NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:36 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Town: pieguyn, Maracabd, geists, Casso, goodmorning.
Null: Everyone else.
No scumreads.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 1, Votecount 42
Stuffed Crust (4)
-
KoreanBBQ, Sakura Hana, DOMO, Desperado

Casso the King of Seals (3)
-
zMuffinMan, goodmorning, pieguyn

zMuffinMan (2)
-
Casso the King of Seals, Ser Arthur Dayne

MC Maraca (2)
-
Tammy, F-16_Fighting_Falcon

pieguyn (1)
-
MC Maraca

Cephrir (1)
-
geists

DOMO (1)
-
BROseidon

KoreanBBQ (1)
-
roflcopter

Desperado (1)
-
Stuffed Crust

Not Voting (4)
-
Brian Skies, MafiaSSK, Cephrir, Generic

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Deadline is on December 20th at 3:45 PM EST or in (expired on 2013-12-20 16:44:27)

Mod Notes
-
Casso the King of Seals is V/LA until the 22nd. Varsoon head of Stuffed Crust V/LA until January 25th. Cephrir is V/LA until the 22nd. DOMO is V/LA for 48 hours.
Last edited by Empire on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Also, calling it "fanning the flames" is a bit unfair considering you specifically asked for my reasons for pushing MC.

Sakura, can you explain your townreads on Maracabd, Casso, and Goodmorning?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Maracabd because i feels like Town Mara, and Cabd's gambit feels like Town Cabd, Casso considering the way Nacho/Thor have been interacting and pushing people, goodmorning is mostly gut.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Why didnt you ask for my townread on pieguy?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:41 pm

I was most curious about those 4 since I am not townreading any of them.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:43 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Except you asked me for 3, oh well mayb i misinterpreted the post you had made before i came back.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2122, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Glad we agree on Pieguyn. I am trying to stay away from conflict as well after my battle with Bulb in that Micro game. My scumread on Maraca has nothing to do with any conflicts I might have with them although I am annoyed by their stunt which may have influenced my read. I'll rethink that issue although I still find them scummier than Stuffed and Pie. I am having trouble seeing who would be a better lynch today. What are your thoughts on who should be lynched today?
My vote is on Ceph.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Also, calling it "fanning the flames" is a bit unfair considering you specifically asked for my reasons for pushing MC.
At the very least it was distinctly uncharitable.

@Nacho

We talked about the differences in Cabd's town and scum gambits a few games back. What are your thoughts about his RVS-phase breadcrumbs from that perspective?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:24 pm

In post 2132, geists wrote:My vote is on Ceph.
Can you talk me through your scumread on Ceph? I read through an ISO where he was scum and am in the process of doing one where he was town. I think it would help if I get a springboard to base my meta-analysis of him.
In post 2132, geists wrote:At the very least it was distinctly uncharitable.
I found their gambit overall harmful. I am saying it like it is.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2095, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I know Muffin p much squeaked by you in Touhou bc of a completely unexpected extra scumkill and I'm expecting you to be ready to get him back, so I'm watching your interactions with him;
ftfy <3

I blame a combination of laziness and being overwhelmed with so many people. plus (I assume it was Thor) Thor had said his entrance looked slightly town and I was a bit confused about who was reading who as what
In post 2095, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I'll note that I didn't even come close to voting you, was just poking at you a bit: why did you feel that I wasn't trying to sort you?
huh I thought that was Thor. mostly because of "Pie guy", I've never seen you say my name like that @_@

bc that post came
after Thor (?) voted me
and I thought the post was by Thor. however, it makes a bit more sense if it was Thor who voted me and that post was from you. it seems like it could be another case of hydra dissonance, but I'm not letting you off the hook for that. it seems way too easy for scum to play that card and I still think Thor is scum
In post 2095, Casso the King of Seals wrote:You'll find this is Thor's usual game and it is a large part of the reason of why he is more likely to succeed as scum.
so Thor always misreps, discredits, and uses scare tactics to get people lynched? like I know some people are more aggressive but what he did makes sense from a scum motivation and idk what town motivation he could have behind all that.

also, the "aggression" wasn't all there was to it - there were some subtleties that made me think he was trying to cover up his true intent. the discrediting with the 1v1 and his implication that there was nothing left to do today sold this point for me. I'd almost like to say the 1v1 was a scumslip bc it implies we're opposite alignments but that's kinda meh
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:39 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2128, Sakura Hana wrote:Casso considering the way Nacho/Thor have been interacting and pushing people
go back read my case on Thor try again

especially how subtle he was about some of it, indicating he's trying to cover up his true intent. even if Thor is an aggressive player, I don't see the town motivation for half the shit he did 0.0

@geists:
explain Casso town plz. also, do you think a Casso + Ceph team makes sense in the context of Ceph's interactions with SC way back when? it looked like he was defending Casso and then when I asked he claimed he wasn't. then when I showed examples of him defending Casso he started giving weird responses and then .......wait

hold on a second
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by pieguyn »

WARNING: QUOTEWALL

I highly suggest you read it tho cause either it's p telling or I'm insane

Spoiler:
In post 1722, pieguyn wrote:it's not the tunneling, it's how you were defending all the other possible lynch options, and acting like varsoon was the only one up for lynch. I guess that could be tunneling but I don't consider defending everyone else on top of that to fall under the definition of tunneling
In post 1729, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1722, pieguyn wrote:it's not the tunneling, it's how you were defending all the other possible lynch options, and acting like varsoon was the only one up for lynch. I guess that could be tunneling but I don't consider defending everyone else on top of that to fall under the definition of tunneling
All one of them?
here I start poking at Cephrir. it seems like he was defending everyone but SC, and also seems like he's defending Thor while scumreading him
In post 1765, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1758, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:@ Maraca, in hindsight I don't like your push on Tammy. You are presenting the goal as pro-town (Tammy looks obvtown after your push). But Tammy looks obvtown in many games even when not accused of being scum. The only thing your push did was discourage a competent town player from posting much which subtly eliminates a threat without having to nightkill her just by breaking her. Tammy is right that her FOS on you would likely be taken less seriously because you upset her and you come out looking good from the exchange for having done this "pro-town" thing of making Tammy look obvtown. Your push looks like it served a scum wincon much more than a town one. I miss Tammy's contributions to the game (she is the only one I have a mutual townread on so probably the only one I can work with at this point) and I am not happy with it. Your read on Rofl makes no sense. How does Rofl look town?
I seriously doubt their intentions were this nefarious even if they're scum.
In post 1761, pieguyn wrote:
In post 1729, Cephrir wrote:All one of them?
that's a blatant fucking lie. I'm almost positive you defended Casso at some point
In post 1424, Cephrir wrote:And this is scummy because:

with this in mind:
In post 1730, Cephrir wrote:[also I did acknowledge Casso as an option several times]
why would you suddenly defend someone who you'd be fine with lynching? I don't understand 0.0
Because I didn't suddenly defend them. That post was an "I don't get what your point is" not an "I disagree". It was then suitably explained.
here he denies defending Casso
In post 1779, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1768, pieguyn wrote:get you, but IMO it seems odd that you'd be that inquisitive about smth someone you were townreading said. especially when it's implicating someone you'd be ok with lynching. it doesn't seem like the kind of thing someone would usually focus on. it seems weird for me 0.0

looking through your ISO, it wasn't just that post. there's another case of it here
In post 1421, Cephrir wrote:I see what you're saying but personally eh.
this seems like a more blatant defense - from what I can see, you're saying what DOMO pointed out was explicitly not scummy. can you explain plz
I'm not sure exactly how to put this, but it seems like you think a townie's thoughts have to all be consistent and they would never undercut their own established viewpoint in the slightest, because they want their points to carry more weight? So like, if I thought a suspect of mine did something townie for instance, I'm supposed to not point it out for fear of damaging my own case? And that isn't how I work.

Also, I wouldn't say the baove post counts as defensive, it's just "that point isn't something I want to vote on" but your mileage may vary
here I show a way more blatant example of Cephrir defending Casso and push harder. he strawmans my statement into the first statement, rather than addressing it directly, when it wouldn't be that hard to just say "that's not how I roll"
In post 1781, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Went back to look at 66+67 and the Desp vote.
That looks really skeevy and Desp fails to address Stuffed's pretty excellent counter of Desp's "case"

Also looked at Pie's vote, it's more boring to me, kind of a mush mouth hop on at worst and at best.

Let's lynch one of them, I don't recall Nacho declaring either of their meta's sacrosanct yet.
THEN TWO POSTS LATER CASSO COMES IN AND ACCUSES ME
In post 1782, Casso the King of Seals wrote:@Ceph - I find you scummy and your wagon on Stuffed bad. Please justify him being scum. Go, go, go!
when he was apparently scumreading Cephrir the whole time
In post 1794, geists wrote:
In post 1790, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I feel like that was a cruel game to make me iso someone for no purpose.

What's your read on Desp and the Stuffed Crust wagon right now?
Also a read on Ceph.
Stuff Crust is town unless GiF tells me otherwise.

Desp I am leaning town on for sort of contra-meta reasons.

Ceph I'm doing a reset on, but I think I'll still settle on town.

pieguyn is actually worrying me some.

I'm working on a reads list. After Nati and I have a chance to go through it in detail, one of us will post it.
In post 1796, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1794, geists wrote:pieguyn is actually worrying me some.
Unvote: Korean BBQ
Vote: pieguy
THEN STARTS THE WAGON ON ME, DESPITE THE FACT THAT I'M POKING AT HIS SCUMREAD. AND OH LOOK HIS VOTE WASN'T EVEN ON CEPHRIR
In post 1798, Casso the King of Seals wrote:You didn't ask, but my case is 'eh, why not?'
with the reason "eh, why not?"? WTF
In post 1914, Cephrir wrote:I think I am beginning to agree with this, his questioning of me felt kind of robotic
AND THEN CEPHRIR COMES IN AND POSTURES FOR A JUMP ON MY WAGON

so yeah - as soon as I start poking around and making Cephrir all antsy in comes Thor with the wagon on me, and sure enough Cephrir is all of a sudden magically fine with jumping on there with a sketchy reason, DESPITE THE FACT THAT HE HAD ME IN HIS TOWNPILE BEFORE

discuss?
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:09 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

So my gambit expired a shitton of pages ago, and F-16 chooses to vote me over it..... now that tammy is voting me and others have expressed some sort of interest? Yawn.
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

Oh also thank you for towning pie.

UNVOTE:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:15 pm

Pie, I'll wait for Cephrir to answer to that. I specifically want to know why the switch from Pie-town to hopping onto the wagon.

Right now, I am most comfortable with Tammy, Pie, and Stuffed as town. We need to sort out who the best lynch is from here.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:17 pm

In post 2137, MC Maraca wrote:So my gambit expired a shitton of pages ago, and F-16 chooses to vote me over it..... now that tammy is voting me and others have expressed some sort of interest? Yawn.
Yes, exactly. If nobody else wants to vote you, pushing your lynch would be a waste of effort and best put off for the next day.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2138, MC Maraca wrote:Oh also thank you for towning pie.

UNVOTE:
wanna lynch Casso with us? or Cephrir?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2139, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Pie, I'll wait for Cephrir to answer to that. I specifically want to know why the switch from Pie-town to hopping onto the wagon.
here's the only answer he ever gave iirc
In post 1914, Cephrir wrote:I think I am beginning to agree with this, his questioning of me felt kind of robotic
also note how delayed it was. my questioning of him ended at . in the time in between we had a vote on Casso, a vote on SC, then an unvote. and note how in that exact post he was quoting maraca's vote on me, that is, the second vote on my wagon. he's posturing to join my wagon now that it's accelerating

note how he never actually joined my wagon. he's subtly pushing it along bc it'd look bad if they all piled on me immediately
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 2141, pieguyn wrote:

UNVOTE:
wanna lynch Casso with us? or Cephrir?
I'm less sure now that nachoffery sorting dance happened of my scumread there. I could probably sheep you onto cephrir. Mara's kinda AWOL so what the hey.

VOTE: cephri
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:53 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 2140, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 2137, MC Maraca wrote:So my gambit expired a shitton of pages ago, and F-16 chooses to vote me over it..... now that tammy is voting me and others have expressed some sort of interest? Yawn.
Yes, exactly. If nobody else wants to vote you, pushing your lynch would be a waste of effort and best put off for the next day.
Meh. You're not really doing ~awesome~ this game like I expected you might. Like you've yet to invite me to a meta dance, you've done one half asses meta report on anyone, and your "omg cabd is scum here's meta on his gambits and why this is a scum gambit" post seems to have gotten eaten by C:\dev\null so you can repost it.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

What the Balloney? Could you explain how your mind went from:
In post 1912, MC Maraca wrote:I want our vote here, the most I think
To:
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:57 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 2145, Sakura Hana wrote:What the Balloney? Could you explain how your mind went from:
In post 1912, MC Maraca wrote:I want our vote here, the most I think
To:
Probably the pie posts between post 1912 and 2138; if I were a guessing man. Also that first post was mara and she sucks at this whole town thing.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by Cephrir »

We can't wait to wagon me until I'm actually here? That's just rude guys.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:14 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I gather I am being voted for being Casso's scumbuddy? Please tell me how that is logical in any way?

My ability to care about this dwindled pretty rapidly.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:15 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I guess ffery and cabd are voting me for being aggressive probably which is fair. They're probably town.
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”