BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:09 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 741, pieguyn wrote:can't win so you're dropping it? come on, I'm your "main focus now" so what are you going to do, ignore all your fake scumreads on the basis they're too dense so you don't have to do anything controversial that'll reveal your alignment? plz no
No, limit my interactions with you so that I don't make this game all about me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:11 am

Post by pieguyn »

inb4 I was right on my scumteam guess and that's why F-16 rep- ok I'll stop now \:D/
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:14 am

Post by pieguyn »

@mastin:
wat happened
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:56 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 754, pieguyn wrote:
@mastin:
wat happened
Basically, F-16 got force-replaced for reasons he'll explain after the game's over.

No real point in me playing on Mafia Theory, anymore. I was offered the chance to drop out, but nah, I'm sticking to this game.

Do bear with me for a bit, though--I'm still recovering from what happened to me yesterday.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:59 am

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 755, mastin2 wrote:Basically, F-16 got force-replaced for reasons he'll explain after the game's over.

No real point in me playing on Mafia Theory, anymore. I was offered the chance to drop out, but nah, I'm sticking to this game.

Do bear with me for a bit, though--I'm still recovering from what happened to me yesterday.
Are you okay?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 756, Kazekirimaru wrote:Are you okay?
Physically, yes.
Mentally, no.

You'd be pretty shaken up too yourself if you had just gotten through a car accident at highway speeds.

But don't worry. I have the day I'll need to recover and then some to get caught up this game. Games I've been in longer are actually worse off than games I've got a mostly blank slate for, since in the games I've been in, I have my rhythm disrupted, whereas in newer games, I'm just getting my rhythm anyway. Meaning for the next little while, my performance here is probably going to be better than almost anywhere else. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 757, mastin2 wrote:You'd be pretty shaken up too yourself if you had just gotten through a car accident at highway speeds.
:/ get better soon.

I'm willing to engage you about my scum read on you. If you're scum trying to weasel out, I'll still catch you :P
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 736, zMuffinMan wrote:
tammy wrote:Muffin doesn't know anything
wow

i mean... i don't think all that highly of my intelligence but when you come right out and say it like that, my feelings are going to be hurt

i'm going to cry in a corner for a while
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 743, pitoli wrote:
F-16 is being replaced out of this game. Mastin can remain playing the slot solo.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2014-01-16 00:00:00)
:( we signed up to play together.

Also, I'm putting pieguyn on ignore.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 757, mastin2 wrote:
In post 756, Kazekirimaru wrote:Are you okay?
Physically, yes.
Mentally, no.

You'd be pretty shaken up too yourself if you had just gotten through a car accident at highway speeds.

But don't worry. I have the day I'll need to recover and then some to get caught up this game. Games I've been in longer are actually worse off than games I've got a mostly blank slate for, since in the games I've been in, I have my rhythm disrupted, whereas in newer games, I'm just getting my rhythm anyway. Meaning for the next little while, my performance here is probably going to be better than almost anywhere else. :P
Glad you're okay!

(I still think you're probably scum)
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:24 pm

Post by pitoli »

Kthxbye replaces mykonian's slot. Deadline has been extended by 2 days.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2014-01-18 00:00:00)
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:22 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 762, pitoli wrote:
Kthxbye replaces mykonian's slot. Deadline has been extended by 2 days.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2014-01-18 00:00:00)
Oh, sure,
now
you extend it......
:P
In post 758, BROseidon wrote:If you're scum trying to weasel out, I'll still catch you :P
Can you catch town trying to weasel out? 'Cause I am totally trying to do that. :P
In post 697, Kazekirimaru wrote:Vote your scumbro for me?
That'd require me to actually have him as a scumread. I haven't done enough research to tell, yet. I am listening, and I liked pie's posting, but I haven't actually done my homework to see if it's accurate.

Also, going back to before the incident...
In post 709, Tammy wrote:The game makes more sense if you're scum.
Maybe it does make more sense, but that doesn't change that it isn't true. :P You're gonna need to figure how how to make sense of the game after I don't flip scum, so might as well start now. Fuck what makes the most sense; picture-perfect scumteams don't exist. Who's scum when I'm revealed town, Tammy?
In post 719, zMuffinMan wrote:mastin, are you scum?
Nah. If I was, honestly, I'd probably have taken pitoli/F-16's offer to drop out of the game and have someone else replace in. I'm not invested in the game, and being the lead wagon, that's a problem as scum; my apathy would get me lynched. Speaking of which, I'd probably actually be fighting the wagon on me as scum; I tend to get overly-defensive when wagoned as scum. Basically, as scum, my lynch if not planned ahead of time is devastating to my scumteam. As town, my lynch is a rarity, so it's always bad, and I'll be doing plenty of ranting, but ultimately, not be fighting as hard because it's D1 and I enjoy ranting from dead QTs. :P
In post 732, Kazekirimaru wrote:For those of you playing along at home, I'd like to explain why I believe the Mastin/F-16 hydra to be probscum. It's mainly based around one simple, but very relevant tell:
In post 395, mastin2 wrote:Yes. I am that. damn. good. :P
Scum-Mastin is quite arrogant. (Above quote from Les Mis for example :P) If I recall correctly it's a means of swaying town into believing he believes what he says, but regardless, it's being exhibited here.
Uh, no, it isn't? Like. This is as humble as I get without going all emo on you. :P
Especially when asked why F-16 asked for help. "hai guys I'm here to save this slot and probably be awesome as tits and get nightkilled tonight for awesomeness" is some pretty bold stuff.
That was about F-16. It's not me who was going to turn him from mislynch to nightkill. It was my presence. Basically, those were his thoughts put into my words, actually. He thinks that my presence makes him a better player. Just me being present. Not even me playing the game. That's not arrogance; that's his belief and why he asked me to come into the game.
It sounds to me like Mastin is attempting to drill into our minds something akin to "I'm an asset, and if you touch me you're an idiot."
Well, yeah. :P Basically every time I get mislynched, the town loses that game. Heck, even most times I get nightkilled, the town immediately suffers. I'm not saying I'm a scumhunting god. I'm not. Not by a longshot. But I DO have an affect on people. My presence DOES help bring out better aspects of other players. It
does
make me an asset. So touching me IS idiotic. :P I'm not the guy who wins the game. (If I was, I'd have scummy noms. I do not. Not in that category, anyway.) I'm the guy who helps the person that does win the game, get up to the level where they can win the game. Which is basically what I'm trying to do now, via communicating with the players that I am.

You
see
me saying I'm town, but the point of my posts is not to say that. It might be being said, sure, yeah. A lot more than I'd prefer, yeah. But if you can't see what the posts are actually trying to accomplish, then I don't know what to say.
In post 737, zMuffinMan wrote:i have trouble believing f16 asked you to replace in to mentor him, and you came in ignoring all his reads, forming reads not even similar to his, controlling the vote, not consulting with him at all, etc etc as town
I did most of my posting logged into a desktop I was borrowing, on a break--was short on time. So, yes. I came in, not knowing what his reads were (he never told me, so I don't know--he told me that we were the lead wagon, and that's it. Okay, so there was some later stuff, but mostly? I don't know anything about his reads because he DIDN'T tell me), formed some reads on my own, saw we weren't voting, figured I'd lay one down, and was soloing. My mentoring approach largely relies on me having a grasp on the game, and giving extremely hands-on advice. Basically, in order to effectively teach him, I'd have to be an actual player. And though I can't bring any recent examples up (I don't think this style of teaching-hydra has any completed games), if you bothered researching Mastin hydras, you'd not find a single one where I-as-a-mentor-figure put much effort into synching up with my partner immediately. Quite the opposite. You'd find that I come in, guns a blazing, basically only with the bare necessities, and then, only then, after having that baseline, consulting with my partner. That happened. The only difference was, instead of me having troubles keeping up and becoming a non-entity in the hydra for the most part (I owe a loooooooot of people apologies for that), F-16 was the one leaving me, before we really had a chance to talk on anything at length.
i dunno what you're hoping to achieve with the plum vote here. i don't think plum is town, but i don't really see plum getting lynched today
Well, if she's not town, then you have your answer. :P

I'm not keen on getting mislynched, Pasch looks town to me, and I'm not scumreading BRO. (Not townreading him either, but not scumreading him.) If all three wagons suck, I need a new one on actual scum. Thus, Plum. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:37 am

Post by Kagami »

See all those smileys, kaze? Practically a scum-claim.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:54 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Sup folks. So who's scum and why? Who's obv town and why?

Will be caught up by tomorrow at the latest (prolly tonight but no promises).
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:10 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

tired and don't feel like reading stuff here

just going to assume nothing important has happened and i'm still awesome

there are too many smilies on this page
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:22 am

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 764, Kagami wrote:See all those smileys, kaze? Practically a scum-claim.
Hahahaha. Ha. >.>

(It's not, though.)

I'm actually pretty satisfied with Mastin's response. My case was crummy with the intent of provocation. Works out! Though I do dislike most of his reads.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:05 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 767, Kazekirimaru wrote:
In post 764, Kagami wrote:See all those smileys, kaze? Practically a scum-claim.
Hahahaha. Ha. >.>

(It's not, though.)

I'm actually pretty satisfied with Mastin's response. My case was crummy with the intent of provocation. Works out! Though I do dislike most of his reads.
Was joking, of course.
In post 763, mastin2 wrote:...
In post 737, zMuffinMan wrote:i have trouble believing f16 asked you to replace in to mentor him, and you came in ignoring all his reads, forming reads not even similar to his, controlling the vote, not consulting with him at all, etc etc as town
I did most of my posting logged into a desktop I was borrowing, on a break--was short on time. So, yes. I came in, not knowing what his reads were (he never told me, so I don't know--he told me that we were the lead wagon, and that's it. Okay, so there was some later stuff, but mostly? I don't know anything about his reads because he DIDN'T tell me)
Regardless of your play-style as hydra, this strikes me as incredibly odd. He really said, "hey, come help me out; I'm in trouble" without anything like "I'm totes sure that blah and blah are scum?" He said he needed you because he needed your persuasive abilities, and you're saying he wanted those abilities solely to avoid a lynch rather than to push his scumreads? This is way more consistent with scum-slot than town-slot.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:16 am

Post by Paschendale »

The wagon on F-16 and then Mastin just looks weaker and weaker as it goes. I think a lot of it really came from F-16's frenzied tone and his lack of focus. But now we're discussing arrogance and smilies? Really? And there's far too much reliance on meta arguments. People do not always play a certain way as scum and a certain way as town.

In terms of actual cases based on what people are saying in this game... Bro and Muffin are making the most sense right now. As is Tammy (though she's certainly wrong about me).
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:32 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 769, Paschendale wrote:The wagon on F-16 and then Mastin just looks weaker and weaker as it goes. I think a lot of it really came from F-16's frenzied tone and his lack of focus. But now we're discussing arrogance and smilies? Really? And there's far too much reliance on meta arguments. People do not always play a certain way as scum and a certain way as town.

In terms of actual cases based on what people are saying in this game... Bro and Muffin are making the most sense right now. As is Tammy (though she's certainly wrong about me).
It was just pointed out that both the "arrogance" and "smilies" points were not serious.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:44 am

Post by Bert »

This is Bert's project for tonight.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by Paschendale »

In post 770, Kagami wrote:It was just pointed out that both the "arrogance" and "smilies" points were not serious.
Or you meant them seriously and are recanting. Or were purposefully trying to push people towards a mislynch despite not believing in your argument.

But if those were just lies, why not tell us what you actually think.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by Plum »

can we lynch Pache now? Please?
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:27 pm

Post by Kagami »

In post 772, Paschendale wrote:
In post 770, Kagami wrote:It was just pointed out that both the "arrogance" and "smilies" points were not serious.
Or you meant them seriously and are recanting. Or were purposefully trying to push people towards a mislynch despite not believing in your argument.

But if those were just lies, why not tell us what you actually think.

-________-

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”