Mini 1531 ~ Mafia Pinnipedum (Game Over!)

The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:17 pm

Post by The Purple Plague »

if DDD gets lynched, I say Nati I think.

I don't really like Magua's push on Syr, nor do I really like how he's reacted to penguin scumreading him, it feels a little bit funky

and we both kinda have a town-read on Bo.

as for why, I think him being lost, while trying to actually contribute isn't very likely to come from scum, especially in the way he's replaced out in the way he did. IMO, it reeks of feeling like he can't really contribute as much as he wants regardless of how hard he tries, so instead of being a useless sack of nothingness, he replaces out and gets someone who is more likely to get a handle of what's going on better, get a chance of doing so.

he doesn't just lurk and let himself get forced replaced, which is in contrast to how Rank replaced out in the game where we were all scum-buds. (rank didn't really try in thread, at all while here, bo did and rank was AWOL from discussion as well)

and DDD, I just made a nice post of my town-read on Kanye and my scum-read of you independent of nacho so.... why are you ignoring it?
Sixty
Sixty
Goon
Sixty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:04 am

Post by Sixty »

~Vote Count XXXVIII

:right:
Magua (L-3)
~ walked into a club, Natirasha, Syryana
Syryana (L-4)
~ kanyeknowsbest, Magua
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-4)
~ The Purple Plague, Selkies

Not Voting:
Debonair Danny DiPietro, Lady Lambdadelta, penguin_alien

--With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Battery power:
arfa
R
farf
|
arfa
R
farf
|
arf
(23%)
walr~ooooooooooo~f.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:15 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1173, The Purple Plague wrote:Penguin, is F the right answer if I tag on an "as scum" option to the end of that question?
Pretty much.

Also, having looked at the Puppies game from Sixty, it didn't look like their fakeclaims were super-specific. I could see Garmr getting something that hinted at dancing in a club, googling, and coming up with Club Seal instead of the intended Sealsa Club or something. He wasn't exactly presenting as hyper-rational by the end there.

TPP, what did Garmr do that was town? Aside from the 'trust tell'-claim flub? Also, I've been talking about consulting with what's left of my masonry all day long. Assuming we weren't using coded signals in-thread, there are limited alternative avenues aside from daytalk by which that could be taking place.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:30 am

The fakeclaims were formatted exactly like the real role PMs; they didn't seem too specific because the flavor was random inanimate objects, but they were formatted exactly like the real role PMs were.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:35 am

Replacing out as scum for cred is fine and awesome, but claiming at L-4 before you go railroads that scumslot into a nonPR claim (while his slot was under pressure already), which is massive dickery to whoever replaces in the slot. As town, claiming earlier is not so big of a deal because its not like your replacement is going to claim anything different. Still stupid, but not as damaging.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:42 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Do you think Garmr wasn't indulging in massive dickery, as you put it, anyways?
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:51 am

In post 1205, penguin_alien wrote:Do you think Garmr wasn't indulging in massive dickery, as you put it, anyways?
Why would he?
What was his thought process as scum in doing so?

Because as town the claim looks like a middle finger to you before he goes.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:53 am

Post by Magua »

@Selkies:
For fuck's sake, stop and then adding one line. Especially when the post you're quoting has nothing to do with the line you're adding. tia.

Selkies wrote:talk to me about your reaction to PA's readslist though. did you think that was a real list? as well as your reaction to magua's vote on syry--is that diminishing your read on mag or what
I have a weakness for voting people who post "" and then go on being fucking useless.

It's a curse.

Spoiler: For penguin_alien, a very special episode
penguin_alien wrote:Bonus round: which of these is the sad, sad outcast:

{Sphinxeal, Sealrius, Sealturn, Seal of Approval, Club Seal}
So, let me guess, Garmr had already claimed. Yep, he had.

Wow, so. All this "Magz you should claim" bit was to see if I would claim something other than what Garmr had claimed?

Holy fucking shit, that's stupid. If I'm scum, I'm going to check that shit before claiming *anyways* because I'm not a moron. If I'm scum with *daytalk*, even if I didn't check it beforehand because I've been struck with moronosity, I'm going to be alerted by my partners what's going on.

I utterly have no idea how you would ever have expected that plan to work to catch me-if-I-were-scum.

But now that's compounded by "Well I think it's the rolename is fake."

Holy fucking shit!

What the fuck is this, two thousand fucking seven?

On this site, outside of bullshit marathon games, I have literally never been in a game that had named roles where the scum were not provided safeclaims (and as scum, always shared them).

And this is a Vi game -- Vi, who wrote the "How to mod games" wiki article were one of the huge, underlined bullet points is "Give your fucking scum fucking fakeclaims."

Jesus H. Christ.

It's like this.

If you want to say "Oh shit Garmr claimed at L-4 before replacing out" or whatever, well, you're wrong, but I can at least see your logic here.

But this bullshit with the claims and my rolename is just completely fucking unreal. Like, you're too wowed by your own genius to realize that the whole setup is complete shit that would only work if a) I was actually scum, and b) I was a moron. And I really don't take it well when I'm shown that people think I'm a moron.

I'd prefer if the confirmed town could stop being so bad. Go back to calling me scum for Garmr doing scummy things; don't ruin it with bullshit like this.

Natirasha continues to post nothing of content.
Debonair Danny DiPietro continues to post nothing of content.
kanyeknowsbest continues to post nothing of content.
walked into a bar continues to post nothing of content.
Syryana continues to post nothing of content.
Lady Lambdadelta continues to post nothing of content.

Natirasha, DDD, kkb, and walked into a bar all seem to be specifically trying to do this thing.

This game.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:57 am

Hey magus do you remember that game where Syr did that thing you're voting him for and then we lynched him and he flipped town?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:07 am

Post by Magua »

Yep.

Well, I remember that game where I called him scum for doing that thing I'm voting him for and then had festivities with the family and came back and y'all had lynched him and he flipped town.

But yes.

I simply have no better place for my vote yet because there's too many people not posting, so putting it on the person who says "I'm useless vote me" fulfills my sense of basic justice while still doing something.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:09 am

In post 413, Garmr wrote:@Selkies
Garmr as in the mythological Hell Hound.
#267 anger and frustration seemed pretty genuine and it's not something I would expect scum to get angry about so early (I mean sure scum go "I'm mad as hell that no one is doing good things" but usually they wait until page 10), and his push on LLD for empty posting carried decent conviction/reaction to her after she townread him was good.

Reads list seemed genuine. There are not a whole lot of arousing specifics, but things like "But I don't like how she tried to push me out of the conversation" in the LLD read, teasing townread on Kaze, and sympathetic "I know why you're having trouble getting into the game, but step it up" read on Nati. They are points that show a level of thinking beyond "here is a mislynch, here is a buddy, here is unlynchable town".

Garmr getting offended as hell after Smudge called his posts tripe seemed genuine to me; the reaction spanned over three posts and was knee jerk, immediate and rubbed me the right way: there was a very poignant "fuck you, those posts weren't tripe" vibe from that bit.

His pleading to Plum about having a double vote being day ending and hoping that was just a sign she wanted him dead seemed very genuine.

"It must have killed Kaze to type that slight town read on me" was pretty fucking town, as was his comment to you about his scumgame.

There are plenty of genuine points in his play that outweigh most other things; I acknowledge the force aggressive scumhunting isn't present in spades (although a spade of it is with his DDD exchange which is great because DDD is scum), but otherwise I don't really have any issues with his play.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:10 am

Post by Magua »

I mean, there's a bit over two hundred posts since I replaced in. If you remove Selkies and penguin's posts, I don't think there'd be more than 50 left. And so many of those posts are "Why do people think kkb is town?" "Guys I read Twilight" "Oh shit, Twilight's a terrible book" "Hey Magz let me ignore everything else to ask you about your joke" "Guys I'll post later" etc.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:10 am

In post 1209, Magua wrote:Yep.

Well, I remember that game where I called him scum for doing that thing I'm voting him for and then had festivities with the family and came back and y'all had lynched him and he flipped town.

But yes.

I simply have no better place for my vote yet because there's too many people not posting, so putting it on the person who says "I'm useless vote me" fulfills my sense of basic justice while still doing something.
The better place to vote is DDD who is 1) still not posting, and 2) said that he wasn't currently voting becaus everyone has townreads on his scumreads and won't listen to him anyways, which is at least as voteable as "I'm useless vote me".
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:14 am

Post by Magua »

I was hoping to get some reaction from my Syr vote for calling him out, but lolnope just won't post.

The problem is that when over half the game is in my no content pile, any vote I make is more of a protest than anything else. I don't actually *want* to lynch anyone until some reads are given.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:16 am

Well until that battery ticks down to 9% or whatever hold that DDD vote in a special place in your heart.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:17 am

Post by Magua »

Eg, sadface that:

- I vote Syr to see what he sees, no response
- I ask DDD what he thinks of me, no response
- I call walked out for commenting on nothing except the joke, no response
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:19 am

Sad face that:

-Ffery leaves me to deal with orcinus
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:33 am

Post by Magua »

EBWOP: "see what he says" not "see what he sees"

Meh. Selkies is providing content. I'm not giving too much thought to them right now.

For DDD, I'd vote him near deadline, but I'd rather people fucking posted first.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:36 am

Post by Selkies »

In post 1216, The Purple Plague wrote:Sad face that:

-Ffery leaves me to deal with orcinus
I said hi yesterday because I thought you were looking for me. :/

orcinus wanted/needed to get grounded in the game and form his own opinions, so I took a step back aside from that exchange with PA over her readslist.

I'm not as gung-ho about DDD as orcinus is, but his substantive involvement has gotten kinda meh. I was thinking about
that game
and how scum-me thought DDD was scary as fuck. It's hard to imagine a scum team in this game that would feel that way about him.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:40 am

Post by Magua »

Which game is
that game
?
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:41 am

I don't remember DDD being particularly afraid to vote Andrius who most people thought were town; at the very least, "who can I get lynched" didn't really come into his consideration to the point it is here. I can't imagine that DDD going "aww man we can't get anyone lynched, imma no vote" like he seems to be doing here.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:43 am

Post by Selkies »

In post 1219, Magua wrote:Which game is
that game
?
Xenologue
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:46 am

Post by Selkies »

In post 1220, The Purple Plague wrote:I don't remember DDD being particularly afraid to vote Andrius who most people thought were town; at the very least, "who can I get lynched" didn't really come into his consideration to the point it is here. I can't imagine that DDD going "aww man we can't get anyone lynched, imma no vote" like he seems to be doing here.
Yeah. iirc he was pretty absent on day 2, but he pushed his Andrius read when he was around.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:46 am

As in at this moment I can't even come close to what he's thinking as town; as scum, I could see a "oh look at me not going for low hanging fruit" angle, but as town? Nothing.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:09 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Hmmmmm... I still keep my Day 1 read that Garmr/Magua is town. I think Nacho is town, especially with the cognitive dissonance his hydra is showing. Kanye looks really town to me, and obviously I'm town.

Looking at the day one wagon, I think I've found my vote for the moment:
Vote: Walked into a Club
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”