NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:12 am

Post by geists »

In post 1921, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Arthur, I generally townhunt much more than I scumhunt and try to catch scum through POE, so I am going to end up defending a lot more than attacking. My post about Tammy/Maraca was probably one of my most heartfelt ones in this game and I don't like the dismissal of it as whiteknighting.

I got the opposite impression from Pieguyn's posts. It felt as if he was scumhunting constantly right from the moment he replaced in. He came in, questioning Sakura, then moved onto DOMO, and then to StuffedCrust. He seemed to have plenty of cases and he listed quite a few scumreads in his reads list. Tell me how he has done 0 scunhunting.
There are some things I feel are missing from his play this game compared to the two completed games I have with him. I know he's mentioned that he feels lost in larger games, but I'm not sure why a larger game would contribute to what I feel is missing.
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:20 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

In post 1922, Desperado wrote:
In post 1920, Stuffed Crust wrote:Furthermore, I can't really see how that's alignment indicative.
you being unable to keep up with the bullshit that you spin as scum is hella alignment indicative

you slipped all over the place in xenogears, to the point where i couldn't even be fucked to point them all out to everyone in my dogged pursuit of bussing you

i let you get away in calvin and hobbes and it isn't happening again
Well, the problem is that I'm not scum this game, so you can't really bus me,
and my bullshit is less 'spun' and more just me trying to find scum.
:D

-V
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:35 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 1921, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I got the opposite impression from Pieguyn's posts. It felt as if he was scumhunting constantly right from the moment he replaced in. He came in, questioning Sakura, then moved onto DOMO, and then to StuffedCrust. He seemed to have plenty of cases and he listed quite a few scumreads in his reads list. Tell me how he has done 0 scunhunting.
Yeah but like

Do you SEE those.

1) They look terribly fake.

2) They look like that thing scum do where they focus on one person and ignore everything else and so they can LOOK like they're actually scumhunting and putting effort while they are literally bouncing off thoughts with one person.

3) There's a difference between attacking people and scumhunting. Scumhunting that leads you to form a scumread on someone actually requires attempt to convince people to vote someone to create pressure and get a reaction.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:36 am

In post 1926, Stuffed Crust wrote:
In post 1922, Desperado wrote:
In post 1920, Stuffed Crust wrote:Furthermore, I can't really see how that's alignment indicative.
you being unable to keep up with the bullshit that you spin as scum is hella alignment indicative

you slipped all over the place in xenogears, to the point where i couldn't even be fucked to point them all out to everyone in my dogged pursuit of bussing you

i let you get away in calvin and hobbes and it isn't happening again
Well, the problem is that I'm not scum this game, so you can't really bus me,
and my bullshit is less 'spun' and more just me trying to find scum.

-V
Okay so like

who do you think is scum.

Because I don't think I have seen a post that wasn't about defending yourself since I entered the game.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:37 am

Well I mean other than the one where you explain your read on Generic which I asked you about but etc.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:38 am

In post 1924, Generic wrote: I was third into geists. And my first three votes were held for a significant period.

But I have isoed you and found you have tactual oh also argued against the accusations amongst the bullshit. So that was a misrep on my part.

And your assessment of me I like a lot, even though I actually think my efforts are better than sub par.

unvote
This is quite a bad post for a multitude of reasons.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:38 am

Post by Desperado »

give us three
;)
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:39 am

Post by MC Maraca »

Wait; somebody actually non-ironically thought mara was me? For shame.
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:40 am

In post 1931, Desperado wrote:give us three
No wtf I'm trying to get a reaction why do you ruin everything.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:44 am

Generic how

a) impulsive are you.

and b) reflective are you.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:59 am

Post by Generic »

In post 1934, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Generic how

a) impulsive are you.

and b) reflective are you.
Very

Very

I'm borderline autistic. Im making the effort in this one not to descend into my usual black cloud of chaos. I can either take the game seriously and try to read people, or I can get bogged down in fights and name calling.

A few around here know this well, ask desperado
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:04 am

Post by Generic »

Were you wanting me to react to you calling my post bad?

I'm not overly bothered while you are catching up, and I expected someone to say it was bad because I retracted my vote after he declared I jump on hot wagons. But I am not about to stay on the wagon just to avoid heat for a decision I felt was fair since I had voted on a misrep.
If you don't like it that's up to you , I'm following what I think is best.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:07 am

Okay that's actually a pretty genuine post.

Pedit: the first. The second can easily be faked as scum so eh.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by pieguyn »

wait what the fuck ffery is actually misreading me? what the fuck is going on I don't even
In post 1800, geists wrote:But, I find it odd that he hasn't buttonholed me so far. IME, he's been in a hurry to sort me.
I got a townread on you early on and I'm p sure of it. there were some things you did that seem like they wouldn't come from scum-you. iirc trying to get people off the DOMO wagon and your push on Nacho. basically I tried to form a set of townreads early on that I wouldn't have to worry about later bc I don't think I could handle scumhunting elsewhere while simultaneously looking in my townreads to make sure they were all correct.

I was wondering for a while about you not townreading me, but I was waiting for some opportunistic scum to hop on the pie-scum train before drawing any attention to it. seems like it worked well enough
In post 1861, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Pie guy vote seems pretty gowiththeflow. Why didn't you question me about my muffin read? I would expect you to be especially interested in it, but you didn't even attempt to address it.
I had too much other shit to do. iirc I was focusing on Cephrir and SC at that point, so I figured I'd let you handle muffin for the time being

I love how when it looks like a wagon on me might start up you find some reason for accusing me. seriously, you're accusing me bc of smth I didn't do bc I didn't do it, and ignoring everything I have done besides the SC vote. essentially, you're just taking reasons at your own convenience, rather than trying to determine my alignment. this doesn't seem legitimate
In post 1912, MC Maraca wrote:I was talking about this list, though

VOTE: Pie

I want our vote here, the most I think
explain why plz
In post 1919, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Actually I'm down with Pie.

Vote: Pie

Nearly 0 scumhunting, and the only case/scumread is on the dude with the largest wagon :|

Like I don't actually get the feeling they have any interest of solving this game.
what the fuck?
I've been trying to sort most of the players the whole game. I started by getting a bunch of townreads and trying to verify they were all correct, and then I've been pushing on people since then. you completely left out the part where I've been pushing on other people besides SC and how I expressed several scumreads that weren't SC.

also, if you haven't read the thread, then how the fuck would you get the idea I've done "nearly 0 scumhunting"?
In post 1925, geists wrote:There are some things I feel are missing from his play this game compared to the two completed games I have with him. I know he's mentioned that he feels lost in larger games, but I'm not sure why a larger game would contribute to what I feel is missing.
can you elaborate plz
In post 1927, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:1) They look terribly fake.
bullshit
In post 1927, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:2) They look like that thing scum do where they focus on one person and ignore everything else and so they can LOOK like they're actually scumhunting and putting effort while they are literally bouncing off thoughts with one person.
and why the fuck do you think this is alignment indicative?

I'm basically running an algorithm here. I'm trying to sort each player one at a time since I know I'll get completely lost if I try to do everyone at once. however, it's noted how you try to pass this off as smth that unconditionally comes from scum motivation, rather than trying to figure out the motivation behind my actions
In post 1927, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:3) There's a difference between attacking people and scumhunting. Scumhunting that leads you to form a scumread on someone actually requires attempt to convince people to vote someone to create pressure and get a reaction.
WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?!

tl;dr: your reasons for accusing me are BS. your push on me is opportunistic as fuck
vote: ser arthur

ok so how the fuck have none of you noticed that Casso and Ser Arthur just came up with this wagon on me out of nowhere? that's giving me really bad vibes. it feels like scum lining up a mislynch. I'm not sure about Casso considering Thor hadn't read a lot of the thread, but Ser Arthur is scum and I'm sure of it. sheep me plz o/
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by Stuffed Crust »

Ser Arthur, I appreciate your new profile image.
People that I have conviction about being scum and want to see lynched:
Desperado
KoreanBBQ
Mc Maraca

People that I'm suspicious of and want to see pressured:
Pretty much all you guys, but especially
Cephrir
Pieguyn
Casso
Sakura
zMuffin
Goodmorning

S'bout it.
Mac's been town-reading people. The major concern he's voiced is that he's really suspicious of Mc Maraca.
Mac's also been drinking a lot and hasn't been on the forums much, so we're pretty overdue for a re-sync on this game.

-V
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:16 pm

Post by Stuffed Crust »

Pieguyn, you've got to consider that if Casso and S.A.D. were scum that wanted a mislynch, they'd just push me.
Casso's been calling me town for awhile now (I think),
and while Ser Arthur Dayne did actually put a vote on me, it looks like it's much more for pressure than for a push.

Although, I guess that argument hinges on my exclusive knowledge that I'm town, so,
eeeeh.

For what it's worth, I feel like the pieguyn wagon isn't very fierce.
I like the reactions it's getting, though.

-V
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

ser is prob town
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 1939, Stuffed Crust wrote:Mac's been town-reading people. The major concern he's voiced is that he's really suspicious of Mc Maraca.
me too

did he say why?
;)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:21 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

varsoon wrote:People that I have conviction about being scum and want to see lynched:
Desperado
KoreanBBQ
Mc Maraca
either your reads suck or mine do, and i'm thinking it's yours because i'm awesome
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1940, Stuffed Crust wrote:Pieguyn, you've got to consider that if Casso and S.A.D. were scum that wanted a mislynch, they'd just push me.
Casso's been calling me town for awhile now (I think),
and while Ser Arthur Dayne did actually put a vote on me, it looks like it's much more for pressure than for a push.
it looked like the wagon on you was losing steam, so it doesn't seem too unlikely scum moved on someone else. I'm not sure about Casso considering Thor hadn't read a lot of the thread, but SAD's push on me is complete BS. so I'm inclined to think he's scum

@zmuffin:
explain plz
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

the ser read? i don't agree with his read on you but i don't think he's scummy for it, and the way he's forming reads looks town
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by pieguyn »

also I wouldn't be surprised if maraca was scum either

she didn't even have a reason for jumping on my wagon, nor has she had any concrete reason for suspecting me the whole game
zMuffinMan wrote:the ser read? i don't agree with his read on you but i don't think he's scummy for it, and the way he's forming reads looks town
so you think he, as town, made a judgement about the way I was playing without even reading the thread? I can't see how someone could draw a legitimate conclusion based off that

and he blatantly misrep'd me by saying I didn't have a scumread or case on anyone besides SC
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i think he is reading the thread, though? or at least reading ISOs?

the tammy/goodmorning reads suggests he's either reading the start of the thread or going through their ISOs, as does him mentioning the way maraca's read on brian changed

also he didn't say that last part? unless i'm missing something here?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1919, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Nearly 0 scumhunting, and the only case/scumread is on the dude with the largest wagon
also if he was reading my ISO I'd especially expect him to notice I was pushing other people. 0.0
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by Stuffed Crust »

In post 1942, Desperado wrote:
In post 1939, Stuffed Crust wrote:Mac's been town-reading people. The major concern he's voiced is that he's really suspicious of Mc Maraca.
me too

did he say why?
All he's said on Mc Maraca is "not seeing cabd town yet which bugs me :/"

-V

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”