NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:09 pm

Post by geists »

How the fuck do we have over a hundred posts.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:14 pm

Post by pitoli »

Um yeah life is busy. I will catch up in a couple houts but cannot guarantee I won't be drunk >>
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by roflcopter »

In post 947, Sakura Hana wrote:why those ones with specifically over 100 posts?
because if this game continues on a pace of 40 pages per 3 rl days i will go on a murderous rampage
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 471, Brian Skies wrote:~wall~
I'm not going to bother quoting them individually, but there were quite a few things I liked in here.

The only other thing I care about through page 20 really is Tammy declaring herself obvtown despite not being obvtown. But I didn't come away with too much. Parts felt genuine and I liked the paranoia with respect to Mara (did she read Cabd's posts, though?); but other times it just got over the top and unreasonable.

On to page 21.

~Bulba
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Oh, two other things I forgot to mention only one of which is important: goodmorning's admittedly two posts suck; and my eyes glaze over every time I see a Generic post, but that might be partially due to my sleep deprivation.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 953, Cephrir wrote:~Bulba
lol'd
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 500, Tammy wrote:
In post 497, geists wrote:For the record, I think Tammy's kinda off this game.
ate you all fucking scum?

Like this has been the most lighthearted and happy I have been to enter a game in a really long fucking time. I've been looking forward to this game and happy as fuck I drew town, there is no bloody way I look off and you all are just ruining this for me,
In post 503, Tammy wrote:IM NOT BOTING. READ MY GODDAMN FUCKING POSTS THAT IS LITERALLYME HAVING A GOOD FUCKING TOME.

YOU KNOW WHAT

FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF
In post 512, MC Maraca wrote:You're Obv-towness Shot up like, 1000000000% during that fight, and 10000000000000% more right after it
I agree with the latter part of MCM's post here actually, so ignore my mixed feelings.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 593, MafiaSSK wrote:WHAT IS UPPPP? SSK HERE REPLACING ROFLWAFFLE.

Geists=Town
Generic=Town
F-16=Town
Tammy=Uber Town
Bro=Maybe Scum
MC=Maybe Scum
Pitoli=maybe scum
BBQ=scum

Vote Korean BBQ
[redacted] but I dislike this.
In post 594, DOMO wrote:Oh yay I have a read.

vote mafiassk

That feels like a really awkward entrance. I arrived to the party late and I'm daunted by having to play ctach up. He comes in and immediately puts his pawns in place. That doesn't feel much like a town entrance to me.
Agreed, but his explanation did clear it up for me somewhat.

I'm a fan of DOMO snap voting on that without having really read.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:18 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 610, KoreanBBQ wrote:I'm also curious why Brian is sitting on his RVS vote 20+ pages in.
This was oddly selective and passive-aggressive!
In post 620, DOMO wrote:
In post 616, MafiaSSK wrote:Suxtosuck.
And this. So what, anyone who dares to scumread you based on gut sucks? Is that the implication? I'd expect a townie to just say what you said about reading the game because we're all awesome people, and leave it at that, because that's enough to kill the gut read I picked up. But you add a sly little insult, which for me increses the chances of you being scum, because you're not happy with just defending yourself, you want to discredit your attacker too.
Gut wise this does not feel like 165 DOMOscum, but then again I was his scumbuddy in that game.

I think I'll be able to read this pretty well.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 630, Sakura Hana wrote:As of page 18, I'm surprised I haven't gathered many votes considering how I was active overall, but never posted here. Also i'm not filling that townbloc application because I know you'll obvtown me anyways. ffery and Nat's posts feel off so far, but it's not that strong, on the other hand F-16 accusing Gen of being agreeable while being agreeable himself is giving me bad vibes

Vote: F-16

Going on...
I guess this is classic Sakura moonlogic.

I don't actually know how to read her.
In post 632, pieguyn wrote:warning: lazy as fuck catchup post so I probably missed a lot of shit

Sakura scum. I'm having a shitton of trouble believing this post came from the same person who always preaches "reasonless RVs are bad", and MC Maraca hadn't posted yet, so I don't see how it's not an RV.
giving me weird vibes. it seems really really serious compared to the rest of the thread. not sure how comfortable I feel with that given he's townreading geists for being "at ease". however this is gut and looking back on it later I think this makes him seem town. it seems he legitimately wants to get the game going already
tammy town
goodmorning town
I agree MC seems town
I'm liking BRO's willingness to work with a mutual townread here. however, I still have paranoia from imperishable night. he doesn't seem like he's trolling as much here, which may be a good sign
goodmorning even more town
MC town
give me bourbon plz

this is really weird for me since I still feel like a lot of the game is in the fucking around stage. anyone who knows me knows that I generally get going immediately. oh well
I'm also not liking Ceph atm, but it's mostly gut and I can't be assed to go back and find anything specific ._.

I'm kind of ass backwards skipping over a lot of specific shit here, but I'm especially curious about this
this, I grok. fuck it, BRO can go into the townpile
not liking this argument. Brian hasn't even posted in like forever, so he didn't really have much of a chance to push anyone else at all 0.0
In post 340, geists wrote:Except where it doesn't make sense, I keep my stances pretty transparent.
huh
what the fuck is that vote. he posts all these giant reads walls then votes someone who he hasn't even mentioned? dafuq
ok finally smth apparent I noticed about Cephrir - he didn't out his opinion the deals when the first one came up and all of a sudden he does it on this one? it's convenient how it happens to be when people are saying Nacho looks scummy. this makes me think this read was based off convenience and not legitimate scumhunting
huh I'm seeing what you all are about Generic - in fast and furious he seemed pretty adamant about getting Telo lynched
Generic can be town too
"hey I'm just going to buddy everyone who's scumreading me so I won't get found out"
what the hell is that I thought for some reason maraca was townreading Tammy I need to go back and look at this again
I don't like this on a playstyle level. in practice it's probably not alignment indicative, but read the fucking game make areal vote

haven't seen anything at all since 546. probably bc I'm being a lazy fuck atm. I'll just wing it from here and hope for the best

other things of note, KoreanBBQ has a shitton of content and there's nothing in there that gave me a townread on them. feeling kind of icky about them atm
This is awesome. You win town points.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 668, KoreanBBQ wrote:Speaking of pieguy, his read on Sakura looks too easy, but maybe it's because I'm already biased.
...What?
In post 670, pieguyn wrote:@F16: the first part was due to this
In post 70, goodmorning wrote:At least two of them are not Town.
I liked this stance and how she's being upfront about questioning shit that she thinks is incorrect

the second part was this
In post 184, goodmorning wrote:On pure odds I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you.
1. It's not a stat course.
2. Odds distract people.
3. Unlikely =/= impossible, and it's not even that unlikely.
it's another stance that shows she's holding true to her beliefs

my read on BRO is a mixture of both of those things. there was another game we played where I had him as null-town almost entirely based off gut and he was scum (thankfully on d2 I turned that shit right around). some of the stuff he's done in this game, combined with the fact that it doesn't seem to match that game, makes me feel somewhat comfortable with him as town atm

generally it means that, at the time of that post, I have that person as town for various reasons. it can be bc of a certain post or a culmination of a bunch of things up to a certain post

in fast and furious Generic was town. he had a scumread on Telo, he wasn't backing down, and he seemed set on getting her lynched (eventually she got lynched and she was town). so I agree that the fact that he's more agreeable here seems odd
Ugh. I get opposite conclusions about these exact lines. THis post also contains a useless truism.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:31 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 699, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Pieguyn, I disagree with your read on GoodMorning. How does being "upfront about questioning stuff she disagrees with" necessarily town? I find it just as likely scum would question stuff to look like town. I also don't find "holding true to her beliefs" a strong reason to read her as town.

Also, why did you like her stance of saying that at least two of me, Generic, Geists, and Brian are not town? You seem to have put Geists as town, me and Generic as probably town, and Brian as null which is quite far off from her stance.
Second part yes, I agree with this. First part my objection was different but I'm still glad you objected.
In post 700, pieguyn wrote:
In post 698, KoreanBBQ wrote:No I wasn't. (Point still stands that your scumreads suck, though.)
I thought you were joking about that cause I had you in there @_@

in that case, do you think my null reads are generally accurate?
In post 699, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Pieguyn, I disagree with your read on GoodMorning. How does being "upfront about questioning stuff she disagrees with" necessarily town? I find it just as likely scum would question stuff to look like town. I also don't find "holding true to her beliefs" a strong reason to read her as town.
I know some players would probably do this as scum, but I like the way she did it here. it seemed really genuine for some reason and it had the sort of defiance I attribute more to a town mindset. this line in particular sold this for me
In post 184, goodmorning wrote:1. It's not a stat course.
she could be scum but I'm not seeing it atm. I'll rethink this read more if a lot of people are saying I'm in the wrong tho
In post 699, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Also, why did you like her stance of saying that at least two of me, Generic, Geists, and Brian are not town? You seem to have put Geists as town, me and Generic as probably town, and Brian as null which is quite far off from her stance.
I disagree with her stance, but I like the fact that she made that stance in the first place. I think I mostly liked how blunt she was about it.
It's not a stats course? THAT'S the line you're going with? xD

I feel like you're overjustifying something you could have just said 'gut' to. THen again someone is sitting there needling you over it.
In post 701, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 700, pieguyn wrote:I thought you were joking about that cause I had you in there @_@
I thought I expressed my townread on Ceph and Sakura quite clearly.
So yeah, I'm townreading all your scumreads. Your scumreads suck.
pieguyn wrote:in that case, do you think my null reads are generally accurate?
Well, first of all, "null reads" kinda mean the reads that are not accurate and are in state of waffling/not enough info :igmeou:
But I guess I can comment on some of those.

MafiaSSK ↓. I didn't like his readlists. But then he only has like, 5 posts. So it's slight down.
Desperado ↑. It's 100% gut.
SC ↓. I already explained this.
Why the hell are you townreading me again?
In post 723, DOMO wrote:Aw man I got a sick read. GiF is scum.

vote korean
And then you let this go immediately? Huh?
Could it be? DO I actually like a Thor post? Call that rapture guy, I think the world is ending.
In post 740, Casso the King of Seals wrote:@DOMO - also, you are slowing and examinging a fearsome wagon of...four voters! GAH! Hatred!
And yet very DOMO somehow.
Bartleby the Scrivener
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:39 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 930, DOMO wrote:I think you're failing to understand irnoic humour.

And if my reasoning is bad, I'm quite happy to accept it as such, it doesn't matter to me if I realise before it's pointed out. It's pretty natural that my d1 reasoning will be bad. I got no problem with that.
that'd be fine but the problem is how am I supposed to tell you're not scum using bad reasoning as opposed to town using bad reasoning? 0.0

afaik your logic was that Generic would have no reason to make a post explaining his disappearance as town, correct? where'd you change your opinion and what made you change?
In post 929, pieguyn wrote:the sarcasm and mocking can be taken as similar to his so called "sly insult" on you.
Yeah ok you have a point here. But I feel that the context differs. The sly insult I was complaining about was "suxtosuck", which I'm not taking as an attempt at humour, it just doesn't come across as such. It's a slap down. That might be me misreading the tone, fair enough. My sly insults, I dunno if you need to meta dive me but I'm full of sarcasm and lame attempts at humour.[/quote]
so if the context differs, do I have a point or not? the answer makes sense but I find this wording confusing 0.0
In post 928, DOMO wrote:That post was supposed to be sacrcastic, not discrediting or defensive. But take it as you will.
after thinking about it more, I don't like this response - why so obfuscative? by allowing me to "take it as I will", you're not really backing up your stance on your post. this seems like another really easy answer
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:40 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 942, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 917, pieguyn wrote:@maracabd: do you two have a read on ffery?
Yes

do you not read?
it probably got lost somewhere keep in mind I had to read the whole thread at once and I was lazy so I missed a lot of shit

mind elaborating on nero town?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:40 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 948, KoreanBBQ wrote:The quality of my posts all depends on my motivation, regardless of my alignment.
GIF what the hell
this is a direct contradiction. this was the first game in a while you really got into, which by this statement should imply less fluff and more content. but I'm inclined to agree there's a lot of fluff in your slot. what's going on @_@
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:41 pm

Post by pieguyn »

holy crap Cephrir
In post 960, Cephrir wrote:Ugh. I get opposite conclusions about these exact lines.
mind elaborating on this?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 961, Cephrir wrote:I feel like you're overjustifying something you could have just said 'gut' to. THen again someone is sitting there needling you over it.
I try to stray from just pure "gut" reads that don't have anything specific to them. cause I find they're wrong a lot of the time =A=

normally when I get a gut read on a person there's smth specific to back it up. and in that case it was the line about stats. sometimes I get general gut reads on people but I feel way more comfortable with them if there's something specific to it. probably we all can agree that at first glance goodmorning doesn't necessarily look town, but there's specific moments like that that are making me townread her currently. also by providing specific things it gives people the chance to help me confirm or deny said read
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:13 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 964, pieguyn wrote:
In post 948, KoreanBBQ wrote:The quality of my posts all depends on my motivation, regardless of my alignment.
GIF what the hell
this is a direct contradiction. this was the first game in a while you really got into, which by this statement should imply less fluff and more content. but I'm inclined to agree there's a lot of fluff in your slot. what's going on @_@
Nope
I forced myself to get into this game, which you can tell by the progressive ratio of my fluff posts and content posts (barring yesterday night for obvious reason)
No contradiction there. You just have to look stuff at the progressive way instead of the whole thing at once.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:16 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

@ceph re sakura

Knowing that sak was away for irl reason, seeing someone putting sak in scumpile will make me immediately think that they're going for an easy target. That's what I was saying.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:17 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 770, geists wrote:DOMO,

Welcome to my townbloc.
THe bumbling does seem like something I'd do as town, and I like it for that reason, but I'm surprised anyone else does.
In post 795, MC Maraca wrote: Actually, my intention was to show both you and mara that saying "how dare you not recognize I'm obvtown" is
fucking bullshit
from anyone spouting it about themselves and that it's worthless when you've made it such a part of you that you have to do it as both alignments.
This entire pissing contest is just getting really old.
In post 847, MC Maraca wrote:If GM is scum this game I will eat my hat.
In post 863, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 861, talah wrote:
In post 852, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 851, talah wrote:
In post 847, MC Maraca wrote:If GM is scum this game I will eat my hat.
Please refer to my comprehensive reads list.
I know something youuuuuuuu don't~
Do tell.
VOTE: Talah

Nope. Nice fish though!
I'm pretty sure I know what you're saying and I feel the need to inform you that you're a moron for implying this so heavily under no pressure unless it's a stupid gambit. For a smart guy you can be real dumb sometimes.
In post 882, Desperado wrote:new plan:

1. don't read
2. hammer first l-1 wagon
3. ???
4. profit
Who's this joker and what has he done with Desperado?
In post 887, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 713, DOMO wrote:Korean's ISO is a massive ball of fluff. So many posts with so little content.
korean, I'm assuming your ISO is mostly nero?
This is pretty funny. I only have like 14 fluff posts but anyways, this comes across as angry/OMGUSy since I already had a slight scum read on the slot. I mean, when I said that I didn’t like Domo his TWO in games posts were “Really? 17 pages already?” and “I have no idea what's going on. Is it still RVS?”
You're joking, right? I can remember almost nothing substantial you've said in your umpteen posts.
In post 896, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 895, KoreanBBQ wrote:You just claimed scum when I asked you for your reasoning of why you jumped on my wagon and you were all like "what? who?"

vote:SSK
Oh, you did ask? Mostly gut. I was also, you know the third vote or L-8.
But I mean I went through a quick ISO glance as well to not find that much beneficial town content. You don't give substantial reasoning behind reads or votes. Your votes are too reactive.
If you see that as me claiming scum, cool stuff bro.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:24 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 901, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 897, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 896, MafiaSSK wrote:You don't give substantial reasoning behind reads or votes.
Neither did yours
In post 896, MafiaSSK wrote:Your votes are too reactive.
So was mine, why didnt you question it?

Unvote
Vote: SSK
I have dived into your scum meta before, Sakura. You're not acting like that there. You seem town here, so of course a reactive vote wouldn't be as scummy for you. A reactive vote is cream on a cake.
In post 898, geists wrote:
In post 896, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 895, KoreanBBQ wrote:You just claimed scum when I asked you for your reasoning of why you jumped on my wagon and you were all like "what? who?"

vote:SSK
Oh, you did ask? Mostly gut. I was also, you know the third vote or L-8.
But I mean I went through a quick ISO glance as well to not find that much beneficial town content. You don't give substantial reasoning behind reads or votes. Your votes are too reactive.
If you see that as me claiming scum, cool stuff bro.

Someone who hydras with Nati should at least vaguely understand that it's the timing and tempo of events in the game that explain GiF's votes.
It's one of Nat's worse traits.

In post 899, KoreanBBQ wrote:Well your gut sucks.
MafiaSSK wrote:You don't give substantial reasoning behind reads or votes.
but neither did you. :facepalm:

And I did give reasoning behind Gen.

This head has never put down a SRS vote until the vote on you.

If you think "not beneficial content" is a scum tell please explain why Domo's 413 and 546 were beneficial? What did pitoli post that was beneficial? What Stuffed Crust posted that was beneficial? What was beneficial from Desp and Talah?

'cause the reasoning that you are using applies to others as well so FMPOV it looks like you just hopping on a wagon and calling it a day.
Hypocrisy isn't a scumtell.
I like serious votes. But thanks to that explanation, I'll rescind my attack on your reasonless votes being scummy.
Fair points there.
Meh yeah. I guess I wasn't giving a wide enough scope. But as I said, it's mostly gut.
I have only been lynched as scum once. I got thrown off balance early by a huge swing of suspicion onto me (the reason, though not relevant, was me accidentally putting someone at L-1 on like page 4). In that game, I made a lot of posts like this one, I believe.
In post 939, MC Maraca wrote:ahhh

I just...

Can't...

Nerotown

towntowntowntowntowntowntowntowntowntown

and the wagon is shit

and this argument between him and Gen is shit

and it needs to stop

now.
WHere on earth do you get this?
In post 965, pieguyn wrote:holy crap Cephrir
In post 960, Cephrir wrote:Ugh. I get opposite conclusions about these exact lines.
mind elaborating on this?
I don't think I need to anymore, as the point appears to be moot.
In post 968, KoreanBBQ wrote:@ceph re sakura

Knowing that sak was away for irl reason, seeing someone putting sak in scumpile will make me immediately think that they're going for an easy target. That's what I was saying.
K.

Incoming: read list with no reasoning whatsoever because I shouldn't be here
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor