Open 538: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

ftr - I'm done fuckin with wake.

When we move on from his narcissism, I'll be happy to come back here.
Art is cool.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:10 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

I'm getting to you, Wake. Jesus.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 225, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:ftr - I'm done fuckin with wake.

When we move on from his narcissism, I'll be happy to come back here.
You've resorted to personal attacks first. I think you can play the game without attacking people personally. I don't do so to you.
In post 226, Does Bo Know wrote:I'm getting to you, Wake. Jesus.
Alright.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Anaylsis of Wake88, Take 1. Stuff in bold is most important for Wake to read (and somewhat ETL):

- Wake starts off in talking about Lucky’s vote not being serious, something that was obvious, and it clearly isn’t the point of ETL’s vote. At least that’s what I think.

-
Question
: Wake, do you do RVS?

- He goes on and on about ETL voting Lucky because it wasn’t a serious post when that’s not the problem.

- Just so we’re clear,
I think the point of ETL’s vote on Lucky was because he might’ve been afraid to seriously vote a player, and ETL had no other scum suspects.
ETL can confirm or not, but that’s what I think.

- Start his little Annihilator Beam crap in . I personally think giving it a name is a little…stupid. The method itself is pretty good I guess. But anyway, all the questions asked here are nice. But he decided not to question anyone else that clearly did things this game. Like myself. Or BBmolla. Soooo I don’t know what he was trying to accomplish there.

- I do think every answer in ETL’s is a sufficient post that one could gather from the questions asked in their current format.

- Wake’s seems like a misunderstanding again on ETL’s vote. Wake is assuming ETL is voting Gam for lack of activity. I got something else.

- Just so we’re clear,
I think the point of ETL’s vote on Gam was because of that one post Gam made, and that ETL wanted Gam to post more
to get a better read
, not because she suspected Gam for not posting.
ETL can confirm or not, but that's what I think.

- Wake,
you never answered ETL’s question in .
And that actually does seem like a great question for scumhunting.

- Okay, so my deal is that Wake is very…opinionated when it comes to other people playing differently from him, or reacting certain ways to him. It seems to be a playstyle thing over an alignment thing, but I’m not sure at all. And thus I cannot read Wake very well this game.

- : ETL’s vote on Wake seems to be founded. I haven’t really seen Wake ask much or conclude much as far as determining others’ alignments since .

-
Question
: Wake, what between 141 and 193 is important in terms of your questions? And since I’m taking the time to write out this whole analysis, feel free to address every single conclusion you’ve achieved in that post interval.

- I misunderstood when you said “If a question is game-related.” I thought you had said “If a question is in a game.” Which is why I started the “Is the sky blue” crap because I wanted to see how you’d react. And before you ask, no, I wasn’t looking for a specific reaction, and your response to the question did not do anything as far as helping me read you like I thought it would.

So, my conclusion? I still don’t fucking know what alignment he could be. He was asking good questions to ETL, but I haven’t seen any groundbreaking conclusions from the questioning, and I don’t really believe he would gather decent conclusions from his questioning of me. I would like to hear them, though. Unless and is pretty much it, and hopefully I made it clear that I’m willing to talk things out now that I have the laptop to do it much more efficiently.

Wake, I think what I need most to conclude your alignment is your conclusions from questioning. I don't really know what conclusion you have for ETL, you don't seem to be interested in any other players as scum (except me apparently), and overall your conclusions from questions need to be shared with the class.
gamsimbre
gamsimbre
Townie
gamsimbre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by gamsimbre »

I'm here, just going to catch up on everything and post my thoughts.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:17 pm

In post 228, Does Bo Know wrote:
I think the point of ETL’s vote on Lucky was because he might’ve been afraid to seriously vote a player, and ETL had no other scum suspects.
ETL can confirm or not, but that’s what I think.
Yes. Exactly.
Bo wrote: - Just so we’re clear,
I think the point of ETL’s vote on Gam was because of that one post Gam made, and that ETL wanted Gam to post more
to get a better read
, not because she suspected Gam for not posting.
ETL can confirm or not, but that's what I think.
Yes. Exactly.
Art is cool.
gamsimbre
gamsimbre
Townie
gamsimbre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:43 pm

Post by gamsimbre »

Up to 131...
In post 124, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 114, gamsimbre wrote:Wow, lots of posts since I checked last time!
In post 78, Wake1 wrote:Yeah, I don't like this from you two. His first post wasn't serious, and was a playful poke at MS for its problems. I'd do the same. Your reason for voting him is nonexistent.having an unserious post isn't Scummy, and you know that, so what are you doing?
I agree with this, I assumed lucky's vote was just a joke and he'd eventually get around to something. However, lucky's next post completely disregards the whole BB gambiting Wake thing, and doesn't haven't any feelings about whether or not about if it's scummy or not. Lucky, do you have anything else to say about what happened then?
@Bo: something about this post really pings me. The waffly nature he took by agreeing with wake about me, asking lucky for input, but then voting him anyway is weird.

VOTE: gam
My vote was to pressure lucky, he's wasn't commenting on anything substantial until I voted him.

In post 128, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 114, gamsimbre wrote:Wow, lots of posts since I checked last time!
In post 78, Wake1 wrote:Yeah, I don't like this from you two. His first post wasn't serious, and was a playful poke at MS for its problems. I'd do the same. Your reason for voting him is nonexistent.having an unserious post isn't Scummy, and you know that, so what are you doing?
I agree with this, I assumed lucky's vote was just a joke and he'd eventually get around to something. However, lucky's next post completely disregards the whole BB gambiting Wake thing, and doesn't haven't any feelings about whether or not about if it's scummy or not. Lucky, do you have anything else to say about what happened then?
Ignoring your terrible vote in the post following this one and responding to your question. I take gambits like that with a grain of salt. The rules don't leave much to the imagination so a night 0 cop is a bit ridiculous.
He could have done it in an attempt to seem town
because there is a stereotype that only town players make reaction test gambits. It doesn't sway my opinion of either player since wake didn't give anything away during the gambit. The only knowledge I really gleemed from it is that if BB is scum, wake probably isn't on his team. I don't think BB would have targeted a scum mate for that gambit if it was a fake.
What exactly makes my vote terrible? Also, look at the bold. Your wording assumes you think BB is scum, yet you decide not to vote him?
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

ETL

Can we
please
switch back to Gam?

VOTE: gamsimbre
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

I
could
pursue Wake with you after he's responded to my analysis of him (depends on how I'm reading him), but Gam is where are votes really should be for now.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Basically Gam is trying to take credit for his pressure vote (even though I think Lucky didn't feel any more pressured from it), and he's misrepping Lucky.

I'd get into details but bleh too much work. Hopefully Lucky can explain himself. I think he can.

Oh wait Gam has more to say, just remembered he wasn't done. I'll wait for that then.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Your buddying is blatant and very different from the lovers game.

VOTE: Bo
Art is cool.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:06 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Well that escalated quickly.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:08 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

I wanna say about 70% of the times I'm called scum when I'm town, I'm accused of it because of buddying.

I just really like some players and try to cooperate with them.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 235, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Your buddying is blatant and very different from the lovers game.

VOTE: Bo
Actually now I'm curious. When did you reach this conclusion, that my buddying was "blatant," yet just a while ago you assumed I was town? I feel like if I had blatant buddying, you would've caught on earlier.
gamsimbre
gamsimbre
Townie
gamsimbre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:20 pm

Post by gamsimbre »

Up to 158? Got so many tabs open I'm losing track :(
In post 146, Zebe wrote:@DBK: I find interesting. Kalimar is just visiting here to vote Wake (to -2 as he mentioned). It's also nice you remember me... :P

@ETL:
Null: Mr_Blonde, Smudger and aptil because almost nothing to read.
Scummy: Gam and Kalimar leaning scum (more or less) because I cannot see reasoning behind some of their votes except wagoning.
Nothing: KBW, simply no posts...

I didn't include either Cheery Dog or lucky, I'm not decided where to put them yet.
My reasoning is pressure. Wagoning is a great tool to see how people react which is what I got from lucky. Keep in mind too my vote on lucky was not random. Kalimar put wake at L2 when the game immediately started, so we need to hear his reasoning whenever he decides to show up.

In post 156, Does Bo Know wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Gam

If you guys want reasons, wait until later, but there is one reason I'm hiding, no questions asked. The rest of the reasons are basically outlined by ETL in his further explanation, I'm too lazy to go back and look.

Yeah the Lucky wagon probably wasn't going to make anything else come out. That and I'm bored with it.
I don't like delaying time, it's scummy. What's you're one reason you're hiding....that is, if you have one?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:22 pm

I will look into it. But right now, it's creepy and unwarranted at this stage of the game. Especially the pleading in and the "our votes" in . Based on your wiki, it looks like you have only been lynched as town 4 times in all the games you played in the last 3 years. Newbie 1403 you were not lynched for buddying. In Open 484, the guy with the magneton avi said you buddied him early game. Not in Micro 51 (wow... long time ago..)

Fine. I will keep it in mind. I need to read your games a bit more before I am settled with it one way or the other. But the gam wagon is stale and I don't like it anymore. (P-edit: Also I liked these posts of his for now.)

Didn't blondie say he was going to post tonight? That was like 13 hours ago.

VOTE: mr blonde
Art is cool.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:28 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Lynched for buddying? No. Suspected for buddying? Plenty of times.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:28 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Also the Gam wagon was supposed to garner from reactions from others later which is why I needed it to exist.

Also also why not push Wake again?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:30 pm

I plan to lynch wake. No need to rush it.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:31 pm

But if in the interim something more interesting happens, all the better.
Art is cool.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

@Gam: I usually don't hide reasons for things, but I'm just trying something. If it makes you feel any better, I'll tell the class what I'm hiding if I don't feel like it needs to be hidden anymore.
gamsimbre
gamsimbre
Townie
gamsimbre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Post by gamsimbre »

Up to 200.
In post 191, Kalimar wrote:Prod dodge, back tomorrow.
I'll be waiting, but if I don't hear anything you can certainly expect a vote.

In post 197, Wake1 wrote:
In post 195, Does Bo Know wrote:^^Yeah, Wake's questions to me seem pretty lame. Trying to know exactly why I can't read him well this game?

But don't switch over, I wasn't done with the Gam wagon yet.
Fortunately for you, we cannot discuss ongoing games.

My questions are valid, and I ask you them because I'm trying to understand you. There's nothing lame about it, and I challenge how you judge which questions are lame and which are valid. If a question is game-related, it is valid. Do you disagree with this?
In my opinion, I found your questions pretty weak and irrelevant. Note that I don't think this is scummy, could just mean you are a weak townie. However, you seem to be the statsboy when it comes to how many posts someone has made and oftentimes just sitting on the fence like you're waiting for something. That I think is scummy. Up until this point I still can't figure out who you think is scummy, so I'll ask who do you think is scummy?
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:47 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Alright now Gam is getting better.

UNVOTE:
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 199, Does Bo Know wrote:I just think the questions you're asking me are more or less not going to matter.
This sums up Wake
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Hey

What you got for us?

Return to “Completed Open Games”