Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1971, Malakittens wrote:I just don't understand why he's getting a free slide. I'm not town reading Whiskers and so I want to know why others are yet no one wants to give me an answer.
>he
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 2012, Mirari wrote:Sketchy people:
Whiskers

Could you please expand on this?
In post 2013, Wisdom wrote:Like I told you at the time, there's no way a townie thinks someone is lying yet they don't consider the possibility he might be scum. Lying mainly comes from scum.
Sigh.
You
know
this isn't true.
Mafia lies. Town lies. It's just good play. In the scenario Mirari is describing, TownMatt lied to protect himself, a super-power-role.
Whether or not you believe Mirari really believed this, please don't say such silly things as "Lying comes from scum."
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by Whiskers »

@Mirari: Dude, even playing forum mafia on different
sites
is vastly different. IRL mafia is more like playing EpicMafia than Forum mafia. In IRL, you can't quote somebody, you can't "catch up" and bring up old posts. You can't take back what you said, before you post it. You have a tone of voice and a facial expression in IRL. You don't have days upon days to rethink and consider what you're going to say and how to phrase it.
In post 2019, Wisdom wrote:Lack of even a little paranoia and complete confidence simply don't come from town.
Btw, this is what I had a problem with early on in the game between you and MattP.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:25 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 2020, Mirari wrote: What is your opinion of the people who are still voting Mala since Elyse's most recent post? There's a reason they are on my sketchy list. Whiskers is sketchy for the potential "loophole" explanation of avoiding Mala's role (it didn't happen but it could have).
Oh, ok.

Wait, I'm sketchy due to hypotheticals?

: (
Mirari
Mirari
Goon
Mirari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:31 pm

Post by Mirari »

In post 2076, Whiskers wrote:Could you please expand on this?
I caught this before fully leaving but it is for a few reasons. I explained it slightly earlier but I wanted to wait until you saw it so I could see your reaction.

When I said you were scumreading Nacho + Wisdom for Nacho's comment saying Wisdom is trying to do this town thing to look town, you made a post that said "Golly no!" or something really disingenuous and moved your vote.
You claimed and didn't in my opinion try to parse the situation as much as I thought you would have based on your early game play.
Your claim itself I feel is more likely scum than the other 2 neighborizer claims. If there are no more neighbors (praying to Olympic godz at this point), your claim seems to have safety built into it from a design perspective. Right now Mala can check to see if people have a QT. If you are scum you will have a QT. You using your power on D1 makes it so that you will have a QT and thus avoid being hit by her cop ability. An activation of a Godfather ability in my opinion.
Your most recent unvote about the Mala wagon I will give you the benefit of the doubt about but, it has the same vibe as the Golly No unvote I mentioned earlier.

I don't want to lynch you for those reasons but those are some sketchball things I've been mulling over and put you on the list.

Probably won't see me again until tomorrow.

edit: Ok, seems like you saw the half explanation which is good
PM me an avatar and I'll use it for a game. Thank you Swift Justice for my current avatar!
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 2053, penguin_alien wrote:As far as neighborizers go, what about having them neighborize one another? It lets them use their roles without giving everyone a QT and so maximizes Mala's role's utility. And since there is a good chance of having a scum neighborizer, it lets the town one(s) sort the scum one(s) a bit.
In post 2057, penguin_alien wrote:Your theory is that all male gods are neighborizers and most of the female gods are neighborizable? But I haven't seen anything to indicate that male gods can't be neighborized.
I'm also glad that PEnguin brought this up, since I was pretty much thinking it the whole time.
well, not the whole time. But "why not neighborize each other, and have one person be a hub of the neighborhood?" a couple of times, and "why not neighborize males" when Wis brought up that aspect.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 2070, Mirari wrote:I think everyone is getting confused about the lover thing because Wisdom chose a very poor word to describe the flavor of his speculation. Couples would be better.

I don't see the utility of neighborizers using their power anymore. The gambit and under the radar potential has been lost and I am not sure having them target each other will help with reads as they would all know it is coming.

Using Mala to target the scummiest one of the bunch tonight I think is the best coordination.

Penguin, don't look at me, blame Wisdom for the incoming case. Probably won't be here until tomorrow.
No, he didn't. Mala chose that word, because iirc, she misread her role PM and mistook it for being Lovers

The utility of neighborizers is the same as ever. The only one who is influenced by this is Mala. I'm not complaining exactly, but I will question the idea of putting her power role above everybody else's in terms of importance. Also, her "guilty" is not a condemnation as it does not necessarily mean the player is scum.
So to recap: The utility of neighborizers is the same.
Oh wait, I just processed the rest of the post. ok yeah, I guess that makes sense.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 2079, Mirari wrote:
In post 2076, Whiskers wrote:Could you please expand on this?
I caught this before fully leaving but it is for a few reasons. I explained it slightly earlier but I wanted to wait until you saw it so I could see your reaction.

When I said you were scumreading Nacho + Wisdom for Nacho's comment saying Wisdom is trying to do this town thing to look town, you made a post that said "Golly no!" or something really disingenuous and moved your vote.
I don't know what you're referring to. I hope you mean "tomorrow" as IRL, not game days.
In post 2079, Mirari wrote:You claimed and didn't in my opinion try to parse the situation as much as I thought you would have based on your early game play.
I was hoping to disprove matt's claim. I had forgotten I was a Dayborizer by that point.
In post 2079, Mirari wrote:Your claim itself I feel is more likely scum than the other 2 neighborizer claims.
I agree. Mine stands out a lot and it seems like, since town can already talk during the Day, and scum would really benefit more from doing so privately, it is more of a scum role. Of course, I can't tell you I'm scum. But I do certainly think my role is scummy.
In post 2079, Mirari wrote:If there are no more neighbors (praying to Olympic godz at this point), your claim seems to have safety built into it from a design perspective. Right now Mala can check to see if people have a QT. If you are scum you will have a QT. You using your power on D1 makes it so that you will have a QT and thus avoid being hit by her cop ability. An activation of a Godfather ability in my opinion.
I haven't used my power. I use my power at night, and I don't get a QT until the next Day.
So, Mala should Cop me, read me Tonight, while I neighborize her. Then she knows I'm town, and we share a DayQT.

Actually. I take that back.

I don't know if everybody's role is like this, but mine says, I neighborize someone, share a quicktopic with them, "located here" and gives a link.
So technically, I already have a QT.
Checking the QT, it says I'm allowed to talk to myself pregame, but can not talk there when night starts.
I probably should have checked the QT before now (I didn't think I needed to; I had nobody I was neighbored with), I could have left them some thoughts or something.

Oh right, so I should point this out, too:
That means I can technically neighbor Night 1, but effectively it doesn't work until Day 2.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by Elyse »

ika replaces pirate mollie. Welcome, ika!

Votecount 1.18penguin_alien - 4 - Malakittens, ooba, Mirari, Nachomamma8 (L-3)
Mirari - 1 - penguin_alien (L-6)
Malakittens - 3 - Desperado, shos, MattP (L-4)
Whiskers - 1 - ika (L-6)
MattP - 2 - havingfitz, Grimgroove (L-5)
Nachomamma8 - 1 - Wisdom (L-6)

Not voting - Whiskers

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2013-12-21 12:00:00)

Interesting Fact #19: Hephaestus once tried to rape Athena, but was unsuccessful and instead impregnated Gaea. The Athenian king Erichthnonius was born, and Athena took care of him as her own child.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:55 pm

Post by ika »

Everyone seems to be talking to each other. Then a figure comes through the doors and everyone falls quite.

hi
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 2084, ika wrote:Everyone seems to be talking to each other. Then a figure comes through the doors and everyone falls quite.

hi
It was quiet before you came in (well from what I just noticed with timestamps.)

But hello!
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Post by ika »

In post 2085, Malakittens wrote:
In post 2084, ika wrote:Everyone seems to be talking to each other. Then a figure comes through the doors and everyone falls quite.

hi
It was quiet before you came in (well from what I just noticed with timestamps.)

But hello!
mind giving me a quick summary. im reading up on everything best i can right now
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 2086, ika wrote:
In post 2085, Malakittens wrote:

hi

But hello!
mind giving me a quick summary. im reading up on everything best i can right now
Eh a lot has happened. Plus I rather have you read the game then post reactions so I can better judge what you're thinking as opposed to giving you a summary. Overall it helps me get a better read of you as a player especially since you seem to be new to the site and I have had a strong town on your slot for majority of the day.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:26 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 2069, Whiskers wrote:
In post 1878, shos wrote:Mala is good town.
BAAAHAHAHAAHAA, WHAT!?

Heheheheh. Since when?
Remember that game I posted quotes from where Mala was talking about having dreamed someone was scum?
No offense, but screw you.

That game was over a year ago and plus some.

If you are going to sit here and be bias saying I can't improve over a year or more then there's legit something wrong with you. It was one game and one mistake. If you oversee that and be still want to be judging of my play here based on that then I really don't know what type of player you are in general.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by Malakittens »

ps the answer is yes.

^ Mirari

ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by ika »

ok i got like halfway thoguth and my attention span is failing. it is late here, i will prob try to catch up on more latter.

i am kinda glancing through many of the posts as well to try and catch up.

but things i have noted so far;

meta is a bad use of logic, it can be changed
the rvs train seemed to be a quick-hit
just becasue someone goes against the norm doesnt mean they are scum, i have seen games where a town that went against everything was then lynched the next day.
big read walls =/= town, i have seen players who do that as both town and scum.

most of the other stuff has been me kinda glancing through. im not used to subbing into game i have not been following. on my home site, we have like 1-2 games where i can follow it.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:46 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

If other neighborizers have QTs set up, then they should definitely neighborize one another and/or Mala.

Whiskers, I do disagree that 'town lies' should be put up there with 'scum lies.' On the whole of it scum should be lying way more than town, and nearly any lies town would tell could be ones scum would find useful too. Not everything, but mostly. IMHO, if you think someone is lying, even if you can see the town motivation, there's likely a potential scum motivation there too.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 2088, Malakittens wrote:
In post 2069, Whiskers wrote:
In post 1878, shos wrote:Mala is good town.
BAAAHAHAHAAHAA, WHAT!?

Heheheheh. Since when?
Remember that game I posted quotes from where Mala was talking about having dreamed someone was scum?
No offense, but screw you.

That game was over a year ago and plus some.

If you are going to sit here and be bias saying I can't improve over a year or more then there's legit something wrong with you. It was one game and one mistake. If you oversee that and be still want to be judging of my play here based on that then I really don't know what type of player you are in general.
Ok, ok, I won't say I'm actually judging your current play on that game. But that game was standard wrt your play at that time!

I don't think you're a terrible player-- but I'm not expecting you to be a particularly
good
player, either. Which is what shos is saying you are, so he can lynch you.
Also btw shos, "Burden of Proficiency".
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 2091, penguin_alien wrote:If other neighborizers have QTs set up, then they should definitely neighborize one another and/or Mala.

Whiskers, I do disagree that 'town lies' should be put up there with 'scum lies.' On the whole of it scum should be lying way more than town, and nearly any lies town would tell could be ones scum would find useful too. Not everything, but mostly. IMHO, if you think someone is lying, even if you can see the town motivation, there's likely a potential scum motivation there too.
Fair enough. Mostly, I'm just saying that "lynch all liars" probably isn't a good way to deal with things, especially since the argument was "he's lying to protect a strong townrole," and
especially
because we've come to the conclusion that he probably wasn't lying at all.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:16 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 2082, Whiskers wrote:I don't know if everybody's role is like this, but mine says, I neighborize someone, share a quicktopic with them, "located here" and gives a link.
So technically, I already have a QT.
Checking the QT, it says I'm allowed to talk to myself pregame, but can not talk there when night starts.
I probably should have checked the QT before now (I didn't think I needed to; I had nobody I was neighbored with), I could have left them some thoughts or something.

Oh right, so I should point this out, too:
That means I can technically neighbor Night 1, but effectively it doesn't work until Day 2.
Malakittens, thoughts on this?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Yours is the onlyyy one who doesn't match up with my role flavor.

I don't get how you can 'connect' with someone in the day, but I need to 'halt' until connections are made.

I only have the information I been asking Elyse. I can't get told if someone has multiple QT's. If you have a QT I get a confirmation that you have one; if you don't I get a neg confirmation.

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 2093, Whiskers wrote: Fair enough. Mostly, I'm just saying that "lynch all liars" probably isn't a good way to deal with things, especially since the argument was "he's lying to protect a strong townrole," and
especially
because we've come to the conclusion that he probably wasn't lying at all.
I'm tired of your bullshit. Read before posting. My whole point was how mirari was weirdly confident in mattclaim being town yet her best reason was something that can easily come from scum. And despite that, she didn't reconsider even a little.
Stop fucking misrepping me.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:34 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Btw you technically lied about your claim. Now that there are 2 night neighborizers and your claim is the odd one out, you switched to "no I'm a night one too I just create daytalk". Why didn't you clarify that at first?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:36 pm

Post by Wisdom »

ika hi. Get an avatar.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:41 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Btw people are forgetting mala can't cop on n1.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”