shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:33 am

Post by shos »

Well its confirmable in both of yous cases only in d3. Ill bet that one neighbourizer is scum and the other town. Or, at least, if theres more, one is scum and all the others town.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:35 am

Post by Wisdom »

mhm, that's how I think it is.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:51 am

Post by shos »

Well scum ain't whiskers.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:53 am

Post by shos »

Questionis what is more likely scum, matt or mala.
Or rather, which lynch is worse for scum.

I think mala should still be taken first.

Because if matt is scu neighbour, well, then he is not scum PR.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:58 am

Post by havingfitz »

Up through page 15. Hope to be caught up sometime this afternoon.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:54 am

Post by Wisdom »

Yeah, Mala is a better lynch than Matt, no doubt about that.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:09 am

Post by Desperado »

i love early mass claims

i'd join in but everyone will know who I am and what I do at some point anyway so there's no incentive
;)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:37 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1371, Malakittens wrote:Just seems like you're hedging on some of your reads leaving a LOT LOT LOT of opportunity to change it.

I'm hunting a lot besides you, but I have a lot of town reads due to it rather than scum reads.

Your FoS on me just seems OMGUS-like.

I'm just shocked on how you haven't moved your vote onto me since it's pretty obvious your vote on Mirari is just idle-like of a vote. (Then you can say the same for mine, but I have a glimpse of support.) I kinda get the feeling you're trying to keep your distance or you really feel 'confident' in your Mirari vote.

Blech league game, byeee
I don't need to hedge to change my reads later. The nature of the game is that stuff happens to cause reads to change.

I happen to like my Mirari vote. I think there's been a lot of easy dismissal of stuff coming from the slot (like, 'Oh, we play IRL with a different group of people and scum-Mirari there acts differently, so this is town-Mirari!') and I have no problem sticking with it. It certainly puts Mirari's tail in a twist, and I want to see what else he comes up with.

Speaking of which:
In post 1372, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 1360, Mirari wrote:
In post 1358, penguin_alien wrote:What's protown? She's 'scum-reading' the person who's voting you? Why the weird phrasing about you liking the wagon on me because she was on it, given that that was an understated characterization seeing as she's pushed it the entire game so far?
I think she's town for opinions during the game. Everything seems off the cuff and the like. The only one that is going to end up with egg on their face for pushing a lynch is you that's for damn sure. Only warning.

No, that's a nice projection of your own opinions though. She's attacking you strongly when she could be appeasing you. You two play with each other a lot, it would be better strategy to kill you silently rather than go for a lynch against you.

I'll give you an analogy... people claiming global warming exists citing their own personal observations of ecology isn't going to hold much weight. When a PhD person in ecology and the like comes in and says global warming exists citing observations, the legitimacy of the claim goes up. Do you disagree?
I know you and mala are in a hydra right now from looking into you that's why I think she can read you accurately. that was around when I noticed mala was on your wagon and I thought "this is more credible". it is also why I think your approach to her is more generally "safe scum". You scumreading her right now looks like the least confrontational path to that conclusion you could have taken after many days of delay.
I love this post
Yeah...I don't. Prior evidence indicates that Mala hardly has a PhD in reading me. Every time she's gone after me hard she's been wrong. She's been suspicious of me when I'm scum, but not in an all-encompassing "this is scum-PA, lynch it with fire" kind of way.

As far as hydraing with someone, sure, it might give you insight into their game, but seeing as we have no completed hydra games, this isn't an argument I can delve into ATM.

Basically, Mirari's post reeks of confirmation-bias. Which I still find interesting given that he didn't comment on Mala at all prior to the PA wagon observation.
In post 1404, Malakittens wrote:
In post 425, penguin_alien wrote:I have not forgotten about my vote. Although Mala bugging mollie for a read on her is making me strongly consider Mala-scum.
So I noted this and waited for you to post, tried to engage so I knew you were following along.

Why call this alignment indictive, but when Grim does the same exact thing you say nothing, I litteraly mean nothing out of it?
Just went through GG's iso from before this point, and I don't see anywhere where he asks someone how they're reading him. He asks why they're interacting with them in particular ways, he asks what they think of their own play. Not the same thing. Can you quote what you're talking about?

MattP claiming neighborizer is anti-town as all get-out. If nothing else, he's telling scum that he has a role that isn't worth NKing. With no lynch pressure on him, I'm not seeing any reason to claim like that as town. Besides not feeling like reading through what was already in the thread, MattP, why claim at that time?

Having said that, given the limited number of potential characters, I'm not sure there's any reason not to mass flavor claim now. Possibly in a more typical theme it would be more of a power giveaway, but everyone's a deity here, so. Eliminating scum's ability to switch fakeclaims if they have them is to the good. I can't see the harm. Don't think I've played in a game where flavor's been mass-claimed D1, but we're quickly moving toward that happening anyways.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:49 am

Post by Wisdom »

penguin, would you switch to Mala if there's no support for Mirari (which most likely there isn't)?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:54 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1482, penguin_alien wrote:Having said that, given the limited number of potential characters, I'm not sure there's any reason not to mass flavor claim now. Possibly in a more typical theme it would be more of a power giveaway, but everyone's a deity here, so. Eliminating scum's ability to switch fakeclaims if they have them is to the good. I can't see the harm. Don't think I've played in a game where flavor's been mass-claimed D1, but we're quickly moving toward that happening anyways.
fuck yeah

I'm
Hades
:twisted:
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:55 am

Post by Desperado »

awww the smiley fucked up
;)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:55 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1483, Wisdom wrote:penguin, would you switch to Mala if there's no support for Mirari (which most likely there isn't)?
Yes, although I'd be grumpy that there's no support for Mirari.

What do you think about mass flavor claiming after MattP explains what the hell he was thinking claiming neighborizer at this time?
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:56 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1484, Desperado wrote:
In post 1482, penguin_alien wrote:Having said that, given the limited number of potential characters, I'm not sure there's any reason not to mass flavor claim now. Possibly in a more typical theme it would be more of a power giveaway, but everyone's a deity here, so. Eliminating scum's ability to switch fakeclaims if they have them is to the good. I can't see the harm. Don't think I've played in a game where flavor's been mass-claimed D1, but we're quickly moving toward that happening anyways.
fuck yeah

I'm
Hades
:twisted:
There you go, brother! :mrgreen:
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:57 am

Post by Desperado »

Much better.

Who are you?
;)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:58 am

Post by ooba »

Matt, why did you claim?
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:00 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1482, penguin_alien wrote:Having said that, given the limited number of potential characters, I'm not sure there's any reason not to mass
flavor claim now
Pos
sibly in a more typical theme it would be more of a power giveaway, but everyone's a deity here, so.
E
liminating scum's ability to switch fakeclaims if they have them is to the good.
I
can't see the harm.
Don
't think I've played in a game where flavor's been mass-claimed D1, but we're quickly moving toward that happening anyways.
Poseidon. Figured people might get tetchy about the mass flavor claim idea, and I figured I should put my money where my mouth was.

'brother' was also there for that reason...!
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:01 am

Post by Desperado »

I could lie and told you I knew that Hades and Poseidon were brothers, but I didn't.
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:02 am

Post by Desperado »

Yet another example of me being completely terrible with bread crumbs.
;)
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:03 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1486, penguin_alien wrote:What do you think about mass flavor claiming
I'm against any kind of claiming so early, but apparently you guys are doing it anyway.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:05 am

Post by Desperado »

The downside to flavor claim now is...?
;)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:06 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Why not flavor claiming at this juncture? We're basically going to get flavor from Whiskers, GG, and whoever gets run up today. Plus MattP's out there. When everyone's a god, it's less telling to scum. And since flavor seems to line up with role, it'll reduce scum shenanigans down the road.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:07 am

Post by Wisdom »

Desperado wrote:The downside to flavor claim now is...?
Scum might get ideas as to who might have what power?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:08 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1496, Wisdom wrote:
Desperado wrote:The downside to flavor claim now is...?
Scum might get ideas as to who might have what power?
OK.

What do you think my power is?
;)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:09 am

Post by ooba »

Not interested in mass claiming - sorry.

You cannot accurately predict downsides to the flavor claim - scum having a deathnote, scum role blocker who can block if he names the character, scum getting extra powers if they kill particular roles (my previous game had that for killing Poseidon and Zeus - they had tokens that gave special powers).

Not to mention, if it's smart scum, they can deduce possible roles based on flavor\what's already claimed and can kill off the more powerful roles.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:10 am

Post by Desperado »

Same question to you Ooba
;)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”