F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 299, BROseidon wrote:F-16 what's your read on Pie?
Town.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I see what you did there.

Asshole...
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:09 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 247, ActionDan wrote:you are regfan's alt supposedly correct?
I also forgot this. No, he's not a regfan alt.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 298, BROseidon wrote:
In post 296, Tammy wrote:I'm kinda confused why you keep taking it to this. I'm saying when town, he used to be transparent as town or at least explain his stances and play. He's moved away from that which makes him harder to read.

Therefore, I don't have a read on him. I didn't call him scum. I'm baffled by him (and wish he'd return to his old style of play ftr)
Track the trajectory of his positions and see if the movement makes sense?
His movement was he came into the game calling falcon scum, then posted quotes for why he's scum and continued to call falcon scum?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I'm willing to wait until day 3 to have a solid read there.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:16 pm

Tammy, what is your read on Mykonian?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by Tammy »

My read on Myk is that he's annoying. And I can't tell if I'm suspicious of him because I think he's scum or because I'm just annoyed with his play style. I think that post like:
In post 198, mykonian wrote:also, kaze, now you are here. You can see why 92 is scummy, right? I only have to explain to f-16 why he got caught, I hope. He's obviously unaware or he wouldn't have made 92.
Are effing horrible. If he were actually interested in helping town, he wouldn't be all manipulative and encouraging someone to see something. He'd explain it. But he keeps acting superior about the whole thing. Nothing about his play is town, but I think Myk has an anti-town playstyle, so he could just be really bad town.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Kagami »

In post 278, BROseidon wrote:...
If I had a strong PR attached to being weak, I wouldn't claim it b/c I'd have assumed that scum were informed what it was. Claiming weak basically says "shoot me in the N3-5 range."
I think you might be biased in your scum-knowledge beliefs by your experience with sabotage mafia. Outside of that specific game, in which the central mechanic lay in scum knowing and sabotage town abilities, I've never heard of scum getting full knowledge of the town PRs.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

bro :<

why are you scum this game? :<
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:55 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

actiondan wrote:Muffin has a better chance than raw probability to be town
i agree with this statement
tammy wrote:This isn't a good reason to town read muffin.
i agree. you should town read me because i'm town. reasons are for newbies
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by Kagami »

In post 308, zMuffinMan wrote:bro :<

My least favorite posts are 256 and 265. What are yours?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i didn't like 256, either. also point (2) of that post isn't strictly true, either, since i don't think BRO was playing to be lynched D2 prior to the point where nacho and i were like, "lololol all aboard the bus train," because bus trains are a thing

i somewhat understand the sentiment in 265 and it's rather null tbh. a lot of people are starting to say the same sort of thing to me lately and i think i'm more lucky than good at scum, so *shrug* i only have like a 50% winrate as scum and some people think i'm good at it

i'm not really reading bro as scum for individual posts. it's more a body-of-work thing and the underlying tone in the way he responds to things
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:04 pm

Post by Kagami »

Which games have you played with him as scum?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 309, zMuffinMan wrote:
tammy wrote:This isn't a good reason to town read muffin.
i agree. you should town read me because i'm town. reasons are for newbies
We'll see muffin. WE'LL SEE.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i've skimmed over some of his completed scum games (i think sabotage and 165), and i played with him as scum in bork's imperishable night
tammy wrote:We'll see muffin.
it's ok. the longer scum keep me alive, the more fucked they're gonna be. i imagine i won't live long even if i'm shit at finding them
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 270, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I've been trying pretty hard to figure out Dan's affiliation. In , I attempt to prod him into the game and start providing reasoning for his reads. I clarified his misrep to see if he understands where he went wrong. I have been trying to pressure him into towntelling if he is town.

In my interactions with Myk, I debunked his claim of meta. I pointed out that he has never played with me as scum before. I also asked him to show an example of me making a post like 92 as scum.

Compare Myk's and Dan's responses:
Dan continues to troll and provide no reasoning for his reads despite being probed about it.
He says "don't be cajoled by scum" which doesn't do anything to advance the gamestate.
Myk continues to provide no reasoning despite his being debunked.

I mean, compare and contrast, how is my interaction with them something you don't like?
Mostly a gut thing. Reading the posts around that point I kept thinking "ehhhh, I'm voting for F-16, right?" and I wasn't. So, I rectified that.

Your response quoted above is odd. "Why do you not like me? Look at all this stuff I did! Look at what they did!!!" I don't like the tone.
In post 271, Tammy wrote: I think that Plum looks town too and mostly that comes from what looks like spontaneous posting. I followed the On the Boat game once empire replaced in and Plum's posting there was more calculated and seemed planned there, which is different from here. Also, I'm just not sure this comes from Plum!scum:
I echo the sentiments here.
In post 271, Tammy wrote: I hate this. In he asked what was so bad about . Mykonian, *twitches, cracks neck and knuckles* doesn't explain in he rather challenges Kaze to see it. Myk should have explained it, but he doesn't. So what does Kaze think he sees? It looks like Kaze is gearing up to be persuaded by this scum read. HOWEVER Kaze is new at this game. It is possible that he thinks he's supposed to see something there, and doesn't want to admit that he has no clue what Myk is talking about.
You got me. I have no clue what myko sees in F-16's opening post. I was just going along with it to add pressure. Plus myko sounded like he knew something that would be rendered ineffective if he said it out in the open so I just rolled with it. Kinda tired of waiting for him to spill, though, so that's that.
In post 284, Tammy wrote: Scum probs don't have day talk.
Why not?

---

@Kagami:

In post 225, Kazekirimaru wrote: -Again, how do you know there's "only one other weak player"?
I've asked you this a couple of times now; you keep ignoring it. Why? I'd really appreciate an answer.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:18 pm

In post 306, Tammy wrote:My read on Myk is that he's annoying. And I can't tell if I'm suspicious of him because I think he's scum or because I'm just annoyed with his play style. I think that post like:
In post 198, mykonian wrote:also, kaze, now you are here. You can see why 92 is scummy, right? I only have to explain to f-16 why he got caught, I hope. He's obviously unaware or he wouldn't have made 92.
Are effing horrible. If he were actually interested in helping town, he wouldn't be all manipulative and encouraging someone to see something. He'd explain it. But he keeps acting superior about the whole thing. Nothing about his play is town, but I think Myk has an anti-town playstyle, so he could just be really bad town.
I initially thought he was town because some of smugness about thinking he knows my meta felt the same way as his attack on Thor in this game:
Spoiler: Micro 65
Subject: Micro 65: No Town Lynched (Game Over)
mykonian wrote:all the more if you aren't looking for a random vote.

You missed something btw.
In post 11, Thor665 wrote:
Unvote: Nachomamma8
Vote: Red Coyote

Speed wagon ho!

@Myrk - we do not need to confirm.
Also, if you're town - replace out,
I don't need someone who is going to be not interested in the game on my team.
someone is very eager to suggest he's town in a roundabout way.

vote thor

I don't see this vote changing any time soon. It fits what I think to know about thor too well.
Subject: Micro 65: No Town Lynched (Game Over)
mykonian wrote:hardly.

Depends how you think Thor plays as scum. Gregory hasn't played with him, I think, but it should be easy to relate to. Thor is a guy you either hate or love on MS. Some people believe he's a great player, great as town, great as scum. Others believe he's a little too full of himself. I'm not taking a stance there. Anyway, he's confident, generally goes into a game thinking he's going to win. He's used to leading towns, as either allignment, and is generally hard to lynch exactly because of that.

Thor made that sentence on purpose, he knows I don't replace out, we've played with each other before. The only goal it has is to insert that little piece of text that he's town. Now, I know confident scum. And I know I pulled stuff like that often. Each time town didn't notice it was a little victory, because it actually works. This is Thor trying to get in his favorite position.

The difference though is that he started explaining it right away and I am not sure if this is alignment indicative for him.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:22 pm

Post by Kagami »

@Kaze: pretty much the entire town had posted something between my saying it was not conventional and revealing its meaning, and I think they'd have spoken up. Bro's point about that is likely false. The are also flavor reasons for my belief.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 308, zMuffinMan wrote:bro :<

I'm not :P
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:49 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 311, zMuffinMan wrote:i didn't like 256, either. also point (2) of that post isn't strictly true, either, since i don't think BRO was playing to be lynched D2 prior to the point where nacho and i were like, "lololol all aboard the bus train," because bus trains are a thing
Dude, were you even reading my posts?

I was being intentionally scummy that entire game.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 317, Kagami wrote:@Kaze: pretty much the entire town had posted something between my saying it was not conventional and revealing its meaning, and I think they'd have spoken up. Bro's point about that is likely false. The are also flavor reasons for my belief.
Scum not knowing about the weak mechanic/modifier would be gamebreakingly bad modding.

I highly doubt that got through 4 people.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I also like how Pie's like "I don't like how BRO doesn't address me" is being paired nicely with "I don't like how BRO's addressing pie."

If you're gonna push a shitty agenda, at least try to be subtle. Don't insult my intelligence >:C
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by Kagami »

In post 320, BROseidon wrote:
In post 317, Kagami wrote:@Kaze: pretty much the entire town had posted something between my saying it was not conventional and revealing its meaning, and I think they'd have spoken up. Bro's point about that is likely false. The are also flavor reasons for my belief.
Scum not knowing about the weak mechanic/modifier would be gamebreakingly bad modding.

I highly doubt that got through 4 people.
I have a response to that, but I'm already toeing the line with mod spec. I think it's possible.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:56 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

bro wrote:I was being intentionally scummy that entire game
oh, then i actually didn't realise

are you doing the same thing here?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 256, BROseidon wrote:1) My reason for jumping on you wasn't sketch. Yeah, early game isn't going to have to most evidence, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to sit around and wait for someone to stumble. I'm going to press something minor and get pressure moving.
In post 256, BROseidon wrote:3) What's different about this is that my reasoning was fine. You awkwardly postured around Bert's claim. I attacked you for it.
except it's not bc you made the assumption that I'm familiar enough with the flavor to do smth like that, when there's no basis for that assumption. I could see smth like "oh I would have expected everyone in this game to watch the anime", but yours was based off the fact that I KNEW the manga and p much everything about the flavor. let me break down your argument for you:
In post 69, BROseidon wrote:I don't like the way you're pushing the Annie flavor based on the anime when the game's based on the manga, with Annie's alignment in the manga being incredibly clear. It's like you're simultaneously trying to write-off the flavor while using it to potentially position an attack later.
so what are you trying to imply by this statement?
"I don't like the way you're pushing the Annie flavor based on the anime when the game's based on the manga, with Annie's alignment in the manga being incredibly clear."

you're implying that I am scum who is deliberately pushing the annie flavor based off the anime when the game is based off the manga. however, in order to do this, I have to know the annie flavor in between the game and the manga in the first place. this is bc no one had been discussing the manga AT ALL
"It's like you're simultaneously trying to write-off the flavor while using it to potentially position an attack later."

again, suppose I was scum and I was doing this. then again I would have to know annie's alignment in the manga. there's also the idea that mb it's just me but in USA at least I get the feeling there's not very many people who even read manga, so I srsly don't get where this assumption comes from at all

there's also this one
"when the game's based on the manga"

which was demonstrated to be false, although idk if it was intentional. although I really don't care atm
In post 256, BROseidon wrote:4) BS = Brian Skies, obviously. You missed that part, which is super suspect, give that he's the one who said Annie's alignment in the show was ambiguous, which you then worked off of. The fact that you then didn't catch me referring back to that point indicates a lack of solid trajectory, aka scum trying to bullshit reasons without understanding what those reasons are
In post 256, BROseidon wrote:6) I didn't dodge that you didn't know the flavor; I tried to work out where you got that idea from, and tracked it back to BS (Brian Skies, so you can't misrep me again on this. You then COMPLETELY MISSED THAT.
WOW MASSIVE DERP LOL. ok it makes more sense now

the last sentence is the most random ass assumption I've ever seen. the fact I didn't catch you referring back to that point indicates I'm not aware that BS = Brian. you're assuming that this comes from a scum motivation (BS reasons), rather than showing WHY it comes from a scum motivation as opposed to smth else (not realizing BS = brian). I can't really explain this any further beyond the fact I didn't know BS was referring to brian skies as opposed to bullshit. however, bc you didn't explain why, I get the feeling you knew I didn't have any explanation and were just trying to paint me as scummy
In post 256, BROseidon wrote:5) I didn't cite a difference b/w the manga and the anime,
nope. let me quote again for reference
In post 69, BROseidon wrote:I don't like the way you're pushing the Annie flavor based on the anime when the game's based on the manga, with Annie's alignment in the manga being incredibly clear. It's like you're simultaneously trying to write-off the flavor while using it to potentially position an attack later.
your point was that I was pushing the annie flavor based off anime when the game was based off manga, and annie's alignment in the manga was clear. it's suspicious bc the alignment I'm pushing re: annie is apparently entirely different from what it should be. you are clearly differentiating between annie's aligmnent in anime (ambiguous) vs. manga (clear).
In post 256, BROseidon wrote:I assumed that the anime hasn't gotten as far as the manga, so that someone watching only the anime might not have known how that arc would have ended.
AHAH THIS IS A BLATANT CONTRADICTION
if you assumed that someone watching only the anime wouldn't know how the arc ended, then where did you get the idea that I knew how it ended as indicated by the fact that you pushed on me for misrepping the flavor?

sry but you just got caught so fucking hard >w<
In post 259, BROseidon wrote:"He's scum because he's a strong scum player, so he'd make that sort of play as scum."
nope. I JUST SAID that, bc you're a strong scum player, that kind of play is null coming from you as opposed to a towntell
In post 274, BROseidon wrote:Wtf I respond directly to you, ask you questions, and keep the pressure on you, and you turn around and say that I'm trying to brush you off?
if you're not trying to brush me off then what's the point of statements like this:
In post 256, BROseidon wrote:You're now going to try to play off that you didn't realize BS=Brian Skies in my previous post, and that you forgot that he was the one (and only one before you) who first said that Annie's alignment in the series is ambiguous.
I find statements like this to be generally defensive bc by saying what I'm going to do next and painting it in a scummy light ("play off") you're trying to manipulate me into not responding or otherwise giving a response that isn't the natural continuation from your arguments. it also comes from a scum motivation in that you don't want me to give said natural response and thus continue the 1v1 further. so yes, you are trying to brush me off. it's the same deal as you completely dodging my arguments when I first pushed on you. no, I'm not going to let you cover it up
In post 274, BROseidon wrote:You're my main focus now.
oh no I'm really scared someone save me from the big bad BRO
fuck that. while I can see this very reasonably coming from a town POV, this also feels defensive. it also fits with all the other statements you've made from a scum POV in that you're trying to manipulate me into not continuing the 1v1 with you

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”