Mini 1531 ~ Mafia Pinnipedum (Game Over!)

Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by Selkies »

Damn it.

There went my gut.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by Magua »

@penguin:
Vig shots have to be considered as pseudo-lynches in terms of balance. (Tangent: You could subscribe to the Llamafluff theory that vig shots are worse for town than no shot at all, but I don't.) The kill flavor was more or less just to see what Nacho would say; the big thing is that I cannot see how 3-daytalking-masons-who-can-nightpost-plus-a-vigilante is balanced. I mean, Friends and Enemies and Enemies is a 8 (3 mason) town vs 2 mafia vs 2 werewolf setup.

It boggles my mind that the Vi and Tierce would look at that and say to themselves, "Let's add another town, and make him a vig. Oh yeah, and let the masons nightpost."

Of the four, kanye is my leading contender for lynching, but a lot of that is predicated on what LLD (or kanye) says about their Neighborhood conversation, which is why her having a hissy fit instead of giving a three line summary of what happened is so annoying. But even kanye is just for role reasons (Neighborizer seems like a good complement to masons being able to nightpost) because most of what he's posted hasn't been stances on anything (eg his statements on me aren't "Magz is town" or "Magz is scum" its "Vi and Tierce give fakeclaims", things like that)
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by The Purple Plague »

Us not submitting a kill means that we eat our own tail and suicide, so that seems to be an option if there are REALLY SK doubts on me, although there really shouldn't be.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:28 pm

In post 1324, Selkies wrote:I wish you had because at this rate I'm probably going to be the LYLO mislynch.
Since when were you ever worried about being a LyLo mislynch with Cabd and I around?
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:31 pm

In post 1293, Magua wrote:Hey.

Cabd.

Hey.

I'm glad you're a mason, because your posting inthread is fuck-all.

So yay.

But the same fucking thing I said to penguin_alien applies to you. I'm town. You may not want to believe it, but I am. So any fucking bullshit you have with "Selkies and Magz are obv bff partners" is some bullshit.

Stop it! Bad hydra! No biscuit!

I know y'all are in yer mason QT high-fiving eachother, and I only regret that I will only be able to enjoy the schadenfreude of reading your posting after my flip after the game is over, but I'll bet $20 that after my flip y'all still say in that QT, "Welp, we were wrong on Magz, but Selkies' still scum" because that's how this shit fucking goes.

Spoiler: Also to Cabd
Secondly, you had fuckall reason to claim. That was dumb. Fucking daytalk with penguin and he could've just breadcrumbed something complex and you could've pointed it out tomorrow.

Damn, man, you're supposed to be better than this.
Is there a reason you keep posting stuff like this, because it really makes my scumdar pick up
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Selkies »

i have a flight today and a competition next few days, might not be around much.

PA where are your current thoughts for the day

Nacho im hurt :(
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 1328, The Purple Plague wrote:
In post 1324, Selkies wrote:I wish you had because at this rate I'm probably going to be the LYLO mislynch.
Since when were you ever worried about being a LyLo mislynch with Cabd and I around?
p sure Cabd is scumreading me unless he and PA are in serious disagreement.

I've been churning the possibility that you're SK until I looked at that post after I posted it. My gut concluded before I did.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by Selkies »

both of whom, are, i must add, misreading our slot
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:36 pm

In post 1331, Selkies wrote:

I've been churning the possibility that you're SK until I looked at that post after I posted it. My gut concluded before I did.
I scumread you in Pick and Ban but you had a pretty strong confidence in me townreading you eventually there. Why is it completely missing here?
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:36 pm

In post 1332, Selkies wrote:
both of whom, are, i must add, misreading our slot
Stay out of this, please.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 1333, The Purple Plague wrote:

I scumread you in Pick and Ban but you had a pretty strong confidence in me townreading you eventually there. Why is it completely missing here?
Not confidence, trust. Trust that you were town and that you'd put the effort in.

I haven't really had that trust this game. I think I'm finding it.

I have to go get my car from the repair shop. I should be back pretty soon.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:11 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 1329, The Purple Plague wrote:Is there a reason you keep posting stuff like this, because it really makes my scumdar pick up
I believe if you read the words that are in the post you quoted, you will see my explanation for why I posted it; that being to convey to Cabd how I felt about his reasoning for scumreading/townreading people based on my alignment.

I *keep* posting it because the masons keep doing it. Every time they do it, I'll post some version of it.

I mean, I would've sworn that this was all pretty evident *from the post itself*, but apparently we've got to let standards go now.

---

If what you meant to say was "This is scummy to me," I recommend you say that next time instead of a leading question.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:15 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

okay so heres where im @ w. lambda. she was more aggressive and less tunnelly than i would have expected from scum lambda. after i neighborized her, she called me dumb for neighborizing her then claimed bp unprovoked. after that it was mostly me trying to engage her and her mostly avoiding any real comment beyond that she was still not ready to participate in the game. i did not take this as a scumtell however, because i was expecting scum lambda try and manipulate me, but there was a complete lack of trying to influence my opinion in any way whatsoever. i have no doubt that scum lambda is confident in her ability to manipulate my reads. even upon returning and posting today she has mostly not had much to say in the qt.

i will say that im somewhat disconcerted that she claimed her bp openly like this. this may simply be a clash of townstyles but in her position as town i would have left that information in the qt and attempted to soak a nk.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 1335, Selkies wrote:

Not confidence, trust. Trust that you were town and that you'd put the effort in.

Nothing to say?
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

vote purplague
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Couldn't access the site at work today, so that was a fun five pages of catch up.
In post 1200, The Purple Plague wrote:and DDD, I just made a nice post of my town-read on Kanye and my scum-read of you independent of nacho so.... why are you ignoring it?
Because unless I'm looking at the wrong post the kanye part consists of one line that in my view incorrectly summarizes his contributions to the game.
In post 1212, The Purple Plague wrote:The better place to vote is DDD who is 1) still not posting
Yeah, I got pulled away from the game for two days, I had four posts yesterday. I mean there's a point where your pushing for my lynch just descends into outright falsehoods and we've hit that a while ago.
In post 1215, Magua wrote:- I ask DDD what he thinks of me, no response
You, I have no idea about you. I had a town read on Garmr after wagoning him and badgering him on day one, if that had changed I'd probably be voting for you. qed.
In post 1222, Selkies wrote:Yeah. iirc he was pretty absent on day 2, but he pushed his Andrius read when he was around.
That's because in that game I had what I thought was a good read and so I pushed it; note how on day one I thought I had good reads on Garmr and PA and so I was the one who kick started both those wagons. Today, no reads I trust so I'm not going to irrationally pretend like I have them.
In post 1299, Magua wrote:But in the meantime: @Nacho: Why is your kill flavor "Devoured"?
Hello, massive red flag.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:00 pm

we are talking.

and yes, magua, I think the manner of which you address the claim scum (and how they differ in how you address everyone else, as well as how you avoid talking about the two obvscums) is pretty much a sounds of alarm.

we are pretty certain that Nati and DDD are scum at this point, though the third member is up for debate. He has LLD/selkies, I have Selkies/Magua and I think that the compulsive tack on our role makes the anti-townness of it that much more potent, so I don't really see how it isn't balanced with day-talk, night posting masons and a (day-talking?) Neighborizer.
In post 1275, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Nah, you don't get a shot. Town!Nacho would know that I would never fucking claim 1 shot BP as scum. Not if you held a gun to my head and threatened me to,
He actually doesn't, but this is assumption is pretty townish.
In post 1340, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Couldn't access the site at work today, so that was a fun five pages of catch up.
In post 1200, The Purple Plague wrote:and DDD, I just made a nice post of my town-read on Kanye and my scum-read of you independent of nacho so.... why are you ignoring it?
Because unless I'm looking at the wrong post the kanye part consists of one line that in my view incorrectly summarizes his contributions to the game.
How so?
In post 1212, The Purple Plague wrote:The better place to vote is DDD who is 1) still not posting
Yeah, I got pulled away from the game for two days, I had four posts yesterday. I mean there's a point where your pushing for my lynch just descends into outright falsehoods and we've hit that a while ago.
Because Quantity=Quality.

In post 1299, Magua wrote:But in the meantime: @Nacho: Why is your kill flavor "Devoured"?
Hello, massive red flag.
because we are an animal, what else does an animal do?

we don't have hands that we can use to kill, or "detain" anyone with. Seals are carnivorous creatures, ya know. it isn't our fault we have a voracious appetite

But, honestly you havn't done shit and either way, if I can get nacho to do what I want, we aren't gonna live through tonight, anyway. I want at least one scum-casualty going into tomorrow
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:03 pm

In post 1339, kanyeknowsbest wrote:
vote purplague
I am a compulsive vig.
Who offers to kill themselves on evens.
Why the fuck are you voting me?
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:06 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

what
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:06 pm

In post 1338, Selkies wrote:
In post 1335, Selkies wrote:

Nothing to say?
Not really, no. I was a little offended that you didn't trust I'd put the effort in because I've always put the effort in, especially with you. But that's not something that's particularly game relevant and so didn't bring it up. What do you think of the gamestate?
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:07 pm

Why are you voting me? You should be mad as hell with me about how much horseshit is flying around this game but instead you are partaking in it.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

sorry but im not seeing a scenario where you are town?
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:10 pm

Do you think I am scum in a three man team with a kill?
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

multiball is too much of a possibility and we dont have enough town left for leashing an sk (plus i wouldnt ever want to give sknacho that kind of wiggle room)
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:12 pm

If not, I am either a) scum in a multiball scenario with the worst claim in the entire world, or b) SK. In either scenario, giving me a night doesn't mean shit considering the only reason we are currently under this much pressure in the first place is because of our claim.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”