Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:31 am

Post by Lowell »

Lots of newbies in this game. I like it. Allow me to get my newbie-reading radar out for a second.

Scum:
King of Mud
Nocmen

Not scum:
Kinkster
brewski

Just file that away for awhile...
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:55 am

Post by Nocmen »

And wait...im scum just because Im a newbie?
brewski
brewski
Townie
brewski
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:03 am

Post by brewski »

@lowell: You said nocman and kinkster were scummy, but didnt give any reasons. care to eloborate. just wondering
Eldarion
Eldarion
Townie
Eldarion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:52 pm

Post by Eldarion »

unvote
he's not in the game :o

Hey there Nocmen.

This thread so far is full of disjointed attacks and bandwagoning. It's making it very hard to get one's head around.
King of Mud
King of Mud
Townie
King of Mud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:39 am

Post by King of Mud »

brewski wrote:@lowell: You said nocman and kinkster were scummy, but didnt give any reasons. care to eloborate. just wondering
He said kinkster was innocent and that I'm scum. Still didn't give reasons, and I'm about 75% convinced he's wrong (and possibly lying) on both points.
brewski
brewski
Townie
brewski
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:02 am

Post by brewski »

srry, my bad :lol:
Riverwind23
Riverwind23
Goon
Riverwind23
Goon
Goon
Location: Yeah it was a tragedy! Could you repeat the question?

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:57 am

Post by Riverwind23 »

lowell where are you getting these suspicions?
never survied a game! weee :P
brewski
brewski
Townie
brewski
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:54 am

Post by brewski »

@king of mud: i disagree with lowell, and think that you are town, but i am wondering who you think is scum?
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:33 am

Post by IH »

I'd probably say some newbie scum and town tells. They're very useful for newbies.

Lowell, I would like you to clarify.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Nocmen »

IH wrote:I'd probably say some newbie scum and town tells. They're very useful for newbies.

Lowell, I would like you to clarify.
What do you mean by that?

And I will agree with what riverwind and IH said, mind actually saying something else after you randomly threw out suspicions randomly?
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:57 pm

Post by IH »

Riverwind asked where he was getting those suspicions.

I said probably from Newbie tells. There are newbie tells, as when people are new to mafia, they are pretty predictable.

Most of the time.
brewski
brewski
Townie
brewski
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:43 pm

Post by brewski »

IH, i am still confused. Yes, everyone has tells, but that will hopefully not make a huge difference between newbies and experienced players. for the fact that experienced players are better at catching the minor slip ups.
Jules
Jules
Goon
Jules
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:11 am

Post by Jules »

Vote Count

kinkster (2): Riverwind23, IH

IH (2): Nocmen, Ixnayonthehombre

Riverwind23 (2): bird1111, King of Mud

brewski (2): kinkster, theopor_COD

King of Mud (1): Lowell

Not voting (2): brewski, Eldarion

11 alive, 6 to lynch
King of Mud
King of Mud
Townie
King of Mud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:52 am

Post by King of Mud »

brewski wrote:@king of mud: i disagree with lowell, and think that you are town, but i am wondering who you think is scum?
Right now I'm thinking Riverwind, Kinkster, and Lowell. Riverwind and Kinkster for the reasons I said before, and Lowell because he's trying to boss us newbies around.
brewski
brewski
Townie
brewski
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:31 am

Post by brewski »

i think most likely of the three is kinkster, so
vote: kinkster
bu dont worry to much, that only puts you at three votes.
@king: i dont like the way that lowell is playing, but i am not sure if he is mafia. i say we lynch kinkster sometime soon unless he comes up with a really good way to defend himself.
You are unique, like everyone else...

The name of the game is Mafia, aka Kill Steve.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:08 am

Post by Lowell »

When evaluating newbies I take a pretty direct approach: I read their posts in isolation and see which players seem like they're tiptoeing the most.

The two I mentioned are the ones who I think are doing just that.

With more experienced players I read their posts in connection to others, so it takes a bit more time. Be patient.

Also, KoM, your becoming overly flustered by a single vote doesn't make you look any more innocent in my book.
kinkster
kinkster
Townie
kinkster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:46 am

Post by kinkster »

brewski wrote:i think most likely of the three is kinkster, so
vote: kinkster
bu dont worry to much, that only puts you at three votes.
@king: i dont like the way that lowell is playing, but i am not sure if he is mafia. i say we lynch kinkster sometime soon unless he comes up with a really good way to defend himself.
I'm not overly concerned about 3 votes on me to be honest but why exactly do i need to come up with a really good way to defend myself ?

Your basically saying to veryone else unless I come up with something brilliant I should lynch, I'm sorry but that wreaks of scuminess.

I am happy with my vote
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:47 am

Post by Nocmen »

Jules wrote:
Vote Count

kinkster (2): Riverwind23, IH

IH (2): Nocmen, Ixnayonthehombre

Riverwind23 (2): bird1111, King of Mud

brewski (2): kinkster, theopor_COD

King of Mud (1): Lowell

Not voting (2): brewski, Eldarion

11 alive, 6 to lynch
Uh...I dont think I have voted. If I have and its not showing for me (doubt that), then
Unvote
anyways
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:14 am

Post by IH »

Brewski wrote:IH, i am still confused. Yes, everyone has tells, but that will hopefully not make a huge difference between newbies and experienced players. for the fact that experienced players are better at catching the minor slip ups.
No, there's some things that only apply to newbies.

FoS:King of Mud

He's not bossing you....

unvote, vote:Brewski

Brewski wrote:i think most likely of the three is kinkster, so vote: kinkster bu dont worry to much, that only puts you at three votes.
You don't just get to lynch someone without stating reasons. You don't give him anything to defend in this post. Just "let's lynch him, and if he defends himself we won't"

Put together WHY we should lynch him.
brewski
brewski
Townie
brewski
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:39 am

Post by brewski »

kinkster wrote:
Riverwind wrote: i am currently voting kinkster because he appears to be voting with the crowd.
so by agreeing with someone thats voting with the crowd I placed a 2nd vote on ix because I agreed with something king said hardly a crowd
Brewski wrote: Kinkster seems scummy to me, riverwind a maybe. I am starting to think my vote on Theo isnt all that good, and will be doing a reread to determine which is the scummiest in my mind, but for the momentunvote
You think im scummy and possibly riverwind yet you sit there with a novote that doesnt make sence in the slightest

unvote - vote:brewski

for throwing accusations around yet not standing by them and voting
He was attacking me for the fact that i didnt want to throw my vote around, which makes sense in my opinion, for the fact is that as a townie, my vote is all i have. I am going to make sure that it counts for what it is, and that is the possibility to lynch scum. i like to be sure of myself, and he just rubs me the wrong way.

Also, i am not the only one that has suspicions on him
Riverwind23 wrote:i am currently voting kinkster because he appears to be voting with the crowd.
IH, before you voted for me, your vote was on kinkster, and i would like to know why you had a vote on him. it would be much appreciated. i find him suspious, and have a strong feeling that his mafia.

@nocmen- your vote carried on from your predeccessor, or at least i think that was saying why you had voted and you didnt.
You are unique, like everyone else...

The name of the game is Mafia, aka Kill Steve.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:41 am

Post by Nocmen »

@nocmen- your vote carried on from your predeccessor, or at least i think that was saying why you had voted and you didnt.
Ah, that was probably the case. Thank you for notifying me of that, I forgot I subbed into this game, and didnt bother to check if I had a pre-lying vote.
King of Mud
King of Mud
Townie
King of Mud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by King of Mud »

IH wrote:
FoS:King of Mud

He's not bossing you....
Yeah he is. He's called me a scum or a newbie (or both) in each of his three substantive posts today. The newbie thing I can understand. But Lowell claims I've been tiptoeing with my posts, and for that thinks I'm scum. What I've really been doing with my posts is explaining why I think Riverwind and kinkster (and now Lowell) are scum. Now I may just be taking it too personally, but I get the sense he's out to get me, and I think there's got to be a reason.
kinkster
kinkster
Townie
kinkster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:48 am

Post by kinkster »

brewski wrote:
kinkster wrote:
Riverwind wrote: i am currently voting kinkster because he appears to be voting with the crowd.
so by agreeing with someone thats voting with the crowd I placed a 2nd vote on ix because I agreed with something king said hardly a crowd
Brewski wrote: Kinkster seems scummy to me, riverwind a maybe. I am starting to think my vote on Theo isnt all that good, and will be doing a reread to determine which is the scummiest in my mind, but for the momentunvote
You think im scummy and possibly riverwind yet you sit there with a novote that doesnt make sence in the slightest

unvote - vote:brewski

for throwing accusations around yet not standing by them and voting
He was attacking me for the fact that i didnt want to throw my vote around, which makes sense in my opinion, for the fact is that as a townie, my vote is all i have. I am going to make sure that it counts for what it is, and that is the possibility to lynch scum. i like to be sure of myself, and he just rubs me the wrong way.

Also, i am not the only one that has suspicions on him
Riverwind23 wrote:i am currently voting kinkster because he appears to be voting with the crowd.
IH, before you voted for me, your vote was on kinkster, and i would like to know why you had a vote on him. it would be much appreciated. i find him suspious, and have a strong feeling that his mafia.

So why exactly do i rub you up the wrong way :)

My vote on you was valid you were sure you had pinned 2 mafia down yet wernt prepared to place a vote on one of them. I found this suspicious and wanted a responce which is why I voted for you.

I didnt at this moment in time consider you were definately scum just I found something in you more suspicious than anyone else at the time.

Your responce in suggesting I should definately be lynched unless I come with a great defence is why my vote now stays with you as I find this extremley scummy.

Also your coment on dont worry its only 3 votes, I am fully aware of how many votes I have and what it means. yet you seem to want explain it I feel your trying to justify placing the third vote on me.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:35 am

Post by IH »

1.KoM, he's NOT bossing you around. = | His points are fairly valid.

2.Brewski, you can unvote, why WOULDN'T you put your vote on the most suspicious player? It signifies you are giving possibilities, but unwilling to follow through with them so you can place it at a key point, perhaps to keep a wagon going, or to hammer.

I had also voted Kinkster for attacking a random vote on him. It's a common newbie mistake.
Eldarion
Eldarion
Townie
Eldarion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:15 am

Post by Eldarion »

brewski wrote: He was attacking me for the fact that i didnt want to throw my vote around, which makes sense in my opinion, for the fact is that as a townie, my vote is all i have. I am going to make sure that it counts for what it is, and that is the possibility to lynch scum. i like to be sure of myself, and he just rubs me the wrong way.
You did two things there, you claimed town (big no-no, esp on first day); and you threw out a 'vibe' on Kinkster, giving him not only nothing to defend himself, but giving other people reason to suspect/accuse him without having to dedicate yourself. I suggest tidying up your act... Kinkster defended himself admirably against this post by Brewski.

Your other posts were pretty equally scumlike brewski, what's the deal?

FoS: Brewski

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”