NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 2167, MC Maraca wrote:I do, actually

My (personal) prediction is

SSK/desp. Tammy/F-16, Brian, Muffin

Pedit: Ohhaicabd
Then vote me. I'm a free mislynch. This is your one chance you get to mislynch me and watch me not fight it.

I'll even help with incentives.

I'm not going to read this game. I don't have the time or the will to read this game. And bonus! I'm going on v/la tomorrow so I especially won't be reading this game.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

and, I had gone through a semi-iso on all of them

and SSK and F-16 are unlikely to be scum with the person right next to them, AND re the ones who are more likely to be scum in their pair.

I feel like a scum-flip on all 4 of those will be most telling, while a scum flip on Brian and muffin won't be as much.

F-16 hasn't really pushed his own wagoned, though and has dogged quite a bit.

his town--> maybe town --> scum read on us is weird and there is no basis behind it other than Tammy being the first to actually attack us

and my "malicious attack" is nothing more than calling tammy boring and voting her... while he voted her before us, and me lightly pushing her as a means to try and discern her alignment.

he also has no reason to think that cabd would be able to read him, so him stating that his attack on him is off and wrong is weird especially since it was made in a way that looked like he expected cabd to read him correctly.

his words now also completely nullify what he has said about us early game. it's the complete opposite, infact.

Pedit: I don't like Veph's wagon :/
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

Tammy:

I'm voting who I think is scum; not who I think is getting way too hot and bothered because "omfg how dare they read me wrong don't they know I'm innocent child" You can take your burden of proficiency at reading you onto your plane with you. And lose it in the luggage sorting area. In the great words of andrius, "The only innocents are bodies"

I won't pretend to understand exactly what mara did with you; and I personally think it was a bit over the top; but this is a game. Anything and everything that helps me, or my partner, get a read is fair game to me so long as it falls in the game's rules.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:17 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Cabd can you answer this plz
In post 2153, pieguyn wrote:
In post 2143, MC Maraca wrote:I'm less sure now that nachoffery sorting dance happened of my scumread there. I could probably sheep you onto cephrir. Mara's kinda AWOL so what the hey.
you'd sheep me onto Cephrir, but not Casso, when I think they're both scum? so you think there's a good chance of Cephrir scum and Casso town based on what I said?

bc I'm thinking either they're both scum or I suck and I'm way off entirely. I guess the timing of Casso's push on me might have just been unfortunate, but that seems like almost too much of a coincidence to be true 0.0
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 2170, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 2168, KoreanBBQ wrote:So he's just 2013 scummy?

Do you think Tammy is scummy?
You really need to get over that 2013 shit; because I'm a '13 too, and I seem to remember owning you at least once.
The 2013 thing is my own personal joke, I find it really really funny when I make fun of 2013 join dates and they get mad. I also think you are much better than Titus but so are a lot of ppl....you make me sad when you scum read me for F all.

guys lets kill muffin.

vote:muffin
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

and if you were town, you would understand where my paranoia is coming from and the actual reason to why I was pushing in the first place.

I can play the "you should XYZ" game just as well as anyone else but then, it'll turn into nothing but a fallacious war.

I also won't push someone who is V/LA especially when I have other suspects who are just as good and would give just as much answers, and is actually able to defend himself

Pedit: sure

VOTE: muffin
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 1, Votecount 44
zMuffinMan (4)
-
Casso the King of Seals, Ser Arthur Dayne, KoreanBBQ, MC Maraca

Stuffed Crust (3)
-
Sakura Hana, DOMO, Desperado

Casso the King of Seals (3)
-
zMuffinMan, goodmorning, pieguyn

MC Maraca (2)
-
Tammy, F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Cephrir (1)
-
geists

DOMO (1)
-
BROseidon

KoreanBBQ (1)
-
roflcopter

Desperado (1)
-
Stuffed Crust

Not Voting (4)
-
Brian Skies, MafiaSSK, Cephrir, Generic

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Deadline is on December 20th at 3:45 PM EST or in (expired on 2013-12-20 16:44:27)

Mod Notes
-
Casso the King of Seals is V/LA until the 22nd. Varsoon head of Stuffed Crust V/LA until January 25th. Cephrir is V/LA until the 22nd. DOMO is V/LA for 48 hours. goodmorning is V/LA until Wednesday.
Last edited by Empire on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:20 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 2178, pieguyn wrote:so you think there's a good chance of Cephrir scum and Casso town based on what I said?
That's a false pretense. The nachoffery dance sort makes it unlikely BOTH are scum; and I don't see ffery scumreading-then-townreading nacho out the gate. Therefore for now I'm treating them both as town on a tentative basis.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:20 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 2179, KoreanBBQ wrote:you make me sad when you scum read me for F all.
It's actually pretty funny when I scumread you and you get sad. I like causing sads.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:21 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

TONIGHT WE DINE ON MUFFINS!!!
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:22 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

@ Mara, there is no reason why both people in your "pairs" aren't town. I can see why you would say they wouldn't be scum together but I don't discount them being town together. I explained my read in sufficient depth. I am not certain that you are scum, you could potentially be a misguided townie that helped the scum.

@ Tammy, if you don't want to respond to MC, let's try and figure the rest of the game out. I am having trouble pegging Arthur as town or scum and I would like to hear your updated thoughts on Nacho in particular.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:27 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 2185, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:helped the scum.
This ought to be good. Expand on this.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:30 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 2177, MC Maraca wrote:Tammy:

I'm voting who I think is scum; not who I think is getting way too hot and bothered because "omfg how dare they read me wrong don't they know I'm innocent child" You can take your burden of proficiency at reading you onto your plane with you. And lose it in the luggage sorting area. In the great words of andrius, "The only innocents are bodies"
Cabd - You have no idea what my mindset actually is if you think that burden of proficiency of reading me is the problem. You have always attributed it far too simplistically.

Nobody should think they can actually get a read on me by being rude and crossing lines to see if I'll get pissed. Because to think that is to not actually know anything about me.

You want to know something about me? You want a meta tell you can take to the bank? Go read my first few posts. I'm never that happy to be in a game as scum. I'm never just having that much fun with the game as scum. THAT'S what I can't fake. And no I don't enter every game I'm town in that happy, but if I am that happy. I'm town.
mc wrote:I won't pretend to understand exactly what mara did with you; and I personally think it was a bit over the top; but this is a game. Anything and everything that helps me, or my partner, get a read is fair game to me so long as it falls in the game's rul
Well congratulations. Bully for you! How'd that work out for you guys, eh? You got to call me town because I got pissed at someone being rude, oh yay, but oh gosh now I'm a scum read and the result is it caused a distraction and 88 pages later it still reeks of shit and gave me another person I have no desire to play with. Wow that sounds like that worked out so well for you guys. Well, if you're scum it worked out marvelously. If town, no so much.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 2180, MC Maraca wrote:and if you were town, you would understand where my paranoia is coming from and the actual reason to why I was pushing in the first place.

You're not paranoid. It's fake.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Post by pieguyn »

why the hell are we wagoning zmuffin

I'm aware Casso and Ceph are both VLA but we need to lynch scum and considering they're VLA until after deadline we can't let that stop us. there's no reason we should let scum live another day just bc "omg VLA"
In post 2182, MC Maraca wrote:That's a false pretense. The nachoffery dance sort makes it unlikely BOTH are scum; and I don't see ffery scumreading-then-townreading nacho out the gate. Therefore for now I'm treating them both as town on a tentative basis.
wait you mean you're treating both nacho and ffery as town right
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:36 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

We are wagoning Muffin 'cause he's scum and
muffins taste good.

10 bucks says Generic uses the bold to claim I'm back tracking on my Muffin read.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:39 pm

Post by pieguyn »

can you remind me why muffin is scum
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:41 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 2166, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Tammy, do you see any parallels between Arthur's play here and in Black Flag Nightless?
Oh gosh. That game was so long ago and Arthur's meta has changed so much since then, and he's gone through more than one playstyle shift since then.

The last game we played together he barely did anything, got investigated and confirmed town, did a lot more of nothing until right before endgame, and then got lynched in LyLo because he wasn't doing enough even though he was confirmed town.

So, basically I'll need way more on Arthur until I can feel good one way or the other. But, even through the meta changes, one thing that has remained constant in how to read Arthur is to look at how he's reading other people and why.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:43 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

He has a town read on me.

+

I think Mara is on my team.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:44 pm

Post by The Purple Plague »

I think you're on my team, too <3
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:45 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 2194, The Purple Plague wrote:I think you're on my team, too <3

ohshit
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:45 pm

In post 2186, MC Maraca wrote:
Based off your attacks, Tammy has been running at less than full steam, or at least, not as smoothly as she was in Empire's last game. The fact that you attacked her as a sort of reaction test shows that you know she would likely get upset. You intentionally wanted her to get upset so you could get a read or pretend to get one and move on. The ultimate effect of what you did was scum-sided although I am not fully sure if that was your initial motivation. Perhaps you actually thought as town that you could rile her up, develop a read and move on, with no effect to the gamestate. That brings me to the question: what exactly was your intent at the beginning. What was your ideal outcome?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:48 pm

In post 2192, Tammy wrote:
In post 2166, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Tammy, do you see any parallels between Arthur's play here and in Black Flag Nightless?
Oh gosh. That game was so long ago and Arthur's meta has changed so much since then, and he's gone through more than one playstyle shift since then.

The last game we played together he barely did anything, got investigated and confirmed town, did a lot more of nothing until right before endgame, and then got lynched in LyLo because he wasn't doing enough even though he was confirmed town.

So, basically I'll need way more on Arthur until I can feel good one way or the other. But, even through the meta changes, one thing that has remained constant in how to read Arthur is to look at how he's reading other people and why.
I thought the major difference was in the way he approached his read on you. I remembered he initially came out aggressively pushing players going so far as to later admit that he was bs'ing reads upon an initial catchup. I felt it different from here although I think checking his more recent completed games would help.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:52 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

I wanted to call her scum, and not obv-town as I thought she would be as town to get some kind of reaction out of her. Didn't think the reaction would surpass 20~ pages, and I defintely didn't think my attack was that strong to begin with.

the ideal outcome was to get a reaction, not for it to get out of hand. I thought that, I could rile her up, and then get it to diffuse fast enough so that it wouldn't effect the game state and in any case, I didn't think she was obvtown, and I don't think it helped scum because I was scum in empire's last game and I don't think it helped us at all. I think it actually made things harder for fonz to continue on with the game for us
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 2196, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 2186, MC Maraca wrote:
Based off your attacks, Tammy has been running at less than full steam, or at least, not as smoothly as she was in Empire's last game. The fact that you attacked her as a sort of reaction test shows that you know she would likely get upset. You intentionally wanted her to get upset so you could get a read or pretend to get one and move on. The ultimate effect of what you did was scum-sided although I am not fully sure if that was your initial motivation. Perhaps you actually thought as town that you could rile her up, develop a read and move on, with no effect to the gamestate. That brings me to the question: what exactly was your intent at the beginning. What was your ideal outcome?
but this? this isn't what you said in the first place.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”