Open 539: Stacks on Stacks (This is Game...Over.)

Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:09 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.04

[L-3] anorway - RedCoyote, Albert B. Rampage, Acidic_TACO, Desperado
[L-5] Venrob - Formerfish, Umbrage
[L-6] Acidic_TACO - TvK
[L-6] RedCoyote - Venrob
[L-6] Formerfish - Shockwave Rider

Not voting: cristovo017, anorway, The Silver Bard

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Saturday, January 18, 2014 at 6:00 PM CST ((expired on 2014-01-18 18:00:00)).

---

Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by Umbrage »

In post 122, Venrob wrote:No, its like saying "game just ended, red has new scum meta! He's matching it very well! lynch him!"

FTR i thought he was town in both games by analysis, but had a gut feeling he was scum... But the meta is a match. Anyone want to make a town case on Red? because that would be good if someone could show him as town.
meta read based off a single game and made after 7 posts

yup this seems legit
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

These posts make me think anorway is scum:
In post 65, anorway wrote:Aren't we going too fast with this one? We have barely 3 pages of information, half of which are RVS.
In post 98, anorway wrote:
In post 74, RedCoyote wrote: VOTE: anorway for . What prompted this? Also, if you really thought that the Venrob wagon was careless, why did you not vote someone that was on it?
I felt there was a real threat that someone would hammer, and we would be left with not really much information when Day 2 starts, regardless of how Venrob would have flipped.
I don't think anorway really believes that there was a credible threat of a quickhammer. It seems more like "a good opinion to generally have" to keep off the radar. Something very general, that no one would really question, and counts towards the post count if someone ISOs you.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:52 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Prod dodge. Work+baby+pissed fiancé=no time to explain myself adequately.

I'll be here tomorrow.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:02 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

In post 122, Venrob wrote:No, its like saying "game just ended, red has new scum meta! He's matching it very well! lynch him!"

FTR i thought he was town in both games by analysis, but had a gut feeling he was scum... But the meta is a match. Anyone want to make a town case on Red? because that would be good if someone could show him as town.
I'm sure I'm reading this wrong but you just said "No I'm not doing it because of my own personal convictions but my own personal convictions say that hes scum."
I really am not liking your posts, they just hurt my head and smell of scum. I'll read it over and over later to make sure I understand your meaning before I change my vote however.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:08 am

Post by Shockwave Rider »

Venrob if you don't give any specifics no one's going to buy your RC meta case.
In post 127, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I don't think anorway really believes that there was a credible threat of a quickhammer. It seems more like "a good opinion to generally have" to keep off the radar. Something very general, that no one would really question, and counts towards the post count if someone ISOs you.
Eh some players just have that kind of playstyle. I make posts about avoiding quicklynches a lot myself.
First we had the legs race. Then we had the arms race. Now we're going to have the brain race. And, if we're lucky, the final stage will be the human race.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:10 am

How do you expect the game to move forward if there are no bandwagons that create the danger of a lynch? That's what I don't understand with you people.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
TvK
TvK
Goon
TvK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:18 am

Post by TvK »

In post 129, Acidic_TACO wrote:

I'm sure I'm reading this wrong but you just said "No I'm not doing it because of my own personal convictions but my own personal convictions say that hes scum."
I really am not liking your posts, they just hurt my head and smell of scum.
I'll read it over and over later to make sure I understand your meaning before I change my vote however.
Albert, let's build a wagon on this. Taco has just bought himself a free ticket for the next time a wagon on Venrob starts off. "Look guys, I said x pages ago that I had to understand his meaning. I understand it now, he's scum."
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:23 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

In post 132, TvK wrote:

I'll read it over and over later to make sure I understand your meaning before I change my vote however.
Albert, let's build a wagon on this. Taco has just bought himself a free ticket for the next time a wagon on Venrob starts off. "Look guys, I said x pages ago that I had to understand his meaning. I understand it now, he's scum."
So me saying I want to make sure I'm not fucking it up by reading something wrong makes me scum? Dude I'm tired and don't want to vote at the first thing that smells like scum this early in the morning. Or if I'm reading that wrong then please excuse the fact that I'm a dumbass.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:37 am

Post by RedCoyote »

TvK, are you suggesting that Acidic is coaching Venrob?

ABR, I agree with you, but everything Venrob has been saying except for leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. As of right now, I think I want them both to eat rope.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:49 am

In post 134, RedCoyote wrote:TvK, are you suggesting that Acidic is coaching Venrob?

ABR, I agree with you, but everything Venrob has been saying except for leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. As of right now, I think I want them both to eat rope.
OMGUS?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:40 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 135, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 134, RedCoyote wrote:TvK, are you suggesting that Acidic is coaching Venrob?

OMGUS?
:neutral:

That's really what you've taken from my recent posts?
TvK
TvK
Goon
TvK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:07 am

Post by TvK »

In post 133, Acidic_TACO wrote:
In post 132, TvK wrote:

So me saying I want to make sure I'm not fucking it up by reading something wrong makes me scum? Dude I'm tired and don't want to vote at the first thing that smells like scum this early in the morning. Or if I'm reading that wrong then please excuse the fact that I'm a dumbass.
You say you are not liking Venrob's posts at all. They smell of scum. Yet you don't vote him and you leave your vote on someone else who happens to have the most votes on him. And that vote was justified by "seems scummy, just doesn't smell right"... That reasoning seems a lot less convincing than what you're trying to say about Venrob now.

@RC, no I am not suggesting that. I'm not too much looking at interactions yet, I just need to find a first scum before I start doing that.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:16 am

In post 116, RedCoyote wrote:I still don't understand your previous ABR vote either other than you just being stubborn. I'm really starting to have trouble seeing how you're approaching this game as town.
Is he stubborn, or is he scummy? Which is it?

Post 73 confirms Venrob as town in my mind. His persona has nothing to do with it, stubborn or not. Even if he was voting me, I wouldn't change my mind on him. I'm curious to why you would still lynch him after 73.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:11 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

In post 137, TvK wrote:
In post 132, TvK wrote:

You say you are not liking Venrob's posts at all. They smell of scum. Yet you don't vote him and you leave your vote on someone else who happens to have the most votes on him. And that vote was justified by "seems scummy, just doesn't smell right"... That reasoning seems a lot less convincing than what you're trying to say about Venrob now.

@RC, no I am not suggesting that. I'm not too much looking at interactions yet, I just need to find a first scum before I start doing that.
Theres no rush to lynch him, we have a few days to do so, chances are he's getting lynched anyway. The only real reason at this point I don't change my vote to him is a weakness of mine, with it seeming more and more thats hes scum I can see some glimmer of genuine frustration that I've had in the past where hes dug himself into a hole. Hes hiding something however so this genuine glimmer I said could be anything from him trying to save himself for the town if he has a power or something to him being scum. I don't believe he is a vanilla townie in the slightest.
So tl;dr I can relate to his position.
On the other hand however, I find his posts confusing, annoying and more scummy than genuine imo.

So I guess what I said about no reason to rush pointless when we can get rid of him now and save me the headache...
VOTE: Venrob
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:33 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

And finally, Dont_Vote_Me replaces cristovo017!
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:18 am

Post by Umbrage »

In post 139, Acidic_TACO wrote:
In post 137, TvK wrote:
In post 132, TvK wrote:

Theres no rush to lynch him, we have a few days to do so, chances are he's getting lynched anyway. The only real reason at this point I don't change my vote to him is a weakness of mine, with it seeming more and more thats hes scum I can see some glimmer of genuine frustration that I've had in the past where hes dug himself into a hole. Hes hiding something however so this genuine glimmer I said could be anything from him trying to save himself for the town if he has a power or something to him being scum. I don't believe he is a vanilla townie in the slightest.
So tl;dr I can relate to his position.
On the other hand however, I find his posts confusing, annoying and more scummy than genuine imo.

So I guess what I said about no reason to rush pointless when we can get rid of him now and save me the headache...
this is one of the most blatantly obvious examples of scum folding to pressure that I've seen

good job
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Dont_Vote_Me
Dont_Vote_Me
Goon
Dont_Vote_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by Dont_Vote_Me »

Will read thread soon
for now
because he didn't react nearly as bad in my last game with him when he was pressured in a similar fashion, from what i've seen skimming this thread
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by Venrob »

vote venrob
I'm back!
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:02 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Why are you self voting again? Didn't you get this out of your system before? I am catching up now but feel like I will have more time because this is going to cause at least 2 people to call for your head and will probably go to night phase soon.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:24 am

Bo: Can we please get a replacement for Venrob for playing against his wincon?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:10 am

Post by Desperado »

Unvote
Vote: Venrob

^L-1
;)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:13 am

Venrob, if you're town, you should know that when you vote for yourself, it makes it harder for the surviving players to do bandwagon analysis later in the game. You should really unvote.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:44 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Venrob, unvote yourself. You're acting like a child. You've played Mafia before, and you know how the game works. If you find yourself unable to handle the stress, then please replace out. As ABR says, you are harming your team regardless of alignment.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:53 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

Folding to nothing, I think hes scum and hes acting even more childish then when I voted him...

Return to “Completed Open Games”