penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:34 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1516, Malakittens wrote:For Peng

with love

Mala
Yes, he asked about mollie's perception of him as well, but it was in the context of asking about plenty of other reads and an ongoing dialogue. Yours came off as insecure scum:
In post 414, Malakittens wrote:Hey Mollie

Hey Mollie

What's your read on me?
You weren't engaged with mollie about anything else at the time. Why prioritize her read on you over any other activity from her?
Mirari
Mirari
Goon
Mirari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:38 am

Post by Mirari »

If the theme of the game is information, I could see there being two neighborizers. If anything, Grim's role helps prove them. I think they are probably both town.

I still think a penguin lynch is best at this point than dealing with the claims.
PM me an avatar and I'll use it for a game. Thank you Swift Justice for my current avatar!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:40 am

Post by Wisdom »

Mirari I don't understand your penguin tunnel.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:41 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1526, Mirari wrote:I think they are probably both town.
Why?
Why isn't one town and one scum more likely?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:41 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1527, Wisdom wrote:Mirari I don't understand your penguin tunnel.
On that note;

penguin is online, posting. Why aren't you trying to interact with her?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:42 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1525, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 1516, Malakittens wrote:For Peng

with love

Mala
Yes, he asked about mollie's perception of him as well, but it was in the context of asking about plenty of other reads and an ongoing dialogue. Yours came off as insecure scum:
In post 414, Malakittens wrote:Hey Mollie

Hey Mollie

What's your read on me?
You weren't engaged with mollie about anything else at the time. Why prioritize her read on you over any other activity from her?
Yeah, okay. No. It's the same thing regardless of all of the other content he wrote.

Grim answer it because I have a theory. Also flavor claim, please.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Mirari
Mirari
Goon
Mirari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:43 am

Post by Mirari »

You'll need to clarify that statement. Is it a tunnel because I don't want to lynch one of the neighborizers today? Why was my Shos suspicion not a tunnel? I have just started truly pushing penguin. I don't think that counts as a tunnel.
PM me an avatar and I'll use it for a game. Thank you Swift Justice for my current avatar!
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:45 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Malakittens: no.
If you want to give your theory, just go ahead.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Wisdom »

@1530
I didn't want to butt in before so that penguin answers, but no, it's not the same thing at all. Grim was questioning mollie on why she is not scumhunting, why she is not expressing reads, hence his "what's your read on groovey kid?" <- he is using mollie's nickname for him, as if to say, "you should be saying "groovey kid is town/groovey kid is scum but you aren't." Your "whats your read on me" in contrast came out of nowhere and was not accompanying any suspicion on mollie. Nor did you follow up with another question to her.

They are completely different, like your alignment and Grimgroove's.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:48 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1532, Grimgroove wrote:Malakittens: no.
If you want to give your theory, just go ahead.
Can't, with your no, the theory would give out more information to scum. I'll stay quiet for a little longer.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:48 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1531, Mirari wrote:You'll need to clarify that statement. Is it a tunnel because I don't want to lynch one of the neighborizers today? Why was my Shos suspicion not a tunnel? I have just started truly pushing penguin. I don't think that counts as a tunnel.
You just posted a naked "we need to lynch penguin". Without reasoning, without any attempts to interact with her. I call that a tunnel.

How are the neighborizers relevant? Mala has not claimed neighborizer.

But do tell me why you would prefer to lynch a stronger power role than a neighborizer.

Also answer my questions. Why do you think that both neighborizers are likely to be town? And why are you not interacting with penguin?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:49 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1535, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1531, Mirari wrote:You'll need to clarify that statement. Is it a tunnel because I don't want to lynch one of the neighborizers today? Why was my Shos suspicion not a tunnel? I have just started truly pushing penguin. I don't think that counts as a tunnel.
You just posted a naked "we need to lynch penguin". Without reasoning, without any attempts to interact with her. I call that a tunnel.

How are the neighborizers relevant? Mala has not claimed neighborizer.

But do tell me why you would prefer to lynch a stronger power role than a neighborizer.

Also answer my questions. Why do you think that both neighborizers are likely to be town? And why are you not interacting with penguin?
When did Peng claim a power role?

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:50 am

Post by Malakittens »

omg i misread that entirely, IGNORE ME.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:51 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1533, Wisdom wrote:@1530
I didn't want to butt in before so that penguin answers, but no, it's not the same thing at all. Grim was questioning mollie on why she is not scumhunting, why she is not expressing reads, hence his "what's your read on groovey kid?" <- he is using mollie's nickname for him, as if to say, "you should be saying "groovey kid is town/groovey kid is scum but you aren't." Your "whats your read on me" in contrast came out of nowhere and was not accompanying any suspicion on mollie. Nor did you follow up with another question to her.

They are completely different, like your alignment and Grimgroove's.
Here we go again; ignoring the fact I had a town read on her when I asked her that question.

Please for the love of god think before attacking me.

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:52 am

Post by Wisdom »

Then why did you ask the question if not because you were suspicious?
Mirari
Mirari
Goon
Mirari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:53 am

Post by Mirari »

In post 1528, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1526, Mirari wrote:I think they are probably both town.
Why?
Why isn't one town and one scum more likely?
I think Grim's claim probably is town. Why would scum have that role?
Matt and Whiskers claim. Matt's doesn't make sense as scum motive unless to distract from Mala lynch which I don't think is a scum lynch. Plus, Matt has enough clout not to need to claim. Whiskers claims as a counterclaim. To remove Matt at the cost of his own life? Confirming grim? I don't think so.

I don't really see scum motive in either claim.

About peng, she's just saying that my suspicions are weird. That's really debatable. :| I've been transparent with my thoughts. I don't see the need to defend myself or explain them any further than I already have. I will restate that I think peng is taking the easy way out with a vote on me. She's certainly gearing up for a Mala vote but isn't ready to commit because she wants to be able to judge the lifespan of that potential wagon. She is saddling her suspicions of Mala to keep her options open when the wagon on me inevitably fails. She wants it to fail so she can be absolved of switching to Mala closer to deadline.

Better? You're impatient.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:55 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1539, Wisdom wrote:Then why did you ask the question if not because you were suspicious?
Because I actually want to work with her, but I need to know her thoughts before I go ahead and try to work with her and she flips out on me.
)
I was working with her in NY until she flipped out on me because of 1) relative tell 2) not posting when my skype was online 3) she thought I posted a pr tell and never died.

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1540, Mirari wrote:Matt's doesn't make sense as scum motive unless to distract from Mala lynch which I don't think is a scum lynch. Plus, Matt has enough clout not to need to claim.
Explain to me how Matt's claim makes sense as town.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:57 am

Post by Wisdom »

ok I'm wrong on someone, possibly on mollie. Mirari is scum.
Mirari
Mirari
Goon
Mirari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:58 am

Post by Mirari »

To confirm himself and mess with scum's minds? Throwing out claims is a sure for way to trick scum into suboptimal kill choices.

Wrong. Try again, Wisdom.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:58 am

Post by Malakittens »

No you're wrong on everyone.

There's a difference.

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:59 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1540, Mirari wrote:She's certainly gearing up for a Mala vote but isn't ready to commit because she wants to be able to judge the lifespan of that potential wagon. She is saddling her suspicions of Mala to keep her options open when the wagon on me inevitably fails. She wants it to fail so she can be absolved of switching to Mala closer to deadline.
Just read this. There is probably a term for this that I can't remember now, but she is speculating and she is providing reasoning for things that have not happened, as if she is in penguin's mind. And all that with zero interaction with penguin.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:00 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1544, Mirari wrote:To confirm himself and mess with scum's minds? Throwing out claims is a sure for way to trick scum into suboptimal kill choices.
Bullshit. He basically told scum to kill someone else, who will most likely have a stronger power role than him. It makes zero sense as town.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:00 am

Post by Wisdom »

Mala/Mirari/Matt.

Sorry mollie.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:05 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1482, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 1371, Malakittens wrote:Just seems like you're hedging on some of your reads leaving a LOT LOT LOT of opportunity to change it.

I'm hunting a lot besides you, but I have a lot of town reads due to it rather than scum reads.

Your FoS on me just seems OMGUS-like.

I'm just shocked on how you haven't moved your vote onto me since it's pretty obvious your vote on Mirari is just idle-like of a vote. (Then you can say the same for mine, but I have a glimpse of support.) I kinda get the feeling you're trying to keep your distance or you really feel 'confident' in your Mirari vote.

Blech league game, byeee
I don't need to hedge to change my reads later. The nature of the game is that stuff happens to cause reads to change.

I happen to like my Mirari vote. I think there's been a lot of easy dismissal of stuff coming from the slot (like, 'Oh, we play IRL with a different group of people and scum-Mirari there acts differently, so this is town-Mirari!') and I have no problem sticking with it. It certainly puts Mirari's tail in a twist, and I want to see what else he comes up with.

Speaking of which:
In post 1372, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 1360, Mirari wrote:
In post 1358, penguin_alien wrote:What's protown? She's 'scum-reading' the person who's voting you? Why the weird phrasing about you liking the wagon on me because she was on it, given that that was an understated characterization seeing as she's pushed it the entire game so far?
I think she's town for opinions during the game. Everything seems off the cuff and the like. The only one that is going to end up with egg on their face for pushing a lynch is you that's for damn sure. Only warning.

No, that's a nice projection of your own opinions though. She's attacking you strongly when she could be appeasing you. You two play with each other a lot, it would be better strategy to kill you silently rather than go for a lynch against you.

I'll give you an analogy... people claiming global warming exists citing their own personal observations of ecology isn't going to hold much weight. When a PhD person in ecology and the like comes in and says global warming exists citing observations, the legitimacy of the claim goes up. Do you disagree?
I know you and mala are in a hydra right now from looking into you that's why I think she can read you accurately. that was around when I noticed mala was on your wagon and I thought "this is more credible". it is also why I think your approach to her is more generally "safe scum". You scumreading her right now looks like the least confrontational path to that conclusion you could have taken after many days of delay.
I love this post
Yeah...I don't. Prior evidence indicates that Mala hardly has a PhD in reading me. Every time she's gone after me hard she's been wrong. She's been suspicious of me when I'm scum, but not in an all-encompassing "this is scum-PA, lynch it with fire" kind of way.

As far as hydraing with someone, sure, it might give you insight into their game, but seeing as we have no completed hydra games, this isn't an argument I can delve into ATM.

Basically, Mirari's post reeks of confirmation-bias. Which I still find interesting given that he didn't comment on Mala at all prior to the PA wagon observation.
In post 1404, Malakittens wrote:
In post 425, penguin_alien wrote:I have not forgotten about my vote. Although Mala bugging mollie for a read on her is making me strongly consider Mala-scum.
So I noted this and waited for you to post, tried to engage so I knew you were following along.

Why call this alignment indictive, but when Grim does the same exact thing you say nothing, I litteraly mean nothing out of it?
Just went through GG's iso from before this point, and I don't see anywhere where he asks someone how they're reading him. He asks why they're interacting with them in particular ways, he asks what they think of their own play. Not the same thing. Can you quote what you're talking about?

MattP claiming neighborizer is anti-town as all get-out. If nothing else, he's telling scum that he has a role that isn't worth NKing. With no lynch pressure on him, I'm not seeing any reason to claim like that as town. Besides not feeling like reading through what was already in the thread, MattP, why claim at that time?

Having said that, given the limited number of potential characters, I'm not sure there's any reason not to mass flavor claim now. Possibly in a more typical theme it would be more of a power giveaway, but everyone's a deity here, so. Eliminating scum's ability to switch fakeclaims if they have them is to the good. I can't see the harm. Don't think I've played in a game where flavor's been mass-claimed D1, but we're quickly moving toward that happening anyways.
Then why are you clearly staying clear of my lynch atm. As I said your vote on Mirari isn't doing anything, that wagon isn't getting traction. Your scum list just looks like a mini FoS list and your town list looks like those whom are calling you town (besides a few.)

Mirari/ooba explaining further about their reads tied in with the rlmafia makes a bit more sense. It's meta to them that we have no way of confirming.

That's hilarious. Trying to discredit my read on you because I read you wrong in the past. I actually once said you were scum when you were scum, but failed to pick it up in our first game with Mollie. ^.^ Then I dropped my last scum read on you because you were the only one trying to interact with me ._.

Yeah, I don't see why you even tried to start the mass claim flavor thing.

Anyways, you're still scum.

@Predit:

Wrong. Try again.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”