NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:03 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 2469, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Also I'm very tempted to move my vote to F-16.
How about you
a) Actually do it
b) Explain why you find me scummy and try to dig deeper

Talking about your temptations isn't helping the game.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:06 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 2467, Stuffed Crust wrote:why is it not possible that SSK had been reading along and Bert hadn't? y
Where did I say it's not possible?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:27 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Jesus, site loves going down when im at home, will read later.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:54 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 2452, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Desperado, if the site didn't keep shitting out and I wasn't operating on limited time, there would be a pretty case.
But both of those conditions exist and so all I have for you is:

DAT ASS TOO FAT~

Where would you go if you had the strength of my strongarm to push a lynch through that wasn't SC or geists?
maraca
In post 2456, pieguyn wrote:
@Desp:
can you explain maraca scum? mara is weirding me out a bit but she did that last time I played her so I can't tell shit > <
their reads are shit and mara's aggressiveness is extremely offputting after hydraing with her recently
In post 2458, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 2456, pieguyn wrote:
@Desp:
can you explain maraca scum? mara is weirding me out a bit but she did that last time I played her so I can't tell shit > <
Desp can't read me for shit, either.

meanwhile, every game I play against him (and with him) I get better and better at reading him.
:igmeou:

do we even have another completed game together beyond Wingate?
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:05 am

Post by Desperado »

just checked

in always sunny town-you remarks to town-me that we have a terrible track record of reading each other

in walking dead town us read each other correctly

in maniacal town us read each other incorrectly until i was (falsely) conftowned based on bad setup spec

sounds like you just made some shit up, mara. why would you do that?
;)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:09 am

In post 2443, MC Maraca wrote:But lets say you did.

If you were town, you obviously thought that my push, on tammy was town-motivated and didn't think of it being scum motivated until tammy freaked out about it. at the point that she did, and started calling me scum, you had decided to change your read on me. no degression on your town-read of us, no sign of you losing faith in your read of us, nothing
Incorrect. I had an obvtown read on you in . This changed to leaning town in . It was null by as I don't even mention you in my townreads. This is continued in and . In , I accuse you of helping the scum. In , I disagree strongly with Geists about their townread on you. In , I vote you following Tammy's vote. My progression in reads is very obvious and gradual. You could just as well draw a linear graph to describe my read on you. In , I engage and question you to which you respond and I think about it. In , I unvote giving you the benefit of the doubt for poor play. Here is the graph: (The y-axis shows the strength of the townread from 0-100).

I also have a very good reason to think that scum would try a discrediting tactic with Tammy since I've seen it happen before while I've never seen Tammy get mislynched. This is based off of my past experience with Tammy and an understanding of her playstyle.
In post 2443, MC Maraca wrote:and, I had asked cabd if you had a reason to think he was able to read you correctly. There isn't, so you not being impressed by him because he "got your alignment wrong" is absolute shit and reeks of trying to get on his good side.
Why haven't you asked me if I had a reason to think Cabd can read me? I'll answer anyways. Cabd has read plenty of my games, and has even said once that he pegged me as scum in a game after it ended. There is a large enough variation in my town and scum games that someone like Cabd should be able to read me very easily. This is very blatantly my towngame. I am not this skilled as scum. My scumgame amounts to lots of lurking. My best scumgame was where I replaced into an autowin situation and twisted my scumbuddy's meta to call him town and held myself together for 4 real life days in 5P LYLO, so it wasn't even a big deal at all. Bert and Nacho know about this. All other scumgames are much worse. You should check my wiki or ask someone like Tammy, Nacho, or Bert who actually know what my scumgame looks like.
In post 2443, MC Maraca wrote:You don't wanna pick a fight with me, it's pretty damn obvious in the way that you scum read us, but don't call my actions scummy, rather anti-town and using that as an avenue to try and push us to get lynched.

we aren't scum, we are "'
helping
scum.

the fact that you phrase it as such proves that you don't really have a scum-read on us, but you keep pushing it as such

the fact that you keep calling my actions as "helping scum" proves that you think my actions are anti-town. not scummy, anti-town and guess what?

town can, and are far more likely to be anti-town.
I accused you of helping scum because that is what you have done. There is no way for me to tell whether you are town that made a dumb move or scum helping your wincon quite blatantly. I have analyzed the effect of your gambit as opposed to seeing the underlying town motivation. I tend to do that when people annoy me. I got over it and considered the possibility of bad-town.

In post 2443, MC Maraca wrote:Especially taking into consideration of who is in this slot, and taking into the consideration of what we both have pride in RE our scum games.

there is far more evidence of you being scum, than there is of us being scum.

you never explained the scum motivation behind our gambits, at all. Why
I
would make such a push on tammy as scum, in the first place especially since I admitted to being scared of her volatile nature as scum.
Wtf do I care about how much you pride your scumgame and how is it even relevant? I did explain the scum motivation behind your push on Tammy in . Tammy's post also resonated with me quite a bit:
In post 779, Tammy wrote:I'm not really good at resisting trolling even if and when I know I'm being trolled especially when people are talking to me the way they were. I think they saw me enter this game confident and happy, which only means one thing for my alignment, and decided to knock me out of my comfort zone, that way noone will listen to my reads because I'm the emotional girl who got frustrated and cussed people out.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:16 am

Post by Bert »

We deserve another 12 hours for the site being down

just saaying

all I remember about this game is I had a gut-scum read on a very superficial skim of everyone's ISOs

Love, Bert
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:22 am

Post by Bert »

Weird, I'm not used to seeing Falcon attract suspicion on D1.

Um, yeah I had a gut scumread on Maraca because they feel fake overall. OVERALL.

No feelings really about Desp other than paranoia. Also have paranoia that Geists is using Falcon, well Ffery is using Falcon, as her antagonist. As you see, I planned on catching up yesterday but didn't get the chance to :)

Oh and also GIF seemed pretty town for playing docey do with me when I was skimming a few days ago.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:26 am

What are your thoughts on Nacho?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:27 am

Post by Bert »

don't like him at all
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:27 am

Post by Bert »

reminds me of Hard Boiled scum Nacho for some reason
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:29 am

I have a theory for Geists being scum but that would involve both Giests and Casso being scum and ffery opening up with a bus on Nacho which she later retracts. But it would be risky as hell if the lynch actually went through, and the read had so much depth to it.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:30 am

Post by Bert »

Yeah, Nacho's not easy to lynch though so it's a viable plan for Nacho to come up with - Ffery bussing/distancing out of the gate. Her reads have depth as scum or town anyway
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:35 am

Post by Bert »

In post 2466, DOMO wrote:To elaborate on my bert townread - he's replaced in and made a flurry of catch up posts that strikes me as natural. I have no idea how balanced a game bert has, so my read is not set in stone, but I saw no reason for alarm when I took a look at his ISO, quite the opposite in fact.

Recall that when SSK replaced in, he immediately posted a read list which I didn't like, that didn't feel natural.
This person reminds me of Cephrir (sp?) from Hard Boiled.
In post 2414, Generic wrote:I have my suspicions in the slot.

But I am also aware when someone is goading me into a fight.

So kiss my ass casso, is she a scum buddy or are you keen to have two town players arguing?

vote casso

Either way guess we get to find out on you don't we.
i might buy that actually, also Nacho's asking Domo why he/she was townreading me was very cautious-sounding for Nacho. I would expect him to be much more townread by everyone now if he were town (Nacho, I mean)
In post 2412, Generic wrote:Ok. Looks like the majority of what I missed recently is the bert show.

Good to see you are town bert, you are tossing stuff everywhere and have minimal focus.

I don't understand your point against me though so I hope you aren't expecting a response. But when you are ready to wingate this with me we can bring down scum mara again.
still weird that you're townreading for once, it has never happened before
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:37 am

Post by Empire »

Day 1, Votecount 50
Stuffed Crust (5)
-
Sakura Hana, DOMO, Desperado, Cephrir, KoreanBBQ

Casso the King of Seals (4)
-
zMuffinMan, goodmorning, pieguyn, Generic

zMuffinMan (2)
-
Ser Arthur Dayne, Brian Skies

MC Maraca (2)
-
Tammy, Bert

F-16_Fighting_Falcon (1)
-
MC Maraca

DOMO (1)
-
BROseidon

Desperado (1)
-
Stuffed Crust

Not Voting (4)
-
MafiaSSK, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, geists, Casso the King of Seals

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Deadline is on December 23nd at 3:45 PM EST or in (expired on 2013-12-23 16:44:27)

Mod Notes
-
Casso the King of Seals is V/LA until the 22nd. Varsoon head of Stuffed Crust V/LA until January 25th. Cephrir is V/LA until the 22nd. Tammy is V/LA until the 23rd.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:41 am

Post by Bert »

Oops last post I meant *townreading me*, not *townreading*

OK, so basically I think Casso/Nacho usually like can't resist buddying or some kind of charm/charisma exuding out naturally

I don't feel anything but robotic walls this game
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:42 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 2486, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I have a theory for Geists being scum but that would involve both Giests and Casso being scum and ffery opening up with a bus on Nacho which she later retracts. But it would be risky as hell if the lynch actually went through, and the read had so much depth to it.
what do you think about the thing nacho and muffin are doing right now?
;)
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:45 am

Post by Bert »

In post 2213, zMuffinMan wrote:mmhmm. and if you really were trying to sort me, i'd expect you to have, you know... actually done something to try and sort me. but you haven't done that and you're not doing that.
I would like to hear from Tammy and others if they feel Nacho has naturally sorted them out, as I recall that's how Tammy caught Nacho in our last game. I think she's V/LA though so :/

Oh, also
Vote: Casso
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:45 am

In post 2491, Desperado wrote:
In post 2486, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I have a theory for Geists being scum but that would involve both Giests and Casso being scum and ffery opening up with a bus on Nacho which she later retracts. But it would be risky as hell if the lynch actually went through, and the read had so much depth to it.
what do you think about the thing nacho and muffin are doing right now?
Not sure what to make of it. Muffin isn't playing like his town or scumgames so this is new to me. I am using Rail Tracer in The Cash Cabd and his Touhou scumgame as references.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:48 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

1. zmuffinman
2. Casso
3. SC

Original Roll String: 1d3
1 3-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:48 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

VOTE: zmuffinman
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:50 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

What does Muffin do as scum, F-16?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:52 am

Post by Bert »

In post 2416, zMuffinMan wrote:part of that is because i'm only barely paying attention to this game (reading this game is just below banging my head against a wall on my to do list) and part of that is because i want flips before i start doubting my reads. i never assume my reads are accurate and always work on the assumption i could be wrong, but that doesn't mean i'm going to doubt my reads because i could be wrong. i don't even know why i have to explain this to you. it's fucking simple shit.
it's like he has taken a dose of apathetic-Cabd or something. IDK I feel weird about lynching him/her because didn't he/she get nommed for a good scumgame?

Like he's being reliably pressured and kinda looking vulnerable, and plus isn't doing much
In post 2417, zMuffinMan wrote:@ser,

why are you voting me?

what's your read on casso?
also he distracts by asking about casso in this post
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:55 am

I haven't finished analyzing him but the notable thing I found in Touhou in his initial posts was that he displayed a specific kind of opportunism. When Pie and Varsoon went through a TvT back and forth, he supported Varsoon and pushed against Pie's arguments. This despite the fact that Pie had better arguments (or at least so I thought). I believe his motivation was that he figured Varsoon was a better player to buddy to because Varsoon was more hard headed and unlikely to turn on him as long he continued to support him in his arguments against Pie. Muffin went against the flow and didn't hop onto Varsoon and as such avoided the common pitfall of bandwagoning scum. The main difference I found with his towngame was that Cash Cabd, it seemed like he was legitimately scumhunting. His push on Humble Poirot and continued questioning and desire to get to the depth of the matter presented a very different feel than the opportunism in Touhou. I am not done yet so those are my initial thoughts. His play here is nothing like his town or scum play so I have no idea what is going on yet.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:03 am

KBBQ, do you have any insights? I'd appreciate your thoughts as it might help me get a better feel for what to look for as I continue to read through his games.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”