NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4600 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:38 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 4598, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4587, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 4585, Cephrir wrote:It actually doesn't look very bad at all? What's bad about it? Do you take issue with 4544 then?
lol. Like you'd agree that his wagon was bad when its a wagon that YOU support. I just tend to think that quick sudden surges are usually some scum piling on. Set up wise, a doc makes plenty of sense given that there were atleast TWO killing roles (mafia kill + vig kill) AND there's some folks that are posting like its maybe multiball for some odd reason. Would be pretty lame of Empire to give town no protective roles in a multikill game. Now I'm not advocating a protective claim but I agree with whomever (domo?) that this isn't the optimal lynch. What really worries me is that its nearly a week to lynch and folks are just like "ok, we give up."

Now my thoughts on Mrs. and Mr. Mara are that I hate them and like both GM and Mara make me go crazy. I think their reason for claiming was pretty lame and Mara claimed all early like WOT. GM also had allot of suspicion on their slot so did Mara claim mason to keep us from lynching GM?

GIF, I need you to read what I wrote in the qt and tell me if you think I should post about it?
Why not a jailkeeper or bodyguard, something that can coexist with a doc and wouldn't *need* to cc?
If you interpreted my post has "only a doc exists" then you are wrong. I thinks its very plausible that town has some kind of protection role. Doc is a protection role. Therefore its not our preferred lynch today.

I didn't ask you about MCM, I asked you about their post. What's wrong with the logic?
So YOU are voting SSK 'cause you agree with their logic? I don't really like the post 'cause it just pushes the SSK wagon home and its easy to interpret it as scummy and I explained that by telling you that I find most of everything scummy as fuck.

You just think SSK is town? If so, you'll need a better reason than "because there's gonna be a doc in the setup".
Do we lynch you if he flips town?
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4601 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

Now....can someone help me out with this?
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.p...43384#p5543384]post 3736[/url], BROseidon wrote:
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.p...41831#p5541831]post 3541[/url], Nero Cain wrote:are all acceptable lynches. As an added bonus there's likely scum in that group.
Why is that an added bonus and not a given?
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.p...62678#p5562678]post 4197[/url], BROseidon wrote:In all seriousness though I've never seen duplicate roles in a game.

Not counting masons and vanilla.
So.....I think think these two posts are absolutely craptastic.

3736 is mind boggingly dumb. Like how in the world would it be a given that there were scum in my list of day 1 acceptable lynches unless Bro is scum and knew there were scum in said list lynch. Someone tell me why town would ask that?

4197 is, I think, a scumtell, since its putting pressure on any multiple claim and is like a lie 'cause he HAS played in a game with multiple docs.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4602 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:43 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

unvote
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4603 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

everyone else i think is scum jumping on mafiassk is giving me bad feelings about it
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4604 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4601, KoreanBBQ wrote:3736 is mind boggingly dumb. Like how in the world would it be a given that there were scum in my list of day 1 acceptable lynches unless Bro is scum and knew there were scum in said list lynch. Someone tell me why town would ask that?

4197 is, I think, a scumtell, since its putting pressure on any multiple claim and is like a lie 'cause he HAS played in a game with multiple docs.
Wow, you're pushing those posts late...

1) I'm saying why would you consider it an added bonus instead of something you'd hope you'd be right about? The way you phrased it implied that the driving force behind those lynches
wasn't
that you thought those people were scum, but rather other reasons.

2) I've been in a game with multiple docs?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4605 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I still haven't gotten to the SSK wagon in my catchup, but it's possible.

But I'm also going into that highly doubting that he's town.

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of scum bussing?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4606 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

if he is scum, that's probably what's happening right now
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4607 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:55 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 4606, zMuffinMan wrote:if he is scum, that's probably what's happening right now
For the sake of the argument, he's scum so who is bussin' him?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4608 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

{casso, bert, desp} would be my first guesses
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4609 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

norlkaz wrote:SSK is NOT likely to flip scum for behavioral reasons I shall explain when we have more time
do this in your next post
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4610 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 4551, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 4514, goodmorning wrote:Also it seems you've never pushed me early, so how would you know what quality of reactions you'd get from me if you did?
I think you start slow. You don't think you start slow. How does that make me scum?

I've pushed you late and I didn't get a fantastic quality of reactions from you. I can't see me getting a better quality of reactions from pushing you early.
Did I say it makes you Scum?

Hmm.
In post 4558, DOMO wrote:
If he's scum, then good chance he's being bussed to take heat off other scum.
PREACH IT
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4611 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 4604, BROseidon wrote:
In post 4601, KoreanBBQ wrote:3736 is mind boggingly dumb. Like how in the world would it be a given that there were scum in my list of day 1 acceptable lynches unless Bro is scum and knew there were scum in said list lynch. Someone tell me why town would ask that?

Wow, you're pushing those posts late...
your point?
1) I'm saying why would you consider it an added bonus instead of something you'd hope you'd be right about? The way you phrased it implied that the driving force behind those lynches
wasn't
that you thought those people were scum, but rather other reasons.
I am very very skeptical of this answer. I'm like 99.9% GIF spent a large part of day 1 wanting to kill SC and I'm pretty sure that I spent atleast a post talking about Muffin/SSK etc. So this whole "well I didn't think you thought they were scum" seems rather detached from the game.
2) I've been in a game with multiple docs?
si.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=29987
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4612 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 4608, zMuffinMan wrote:{casso, bert, desp} would be my first guesses
Why not Cephir?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4613 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i don't really think cephrir is scum atm. just being bad.

why cephrir?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4614 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4600, KoreanBBQ wrote:
I didn't ask you about MCM, I asked you about their post. What's wrong with the logic?
So YOU are voting SSK 'cause you agree with their logic? I don't really like the post 'cause it just pushes the SSK wagon home and its easy to interpret it as scummy and I explained that by telling you that I find most of everything scummy as fuck.
Yes. I've thought SSK was probably scum all day, and at this point it's become evident that basically everyone agrees, so there's no longer any point in saving him.
In post 4600, KoreanBBQ wrote:
You just think SSK is town? If so, you'll need a better reason than "because there's gonna be a doc in the setup".
Do we lynch you if he flips town?
Where did you get that from?
In post 4612, KoreanBBQ wrote:
Why not Cephir?
Must you really push me every time you possibly can?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4615 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 4530, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:No I wasn't? I first scumread you, tried to reaction-test you, it didn't change my mind, then I thought you were town after a while, then I returned to thinking you were scum after some horrible posting.
In post 4530, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:This thing called the brain? You might recognize it, it's this organ most humans have that servers as the center of the nervous system.
explain why your read changed to a townread, then back to a scumread, then back to a townread again? I'd also love if you could walk me through your read on zmuffin plz

also, your initial push on me was just a reaction test? I've seen scum hide behind that excuse too many fking times. it feels like you know your push on me was bad and are trying to distance from it
In post 4530, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:No it's not? But try again?
sry for confusion, "misrep" is prob wrong. strawman or dodge is prob better. I was mentioning information, including final lynch wagon, interactions, etc. and then you only explained why you didn't analyze the final lynch wagon, without regard to other info
In post 4530, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:See 4303.
that'd be fine, but the problem is this came after I brought up how there was a bunch of info from the SC lynch 0.0 so for all I know you could be scum faking
In post 4530, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:And this is?
you accused me of having a "generic OMGUS" and then did the same thing yourself. a bunch of people jumped on you and you questioned if it was possible the whole scumteam jumped on you at once
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4616 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 4562, DOMO wrote:Sudden push to end this day suggests we're onto something with casso. We get so much from his lynch now. If he flips scum, especially strong PR scum, then this push to kill of a claimed doc is scummy as hell, regardless of SSK's actual alignment.
this
In post 4565, Generic wrote:He is a claimed doc that didn't die in the night... Only me and koreanBBQ pushed this to my knowledge so why would scum leave a town doc alive and NOT toss the suspicion about? Makes no sense and several scum suspects of others actually defended him.
this
In post 4598, Cephrir wrote:Why not a jailkeeper or bodyguard, something that can coexist with a doc and wouldn't *need* to cc?
that
also ugh I'm starting to question my scumread on you. this is exactly the kind of thing I'd expect you to think about considering you modded FEA gthat had both a jailkeeper and a doctor. I'm a bit surprised nero didn't catch it considering he was JK in that game but oh well. his attitude about duplicate roles seems like the same thing tho bc I remember him doing that in that game too

I don't necessarily wanna lynch SSK today. I could totally see SSK being scum and the scumteam redirecting attention to SSK-scum bc SSK is practically dead anyway. in fact I think Varsoon mentioned smth about him doing this sometime on D1. I'm ok with an SSK lynch but we need to explore other options. still prefer an SAD lynch. I literally have no idea about Casso anymore so I'm also fine with lynching him
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4617 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4616, pieguyn wrote: I don't necessarily wanna lynch SSK today. I could totally see SSK being scum and the scumteam redirecting attention to SSK-scum bc SSK is practically dead anyway.
People keep saying this. What I don't get is why that's a reason not to lynch him. Like, okay, if he flips scum, great, maybe you were right, and you can re-examine the people who're being distracted from! But it seems like quite a conclusion to jump to directly.
Bartleby the Scrivener
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4618 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by pieguyn »

SSK is almost certainly scum bc setup. there's a gunsmith and a vigilante so it makes sense to put a scumdoc to counter both of them

I'd be very ok with an SSK lynch but we shouldn't rush it 0.0
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4619 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 4613, zMuffinMan wrote:i don't really think cephrir is scum atm. just being bad.

why cephrir?
I didn't really like his vote on SSK and back on day 1 when SSK came in and put down some reads and then he finally got around to explaining them and Cep was all like "but I like his explanation". I'vr asked him what he liked about 4 times now and haven't gotten an answer but I guess its kinda moot since he has a scum read now.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4620 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 4614, Cephrir wrote:
Why not Cephir?
Its my job to push who I think is scum. For someone with a supposedly town wincon I don't know how you'd not understand that.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4621 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by Cephrir »

His play has nothing to do with my read. I think SSK is scum because he claimed doc in a gunsmith setup, and because his action claim makes no sense. That's pretty much it.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4622 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4620, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 4614, Cephrir wrote:
Why not Cephir?
Its my job to push who I think is scum. For someone with a supposedly town wincon I don't know how you'd not understand that.
At some point it gets a little excessive. It's somewhere around when you're asking what (whoever just posted) thinks of me basically all the time.
Bartleby the Scrivener
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4623 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 4616, pieguyn wrote:
In post 4598, Cephrir wrote:Why not a jailkeeper or bodyguard, something that can coexist with a doc and wouldn't *need* to cc?
I'm a bit surprised nero didn't catch it considering he was JK in that game but oh well.
I feel misrepped here. Much like Norl posted after me, town deff has some kind of protection role. It could be doc, if SSK is a scum doc then it prob isn't a doc. The idea that this is the exact same setup as some other game is really weird to me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4624 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:45 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I was referring to how there was both a doc and a JK in that game and how you didn't point out this exact possibility. however, it's probably not very likely you'd point that exact thing out, and my point was your attitude is the same from there to here despite this. sry if I misrepped you > <

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”