NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3825 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:04 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 3808, zMuffinMan wrote:with the exception of maybe domo, it would not surprise me if all the players in that list are town
I don't like this either. I can immediately see that he's wrong about me, I'm suspicious of ceph and sakura, while BRO and muffin are null at best. This feels like it could be an attempt to discredit geists while maintaining focus on me.

I've gotta say I think geists is town. I think ffery would consider me a serious threat to her if she's scum, especially since I had so much trouble sorting her through d1. If she's scum, she would certainly have been worried that if I'm a strong PR then I'd have had a look at her. So the fact I'm still here has me feeling a lot better about ffery.

Casso -

The sakura wagon is interesting. She threw a tantrum and her wagon gets dismantled? And you're looking then at me, who spent most of d1 saying how you were a terrible lynch becuase of your reputation? That pinged like fuck nacho. I might have been a decent wagon if I were around to defend myself, but it seemed a lot like your were feeling the town's willingness to lynch potential threats. SAD is another potential threat to scum and I really do not like that you tried to turn the town against us.
In post 3821, geists wrote:What are your other reads?
Pretty much mara and bert highly likely to be town, casso likely scum, and I'm happier with you because I didn't get killed. I'll be reassessing today, I have no plans to V/LA for the forseeable future so I'd like to think I can stay up to date with developments from here on.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3826 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:04 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 3723, zMuffinMan wrote:
bert wrote:Partly their reputation as scum
what reputation? if you mean looking town(ish?) as scum, then how does this factor into you thinking i'm scummy here?
bert wrote:Muffin's play has been sketchy
Muffin just pings
go on
geists wrote:How in bloody fucking hell are you discounting the tremendous amount of effort that Nacho has put into this game. He got a wagon to L-1 and then fucking dismantled it because he started to see town glimmers.

There's absolutely no way that makes sense for scum-Nacho to do.
you keep calling nacho town for stuff that really doesn't make him town. like, really... unless the "effort" factor is some sort of town tell for you? how does him "dismantling" a wagon on someone that was starting to be townread by a fair few players make him more likely town?

either you're seriously underestimating him if you think this is something he couldn't do as scum, or i'm seriously overestimating him.
cephrir wrote:I don't see how those words could possibly bother you
coz nacho didn't give a shit about trying to "sort" me and was pretending that's what he was doing. nothing he was asking me, saying to me, or saying about me was designed to sort me, incidentally, it was about that point that he stopped even responding to me altogether (claiming it wasn't worth it or something?), which is a funny fucking way to sort someone
casso wrote:CAST DOWN FROM HEAVEN:
BRO
Norlkaz
SSK
SAD
DOMO
MuffinMan
heh

wasn't it you who criticised me for having a scum list that included you and mostly low-content players?
I stopped responding to you because our exchange was going absolutely nowhere, which was something I realized at the point of my unvote. People aren't interested in our meta digs at one another, although I seriously doubt that being apathetic is a town tell for you, considering it's you and its not like you don't like playing town or anything like that. I don't know how you expect me to sort you early game other than by tilting you and finding things I don't like about you; I can say "Muffin, stop being lazy". "Please explain your reads", and things like that, but it's not likely they will come to anything fruitful. I hope today that you look something more than vaguely apathetic because having you as town would be pretty nice, but I'm currently pessimistic.

I did criticize you for having a scum list that was me and a bunch of low content players because it felt like you just jotted down whoever seemed vaguely townish and had their heads in the game. This list came after a bit more work.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3827 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:04 am

Post by Empire »

Day 2, Votecount 2
KoreanBBQ (1)
-
Generic

Casso the King of Seals (1)
-
DOMO

Not Voting (16)
-
geists, Casso the King of Seals, MC Maraca, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Bert, MafiaSSK, pieguyn, BROseidon, Norlkaz, KoreanBBQ, goodmorning, Sakura Hana, Ser Arthur Dayne, zMuffinMan, Cephrir, Desperado

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch! Deadline is on January 11th at 10:10 AM EST (expired on 2014-01-11 11:10:12)

Mod Notes
-
BROseidon is V/LA until January 3rd.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3828 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:08 am

Post by Generic »

DOMO, just checking here but are you going to call everyone who had issues with you suspicious, or are you actually going somewhere with these walls?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3829 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:08 am

In post 3825, DOMO wrote:
In post 3808, zMuffinMan wrote:with the exception of maybe domo, it would not surprise me if all the players in that list are town
I don't like this either. I can immediately see that he's wrong about me, I'm suspicious of ceph and sakura, while BRO and muffin are null at best. This feels like it could be an attempt to discredit geists while maintaining focus on me.

I've gotta say I think geists is town. I think ffery would consider me a serious threat to her if she's scum, especially since I had so much trouble sorting her through d1. If she's scum, she would certainly have been worried that if I'm a strong PR then I'd have had a look at her. So the fact I'm still here has me feeling a lot better about ffery.

Casso -

The sakura wagon is interesting. She threw a tantrum and her wagon gets dismantled? And you're looking then at me, who spent most of d1 saying how you were a terrible lynch becuase of your reputation? That pinged like fuck nacho. I might have been a decent wagon if I were around to defend myself, but it seemed a lot like your were feeling the town's willingness to lynch potential threats. SAD is another potential threat to scum and I really do not like that you tried to turn the town against us.
Pretty much mara and bert highly likely to be town, casso likely scum, and I'm happier with you because I didn't get killed. I'll be reassessing today, I have no plans to V/LA for the forseeable future so I'd like to think I can stay up to date with developments from here on.
I don't think that ffery would kill you Night 1 in this player list. She is town for a host of other reasons, though.

Sakura wagon D1 was dismantled because she strongly towntelled, not because "she threw a tantrum", that is a misrep of what actually ended up happening. I'm also pretty excited how you try to back up that I was trying to feel the towns willingness to find potential threats, considering I was leading a wagon on MafiaSSK at the time? Who do you feel I should have offered in your stead? Why is you saying that I was a bad Day 1 lynch a reason not to lynch you? I appreciate it, sure, but it wasn't a strong towntell for you or anything.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3830 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:10 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 3828, Generic wrote:DOMO, just checking here but are you going to call everyone who had issues with you suspicious, or are you actually going somewhere with these walls?
What? I like how you focus on my casso push and ignore the bit where I call gesist town.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3831 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:11 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 3829, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I don't think that ffery would kill you Night 1 in this player list.
I disagree. I've normally townread ffery early when she's town. The fact I hadn't would be alarming to her if she's scum.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3832 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:11 am

Post by geists »

In post 3825, DOMO wrote:

Casso -

No offense, but you wouldn't be the top of my list to N1 Kill if I were scum.

Though maybe you're thinking about Xenogears and your tracking tiphaine-scum on night 1, and fortunately being dead the next day. You did have pretty good instincts about where to focus that night.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3833 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:13 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 3832, geists wrote:Though maybe you're thinking about Xenogears and your tracking tiphaine-scum on night 1, and fortunately being dead the next day. You did have pretty good instincts about where to focus that night.
Precisely. You know that I can be a dangerous town PR, and with me refusing to townread you, I seriously expected to be dead if you're scum. Maybe I'm wrong there, but you would at least be showing alarm in the QT, that's for sure.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3834 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:13 am

In post 3732, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 3611, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3603, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:You guys do realize the MafiaSSK wagon literally gives 0 percent of actual helpful information right?
I never found this argument compelling.
He has a better chance of being scum than anyone we were wagonning before, and he has a higher likelihood of being lynched than the other players who might be scum. He's also a player who is not likely to obvtown unless roles, and thus makes a decent lynch.
This is the closest Casso came to giving a reason on me and it's all based off of imaginary likelihoods. So let me ask a couple of questions.

Why am I not likely to "obvtown unless roles"?
Why would I have a better chance of being scum?
Why do you find me so scummy?
You aren't likely to obvtown unless roles because of your style. You lurk hard, don't have anyone who is really intimately familiar with your play style except for Nati and even Nati isn't confident in reading you, you're not a leader type and generally don't fill in good analysis until really, really late (from my experience, at least). Do you disagree?

You have a better chance of being scum because I don't have a strong townread on you and I have good townreads elsewhere, mostly.

I don't find you scummy? Don't think I ever said I found you scummy, in fact.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3835 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:14 am

Post by geists »

In post 3831, DOMO wrote:
In post 3829, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I don't think that ffery would kill you Night 1 in this player list.
I disagree. I've normally townread ffery early when she's town. The fact I hadn't would be alarming to her if she's scum.
Have we played a game where we were both town before? I'm drawing a blank.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3836 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:15 am

In post 3737, BROseidon wrote:
In post 3611, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3603, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:You guys do realize the MafiaSSK wagon literally gives 0 percent of actual helpful information right?
I never found this argument compelling.
He has a better chance of being scum than anyone we were wagonning before, and he has a higher likelihood of being lynched than the other players who might be scum. He's also a player who is not likely to obvtown unless roles, and thus makes a decent lynch.
So this is at least partially policy/utility then...
Mostly utility.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3837 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:15 am

Post by DOMO »

I think so. Bear with me.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3838 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:18 am

In post 3763, MafiaSSK wrote:VOTE: StuffedCrust
Because, deadline.
Ewww.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3839 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:18 am

Post by Generic »

In post 3830, DOMO wrote:
In post 3828, Generic wrote:DOMO, just checking here but are you going to call everyone who had issues with you suspicious, or are you actually going somewhere with these walls?
What? I like how you focus on my casso push and ignore the bit where I call gesist town.
I was asking a question based on the fact I see you dive in on casso who had suspicions of you and then zmuffins who made a comment about you.

I asked whether you were going somewhere with it or just gonna post another wall with another player named for suspicion for uttering your name in a negative light.

But feel free to jump on the defensive and a respond with something irrelevant to what I asked.

Oh, and good for you that you think geists is town for not killing you in the night... Is that a legitimate reason around here?
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3840 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:19 am

Post by DOMO »

Meh just oz, and that one isn't really a reliable comparison.

To be clear, I've played you as geists, rift and 2, right?

I don't think I have been town with you.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3841 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:19 am

In post 3769, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 3711, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3614, MC Maraca wrote:Sakura Hana
Norlkaz
Ser Arthur Dayne
BROseidon
MafiaSSK/Bert

these are my null's in the order of towniest --> scummiest
I think Sakura is town.
Norlkaz is pure null.
SAD is null leaning town right now. Bert point on why SAD is unlikely to defend SSK as scum is actually a pretty good point.
BRO was town before, but I have less faith in that read than I did before.
SSK, no clue.
Bert, town.
you thought Bert was town in the Open game.
I did.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3842 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:21 am

In post 3772, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 3715, Casso the King of Seals wrote:TOWN ANGELS:
Tammy
Geists
Maraca
Falcon
Bert
Goodmorning
Sakura Hana

ANGELS IN WAITING:
Generic
Stuffed Crust
Pieguy
KoreanBBQ
Cephrir
Desperado

CAST DOWN FROM HEAVEN:
BRO
Norlkaz
SSK
SAD
DOMO
MuffinMan
This is great. I was thinking somewhat similarly but with a few modifications.
What are your modifications?
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3843 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:22 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 3839, Generic wrote:But feel free to jump on the defensive and a respond with something irrelevant to what I asked.
Huh?

You ask me - is everyone that is attacking me someone I am suspicious of.
I respond no, please refer to my townread on geists.

How is that irrelevant?

Also please refer to my d1 posts where I am looking for people who attack me sincerely so I can town them.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3844 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:23 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 3824, Generic wrote:Have you no thoughts on your wagon and the manner people left it?
I do actually, but I have more pressing concerns on both the people joining and leaving my wagon as well as the way some people joined SC's wagon.
Two of the main people I want to have a re-evaluation on are DOMO and pieguy.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3845 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:23 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 3839, Generic wrote:Oh, and good for you that you think geists is town for not killing you in the night... Is that a legitimate reason around here?
And this smacks of rolefishing. I think gesists is town. Why are you pressing that?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3846 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:23 am

Post by geists »

In post 3840, DOMO wrote:Meh just oz, and that one isn't really a reliable comparison.

To be clear, I've played you as geists, rift and 2, right?

I don't think I have been town with you.
Those are the only 3 games I remember. You were Rev in xenoblade and Domo in NY165 and Oz.

And yeah, though Oz was kind of a one-off game I at least feel like I have data and experience from that game that will help in sorting you. My role, though not town, was less informed than most of the factions, and yours was the same.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3847 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:25 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Yay, let's wagon the townread (at least one of mine) after the null we're trying to wagon claims doc.

Anymore stupid decisions while I'm not there so I can't yell and complain about them in the moment?
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3848 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:25 am

Post by DOMO »

I hate the name geists. It's so easy to typo.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3849 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:25 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 3819, Generic wrote:
In post 3807, KoreanBBQ wrote:VOTE: SC

=====[]
You hammered when we still had two hours before deadline and Pieguyn before you had said it was L-1?

vote KoreanBBQ
This is quite bad please stop :|
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”