NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:00 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1749, MC Maraca wrote:that break has done wonders
I'm starting to think that i need one myself... again
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:12 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 1274, MC Maraca wrote:
Town:

1. Tammy - More mara's read than mine.
2. geists (fferyllt + Natirasha) -mostly cabd head; you should be ashamed I beat you to a reads list.
4. MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal) oh hey these scumfucks snuck into my townblock?
13. KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain) - mara's read
11. BROseidon - I have my reasons
10. pieguyn - you're not nearly as innocent child status as i'd like though
19. Cephrir - Mara has him down as super duper town
18. DOMO - Meta; being scum with him in 165

Meh:

6. Generic- not as obvtown as I would have hoped, will make mara sort later
9. Stuffed Crust (Mac + Varsoon) - Half of varsoon's shit has pinged me, I dunno.
8. MafiaSSK - the higher level of activity here as opposed to his past town games makes me wonder things.
15. Sakura Hana - Do something super town so I can put you up a rank please.
17. zMuffinMan- I can't read you for shit so I guess I'll just have to wait and see; nothing jumps out so far.

Not so Town:

3. Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665) - Mara disagrees slightly
12. Brian Skies - The dismal amount of effort you're bringing here scares me.
20. Desperado - I'm not seeing the OMG PASSION town desp brings to games. I see "meh make a few posts" then coasting from the Atlantic to the Pacific
5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon - the lack of effort here is surprising me and actually kind of making me sad, worried the fuck out of me

In this game?

7. roflcopter - Bitching about large amounts of posts when that's how some players read each other won't get you anywhere
14. goodmorning - START DOING SHIT LIKE OMG
16. pitoli - SEE GOODMORNING

Oh, I see this was made. Cool

Tammy's a little more Meh-read now. She was God-town earlier, but holding a grudge on an attack that I had made earlier and not understanding where my paranoia of her is coming from is a little weird. The emotions were, and still are town as fuck though and isn't something that isn't easily replicated as scum even by me and my ability to replicate most, if not all of my major town-tells is something I have alot of pride over.

I don't like the Pie read

or the domo read (but that's Rev so my read there is going to be cagey as fuck)

a little bit more happier with Casso and Desp, would even move both of them to maybe town

Down-grade SSK

downgrade muffinman
Downgrade sakura? might keep her where she's at

Uprade Copter to town, maybe. Need to relook at that other normal game I had with him though him being VT there is interesting

Mmm, everything else looks good from my perspective.
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:15 pm

Post by geists »

In post 1743, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 770, geists wrote:DOMO,

Welcome to my townbloc.
I want to know more about this
There was back and forth about this later in the thread. If you still need more after plowing through that, let me know.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:17 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1751, MC Maraca wrote:Uprade Copter to town, maybe.
Wait what.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:33 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1751, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 1274, MC Maraca wrote:
Town:

1. Tammy - More mara's read than mine.
2. geists (fferyllt + Natirasha) -mostly cabd head; you should be ashamed I beat you to a reads list.
4. MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal) oh hey these scumfucks snuck into my townblock?
13. KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain) - mara's read
11. BROseidon - I have my reasons
10. pieguyn - you're not nearly as innocent child status as i'd like though
19. Cephrir - Mara has him down as super duper town
18. DOMO - Meta; being scum with him in 165

Meh:

6. Generic- not as obvtown as I would have hoped, will make mara sort later
9. Stuffed Crust (Mac + Varsoon) - Half of varsoon's shit has pinged me, I dunno.
8. MafiaSSK - the higher level of activity here as opposed to his past town games makes me wonder things.
15. Sakura Hana - Do something super town so I can put you up a rank please.
17. zMuffinMan- I can't read you for shit so I guess I'll just have to wait and see; nothing jumps out so far.

Not so Town:

3. Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665) - Mara disagrees slightly
12. Brian Skies - The dismal amount of effort you're bringing here scares me.
20. Desperado - I'm not seeing the OMG PASSION town desp brings to games. I see "meh make a few posts" then coasting from the Atlantic to the Pacific
5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon - the lack of effort here is surprising me and actually kind of making me sad, worried the fuck out of me

In this game?

7. roflcopter - Bitching about large amounts of posts when that's how some players read each other won't get you anywhere
14. goodmorning - START DOING SHIT LIKE OMG
16. pitoli - SEE GOODMORNING

Oh, I see this was made. Cool

Tammy's a little more Meh-read now. She was God-town earlier, but holding a grudge on an attack that I had made earlier and not understanding where my paranoia of her is coming from is a little weird. The emotions were, and still are town as fuck though and isn't something that isn't easily replicated as scum even by me and my ability to replicate most, if not all of my major town-tells is something I have alot of pride over.

I don't like the Pie read

or the domo read (but that's Rev so my read there is going to be cagey as fuck)

a little bit more happier with Casso and Desp, would even move both of them to maybe town

Down-grade SSK

downgrade muffinman
Downgrade sakura? might keep her where she's at

Uprade Copter to town, maybe. Need to relook at that other normal game I had with him though him being VT there is interesting

Mmm, everything else looks good from my perspective.
I hope everyone sees what these chucklefucks are doing.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:36 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Perhaps you could share with the class?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:36 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

Yeah, I'm feeling pretty blind at the moment.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:50 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 1753, Sakura Hana wrote:
Wait what.
I think Roflcopter is probably town.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

@ Maraca, in hindsight I don't like your push on Tammy. You are presenting the goal as pro-town (Tammy looks obvtown after your push). But Tammy looks obvtown in many games even when not accused of being scum. The only thing your push did was discourage a competent town player from posting much which subtly eliminates a threat without having to nightkill her just by breaking her. Tammy is right that her FOS on you would likely be taken less seriously because you upset her and you come out looking good from the exchange for having done this "pro-town" thing of making Tammy look obvtown. Your push looks like it served a scum wincon much more than a town one. I miss Tammy's contributions to the game (she is the only one I have a mutual townread on so probably the only one I can work with at this point) and I am not happy with it. Your read on Rofl makes no sense. How does Rofl look town?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Post by geists »

In post 1757, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 1753, Sakura Hana wrote:
Wait what.
I think Roflcopter is probably town.
How so?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Post by pieguyn »

@Varsoon:
so you're no longer scumreading me? given you seem to want to work with me, I'd guess that's the case 0.0 can you explain why plz?
In post 1725, Stuffed Crust wrote:Alternatively, there's about 1/5 of the players who aren't very active, so that could skew things completely. There's not really any way to account for that, so I'm ignoring it.

-V
In post 1728, Stuffed Crust wrote:Except that never changed. You're also one out of 19 possible scum, by the way.
If you're talking about the list I made awhile ago, yeah, you were in my scum-tier.
You still are.
Does that mean every time I say "I think X is scum" that I need to include your name there too? If I don't include your name every time I rattle off a scum-read, does that mean I've changed my mind?
Nope.

-V
is it just me or isn't this seem like backpedaling? you provided the first one as an answer to why there weren't more people in your scumlist already. why the flip flop plz?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:19 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1729, Cephrir wrote:All one of them?
that's a blatant fucking lie. I'm almost positive you defended Casso at some point
In post 1424, Cephrir wrote:And this is scummy because:

with this in mind:
In post 1730, Cephrir wrote:[also I did acknowledge Casso as an option several times]
why would you suddenly defend someone who you'd be fine with lynching? I don't understand 0.0
In post 1758, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:@ Maraca, in hindsight I don't like your push on Tammy. You are presenting the goal as pro-town (Tammy looks obvtown after your push). But Tammy looks obvtown in many games even when not accused of being scum. The only thing your push did was discourage a competent town player from posting much which subtly eliminates a threat without having to nightkill her just by breaking her. Tammy is right that her FOS on you would likely be taken less seriously because you upset her and you come out looking good from the exchange for having done this "pro-town" thing of making Tammy look obvtown. Your push looks like it served a scum wincon much more than a town one. I miss Tammy's contributions to the game (she is the only one I have a mutual townread on so probably the only one I can work with at this point) and I am not happy with it. Your read on Rofl makes no sense. How does Rofl look town?
that's a really really good point and I'm inclined to agree
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:55 pm

Post by Stuffed Crust »

@Pieguyn: I think some of the plays/votes you've made are awkward and scum-motivated, but I'm not really passionate about pushing your wagon. I like working with people in general, yo.

@Tammy: Hey, I started playing right after you stopped. Please stay active, yo! I also don't like Mc Maraca, so high-fives!

-V
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:05 pm

Post by pieguyn »

what scum motivation do you see in my plays?

as I said before I suck in large games and I feel I tend to get lost easily, so I tend to just hop on wagons and hope for the best. so that might explain why some votes I've made seem awkward, cause they probably are \:D/

can you plz answer my points about you in ? I especially want an explanation for this one
In post 1717, pieguyn wrote:so you thought that scum-DOMO moved his vote onto scum-Desp to quell a wagon against himself? ok
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:08 pm

Post by Stuffed Crust »

Mostly what you've mentioned there. :P

I'll go do a quote point by point.
Or something.
I should sleep.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:16 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1758, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:@ Maraca, in hindsight I don't like your push on Tammy. You are presenting the goal as pro-town (Tammy looks obvtown after your push). But Tammy looks obvtown in many games even when not accused of being scum. The only thing your push did was discourage a competent town player from posting much which subtly eliminates a threat without having to nightkill her just by breaking her. Tammy is right that her FOS on you would likely be taken less seriously because you upset her and you come out looking good from the exchange for having done this "pro-town" thing of making Tammy look obvtown. Your push looks like it served a scum wincon much more than a town one. I miss Tammy's contributions to the game (she is the only one I have a mutual townread on so probably the only one I can work with at this point) and I am not happy with it. Your read on Rofl makes no sense. How does Rofl look town?
I seriously doubt their intentions were this nefarious even if they're scum.
In post 1761, pieguyn wrote:
In post 1729, Cephrir wrote:All one of them?
that's a blatant fucking lie. I'm almost positive you defended Casso at some point
In post 1424, Cephrir wrote:And this is scummy because:

with this in mind:
In post 1730, Cephrir wrote:[also I did acknowledge Casso as an option several times]
why would you suddenly defend someone who you'd be fine with lynching? I don't understand 0.0
Because I didn't suddenly defend them. That post was an "I don't get what your point is" not an "I disagree". It was then suitably explained.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:22 pm

Post by Stuffed Crust »

so you thought that scum-DOMO moved his vote onto scum-Desp to quell a wagon against himself? ok
IF they're both Scum, it'd be the move I would make if scum-Desp was bussing me. You can imagine a hypothetical cross-bus between Cephrir and I (That was you, right?) but not this?

part of me thinks this cockiness is smth that is associated with the town varsoon I've seen. however, I haven't seen scum varsoon, so idk if he does this as scum too. can someone answer this plz
I'd like some of my scum games but... woooooork. Just go to my profile and look at games I've played. Ones that come to mind are... Calvin and Hobbes, Empking Mafia, 3p Lylo, Open 526 (I think that's the number), N's shitty Joke Smalltown, and Xenogears.

this seems too safe. why wait until after F-16 posted to give your thoughts on this? you had opportunities before to weigh in on this, so this seems like flow-going
Was more focused on other things at the time. F-16 brought it back up and I remembered thinking, "Oh yeah, I never catch crumbs, and even when I do, the proper thing to do is to just not mention 'em."

well you're not brushing off DOMO's attack on you so
'cus I thought DOMO was scum. B-Sides, I was attacking him, then criticizing his attack on me. The whole ordeal actually reminded me way too much of our back and forth in Touhou Imperishable Night

so you left out the part where my vote on you was placed before you made any posts in this thread at all, explicitly because you hadn't made any posts
I kinda forgot about that. I thought that you stayed on my wagon after I started posting because you thought I was scummy beyond that point, which made jumping off of my wagon a bit weird. I expected more conviction?

you have some explaining to do about this plz
Already explained this up and down. T-T

and now you're flip flopping on him? this backoff feels fake as fuck
How do you step off of a scum-read you were really confident of one moment, then start to feel wrong about? Sorry that it doesn't hit all the right bells and whistles, I'm not really trying to look good here.

pretty much I was trying to troll him bc every game we've played he's won and I've lost and if we're opposite alignments again I especially wanna get him this time :>
Aww, trolling isn't an excuuuuse. To be honest, I do expect more zMuffin. In every game so far, I've gut-read him as scum. That isn't happening here, and he doesn't have much presence. It's weird.

Wheh.
Hope that answers and helps and stuff.

-V
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 1, Votecount 36
Stuffed Crust (6)
-
Cephrir, KoreanBBQ, Sakura Hana, DOMO, Desperado, pieguyn

KoreanBBQ (3)
-
MafiaSSK, Casso the King of Seals, roflcopter

roflcopter (2)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, goodmorning

DOMO (2)
-
BROseidon, Generic

Desperado (1)
-
Stuffed Crust

MC Maraca (1)
-
pitoli

Not Voting (5)
-
zMuffinMan, MC Maraca, Brian Skies, Tammy, geists

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Deadline is on December 20th at 3:45 PM EST or in (expired on 2013-12-20 16:44:27)

Mod Notes
-
Ms Marangal head of MC Maraca is V/LA for a week. Sakura Hana is V/LA until Monday. KoreanBBQ are V/LA until Sunday.

Prodding MafiaSSK.
Last edited by Empire on Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:10 pm

Post by pieguyn »

get you, but IMO it seems odd that you'd be that inquisitive about smth someone you were townreading said. especially when it's implicating someone you'd be ok with lynching. it doesn't seem like the kind of thing someone would usually focus on. it seems weird for me 0.0

looking through your ISO, it wasn't just that post. there's another case of it here
In post 1421, Cephrir wrote:I see what you're saying but personally eh.
this seems like a more blatant defense - from what I can see, you're saying what DOMO pointed out was explicitly not scummy. can you explain plz
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:11 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1766, Stuffed Crust wrote:IF they're both Scum, it'd be the move I would make if scum-Desp was bussing me. You can imagine a hypothetical cross-bus between Cephrir and I (That was you, right?) but not this?
if DOMO was doing what you said then from what I could tell the main scum motivation would be to dodge a wagon. so by redirecting onto Desp, what would it accomplish? it'd just put more pressure on his scumbuddy instead of him. if scum was trying to dodge attention, I don't get what the point is on just taking the suspicion off one of them and promptly putting it on another one, since it doesn't help them dodge anything

it was goodmorning, although I don't think it's too unlikely either
In post 1766, Stuffed Crust wrote:How do you step off of a scum-read you were really confident of one moment, then start to feel wrong about? Sorry that it doesn't hit all the right bells and whistles, I'm not really trying to look good here.
idk but not by throwing dirt at them like in . it feels like smth that could come from caught scum way more easily than town having an epiphany
In post 1766, Stuffed Crust wrote:Already explained this up and down. T-T
can you give me anything specific? I saw your post quoting the posts he made, but I wanna know if there's anything specific within those posts 0.0
In post 1766, Stuffed Crust wrote:I kinda forgot about that. I thought that you stayed on my wagon after I started posting because you thought I was scummy beyond that point, which made jumping off of my wagon a bit weird. I expected more conviction?
if you forgot about my reason for voting you, then why did you have a reason my vote on you was scummy which INCLUDES my original reason for voting you?

that is, you think my vote is scummy bc I stayed on you after you started posting, which implies you knew my vote on you was bc you weren't posting 0.0

also, I went vla before you started posting. then in my massive quote wall catchup post when I came back I jumped off you and on DOMO. this was the first chance I had to jump off your wagon, so I really wasn't even staying on your wagon in the first place = =
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Post by pieguyn »

ohi happy birthday Empire \:D/
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:17 pm

Post by Stuffed Crust »

Ah, well, then I'm retarded and my analysis of your voting is completely wrong?
I wasn't aware of your V/LA. I thought you just kinda lurked things out for awhile there.

Can't really get more specific than those quotes and what I've already written. :/

I was scum with Desperado in Xenogears and I think a similar thing happened between us more than once in that game.

Anyways, I'm tired, so I'm probably going to clock out.
Also, gonna plug my 5-man micro game that's in signups right now in the micro queue. Sign up for it, it'll be fun.
As always, <3

-V
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:43 pm

Post by pieguyn »

after looking back, I fked up. turns out my vla was after you started posting. nvm that @_@

it was probably bc I didn't see anything that made me want to move my vote anywhere else then. idr the exact specifics
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:34 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

town: maraca, bro, geists, tammy, f16, pieguy, koreanbbq, generic, varsoon, cephrir
maybe also domo. and maybe also desp

{casso, mafiassk, brian skies, goodmorning, sakura, pitoli, roflcopter}
haven't really sorted this yet

don't particularly like most of the main wagons atm
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:43 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

i think i wanna go with this for now

Vote: casso

might go into detail a bit later before i sleep, if i can be bothered
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”