NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5025 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 5017, Generic wrote:
In post 5008, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Generic, you still haven't danced with me like you promised you would.
You have me for an hour, I thought I had mentioned a few things but have not been back for the responses.

Why have you not done your usual nacho? You piss all over theories, tunnel people you think are scum, and more often than not pull a result.

Remember WE THE PURPLE? tammy fucked up her read on me just for a change, you decide to intervene when you suddenly pulled your head out your arse and saw I was very much town and FUCKING RIGHT on who was scum, and we won.

Here? You are more like newbie 1391. Hiding and tapping away a people without much conviction.

Where's the heart? Cos if I have to I will personally rip it from your chest and feed it to you. Desperado was a bus then was he?
That's the second time you've invoked that newbie despite there being absolutely no similarities between the two games. In that game, I knew I was sunk when my scum partner was lynched, and I knew that there was only a tiny tiny way that's would be able to pull off the win because of "that dude is fucking crazy" factors. In this game, there are five seals on every page and my "usual" is to the right of every one.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5026 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:18 am

In post 5021, geists wrote:
In post 5002, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 4944, geists wrote:
In post 4942, Desperado wrote:ps why are you helping us mislynch casso then? surely you don't think muffinscum and despscum would be bussing nachothorscum right now
Hydra dissonance. Nati may be right, but I'm not feeling scum-nacho here. Not feeling town-nacho either. It's hard to explain but the proportional effort going to developing reads vs defending against the wagon just feels off.

I think Nacho usually has more of a "best defense is a good offense" approach when he's being run up.

That's really the main niggle I'm dealing with atm.
I feel completely buried at the moment, which is normally not something I have to deal with. Every time I make a post attacking, it's swept away, has no effect on the gamestate. I've been put on a serious defensive for reasons that I haven't come clost to understanding, and have been monitoring this game like I was monitoring Buzzword because it feels the moment I stop talking, I'm dead.
The reasons are mostly tinfoil hat.

Invoking that game causes very mixed feelings.

UNVOTE

VOTE: Desperado
I'm feeling very mixed things about the game right now, so I suppose it fits.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5027 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:21 am

Post by Generic »

In post 5007, Bert wrote:Hi Gen

Has Nacho impressed you on Wingate Purple levels today

Hi bert,

Im all over the place right now both with thought process, who is thinking they can have a shot next at me, and working out the best lynch without looking a dick.

Basically I want a strong scum chance or collateral damage if wrong. Casso I think is scum still but I will always be hesitant to see a player I know to work well with me in latter game stages be gone and leave me with my own chaos.

Prime example, WE THE PURPLE. Much like you in wingate bert (hence another reason I don't want you gone right now) nacho picked up that I was town and might actually be on to something. Notice how in both those games I had the scum found but as ever fucked up the case building, working on little bits I see and gut calls. And then you fought the case in wingate, in WE THE PURPLE Nachotammy made a fucking good case that ended Cabd's chances of getting me mislynched.

Right now desp who I have a lot of respect for has simply not been himself. People happily right that off as far too obvious but that's the emperors new clothes as far as im concerned.

Then theres this shit about writing it off as a grammar fuckuo, when at the very least pressure being applied is a good thing to put him on the spot and see how he reacts. Give a player the benefit of the doubt or even time to make excuses and it wont be genuine but it will be wifom. But if they are genuine it will show. Look at DOMO. we went to the edge me and him and he is the towniest fucker in this for me right now.

I will dance with you all if I have to but while im in this mood im making the waves.

I watched a tv show called the IT crowd earlier. A character in it says one of the greatest lines ever. im going to borrow it now for this hour I am with you:

"I came to drink milk and kick ass... and ive just finished my milk"
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5028 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:21 am

Post by Empire »

Day 2, Votecount 32
Casso the King of Seals (6)
-
goodmorning, Norlkaz, BROseidon, zMuffinMan, Desperado, Bert

Desperado (5)
-
MC Maraca, Casso the King of Seals, Sakura Hana, Generic, geists

Ser Arthur Dayne (2)
-
pieguyn, Cephrir

Bert (2)
-
KoreanBBQ, Ser Arthur Dayne

Cephrir (1)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Not Voting (2)
-
MafiaSSK, DOMO

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch! Deadline is on January 11th at 10:10 AM EST (expired on 2014-01-11 11:10:12)

Mod Notes
-
fferyllt head of geists is V/LA until the 8th. GuyInFreezer head of KoreanBBQ is V/LA until Friday.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5029 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:24 am

Post by Generic »

In post 5025, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 5008, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Generic, you still haven't danced with me like you promised you would.
You have me for an hour, I thought I had mentioned a few things but have not been back for the responses.

Why have you not done your usual nacho? You piss all over theories, tunnel people you think are scum, and more often than not pull a result.

Remember WE THE PURPLE? tammy fucked up her read on me just for a change, you decide to intervene when you suddenly pulled your head out your arse and saw I was very much town and FUCKING RIGHT on who was scum, and we won.

Here? You are more like newbie 1391. Hiding and tapping away a people without much conviction.

Where's the heart? Cos if I have to I will personally rip it from your chest and feed it to you. Desperado was a bus then was he?
That's the second time you've invoked that newbie despite there being absolutely no similarities between the two games. In that game, I knew I was sunk when my scum partner was lynched, and I knew that there was only a tiny tiny way that's would be able to pull off the win because of "that dude is fucking crazy" factors. In this game, there are five seals on every page and my "usual" is to the right of every one.
How about I point to your misguided early attack on me, your immediate back off when you realised I wasn't low hanging fruit and your attempt to bus your teammate? can I point to those, especially if someone like desperado flips scum?
Because you have pulled your punches this game, that's how it feels to me and im used to a nacho with almost as much front as me... who took your fucking bite, is it being paired with thor or are you just scum?

And if you are so embarrassed by that as the example, give me a fucking scum game of yours I can read and contrast.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5030 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:28 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 5029, Generic wrote:your attempt to bus your teammate?
I'm still waiting on someone... idk, maybe you. To point out why this is busing rather than TvS or TvT?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5031 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:31 am

Post by Generic »

In post 5030, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 5029, Generic wrote:your attempt to bus your teammate?
I'm still waiting on someone... idk, maybe you. To point out why this is busing rather than TvS or TvT?
Because that game has finished and he did try to bus his teammate, a tactic that bought him town cred.

Why question this now when it was proven?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5032 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:32 am

Post by pieguyn »

I read the "slip" as "we all benefit from her death on the assumption we're scum", so not really a slip

either way, I'm fine with this, although I still prefer SAD. but it's mostly bc of a tinfoil hat theory I'm working on so I'll join if need be
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5033 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:36 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 5031, Generic wrote:Why question this now when it was proven?
Because I've been technically absent from the game for most of D2?

The way he pushed people in Marketplace Mafia it's way different than here, if it's other game then idk what you're talking about.

On the one hand both Nacho and Thor are a very strong asset to town if they are town, so I can see scum going for this possibility to get them mislynched.

On the other hand if they're scum they'll live for a long while and eventually they'll leave traces.

If they want to bus their partners let them do it? We get a scum flip anyway.

If they are town then they'll also find scum coz both Thor and Nacho are pretty strong players.

I don't see any reason for them to be lynched today.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #5034 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:37 am

Post by Bert »

Sakura, Desperado is an asset to town if town too.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5035 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:38 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 5034, Bert wrote:Sakura, Desperado is an asset to town if town too.
I disagree.

Or at least i never seen him do anything useful here or in Oz.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5036 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:40 am

Post by Generic »

In post 5033, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 5031, Generic wrote:Why question this now when it was proven?
Because I've been technically absent from the game for most of D2?

The way he pushed people in Marketplace Mafia it's way different than here, if it's other game then idk what you're talking about.

On the one hand both Nacho and Thor are a very strong asset to town if they are town, so I can see scum going for this possibility to get them mislynched.

On the other hand if they're scum they'll live for a long while and eventually they'll leave traces.

If they want to bus their partners let them do it? We get a scum flip anyway.

If they are town then they'll also find scum coz both Thor and Nacho are pretty strong players.

I don't see any reason for them to be lynched today.

I don't understand how you, when im voting desperado because I think he could be scum, and I see casso pushing desp as a main scum suspect after a lot of suspicion on his shoulder and I also happen to suspect casso to be scum, would question why I think its bussing?

What exactly are you asking me? why cant one of them be town? theres a chance either or both are town, but why the fuck carry on playing if I don't suspect SOMEONE?

its a pointless thing to question, I don't trust either of them, so I consider one bussing the other and when asked why im using a specific scum game of nachos as a reason to suspect him that was part of the relevance.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5037 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:41 am

Post by Generic »

Bert...
why are you ignoring me?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5038 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:42 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Why don't you trust casso then? I've had a fairly strong townread on them that only faltered like once.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5039 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:42 am

Post by Bert »

Sorry, I'm keeping up. Generic what did you ask me?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5040 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Bert »

I liked your #5027 and am satisfied with it.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5041 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:44 am

Post by Generic »

In post 5038, Sakura Hana wrote:Why don't you trust casso then? I've had a fairly strong townread on them that only faltered like once.
Read my response to nacho. This isn't the nacho I expect, with a swagger and determination to see a scum read swing. And I couple that with the 'thor said it' get out clause to any inconsistency to be rather convenient, along with the timing of the SSK wagon against theirs.

But I still have doubts. I just find his lack of bite even when I exchange words with him a bit shitty.

Tell me why he is town
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5042 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:50 am

Post by Generic »

In post 5040, Bert wrote:I liked your #5027 and am satisfied with it.
Right well in that case, I want a town pal that isn't DOMO. No offence to him but his tonfoil hat is bigger than mine and its getting tiring trying to read his posts.

But I cant wingate this one up with you bert cos I don't trust you. Your actions have been off, they just haven't been off like desperado and nacho... but you are still in the ballpark with them there.

That's the main thing im hating about this game. Only person ive been able to see familiar ground from is mara and she has pissed off and left me alone in this. there are you bert, nacho, desperado, tammy, mara and to a lesser extent hana that I have a feel for in terms of approaches/mindsets/attitude towards games. Tammy isn't here, nacho, you and desp are acting weird and im left having to figure out players like pie and DOMO on my own.

But on the bright side bert I haven't randomly claimed my role, so im improving :D
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5043 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:52 am

Post by Bert »

In post 5042, Generic wrote:But I cant wingate this one up with you bert cos I don't trust you.
You didn't trust me in Wingate either until the bitter end. Same with Purple. Where was this undivided passion to work with other players when I played with you in Purple or Wingate?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5044 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:52 am

Post by Bert »

EBWOP: Bitter end as in post-game. Lol
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5045 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:08 am

In post 5029, Generic wrote:
In post 5025, Casso the King of Seals wrote:

How about I point to your misguided early attack on me, your immediate back off when you realised I wasn't low hanging fruit and your attempt to bus your teammate? can I point to those, especially if someone like desperado flips scum?
Because you have pulled your punches this game, that's how it feels to me and im used to a nacho with almost as much front as me... who took your fucking bite, is it being paired with thor or are you just scum?

And if you are so embarrassed by that as the example, give me a fucking scum game of yours I can read and contrast.
I don't even remember an early misguided attack on you in that newbie; I remember happily mislynching the towniest player in the game after town made me Mr. Mayor, but I don't remember the back off and bus.

I can't see where you're claiming I've pulled punches this game; maybe skipped a few steps and not been fully engaged in the last few days because I've been busy, but I'm currently in full force and dancing with everyone who's around. Are any of the main detractors actually attacking me?

Where is Muffin, who spent pages and pages yelling at how upset he was that I wasn't getting lynched in Xenogears? Last time I was his #1 scumread everyone knew about it, everyone was complaining about it.

Where the hell is Desperado? He usually thrives in atmospheres like this and I sure as hell can't see him apathy lynching me when he's worked together extremely closely with me in the past; every time one of us has had an incorrect read on the other it's been loud and it's been angry: do you really think town-Desperado would be happy to let me die without any sort of interaction with me at all even though he apparently has plenty of other scumreads he's completely content with?

BRO is sheeping DOMO and ignoring me completely despite having enough information to make a read of me on his own. I know he can see how frustrated I am with this lynch, I know he knows exactly how I feel at this moment because he's been going down angry, swinging, overwhelmed with the nothing cases on him but he's pretending he doesn't see any of it at all.

Norlkaz has been voting me for busywork even though he's seen me play the exact same way in a not so recent past. He complains about not having a town leader to guide the crowd, but he hasn't made anywhere near the effort I've seen him put in any other town game to figure out things here and properly vet lynches. I'm sure he will have excuses why he hasnt taken the lead, why he hasn't pushed anything through (noise, no one listening to me) but I've been down this road before and his predecessor hasnt given him enough towncred to coast for 8 more days.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5046 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:11 am

In post 5032, pieguyn wrote:I read the "slip" as "we all benefit from her death on the assumption we're scum", so not really a slip

either way, I'm fine with this, although I still prefer SAD. but it's mostly bc of a tinfoil hat theory I'm working on so I'll join if need be
Have you reread Desperado yet, or are you still clearing him town based on hazy feelings?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5047 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:15 am

Post by Bert »

Heh.

Nacho deserves a gold star for effort this game, that's for sure. Regardless of alignment or whether he dies or not.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5048 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:23 am

Eventually, the tide will win. Every post I make is a wave crashing against the beach of the scumteam; I guarantee there will be a hell of a whiplash against all the silence that's currently around me because no one is going to look at this lynch and go "meh, he deserved it".
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5049 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:26 am

Post by Generic »

In post 5043, Bert wrote:
In post 5042, Generic wrote:But I cant wingate this one up with you bert cos I don't trust you.
You didn't trust me in Wingate either until the bitter end. Same with Purple. Where was this undivided passion to work with other players when I played with you in Purple or Wingate?

its always there, I just also have ridiculous mistrust of everybody. Short of being cleared it takes a lot for me to trust someone. In we the purple nacho had to be an unkillable PR creator and I STILL wasn't trusting him fully

Mara I would trust in this because she has 'colo' telled for me. play another 6 or 7 games with me and I will be able to do the same for you. Right now though you merely suck. but the game is young and we are both still alive so lets see where we get this time.

I trusted you just before dying,,, so maybe that's why bert... you are a death wish ;)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”