Mini 1531 ~ Mafia Pinnipedum (Game Over!)

Sixty
Sixty
Goon
Sixty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by Sixty »

~Vote Count XXXI

:right:
Danny Danny Danny (L-3)
~ kanyeknowsbest, Garmr, The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague (L-5)
~ Natirasha
Selkies (L-6)
~
(The Purple Plague)

Not Voting:
Debonair Danny DiPietro, Lady Lambdadelta, penguin_alien, Selkies, walked into a club, Syryana (Does Bo Know)

-Syryana replaces Does Bo Know. Welcome him!

--With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Battery power:
arfa
R
farf
|
arfa
R
farf
|
arfa
R
farf
|
arfa
R
farf
|
arfa
R
farf
|
arfa
R
farf
|
arfa
R
(65%)
walr~ooooooooooo~f.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:05 pm

Post by Garmr »

Welcome syr. Tell us when you have caught up.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by Syryana »

I just couldn't say no to puppies and seals at the same time. Goddamnit.

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS!

Pedit: I haven't even decided yet if I'm
going
to catch up, dear boy. I'm toying with the idea of just jovially going with it.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Garmr »

that pic creeps me out a little shivers.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by Garmr »

Also why didn't the battery recharge over night???
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 853, Garmr wrote:that pic creeps me out a little shivers.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:22 pm

Post by Garmr »

Never mind it did It just went down at a amazing rate.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Syryana »

This probably means people be lurkin.

Who be lurkin, squirrel boy?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Post by Syryana »

And while you're answering that, you can tell me why DDD is at L-3. And why you're voting him.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:02 pm

Post by Garmr »

Because DDD is some who grind my gears .Come off as robotic and douchy, Admitted to being opportunistic says its part of his town play. Waits to vote a easy vote instead of trying to push players for information. Use shit scum tells that have no Logic to try and push cases. Seems to be actively looking for town cred. Went silent after a while to go stalking again.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:06 pm

Post by The Purple Plague »

In post 845, kanyeknowsbest wrote:danny, dbk, wildcard (you? selkso? garmio? gotta be 1)
I'm pretty prepared to lynch Selkies and I don't think DBK-slot is scum, but if you believe in your heart of hearts that LLD is town, I can shelve that paranoia away for a later day.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:06 pm

hey syr!
did you see what i just posted?
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:13 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

im back to dbk scum for one of the reasons i think selkso might be scum. the nodding their head "yeah i could see kanye scum" when you suggested it. he goes a step further and cites his only game with me as example that im playing way less aggressively than normal (which strikes me since i lurked until day like 5 in that game.) you remember how scum who arent familiar w. me always think im a way easier lynch than i actually am?

im pretty dang positive on the lambda front but ill probably really solidify that read when shes comes back and starts posting some more.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:34 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 855, Syryana wrote:
In post 853, Garmr wrote:that pic creeps me out a little shivers.
I remember this gif!

You replaced what wound up being my strongest day 1 townread. This makes me happy.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:40 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 860, The Purple Plague wrote:
In post 845, kanyeknowsbest wrote:danny, dbk, wildcard (you? selkso? garmio? gotta be 1)
I'm pretty prepared to lynch Selkies and I don't think DBK-slot is scum, but if you believe in your heart of hearts that LLD is town, I can shelve that paranoia away for a later day.
You've made no effort to sort me. I've had the gain turned way up listening for echoes of Marketplace day 1.

What changed your mind about Kanye?
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:18 pm

In post 864, Selkies wrote:You've made no effort to sort me. I've had the gain turned way up listening for echoes of Marketplace day 1.
I haven't sorted you directly because I don't want a repeat of Pick and Ban, since those exchanges we have are rather brutal. Instead, I've made an effort to sort you indirectly which hasn't really given me any ffery-town fruit. I can't even see what kind of directions you are thinking about (or were thinking about yesterday, all I could figure out was you liked my push on penguin but you really didn't do anything beyond that), I can't see you being frustrated or confused by the game, I don't understand why you're playing the way you're playing because it's been a full day and some change and still I see no flashes of town-ffery. Hell, Mara and I have more posts than you even though our paying attention level to this game is pretty close to nothing and I don't understand how that even happened :/

quote="In post 864, Selkies"]What changed your mind about Kanye?[/quote]
I reread him.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:52 pm

Post by Selkies »

Day 1 ended prematurely I was pretty happy with a good handful of townreads but hadn't PoE'd it down far enough. Had hoped we'd growl at each other for a while, and move the vote someplace besides Smudger.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:54 pm

Post by Selkies »

I was thinking you were town, then, though. Avoiding confrontation because it's "brutal" doesn't sound like you.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:04 am

Does it sound like me as scum? Because I have absolutely no problem switching gears if you want me to.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:56 am

Post by Selkies »

In post 868, The Purple Plague wrote:Does it sound like me as scum?
It has a powerlynch feel to it. But the tempo is off for a powerlynch.
Because I have absolutely no problem switching gears if you want me to.
I want you to do what it takes to get an accurate read. I'll do the same.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:25 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I'll be back home in a place that is easier to actually post after this weekend.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:25 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 840, The Purple Plague wrote:
In post 808, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 786, kanyeknowsbest wrote:danmniel whos scum
If I had a top read I'd be voting for them; right now I'm still evaluating in light of flips and such.
it takes you a really long time to evaluate, danny
Sure, or it was the freaking holidays which means I was never home. Beyond that you want to know one of the biggest reasons why I'm stuck in limbo? Because frankly I want to poke at LLD, the vote yesterday sucked and she just sat on it. There are several problems here, she's not posting but then again I wasn't posting maybe she's lurking but maybe the holidays happened to her as well and I can't fault anyone for that, then there's the fact that I never seem to read her quite right her faux-rage always makes me read town and the apathy I usually associate with scum showed up more in the League mafia when she was town which means I never know what to think with her and finally I'm not sure that's a fight I want to pick simply because it'll be a pain in the ass no matter what I decide in the end.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:43 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 860, The Purple Plague wrote:I'm pretty prepared to lynch Selkies and I don't think DBK-slot is scum, but if you believe in your heart of hearts that LLD is town, I can shelve that paranoia away for a later day.
You want to lynch Fery already???

In post 861, The Purple Plague wrote:hey syr!
did you see what i just posted?
I did! Why the fery scumread? Why do you think my slot is town? Why do you think LLD is scum? If I were going to go back and selectively read the first 35 pages, which parts do you consider the most important for me to look at?
In post 863, Selkies wrote: I remember this gif!

You replaced what wound up being my strongest day 1 townread. This makes me happy.
Why was DBK your numbah 1 townread? Who ya wanna lynch and why? If I were going to go back and selectively read the first 35 pages, which parts do you consider the most important for me to look at?
In post 866, Selkies wrote:Day 1 ended prematurely I was pretty happy with a good handful of townreads but hadn't PoE'd it down far enough. Had hoped we'd growl at each other for a while, and move the vote someplace besides Smudger.
Who were the townreads? If you hoped to have a fight with Nacho, why didn't you? Did you think Smudger was a bad lynch?
In post 871, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Sure, or it was the freaking holidays which means I was never home. Beyond that you want to know one of the biggest reasons why I'm stuck in limbo? Because frankly I want to poke at LLD, the vote yesterday sucked and she just sat on it. There are several problems here, she's not posting but then again I wasn't posting maybe she's lurking but maybe the holidays happened to her as well and I can't fault anyone for that, then there's the fact that I never seem to read her quite right her faux-rage always makes me read town and the apathy I usually associate with scum showed up more in the League mafia when she was town which means I never know what to think with her and finally I'm not sure that's a fight I want to pick simply because it'll be a pain in the ass no matter what I decide in the end.
This kinda makes me want to lynch you. Let's shelve LLD for a moment. What are your top two townreads and scumreads? Why?

I'd also like to hear things from Cabd and Nastyrasha. Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
Sixty
Sixty
Goon
Sixty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:00 pm

Post by Sixty »

~Vote Count XXXII

:right:
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-3)
~ kanyeknowsbest, Garmr, The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague (L-5)
~ Natirasha

Not Voting:
Debonair Danny DiPietro, Lady Lambdadelta, penguin_alien, Selkies, walked into a club, Syryana

--With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Battery power:
arfa
R
farf
|
arfa
R
farf
|
arfa
R
farf
|
arfa
R
farf
|
arfa
R
farf
|
arfa
R
far
(58%)
walr~ooooooooooo~f.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:45 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 872, Syryana wrote:
In post 863, Selkies wrote: I remember this gif!

Why was DBK your numbah 1 townread?
, both came off really town to me in a "yeah I suck at this game" way, but he kept scumhunting. I disagreed with his Smudger vote and the reasons that started around , but I thought they were internally consistent in a tone-deaf sort of way that he'd also shown earlier with his Plum suspicions. There was a sheeping feel to his reversal on Smudger around , but he'd already kind of latched on to NachoMara and he'd also said pretty early on that he didn't trust his own scumhunting skills and felt he did better listening to other's arguments. If he's scum, that was a masterful set up and a masterful emulation of confused but giving it his best shot town. I don't get why he'd replace out with a feeling lost sort of reason after accomplishing that.
Who ya wanna lynch and why? If I were going to go back and selectively read the first 35 pages, which parts do you consider the most important for me to look at?
The players I'm somewhat familiar with look town this time out. I was scumreading PA but that's evidently me being butthurt over NY164. I was suspicious of her in the Space Mini Normal on day 2, and that turned out to be wrong. Ironically, She was a mason in that game, and her mason partner died on night 1. I was hoping to pick Nacho's brains some more about LLD, Kanye and DDD. I posted earlier why I think DDD's play this game looks town, but it's pretty thin meta soup. I have
that game
for experiential meta, and a newbie game where he was scum that I read in real time.

In post 866, Selkies wrote:Day 1 ended prematurely I was pretty happy with a good handful of townreads but hadn't PoE'd it down far enough. Had hoped we'd growl at each other for a while, and move the vote someplace besides Smudger.
Who were the townreads? If you hoped to have a fight with Nacho, why didn't you? Did you think Smudger was a bad lynch?
At first I thought Smudger was posting a lot of insults without giving any indication that he was interacting with scumreads, or even people he had questions about.

When he was first run up, his reaction looked pretty damn town, though. I pushed Nacho on that read and I think he agreed with me, at least for a while.

We didn't get things sorted out day 1 because (IMO) premature hammer. Nacho indicated he wanted more time to sort me before day 1 ended . I replied . Kanye hammered before we had that convo .

Town reads:

PA - the middle of the game-night communications channeled by sixty were convincing enough for me to do a major rethink.

Garmr - meta read. This game he's not playing exactly like he did in our two earlier games, but there's a meta-trajectory to what has changed, and I think it's a town-game evolution, not a scum game. I posted some scathing feedback along with an ISO analysis in the space game while I was waiting to be hammered.

DBK/You - explained above. Don't break my heart.

Walked into a Club (Cabd/Mala) - minor concerns at times on day 1 but cabd tried to peel me off the PA wagon and I don't see why he'd care as scum. If anything it seems like the wagon on the stronger player going through would have benefited scum more at least in the short term. (yeah, yeah, terrifying scum game. I'm working pretty hard at not going into paranoid tailspins around him).

Purple Plague should be a stronger read probably, but nacho. Recent history says I can't read him for shit but I'm always optimistic that \I'll get him right next time. Until it's next time. In our last few games I think we've both been very suspicious of each other at first when town. The one that gets there first maybe gets a townread from the one who lags a little.

oh gawd a wall.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”