NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:25 am

Post by Generic »

In post 1739, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 1007, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1005, Generic wrote:Nacho, I'm afraid at present that dance is on hold, because I hadn't factored in that a large game will mean more arguements... For me.

However, one thing I would like to pull you up on, you have barely commented on anything I have posted in this game, and that sing like you at all. What gives? Can't imagine the all mighty nachomamma is scared of me...
I have made essentially two posts this game, Generic.
Unless I'm crazy and really, really suck at telling you two apart, this is a lie. At the point of when this post was made there were at least 5 made by you

though, I am kinda sad that you were unable to tell that I'm the one who asked for your application. not C.

You didn't catch the crumb?

it was pretty blatant Imo and enough so that I think that you would have been able to catch it, easily. Not something I expect from Thor because, while he's smart he isn't the best at reading between the lines.

Though, Thor lying about who you are when asked will prolly through a good amount of town into a huge state of confusion.
In post 1740, MC Maraca wrote:I do need to admit, though, that I'm not exactly seeing eye to eye with Cabd RE you guys and I want that fixed, asap.

Generic, You can't expect Nacho and Thor to play as a single identity as well as try to call them out as their individual heads. it isn't fair to them, and it is pretty damn obvious who is who when you know the people in quesiton
If this is mara you disappoint me.

I can expect a hydra to be treated as a single entity when evaluating the slot, and I can still address a head within it to make a connection or read through prior interaction.

That's perfectly fair since they share an alignment, and if they are scum will be prone to the same general scum tells and with the added advantage that I might hope to see a specific tell within nachos posts.

But I can't tell them apart. It's as simple as that. So what I am seeing is someone within the hydra, possibly both, being rather evasive, defensive and generalising. There is a feel of disconnection which if any of it is nacho is unlike him. He tends to engage a lot more with people and there is this sir of someone skirting around the edge at all times.
One more thing I'm going to look at before I make any further decisions on this.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:26 am

Post by Generic »

Sorry, got the first quote initially and never took it off.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:07 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1677, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1673, Desperado wrote:nope
Then why are you using the same argument against Varsoon that scum-you used against me in Xenogears?

pedit: not really, I play day 1 predominantly by small-scale associative tells to try to build out the larger game narrative.

pedit2: that's because you're forced to respond in the pro-town way to avoid looking scummy. It's like how I can't question day 1 miller/pgo/hated/etc claims until at least day 2-3 because if I do it day 1 then I'm obviously scum.
i don't remember what you're talking about, but it's probably because i was trying to look town in xenogears
In post 1696, Casso the King of Seals wrote: He also created arbitrary dichotomies in Ngame.
Why are you voting them?
In post 1703, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I expected muffin to come in with more blazing glory. Right now he feels more like he did in touhou as opposed to him as the tracer of rails.
why so fixated on ngame?
;)
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:18 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 1777, Desperado wrote:why so fixated on ngame?
Because Nacho literally *lives* in the world of meta.

I'm actually debating him off and on now about how "Tammy doesn't fake emotions".
I mean, seriously, what is that? How the heck can she not fake emotions, it's like in his mind she's a robot when she pulls scum.

Also, I haven't read...so very much of this thread. So I'm just going to skim some stuff now.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:28 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1768, pieguyn wrote:get you, but IMO it seems odd that you'd be that inquisitive about smth someone you were townreading said. especially when it's implicating someone you'd be ok with lynching. it doesn't seem like the kind of thing someone would usually focus on. it seems weird for me 0.0

looking through your ISO, it wasn't just that post. there's another case of it here
In post 1421, Cephrir wrote:I see what you're saying but personally eh.
this seems like a more blatant defense - from what I can see, you're saying what DOMO pointed out was explicitly not scummy. can you explain plz
I'm not sure exactly how to put this, but it seems like you think a townie's thoughts have to all be consistent and they would never undercut their own established viewpoint in the slightest, because they want their points to carry more weight? So like, if I thought a suspect of mine did something townie for instance, I'm supposed to not point it out for fear of damaging my own case? And that isn't how I work.

Also, I wouldn't say the baove post counts as defensive, it's just "that point isn't something I want to vote on" but your mileage may vary
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:29 am

In post 1751, MC Maraca wrote:Tammy's a little more Meh-read now. She was God-town earlier, but holding a grudge on an attack that I had made earlier and not understanding where my paranoia of her is coming from is a little weird. The emotions were, and still are town as Smurf though and isn't something that isn't easily replicated as scum even by me and my ability to replicate most, if not all of my major town-tells is something I have alot of pride over.
Serious question; do you think and/or have ever seen Tammy fake emotions as scum? Because Nacho is acting like that's writ in the stars, and you seem flakey on it, so one of you is talking out your backside as far as the read goes. So whassup with this? She is either emotive and thus gawd town, or she is emotive and able to fake it in which case I'd like one of the meta crowd to slap Nacho in the face with a rolled up newspaper.

I read up from page 70. It all seems quite boring.

We should have lynched someone thirty pages ago.

Nacho and I are still arguing about BBQ (shock, guess which side of the equation Nach is falling on) but he hasn't hard ixnayed me on that one like with Tammy or GM (for some fething reason).

Both of us still agree Stuffed Crust looks town. Looking at Page 70 or so, I still see that like it's coming through pretty clear, so what is this wagon on him about? Is it a brilliant case I'm just missing or what?

Muffin's entrance is weak but slightly townish.

I'm left really 'meh' here, and bored. Have we even managed a single L-1 wagon yet?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:32 am

Went back to look at 66+67 and the Desp vote.
That looks really skeevy and Desp fails to address Stuffed's pretty excellent counter of Desp's "case"

Also looked at Pie's vote, it's more boring to me, kind of a mush mouth hop on at worst and at best.

Let's lynch one of them, I don't recall Nacho declaring either of their meta's sacrosanct yet.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:35 am

@Ceph - I find you scummy and your wagon on Stuffed bad. Please justify him being scum. Go, go, go!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:40 am

Post by Cephrir »

I have been justifying it.

I'm not as convinced as I started out (shhhh its a secret) but still think it's the best wagon by a longshot. If you'd prefer I move to you though perhaps that could be arranged (not really).

It disturbs me that you're scumreading me here after correctly scumreading me in my other two games with you ever (I think my play is pretty different here). I guess you just think I'm scum all the time and I've been giving you too much credit!
Bartleby the Scrivener
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:45 am

The above post is an amazing pile of nothing and also clarifies why I should be scum reading you.

Would you like to link me to one of your Stuffed=scumz posts?
Also, an opinion about the Desp/Stuffed interaction on page 66 (very bottom) through 67 would be interesting to see from you.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:46 am

Post by geists »

In post 1780, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1751, MC Maraca wrote:Tammy's a little more Meh-read now. She was God-town earlier, but holding a grudge on an attack that I had made earlier and not understanding where my paranoia of her is coming from is a little weird. The emotions were, and still are town as Smurf though and isn't something that isn't easily replicated as scum even by me and my ability to replicate most, if not all of my major town-tells is something I have alot of pride over.
Serious question; do you think and/or have ever seen Tammy fake emotions as scum? Because Nacho is acting like that's writ in the stars, and you seem flakey on it, so one of you is talking out your backside as far as the read goes. So whassup with this? She is either emotive and thus gawd town, or she is emotive and able to fake it in which case I'd like one of the meta crowd to slap Nacho in the face with a rolled up newspaper.
I think this is addressed to Mara, but you're also appealing to "one of the meta crowd", so I'll throw my tuppens in.

I've played one game where Tammy was scum. She made a lot of the same declarations of towniness in that game. When players doubted her she used a lot of the same words to assert that she was towntowntown. But, it wasn't the same. There were no strong emotions - anger, surprise, smugness, whatever, fizzing through those posts.

Chosen Mafia: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=31960
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:47 am

I pulled up your ISO and ctrl+f'ed 'Stuffed'

I was not exactly blown away.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:48 am

In post 1785, geists wrote:I've played one game where Tammy was scum. She made a lot of the same declarations of towniness in that game. When players doubted her she used a lot of the same words to assert that she was towntowntown. But, it wasn't the same. There were no strong emotions - anger, surprise, smugness, whatever, fizzing through those posts.
This is mind blowing to me. Tammy should work with me for one game and she'd be unlynchable in her next scum game whenever she so wished it.

I'm not even going to look at the linked game because I doubt I'll be able to spot or care about the "not the same" emotional level.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:51 am

I lied.

I don't even see an emotional blowup in that game for me to even analyze compared to here.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:52 am

Post by geists »

In post 1787, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1785, geists wrote:I've played one game where Tammy was scum. She made a lot of the same declarations of towniness in that game. When players doubted her she used a lot of the same words to assert that she was towntowntown. But, it wasn't the same. There were no strong emotions - anger, surprise, smugness, whatever, fizzing through those posts.
This is mind blowing to me. Tammy should work with me for one game and she'd be unlynchable in her next scum game whenever she so wished it.

I'm not even going to look at the linked game because I doubt I'll be able to spot or care about the "not the same" emotional level.
She said afterwards that it was not her best scum game by quite a stretch, so she may be better at simulating her town reactions than that game would indicate.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:54 am

I feel like that was a cruel game to make me iso someone for no purpose.

What's your read on Desp and the Stuffed Crust wagon right now?
Also a read on Ceph.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1784, Casso the King of Seals wrote: Also, an opinion about the Desp/Stuffed interaction on page 66 (very bottom) through 67 would be interesting to see from you.
I think SC is pretty flagrantly full of shit there, and rereading it makes me feel better about Desperado. Also, they aren't both scum.

I'm not too worried about your opinion because A) I know you can't be pleased from experience and B) if your slot doesn't townread me eventually then it's scum, so I wouldn't really care about its opinion.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:02 am

In post 1791, Cephrir wrote:I think SC is pretty flagrantly full of Smurf there, and rereading it makes me feel better about Desperado.
How is Stuffed full of Smurf? I find his defense quite logical and reasonable, and Desp then ignores it and continues his slap attack. How do you like that all specifically?
In post 1791, Cephrir wrote:B) if your slot doesn't townread me eventually then it's scum, so I wouldn't really care about its opinion.
That's a funny and awkward bit of passive threat/bribery.
Unimpressed.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:03 am

Also, I still don't see that Stuffed case.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:03 am

Post by geists »

In post 1790, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I feel like that was a cruel game to make me iso someone for no purpose.

Also a read on Ceph.
Stuff Crust is town unless GiF tells me otherwise.

Desp I am leaning town on for sort of contra-meta reasons.

Ceph I'm doing a reset on, but I think I'll still settle on town.

pieguyn is actually worrying me some.

I'm working on a reads list. After Nati and I have a chance to go through it in detail, one of us will post it.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:06 am

Post by geists »

In post 1790, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I feel like that was a cruel game to make me iso someone for no purpose.

Also a read on Ceph.
The point of that game was that there was no outburst, not even close, even though some players did express doubts about her, and I think Bert had a vote on her for at least a while.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:30 am

In post 1794, geists wrote:pieguyn is actually worrying me some.
Unvote: Korean BBQ
Vote: pieguy
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:31 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 1794, geists wrote:pieguyn is actually worrying me some.
About this, I dislike Pieguyn's case on StuffedCrust but a lot of his other behavior and total proactiveness and persistent following of leads read town to me. Do you have a scum game of Pieguyn that you are comparing with?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:32 am

You didn't ask, but my case is 'eh, why not?'
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:32 am

What's the roflcoptor case? Is it exciting and does that wagon have any legs?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”