NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:01 pm

Post by Mac »

In post 2648, geists wrote:I was wondering if dislike of the Casso wagon played into your maraca vote.

The strong appetite for both of those wagons worries me.
No. My scumread on Maraca played into my Maraca vote - and at no point have *I* expressed any read on Casso except early worries about spamming/townreading me so easily (which, by the way, I still stand by but have put it behind me for now)
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Post by Stuffed Crust »

In post 2650, Mac wrote:
In post 2648, geists wrote:I was wondering if dislike of the Casso wagon played into your maraca vote.

The strong appetite for both of those wagons worries me.
No. My scumread on Maraca played into my Maraca vote - and at no point have *I* expressed any read on Casso except early worries about spamming/townreading me so easily (which, by the way, I still stand by but have put it behind me for now)
:shifty:
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:51 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2630, Bert wrote:it feels like pie is sort of wilting under the pressure you put on him/her, not really the reaction I look for from him/her as town
meh. I didn't feel like arguing with Generic. it was really late and I was tired as fuck. especially considering I'm relatively sure of him town anyway, so there's not much of a point
geists wrote:He's not doing some stuff that I am used to seeing him do when he's town, particularly cross-checking his reads with other players and frequently asking people what they think about other players' posts.
ffery what the fuck you better not be scum

I've done the first one several times. look through my ISO and you'll see me questioning people about Casso/mara/zmuffin/etc. and certainly you remember after I entered the game how I tried to check all my townreads with you 0.0

you're right that I usually like to ask people about others' posts but I'm trying to keep track of so much stuff in this game bc there's more people, so I'm mostly going it solo here
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:18 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2649, KoreanBBQ wrote:I bluffed the read to see which person jumped and to see Varsoon yelling his brain out. But sadly, I got neither. I do think f16 is town with the way he showed his interest, but I already had him as town
if Varsoon did yell his brain out what conclusion would you have made?

looking back his reaction was to try to discredit you ("something scum-GIF can exploit easily" and then he acted like you were scum for not interacting with him). IMO it seems like a scum reaction bc it makes a lot of sense in the context of him knowing your "read" was correct. it seems like it could easily come from the scum motivation of trying to stop people from listening to your "read"
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 2632, geists wrote:4. MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal) - The rising scumread consensus makes me wonder if I'm wrong here, but I'm sticking with my read
In post 2632, geists wrote:3. Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665) - This is another read where the consensus makes me wonder if I've backed off for bad reasons. But, sticking with my read.
I haven't been that impressed with consensuses (consensii?) lately.
Why haven't you been impressed?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Post by Bert »

EBWOP: Ffery, this is the first time I remember you mentioning 'consensus/consensii' as a selling point of any kind on your reads
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2652, pieguyn wrote:
In post 2630, Bert wrote:it feels like pie is sort of wilting under the pressure you put on him/her, not really the reaction I look for from him/her as town
meh. I didn't feel like arguing with Generic. it was really late and I was tired as fuck. especially considering I'm relatively sure of him town anyway, so there's not much of a point
geists wrote:He's not doing some stuff that I am used to seeing him do when he's town, particularly cross-checking his reads with other players and frequently asking people what they think about other players' posts.
ffery what the fuck you better not be scum

I've done the first one several times. look through my ISO and you'll see me questioning people about Casso/mara/zmuffin/etc. and certainly you remember after I entered the game how I tried to check all my townreads with you 0.0

you're right that I usually like to ask people about others' posts but I'm trying to keep track of so much stuff in this game bc there's more people, so I'm mostly going it solo here
Not nearly to the extent you usually do IME.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:40 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2655, Bert wrote:EBWOP: Ffery, this is the first time I remember you mentioning 'consensus/consensii' as a selling point of any kind on your reads
That's not what I was trying to say.

What I mean is that I've found myself at odds with group consensus in a few recent games, i.e., not liking the leading wagons. I'm feeling the same way in this game, but I generally respect the opinions of most players in this game when they are town. So, I'm not sure what to make of being at odds here.

GiF's explanation of his SC actually helps a little in that respect.

GiF do you like where your vote currently is?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

StuffedCrust, what is your read on me?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Bert, wanna chat about the game?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Post by Bert »

Sure I'm here
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Awesome. You seem to indicate that you were willing to take Generic's reads into consideration if others are townreading him. How about you? Do you have a townread on him? Do you see any similar patterns to the Wingate game. I read it too and I am null on Generic at this point so I'd your input.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:31 pm

Post by Bert »

He hasn't had a real fight yet in this game, unlike Wingate.

I'm not scumreading him, but his reads are really useful if he's town because he knows Mara a lot better as Mara learned from the game from him, plus they have oodles of experience outside of MS. The thing is he got nommed for best mafia performance, and Nacho remarked how Generic has a great scumgame with passion, etc., so doubt I could spot him accurately as scum anyway.

He's being kinda vitriolic with Mara, which is comparable to Wingate. He also uses excuses of being busy, etc., like that game. (e.g. etc., asking people to f off).
In post 269, Generic wrote:Heists is a gut read based on a smart opening which when lightly challenged he has been calm and consistent on tone. And there are glimpses of behind the scenes work being done for the game.
In post 2057, Generic wrote:If people don't sign things I'm susceptible to error. But again I am having to evaluate the slot and mara knows I don't rely on meta too heavily so will know I will make judgements on in game play.

And I believe I have made that judgement but it's one I am concerned I have wrong. I hope I have it wrong cos I love mara to bits and cabd is a decent fellow, but scum is scum.
Lol I'm going to get into trouble for saying this, but what bothers me (I'm cherrypicking because we're talking about the game, and I'm actually looking back at his posts for once to refresh)....

is that he's not stroking his own ego as much as I'm used to him doing in my past two games. He's not all in-your-face about how he must be right about X and Y, etc.

Nothing strikes me as scum scum, but I could see him as easily scum. He *looks* alright, kinda town. No one here is super super super town to me yet, but I'm glad you brought this up because now I Can think about what I just looked back on in his ISOs etc.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 2632, geists wrote:3. Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665) - This is another read where the consensus makes me wonder if I've backed off for bad reasons. But, sticking with my read. I haven't been that impressed with consensuses (consensii?) lately.
Oh, P.S. Ffery I forgot to mention that the suspicion on you and Falcon in this game makes me wonder if I'm on the wrong track too, lol. Putting that out there. You two aren't consensus townreads either, which I'm not used to yet.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:39 pm

I agree that he has a good scumgame based on the Big Brother: HoH game and I initially thought he was playing to his scum-meta but as the game went on, I saw a lot of things that were different so I'll keep that in mind. As for Maraca, I have them more in the "annoyance" pile rather than the scumpile.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:41 pm

What do you think of Sakura so far?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by Bert »

I'm starting to have my doubts about Maraca too, but it's mostly because I've seen them get mislynched several times (and with me witnessing it and voting them at the same time).

I also hate DOMO's reason for leaving Nacho alive. Pieguy is not looking good today either.

In a way, Wingate was an outlier because Gen almost got modkilled and went overboard with AtE, so I'm glad you have other mediums to compare with. I haven't seen Gen as scum before in the past games, so I Can't really comment on what he's like as scum. Every time, I've had paranoia about him, but there's less this game because I'm more used to him, and he's not calling me scummy (unfortunately the 2nd part I'm trying to get rid of)

P-edit: SAKURA time!
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:43 pm

What are reads now. You keep saying you may be wrong about your reads but I am confused as to what your reads actually are.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:44 pm

EBWOP
In post 2667, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
What are your reads now?
You keep saying you may be wrong about your reads but I am confused as to what your reads actually are.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Post by Bert »

To add onto my last post, Mara's an easy wagon to make BIG, quick. And Cabd's defensive responses if he's really in tune with the game, they just add fuel to the fire. So at this juncture I could easily see them flipping town, hence why I'm not voting them.

As for Sakura --->

She's here and has been V/LA, but yeah she's lacking her Sakura-fire in her posts, and the questioning is lacking along with the stubborn reads on people. Not much of a presence.

Unlike pieguy, she has an actual excuse of being V/LA so much, but still. Very much null but the one interesting thing to note is that she hasn't done any AtE of Sakura-lite. Which doesn't mean much considering she manafactures a bit of it as scum so as to play to her town meta. She's very much null-scum, but is getting lost in all the noise and verbosity.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 2667, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:What are reads now. You keep saying you may be wrong about your reads but I am confused as to what your reads actually are.
Oh OK. One sec, working on that. Sorry, I've just been making random observations everywhere, in bunches.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by Bert »

I still need to work on developing good town reads and rapport *sigh* my bad

bolded = don't like aka scumreading or null-scum. the rest either I Don't have a real opinion about yet at this time, or I don't remember much about

these are the people that have legitimately bothered me since I've entered the game, and thus are my scumreads. I am waffling about Maraca a lot though, I will admit that I am having real second thoughts.

3. Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665)

4. MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal)

10. pieguyn SonOfZeus

16. Ser Arthur Dayne

18. DOMO

OK there are a lot to keep track of, and I don't have real good town reads at all on anyone. I'm like the opposite of you who has lots of townreads and no scumreads. I also have some people as null, bad bert
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:51 pm

I thought Sakura's vote on me in and asking Thor and Nacho for their thoughts in felt genuine. Her followup in also felt townish which was based on Thor's response to her. It looked as though she was looking for something from Thor meta-wise and got it. It did feel off initially that she thought she could read Thor so easily and so early but then again, my model of Sakura based on reading past games indicates that she is confident in her ability to read good scum players. Like that Newbie I said I was following where she was super-confident in her Cabd townread where they both gambited with a cop inno on each other. So, I could plausibly see it coming from her as town. Thoughts?
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:54 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

At this point, I just want someone lynched.

Also yes pieguy that's one of the reason for my scumread.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

The AtE is kinda holding me back because I'm a total sucker at it, but I'm aware that V can pull off the AtE as scum too.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”