NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:06 am

Post by Empire »

Those who have not confirmed have 48 hours to do so ending in (expired on 2013-12-08 16:39:55)

Day 1, Votecount 10
Stuffed Crust (2)
-
Cephrir, KoreanBBQ

KoreanBBQ (2)
-
Brian Skies, Tammy

MC Maraca (2)
-
Sakura Hana, pitoli

Casso the King of Seals (1)
-
BROseidon

geists (1)
-
Generic

pitoli (1)
-
Casso the King of Seals

goodmorning (1)
-
talah

BROseidon (1)
-
Stuffed Crust

Tammy (1)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Generic (1)
-
goodmorning

Not Voting (7)
-
roflcopter, roflwaffles, SonOfZeus, DOMO, Desperado, geists, MC Maraca

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Deadline is on December 20th at 3:45 PM EST or in (expired on 2013-12-20 16:44:27)

Mod Notes
-
DOMO is V/LA until Monday.
Last edited by Empire on Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:07 am

Post by Generic »

Looks like BROseidon misinterpreted it too since he believes casso is scum.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:15 am

Post by geists »

Yeah, no that was totally a defense. While I agree with what F-16 said about the Buzzword game and Nacho's early stance on orcinus being shaped by mine, I laid out why I thought he was bringing the wrong lesson from that game given my actual point about orcinus, which was that there was precious little room for mislynches in that game. And Nacho wound up targeting two other of my townreads that day.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:24 am

Post by Generic »

My only experience of scum nacho is newbie 1391 (I think that's the number). In that he was under pressure early in day 1, having pushed on both his teammate and me before moving on to lower hanging fruit.
But the biggest tell was how disinterested he became as we closed in on him. He would disappear for long stretches pushin every decision to deadline.
So this is why I'm very interested in the points being raised, cos it's not quite what I had experienced.

It's why I haven't commented negatively on f16s proposal to nacho of the truce cos for me he's one of those players that becomes apparent scum as time goes on.
How good is Thor? Experienced scum player? Cos it's two mindsets I'm dealing with.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:31 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 577, geists wrote:Yeah, no that was totally a defense. While I agree with what F-16 said about the Buzzword game and Nacho's early stance on orcinus being shaped by mine, I laid out why I thought he was bringing the wrong lesson from that game given my actual point about orcinus, which was that there was precious little room for mislynches in that game. And Nacho wound up targeting two other of my townreads that day.
So you are saying that his (unjustified) focus on Brian was because Brian was one of the few people he thought he could mislynch?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:37 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 578, Generic wrote:It's why I haven't commented negatively on f16s proposal to nacho of the truce cos for me
he's one of those players that becomes apparent scum as time goes on
. How good is Thor? Experienced scum player? Cos it's two mindsets I'm dealing with.
Thor is a good scum player as well. I agree with the bolded part. I was thinking about this game and I came up with a better strategy than a truce for the future.

1) Call Nacho a "Nacho" read Day 1.
2) Hope he does amazingly pro-town things like leading lynches on scum.
3) Check if ffery is in the game. If she is likely town, ask her to sort Nacho for you.
4) If Nacho is in hydra with someone other than Thor, read his partner.
5) If he is in a hydra with Thor, follow instruction under the spoiler:

Spoiler:
1) Call Thor a "Thor" read Day 1
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:42 am

Post by Generic »

The question there then f16 is can you read ffery fast enough for this policy to work out?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:46 am

Post by geists »

F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 577, geists wrote:Yeah, no that was totally a defense. While I agree with what F-16 said about the Buzzword game and Nacho's early stance on orcinus being shaped by mine, I laid out why I thought he was bringing the wrong lesson from that game given my actual point about orcinus, which was that there was precious little room for mislynches in that game. And Nacho wound up targeting two other of my townreads that day.
So you are saying that his (unjustified) focus on Brian was because Brian was one of the few people he thought he could mislynch?
If only mafia were that straightforward.

What initially caught my eye was Nacho going after low-hanging fruit right off the bat. Though he's more likely to do that as scum than town, he does it as town, too sometimes. But it's usually an invitation for a lurksack to step it up or die when he's town.

Thinking about it, and thinking about what my own approach as scum would be with this player list, it really jumped out. The Buzzword game had a strong effect on my game in both alignments. Although I already had figured out that it's critical as scum to develop an endgame scenario and strategy on day 1 - early day 1 if possible, I learned a ton about making it happen in that game. Which is ironic given that Nacho and Mastin weren't able to actually make it happen. The mafia qt from Buzzword is like a textbook on how to go about dividing town and targeting/developing a mislynch path.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:49 am

Post by Generic »

Who was the low hanging fruit? Brian?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:50 am

Post by Generic »

Also, given GOodmorning has done the square root of sod all why have a few got such a strong town read on her?

Is she known as town for being awkward, no use and then absent?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:53 am

Post by geists »

In post 581, Generic wrote:The question there then f16 is can you read ffery fast enough for this policy to work out?
My meta breaks down into three major bins. If I'm playing inside the right bins, I'm an easy read for meta-readers. If I'm having a "bad" towngame (for some values of "bad" anyway), then apparently it's a lot harder to discern whether I'm town or scum. Fortunately (I think) even when I'm playing badly as town, my body of work usually points to a town mindset.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:54 am

Post by Generic »

There you go again. You said to me not do long ago how you aren't self aware...

I really can't get on board with you ffery, you are a walking contradiction.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:56 am

Post by geists »

In post 584, Generic wrote:Also, given GOodmorning has done the square root of sod all why have a few got such a strong town read on her?

Is she known as town for being awkward, no use and then absent?
goodmorning is effectively v/la every weekend. She's also a difficult read for me in a lot of ways. I'm going to be ecstatic if I can learn from players who are better at reading her in this game.

mara, you and GiF didn't catch on to GM on day 1 of the narnia game. Neither did I, though we all three had suspicions, I think.

Do you feel like you can do better this game?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:58 am

Post by geists »

In post 586, Generic wrote:There you go again. You said to me not do long ago how you aren't self aware...

I really can't get on board with you ffery, you are a walking contradiction.
That's me basically parroting something Cabd says about his difficulties in reading me.

Thing is, what I think of as my "bad" town games and what he thinks of as "bad" town games don't line up entirely well.

This is a reverse engineering project in progress, basically, and I pounce on every clue I get about what actually drives his reads of me when he's town.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:05 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 573, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I don't get it. Do you agree with it? Your vote doesn't make sense based on this statement.
The point I was making is that you use specific evidence to back up a claim; a lot of people on this site have a hard time with that, and it pisses me off.

My dance with Nacho has nothing to do with your argument, though. It's something else that I'm looking at.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:06 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 576, Generic wrote:Looks like BROseidon misinterpreted it too since he believes casso is scum.
I see why you got that impression, but I more just ignored his argument because of what I stated above.

I also expect Nacho to be a strong enough player that a meta argument built around a single game is insufficient to demonstrate anything.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:16 am

Post by Empire »

Replacing SonOfZeus and roflwaffles.

Prodding roflcopter.
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:19 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

In post 535, KoreanBBQ wrote:meh, Stuffed Crust is ok. Not very good posting but the scummiest thing is that they have a Barkley avi instead of obvious stuffed crust pizza. Since you guys asked, the reason that I didn't like Gen's 285 is 'cause I though what Fery wrote (about reading us) was plenty reasonable and Gen making a big hoopla out of that rubs me in the wrong way. Or maybe I'm just used to the way GIF rubs me.
what the fuck is this
In post 539, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 535, KoreanBBQ wrote:meh, Stuffed Crust is ok. Not very good posting but the scummiest thing is that they have a Barkley avi instead of obvious stuffed crust pizza. Since you guys asked, the reason that I didn't like Gen's 285 is 'cause I though what Fery wrote (about reading us) was plenty reasonable and Gen making a big hoopla out of that rubs me in the wrong way. Or maybe I'm just used to the way GIF rubs me.
There's more to it though.
I find the lack of v's presence disturbing.
oh you got us! varsoon's been lurking sitewide so we can gain an advantage in this game!

no wait. that's not right, is it?

what a weak place to put your vote. i feel like you're pretending to do some work.

catching up now
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:32 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

WHAT IS UPPPP? SSK HERE REPLACING ROFLWAFFLE.

Geists=Town
Generic=Town
F-16=Town
Tammy=Uber Town
Bro=Maybe Scum
MC=Maybe Scum
Pitoli=maybe scum
BBQ=scum

Vote Korean BBQ
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:46 am

Post by DOMO »

Oh yay I have a read.

vote mafiassk

That feels like a really awkward entrance. I arrived to the party late and I'm daunted by having to play ctach up. He comes in and immediately puts his pawns in place. That doesn't feel much like a town entrance to me.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:48 am

Post by DOMO »

roflwaffle didn't post. Humph.

Glad he's gone though because now if I want to lynch roflcopter I can just vote rofl.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:52 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 591, Empire wrote:

Prodding roflcopter.
In post 593, MafiaSSK wrote:WHAT IS UPPPP? SSK HERE REPLACING ROFLWAFFLE.

Geists=Town
Generic=Town
F-16=Town
Tammy=Uber Town
Bro=Maybe Scum
MC=Maybe Scum
Pitoli=maybe scum
BBQ=scum

Vote Korean BBQ
Did it take 16 minutes for you to read the thread and develop reads? Are you Number Jonny Five? It took me an hour to scan to page ten before I got bored and went to bed. I still haven't read between 10 and last page.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:01 am

Post by Generic »

In post 596, DOMO wrote:
In post 591, Empire wrote:

Prodding roflcopter.
In post 593, MafiaSSK wrote:WHAT IS UPPPP? SSK HERE REPLACING ROFLWAFFLE.

Geists=Town
Generic=Town
F-16=Town
Tammy=Uber Town
Bro=Maybe Scum
MC=Maybe Scum
Pitoli=maybe scum
BBQ=scum

Vote Korean BBQ
Did it take 16 minutes for you to read the thread and develop reads? Are you Number Jonny Five? It took me an hour to scan to page ten before I got bored and went to bed. I still haven't read between 10 and last page.

Lol, you beat me to it.

I'm always wary of someone who town reads me so readily day 1, but townreads me in 16 minutes? That's some record.
And a definitive scum read on Korean... If love to hear the explannation for that.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:01 am

Post by Empire »

Sorry forgot to update, MafiaSSK replaces roflwaffles.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:07 am

Post by DOMO »

It's taken me 16 minutes to scan ffery's ISO (geists not rift, repeat x10). I think this is town ffery but her game is so well balanced that I'm cautious townreading her so early.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”