NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 2684, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Generic, which of the players in this game have you played with before besides Mara? Do you have any strong reads on any of them?
Played with bert (town read), nacho (scum read), natirasha (scum lean), tammy (town read), GIF (slight scum lean), F16 (town lean), mafiaSSK (scum lean), Pieguyn (scum lean), Sakura hana (town lean), desperado (town lean, but unsettled by his lack of involvement).

I think I've also played in a game with BROseidon but he is null in this one to me.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 2697, geists wrote:
In post 2695, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 2690, geists wrote:I don't know what you're asking. In both cases, I'm subordinating my own read (which I don't trust because I have a track record of being wrong when they're town) for what one of my townreads thinks because I think they're better at reading that player than I am.
Are you saying you are better at reading GM than Cabd is
? Because I remember you saying that you are bad at reading her and contribute to her mislynches as town. It logically follows that you would be listening to what your townread Cabd is saying.
I don't understand how you're deriving the bolded from my posts, because I'm saying the opposite. She's not in my scumpile because I'm trusting Cabd's read.
Ah, okay. That makes more sense. I think I misinterpreted that read.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:53 pm

Post by Bert »

Last few posts in past page ->Hate when my gut feels like ffery is scum. I think I'm just really paranoid. Hope last two posts were Nat.

Dat emotion. There hasn't been a game since out newbie where I've read you as solid town... But I wanna make it where when you're officially on my scum list, I wanna take u To the grave. Right now it's like a roller coaster cuz u looked town in that newbie

And here your tone reminds me in past page of that game

The way u went about finally casting a vote, this time on someone with no votes. Deja vu from D1 and you voting goodmorning in 1436

Generic feels town. Posts explaining feel sincere.

Korean null in past few pages. Think I'll trust generics read on Mara
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:55 pm

Post by pieguyn »

@ffery:
I still think you're town, but to be blunt I'm wondering what the hell is up with you this game. you're still misreading me and this is the first time that's happened. not only that but practically everything you're scumreading me for is bc of my failure in large games. you're scumreading me bc I'm not asking "as many" questions, or cross-referencing "as many" reads. the fact that you attribute these differences to me being scum, rather than me being bad at larges, and your failure to see the town motivation in my actions is starting to worry me

especially when (I think it was you) you townread BRO for being lost, and looking through your ISO you yourself admitted being lost at some point (or mb it was Nati)

and I'm starting to get pissed off bc both your and Bert's scumreads on me are bc I'm not doing "what's expected of me". what the fuck am I supposed to do with that? have you seen any completed large games with me as town? no, bc none exist. there is no way you can know what is "expected of me" in a large game as town. I've explained why my play in large games is different. you act like I didn't. combined with the town motivation in my actions, you should be able to see that I'm town here. rather, considering we have 3 completed games together and we've got along well in the past, I'd expect you to see that I'm town here. but you're still misreading me? wake up
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2702, Bert wrote:Last few posts in past page ->Hate when my gut feels like ffery is scum. I think I'm just really paranoid. Hope last two posts were Nat.

Dat emotion. There hasn't been a game since out newbie where I've read you as solid town... But I wanna make it where when you're officially on my scum list, I wanna take u To the grave. Right now it's like a roller coaster cuz u looked town in that newbie

And here your tone reminds me in past page of that game

The way u went about finally casting a vote, this time on someone with no votes. Deja vu from D1 and you voting goodmorning in 1436

Generic feels town. Posts explaining feel sincere.

Korean null in past few pages. Think I'll trust generics read on Mara
And my scumdar is always going to ping when I think you're going overboard on the paranoia without actually doing something about it. It's like you're testing the waters without committing.

I'm being waffly as hell in this game. It's how I feel. My reads are mushy. I'm not going to pretend assurance I don't have.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 2700, Generic wrote:
In post 2684, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Generic, which of the players in this game have you played with before besides Mara? Do you have any strong reads on any of them?
Played with bert (town read), nacho (scum read), natirasha (scum lean), tammy (town read), GIF (slight scum lean), F16 (town lean), mafiaSSK (scum lean), Pieguyn (scum lean), Sakura hana (town lean), desperado (town lean, but unsettled by his lack of involvement).

I think I've also played in a game with BROseidon but he is null in this one to me.
Can you explain GIF and Pie? You backed off from Pie after saying that you misrepped him (unintentionally), so is your scumread based on other factors? As for GIF, my gut says town especially with his explanation for the vote on StuffedCrust, the back-off etc. While the initial refusal to explain was annoying, it overall seemed like a town-ish gambit and I can't see much benefit to it as scum.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:59 pm

Post by Bert »

To be fair, pieguy, I pushed your mislynch in stacking the deck and I called you and Kaze's arguing scum theatre in AA

But still you feel off here compared to my baseline

I also accused you of the same thing in pick and ban, about not being aggressive enough,
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by Generic »

I don't know if you have a term for it here, but on mtgs they call it silver rage.

It's named after a player that made the most noticeable tell of it, but it's when a scum player gets angry at being found as scum through poor logic. So the rage is fuelled by a frustration that they have been caught on awful logic rather than that they were caught or are panicking.

THAT is what Pieguyn feels like to me. This is pure interpretation and therefore gut but his anger at being called scum for not actin as he does as town is centred around not having a large town game for reference. It seems like a focus on the wrong part to me, I would have pushed for specifics rather than argue that point from it.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by Bert »

Ffery, you can tell my town and scum games apart.

I don't buy what you're saying. The only time you thought I went overboard with paranoia and half scumread me was our first game together

And you said you were waffly as hell in your scumgame that we played last time. :(
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Post by Bert »

Vote: geists

Sorry, gut. Gonna go have a snack and watch a show now, this is gettin intense
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 2705, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 2700, Generic wrote:

Can you explain GIF and Pie? You backed off from Pie after saying that you misrepped him (unintentionally), so is your scumread based on other factors? As for GIF, my gut says town especially with his explanation for the vote on StuffedCrust, the back-off etc. While the initial refusal to explain was annoying, it overall seemed like a town-ish gambit and I can't see much benefit to it as scum.
I only misrepped Pieguyn on one point and that was the casso interaction. The rest of the issues I raised with him and his reaction to them (and subsequent reactions as I state above) make me think he's scum. It's a lean cos I am less confident of it at present and have refrained from Moving my vote as a consequence.

KoreanBBQ I had a scum read on when I voted for them but I haven't found a lot to draw my eye from them since and I wondered if my initial read came from petty reasoning (I was arguing with them when I voted so might have been a snap judgement). I won't 180 a read until I see noticeable reasoning like with mara, so they sit as null because of that.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2708, Bert wrote:Ffery, you can tell my town and scum games apart.

I don't buy what you're saying. The only time you thought I went overboard with paranoia and half scumread me was our first game together

And you said you were waffly as hell in your scumgame that we played last time. :(
I hope so. What you're doing in this game seems over the top compared to other recent games. Maybe it's an artifact of replacing into a large game with a ton of data.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Post by pieguyn »

@Generic:
they've already given specifics

afaik it was smth like
1. not cross-checking my reads enough
2. not asking people about others posts enough
3. push on sakura, which I've already explained was to gauge her reaction. so ofc it's going to feel somewhat forced

I've explained how 1 and 2 was bc of me failing at large games but apparently they don't buy it. that's why I'm worried about them. they should be able to recognize the town motivation in my actions, but apparently not 0.0
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2712, pieguyn wrote:
@Generic:
they've already given specifics

afaik it was smth like
1. not cross-checking my reads enough
2. not asking people about others posts enough
3. push on sakura, which I've already explained was to gauge her reaction. so ofc it's going to feel somewhat forced

I've explained how 1 and 2 was bc of me failing at large games but apparently they don't buy it. that's why I'm worried about them. they should be able to recognize the town motivation in my actions, but apparently not 0.0
How is your motivation for the Sakura push in this game different from your Sakura push in GiF's recent micro and mini games? Were those not also to gauge her reaction?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:13 pm

Post by pieguyn »

this one was intended to gauge her reaction more than anything else

in those games I found smth and pushed on it. in this game my first intent was explicitly to see her reaction, rather than poking around at smth suspicious. so I went to 1v1 her immediately even if my reason was kind of weak, rather than pushing on her bc she seemed the most suspicious
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:25 pm

Post by Generic »

Are you saying that their suspicion of you is in itself suspicious Pieguyn?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:35 pm

Post by pieguyn »

yeah, to some extent

I'm trying to figure out what's going on bc ffery hasn't misread me before. but I think her reasons for accusing me are really off and not smth I'd expect from her. I still think they're town but their push on me is worrying me a bit
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2714, pieguyn wrote:this one was intended to gauge her reaction more than anything else

in those games I found smth and pushed on it. in this game my first intent was explicitly to see her reaction, rather than poking around at smth suspicious. so I went to 1v1 her immediately even if my reason was kind of weak, rather than pushing on her bc she seemed the most suspicious
Why did you decide to do this?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2714, pieguyn wrote:this one was intended to gauge her reaction more than anything else

Why did you decide to do this?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:47 pm

Post by pieguyn »

it seems like in every game Sakura and I 1v1 at some point. so I figured it would be a nice starting point
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Post by Bert »

Ffery 'waffled' on me just like this as scum in my past newbie

And that tone she talked to me with in the past two pages, ahhhhhhh

Nat 'learned' from Ffery how to read me, and here Ffery is doing this?

It does not add up.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:49 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2719, pieguyn wrote:it seems like in every game Sakura and I 1v1 at some point. so I figured it would be a nice starting point
Ok, so you fabricated a reason for a 1v1, the 1v1 came off perfunctory and fake and it ended without resolution.

And you're
surprised
that I'd get a bad vibe off that?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:50 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2720, Bert wrote:Ffery 'waffled' on me just like this as scum in my past newbie

And that tone she talked to me with in the past two pages, ahhhhhhh

Nat 'learned' from Ffery how to read me, and here Ffery is doing this?

It does not add up.
Your vote and your talk aren't misaligned. That's an improvement.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:51 pm

Post by Bert »

Getting cheeky, I see.

You actually put a vote on someone for the first time I've been here and committed to someone.

That's an improvement too.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Bert »

Since I've*

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”