game. If you aren't scum then you have nothing to worry about, play the game as you would and don't even think about those who are calling you scum. Now that doesn't mean don't defend yourself when needed, but it does mean that you shouldn't whine and cry and self vote because people are reading you a certain way. This is a game that is based off lies and reading actions. Your actions have dictated a certain read to some of us, we have to try and see through what you are saying to figure out the truth. When you act the way you are I, for one, shut the fuck down.

SR you are town reading Venrob, let me see that case and I will read it and see if my evaluation of him changes. You just saying that he is town doesn't mean jack fucking shit to me right now. Make a play here or see your scumbuddy hang and keep making your weak ass chainsaw defenses and try to set someone else up for a competing wagon, cause you know inactivity is soooooo a scum tell especially when I announce it.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:54 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Forget about a replacement, I'm going to hammer him now.

Unvote, vote Venrob

Good riddance.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:26 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.07

[Lynch] Venrob - Formerfish, Umbrage, Acidic_TACO, Dont_Vote_Me, Venrob, Desperado, Albert B. Rampage

[L-5] Acidic_TACO - TvK, The Silver Bard
[L-6] anorway - RedCoyote

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

---

Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:36 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

It’s that time. You guys have chosen a player to send to the lynching block.

You guys chose Venrob. He turned out to be a
Vanilla Townie

It is now Night 1. Deadline is January 11th at 9 AM CST ((expired on 2014-01-11 09:00:00)) to send in your night actions.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:10 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Good morning, everybody! Or was it?

I guess not. The Silver Bard was shot last night. He turned out to be a
Town Innocent Child
, just like I promised.

Oh well, it’s a new day!

It is now Day 2. Deadline is January 30th at 10 AM CST ((expired on 2014-01-30 10:00:00)).
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:50 am

Redcoyote, I've been thinking. I resonated with what you were posting for almost all of Day 1. It almost seemed like we were in lockstep. I'm talking about suspicions on anorway, townread on Venrob, etc.

Except this post:
In post 134, RedCoyote wrote:TvK, are you suggesting that Acidic is coaching Venrob?

ABR, I agree with you, but everything Venrob has been saying except for leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. As of right now, I think I want them both to eat rope.
I thought this was completely opposite of what you were saying earlier, and what increased my town read on you in the first place. You said Venrob was town, then you said you wanted him to eat rope. I thought this might have been a distancing tactic from a buddy, to hedge your bets in case the town lynched Venrob for his temper tantrum.

Venrob flipping town changes my read on you; I think you're more likely to be town now. I wasn't as confident of my town read on Venrob as I made it appear, and I've seen suicidal scum make it out alive for posts like he made. I can see you having the same type of misgivings.

On the Venrob mislynch, the most likely to be scum is Desperado. His posts are short and scattered, meaning that he only appeared when it mattered, only when the window to mislynch Venrob was open.
In post 115, Desperado wrote:
In post 114, Umbrage wrote:getting town vibes from anorway ftr
Why?

Unvote
Vote: anorway
His anorway vote also bothered me, even though we were both the ones to bring anorway up.

Vote: Desperado

Do you think Desperado was desperato to lynch the first bandwagonned player, regardless of who it was or what their alignment looked like?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:56 am

Also, Bard was a rude little grumkin, and Acid looks town to me.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:01 am

Town:
Redcoyote
Umbrage
Albert B. Rampage
Acidic_TACO

Null:
anorway
Formerfish

Scum:
Desperado
Shockwave Rider
Dont_Vote_Me
TvK
TvK
TvK
Goon
TvK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:29 am

Post by TvK »

What made you put anorway as null? I thought you were scumreading him day 1?
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:34 am

Post by Umbrage »

I could get behind a Desperado lynch

move anorway to town and Acidic to scum though please

how do you get Shockwavescum?

oh I see
In post 54, Shockwave Rider wrote:UNVOTE: VOTE: Venrob. Yeah he went into too much detail with that unvote. Also failed to answer RedCoyote's question.
In post 90, Shockwave Rider wrote: I don't like Formerfish calling for a hammer, particularly when his reason is that Venrob was being a "prima donna," which is not related to alignment.
UNVOTE: VOTE: Formerfish.
In post 173, Shockwave Rider wrote:Venrob is still most likely town and his wagon is ridiculous.
DAT WAGON DISTANCE

VOTE: Shockwave Rider
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:56 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

Still not sure how I'm scum...
ABR makes some good points about Desperado
In post 49, Desperado wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Venrob

That overexplanation is crazy scummy
Makes no sense to me in hindsight as Venrob was town, Venrob was nervous and under pressure.
In post 51, Desperado wrote:Who gives a shit why you were voting him when you didn't know he was an IC? Your vote didn't require an explanation after the fact.
When Venrob tried to defend himself, seems counter intuitive now as a vote without an explanation is even more scummy to me then a vote with an over explanation.
VOTE: Desperado
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:08 am

Post by Desperado »

If there was scum on the wagon, it was Taco--the above post is a pretty good example of why.

"Makes no sense in hindsight?" "Seems counterintuitive now?" You've got to be fucking kidding me. This isn't a case, it's retarded fluff to distract from the fact that he's just sheeping Albert.

With that said, I think scum was more likely off than on Venrob:
[L-5] Acidic_TACO - TvK
[L-6] anorway - RedCoyote

2 of the scum are in this group. My money is on Shockwave and anorway right now.

Finally:
In post 183, Albert B. Rampage wrote:On the Venrob mislynch, the most likely to be scum is Desperado. His posts are short and scattered, meaning that he only appeared when it mattered,
only when the window to mislynch Venrob was open.
This is pretty fucking rich coming from the guy who said "Forget about a replacement, I'm hammering now."

Vote: Shockwave Rider
;)
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:17 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

Retarded fluff huh?
Its my reasons, you could just say you don't like em.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:21 am

Post by Desperado »

Yes. If your "case" can be totally shutdown by a cliche, it's retard fluff.
;)
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:36 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

In post 191, Desperado wrote:Yes. If your "case" can be totally shutdown by a cliche, it's retard fluff.
What cliche exactly?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Desperado »

Hindsight is 20/20.
;)
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:39 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

In post 193, Desperado wrote:Hindsight is 20/20.
Thats a saying not a cliche. If you ignore the past you're bound to repeat it is another saying. I'm using past information to make a more informed decision.
TvK
TvK
Goon
TvK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:53 am

Post by TvK »

Ok, those reasons Taco is trying to fabricate to jump on Desperado are bad. Split between him and Shockwave at the moment in terms of where to put my vote. I guess Shockwave's next post will decide where I'll put it.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:58 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 194, Acidic_TACO wrote:
In post 193, Desperado wrote:Hindsight is 20/20.
Thats a saying not a cliche. If you ignore the past you're bound to repeat it is another saying. I'm using past information to make a more informed decision.
"Saying" is a synonym for "cliche." It's sort of like the rectangle/square thing; every cliche is a saying, but not every saying is a cliche.

With that said, no you aren't. You are calling me scum by quoting things I said and then saying that in hindsight, me being wrong about Venrob is really scummy. This argument fails twice over; once because hindsight is 20/20, and twice because
your stated reasons for voting me apply equally to yourself:

In post 149, Acidic_TACO wrote:Folding to nothing, I think hes scum and hes acting even more childish then when I voted him...
In post 188, Acidic_TACO wrote:Makes no sense to me in hindsight as Venrob was town, Venrob was nervous and under pressure.
Who else is scum, Taco?
;)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:11 am

Post by RedCoyote »

ABR 183 wrote:Venrob flipping town changes my read on you; I think you're more likely to be town now. I wasn't as confident of my town read on Venrob as I made it appear, and I've seen suicidal scum make it out alive for posts like he made. I can see you having the same type of misgivings.
Just to build on this, wasn't enough to outweigh all the rest of the bad play to me. I mean, literaly I weighed all the posts Venrob made in my mind up against one another. When I said that was the only post that sounded townie, I meant that.

What irked me in particular was him voting himself a second time. The first time I disliked it until 73 when he ultimately unvoted himself and I saw that transition as one of a townie. When he did it a second time, it struck me as someone that was being emotionally manipulative or overly tactical. I think it was a reasonable lynch.
ABR 183 wrote:Do you think Desperado was desperato to lynch the first bandwagonned player, regardless of who it was or what their alignment looked like?
It's funny you bring up Desp, because, once again, I think this is a good direction to go. He didn't seem to have the same misgivings about Venrob as we did. Umbrage didn't either. Good vote.
ABR 185 wrote:Town:
Redcoyote
Umbrage
Albert B. Rampage
Acidic_TACO

Null:
anorway
Formerfish

Scum:
Desperado
Shockwave Rider
Dont_Vote_Me
TvK
So-so list. I guess we have more disagreements than I thought. anorway still needs to be in the scum section. SR seems kind of town to me. TvK I really liked for town until Venrob flipped town, but I still think his heart was in the right place. For me, potential scum candidates are anorway, Desp and DVM. Maybe Umbrage and Former.

---
Umbrage 187 wrote:DAT WAGON DISTANCE
I disagree strongly. I didn't care for SR's Formerfish vote, but it was reasonable. I don't even see what makes that juxtaposition of quotes you have here scummy. I see this as a player that saw a decent wagon on Venrob and pursued it. He then started reading him as town and was adamant about it. I have no problem with this.

---
AT 188 wrote:Makes no sense to me in hindsight as Venrob was town, Venrob was nervous and under pressure.
I disagree. It's weird to even phrase it like this... like, you're saying this was a good argument if Venrob was scum, but it's a bad argument now that Venrob has flipped town. I don't know. I mean, I get what you are saying, but I just hate the way this is phrased.

---
Desp 189 wrote:"Makes no sense in hindsight?" "Seems counterintuitive now?" You've got to be fucking kidding me. This isn't a case, it's retarded fluff to distract from the fact that he's just sheeping Albert.
I agree with what you are saying here. I don't think that necessarily means AT is scum though. AT's contributions in that specific post are incredibly weak sounding. I may be bias though because I agreed with your overexplanation argument.
Desp 189 wrote:This is pretty fucking rich coming from the guy who said "Forget about a replacement, I'm hammering now."
This is a good point. Hmmm...

You're saying good things; why do I still get scummy vibes off of you, Desp? Is it just the Venrob thing? I don't know. I can't make up my mind on you, but I won't be joining ABR right now in voting you.

VOTE: anorway

I still don't like the way he carried anorway carried himself yesterday. He was very unsure of himself. I just now realized that the reason anorway acted so shaky is that he may have been thinking that Venrob was the scumteam's unrecruited traitor.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:17 am

Post by RedCoyote »

No, I take it back, Desp isn't scummy. I want that on the record. I'm comfortable with him as a townread. Same with ABR. In fact, let me just make a scumscale here.

[
Town
]-----ABR-----TvK--Desp-SR--[
]AT--Former-Umbrage---DVM----anorway-----[
Scum
]
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum