NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:30 pm

Post by geists »

I talked to ffery. We decided my voice is better for this situation.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:31 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2747, geists wrote:I actually want to have the other mason out to believe the claim. No, I don't care about keeping them hidden, you're the main wagon right now and I'm hesitant to believe the claim.
This sounds rather silly. Mason claims are pretty much ticking time bombs. One way or another it will resolve itself before too long.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Post by geists »

No it won't. This sounds like a scum gambit, I want them to at least double down. No, I really don't care if they end up being shot tonight.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

Oh? Well sorry, I'm leaving that up to my partner to come forward or not, and I'm certainly not doing it myself shy of L-1. So either you run me up, or you deal with it and sort this out another day. Your call.
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2733, Bert wrote:Why F16

And ffery I was pointing out

1) you're saying a ton of things without doing much

2) you're not leading real lynches
I should keep a running tally of how often stuff like this is said about me when I'm town.

If I had stronger reads I'd go after lynches harder. As it is, I'm testing my reads and listening for echoes. This actually is like GiF's micro at least in that sense. I didn't feel convicted enough that Hanasawa was scum on day 2, and wound up listening to strong convictions about Yes*3.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:34 pm

Post by geists »

Hijacking the vote then.

VOTE: MCMaraca
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:35 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

If that's how you want it, so be it.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:36 pm

Post by geists »

Why do you think claiming masons to out day talk is important in any way, for one?
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 2755, geists wrote:Hijacking the vote then.

Seriously though two pages ago, you named them #2 on your townread list

You feel this is worth it??? To go l-1?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:38 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2749, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 2747, geists wrote:I actually want to have the other mason out to believe the claim. No, I don't care about keeping them hidden, you're the main wagon right now and I'm hesitant to believe the claim.
If this is nati, go talk to ffery and come back.

If this is ffery, I'm terribly sorry you drew scum, I can fix that for you.
We're talking.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:38 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2758, Bert wrote:
In post 2755, geists wrote:Hijacking the vote then.

Seriously though two pages ago, you named them #2 on your townread list

You feel this is worth it??? To go l-1?
Other head.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2729, geists wrote:It came off like you were checking off tick marks in what you perceive as your town game. "mix it up with Sakura - check".
sry but it's time for me to completely own you

if I was doing this, then there are 2938472398 things that have no explanation whatsoever. let me list off a few of them

1. my 1v1 vs. Nacho. we've had 2 games with Nacho and you may notice that I've never attacked him directly. at all. instead I generally resort to PoE to sort him, or let others sort him for me. this is the very first time I've ever 1v1'd with Nacho. what is the scum motivation in going directly against one of the strongest players around with literally no prior experience in 1v1'ing them? I'd have to be batshit crazy and it's not something I'd ever do as scum. especially after my experience in touhou upick where I played like complete shit
2. this 1v1 vs. you. see above. I generally try to avoid directly sorting strong players, and instead let those who are familiar with them sort them instead, or resort to PoE. and I consider you a p strong player
3. if I was scum in this game I'd be playing at 9000% above my normal potential. look at my two scumgames and see how everyone knew I was scum by the end. zmuffin has the right idea. I'm not a good scum player and I sure as hell can't play the way I'm playing here as scum 0.0
4. same thing, but see: the quality of my sorting. my reads are generally really sketchy as scum and it's in no small part how I got caught in the aforementioned game

I'm pushing the boundaries of my town game and exploring uncharted territory just by doing shit like this. I wouldn't do this as scum bc the one time I tried this kind of play as scum I got completely 0wned, and my scumgame is so terrible that I don't care to try smth like that again anytime soon. QED.

this is why you're worrying me - I'd expect you to pick up on stuff like this, especially the 1v1 vs. Nacho. considering your main focus seems to be sorting him, I'd definitely expect you to notice this and go "well that's a first, pieguy is 1v1'ing with Nacho". but apparently not?
In post 2729, geists wrote:My play is probably more like GiF's micro in some ways. Though the direction of suspicion is opposite, sorting Nacho was my early-to-midgame priority. I'm not fully happy that I've sorted him, but given his levenl of presence in the thread, this is probably as good as it gets on day 1. If that's my sole contribution to the game state, it will have to do.
I'm p sure in that game too you at least devoted some effort on D1 to sorting me. here, I don't recall anything of that sort
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

Because it makes things make more sense to the rest of the players; and hopefully it allows people to make connections that they might not have made assuming nightchat only. Mara and I fully believe there is one scum in the first three to four slots on our wagon. We agreed our reads aren't great this game, and like it or not, outing as mason is gonna shake this entire game back up and at 'em. We believe that one scum is F-16.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:40 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

You need to tell me why scumcabd fakeclaims masons at like L-8 or some shit like that with two superstrong players (nacho and ffery) townreading the fuck out him, with a backup townasfuck read from generic.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

And I really want/need to know why ffery chose to hide behind you for this talk. Does she now consider herself weak to my gambits or some shit like that?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 2746, MC Maraca wrote:F-16: If you think i'd fakeclaim mason at this stage in the game as town, you are showing that you have clearly not ACTUALLY meta-checked the kind of gambits I pull; or you're choosing to ignore that for your own agendas. I take risks, but not the kind that might out a real set of masons were I to be VT.
I think the lack off cc to your original fake-claim would tell you that there aren't real masons which makes it an amazing fake-claim as scum or VT. Out your partner.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:43 pm

Post by pieguyn »

also note how maraca rolls in with the random mason claim right when we're pushing on ffery

I'm not at all sold on that claim
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

Oh and while i'm at it; @tammy.

I figured out what pisses me off so much about your play style. Your "I am only elated as town" shit pisses me off because it's essentially discrediting your own scumgame and or saying you as a player refuse to play to the best of your ability by faking that elation as scum as the rules of the game would suggest.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

There is at least one scum in the players doubting my claim. Leaning on f16 still, but it could be one of the others.

But pie if you doubt me shut the fuck up and put your vote where your mouth is, because i'm not claiming my partner short of L-1.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Post by pieguyn »

it's mostly bc of the timing re: ffery

if it weren't for that I'd be way more inclined to believe your claim. I think it's still believable but just noting the timing of events
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 2763, MC Maraca wrote:You need to tell me why scumcabd fakeclaims masons at like L-8 or some shit like that with two superstrong players (nacho and ffery) townreading the fuck out him, with a backup townasfuck read from generic.
Numbers matter. Nacho's slot had a wagon on him and plenty of people were attacking ffery. Town or not, your wagon wasn't going to get derailed on their word.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:47 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2764, MC Maraca wrote:And I really want/need to know why ffery chose to hide behind you for this talk. Does she now consider herself weak to my gambits or some shit like that?
Note like I said I didn't believe it, she said she's reading and I said I'm going to engage.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Post by geists »

Also
Unvote
because fferyllt's mad at me.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 2771, geists wrote:
In post 2764, MC Maraca wrote:And I really want/need to know why ffery chose to hide behind you for this talk. Does she now consider herself weak to my gambits or some shit like that?
Note like I said I didn't believe it, she said she's reading and I said I'm going to engage.
You'd better go find some sheep then, because i'm still not claiming my partner till L-1; or them stepping forward on their own.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Post by geists »

I agree I've been slowly losing my grip on f-16 in the (very little) I've read of the game.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”