NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Post by Generic »

Which are your posts?

Cos the opening posts were very solid in my opinion. where they you or ffery?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:35 pm

Post by geists »

They were part me, part her. We have a tendency to overlap each other. Everything after ~page 4 is fferyllt. That's when I had to go to work.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:36 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Generic can go in my townpile as well. The objections to the post were the same that I would have had if I didn't know who wrote it.

Tammy, how are your reads looking at the moment?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:27 am

Post by geists »

In post 297, Generic wrote:OK, now i see what you mean, did i use 'he'?

If you want to differ the response to the head who put you in the shit in the first place that's fine, but my vote is standing so i would have a chat with your partner at some point before she makes matters worse for you both.
Hi.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:10 am

Post by talah »

Hi guys. It's fine, I'm here, crisis over.

And with that I'll be back in three days. Got a site move happening at work and didn't expect we'd be starting IMMEDIATELY.

Perhaps when I get back the meta love-in will have borne some results?

Good evening.

VOTE: GOODMORNING
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:56 am

Post by Empire »

Those who have not confirmed have 48 hours to do so ending in (expired on 2013-12-08 16:39:55)

Day 1, Votecount 6
geists (3)
-
geists, KoreanBBQ, Generic

KoreanBBQ (2)
-
Brian Skies, Tammy

MC Maraca (2)
-
Sakura Hana, pitoli

goodmorning (1)
-
talah

Stuffed Crust (1)
-
Cephrir

BROseidon (1)
-
Stuffed Crust

Tammy (1)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Generic (1)
-
goodmorning

Not Voting (8)
-
Casso the King of Seals, roflcopter, roflwaffles, SonOfZeus, DOMO, Desperado, MC Maraca, BROseidon

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Deadline is on December 20th at 3:45 PM EST or in (expired on 2013-12-20 16:44:27)

Mod Notes
-
DOMO is V/LA until Monday.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:27 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

Vote: Goodmorning

I think the whole ISO blather is pure town sounding lies.

I like the Geist push but imagine Nacho may want to say something about it to me, and he's being a lurksack right now. And he was supposed to be the posting head here, so...yeah.
As a random note - I refuse to sign anything, if you can't tell the difference between Nacho and me I don't care, read us as a single entity anyway, that's how a hydra works last I checked.

I have FF, Stuffed, and Generic as town.
Reads may adjust as we combine them, or maybe Nacho will sheep me - you'll have to wait and see.

Here's my application to the town block also:

You're allowed to sheep me.
-Casso.

Done!
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:28 am

I wonder if my rants will be as effective with that seal face staring out at everyone.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:08 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 278, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 268, BROseidon wrote:
In post 265, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 264, BROseidon wrote:If you didn't do what I think you did I'm going to be incredibly disappointed :/
Guess that depends on what you were thinking?
I got something that indicates that your name might as well be green in the OP.
Well I'm town so that counts!
Not sure if confirmation of what I suspect or...
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Cephir, pray tell what you didn't like from our slot.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:12 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 307, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I wonder if my rants will be as effective with that seal face staring out at everyone.
No, but it also makes me not want to lynch you because OMG SO CUTE.

It's almost as cute as the avatar on the me/penguin hydra.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:12 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 309, Nero Cain wrote:Cephir, pray tell what you didn't like from our slot.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:13 am

Post by BROseidon »

Also I'm lost right now beyond masoning* with MC and townreading generic.

I'm bad at larges :/

*we're not actually masons.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:17 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

Happy scumday nero!
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:55 am

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 306, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
Vote: Goodmorning

I think the whole ISO blather is pure town sounding lies.

I like the Geist push but imagine Nacho may want to say something about it to me, and he's being a lurksack right now. And he was supposed to be the posting head here, so...yeah.
As a random note - I refuse to sign anything, if you can't tell the difference between Nacho and me I don't care, read us as a single entity anyway, that's how a hydra works last I checked.

I have FF, Stuffed, and Generic as town.
Reads may adjust as we combine them, or maybe Nacho will sheep me - you'll have to wait and see.

Here's my application to the town block also:

You're allowed to sheep me.
-Casso.

Done!
Make Nacho fill this out.

otherwise, I won't accept this
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:57 am

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 283, KoreanBBQ wrote:WHAT DID I DO LAST TIME AND WHAT DID I DO THIS TIME D:
You make me wanna pull my hairs out.
In post 285, Generic wrote:Mara, im here but im guessing you may not be. Don't panic, you and i will get to do our day 1 dance soon enough :p
You're gone again, aren't you :(
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:06 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

Mara not saying hi to me is prob a scum claim.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:07 am

Post by MC Maraca »

Bitchplz
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:54 am

Post by Generic »

In post 312, BROseidon wrote:Also I'm lost right now beyond masoning* with MC and townreading generic.

I'm bad at larges :/

*we're not actually masons.
I can relate on the large game thing, I am trying to look at people in patches because otherwise there are too many pockets if conversations on the go.

BROseidon, who are you feeling the least happy with so far. Not gonna expect full scum reads at this stage Roth do many having yet to put any pertinent input into this, but who is beeping on the radar at least in your eyes?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:55 am

Post by Generic »

Roth do = with so
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:00 am

Post by geists »

Hey generic, I'm a little pissed that you called me out last night, I acknowledged and was ready to engage, and your next post in the game does not address your concerns with me.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:17 am

Post by Generic »

In post 320, geists wrote:Hey generic, I'm a little pissed that you called me out last night, I acknowledged and was ready to engage, and your next post in the game does not address your concerns with me.
I don't know how it works in your head geists, but when I present a concern, explain that concern and vote i don't expect it to be me to continue engaging.

You teammate handwaved me away with a 'wasn't me posting' comment, and didn't even try to offer a defence, and when you (assume this is ffery) do pop in you simply drop a 'hi' expecting me to be the one doing all the comments?

My issues are there to read, make your comments on that, then i will happily come back to you. Im looking for scum here, not waiting for people to come up with a good enough excuse to explain away behaviour that doesn't sit right with me. And given the issues ive had elsewhere i am trying me best to actually keep a focus on analysing players and forming opinions rather than random ranting (and RL has improved which helps).
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:36 am

Post by geists »

You invoked me, and I'm here. I assumed you wanted back and forth, not a wall.

The early pages of a game make me think of a pack of dogs checking each other out, sniffing butts, etc. They hold still for a moment, and then either they bare teeth and growl, or the ears go back and they're friends. This game, for whatever reason, I feel like I'm first in line to be checked out and I'm putting up with it in fairly good humor so far. I stress "so far" because overall my mood this weekend is pretty stormy, and that's going to bleed into most if not all of my games.

I''m not sure if it was Nero or GiF who asked the question about how quickly I read him. I kinda think Nero. The stuff of reads comes under my personal heading of "arms race". Unless I am actually making a case for someone being town or scum, I don't get very specific about exactly how easy players are to read or specifically what I"m looking for in players I am familiar with.

Also, both players know me and know how accurate my reads have been historically. GiF knows me quite well, given the number of games we've played, including our hydra games. I'm not giving him anything more than I must in terms of how to go about getting townreads from me. He's already too good at it. There are a couple of recent games where I townread him when he was scum. Though in one, he was hydraing with Nacho, and the townread had a pretty high nacho component. :/

Anyway. Any player who asks me in the early game how easy they are to read is going to get handwaving and bullshit when I'm town. When I'm scum, I might actually make something plausible up because it's the easier, less attention-attracting path.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:47 am

In post 10, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Nacho, can we make a truce until day 3? Best friends: neither of us suspects the other until day 3, we don't kill each other until day 3 if scum (or at least fight hard for an alternate kill if they really want to kill our slots that badly), we don't play dirty with power roles until day 3. I think it will be most to our benefit if we are both town, but if one of us is scum, I think it will work to the townie's benefit. Do you agree?
I accept!
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:50 am

Post by Generic »

In post 322, geists wrote:You invoked me, and I'm here. I assumed you wanted back and forth, not a wall.

1. The early pages of a game make me think of a pack of dogs checking each other out, sniffing butts, etc. They hold still for a moment, and then either they bare teeth and growl, or the ears go back and they're friends. This game, for whatever reason, I feel like I'm first in line to be checked out and I'm putting up with it in fairly good humor so far. I stress "so far" because overall my mood this weekend is pretty stormy, and that's going to bleed into most if not all of my games.

2. I''m not sure if it was Nero or GiF who asked the question about how quickly I read him. I kinda think Nero. The stuff of reads comes under my personal heading of "arms race". Unless I am actually making a case for someone being town or scum, I don't get very specific about exactly how easy players are to read or specifically what I"m looking for in players I am familiar with.

3. Also, both players know me and know how accurate my reads have been historically. GiF knows me quite well, given the number of games we've played, including our hydra games. I'm not giving him anything more than I must in terms of how to go about getting townreads from me. He's already too good at it. There are a couple of recent games where I townread him when he was scum. Though in one, he was hydraing with Nacho, and the townread had a pretty high nacho component. :/

4. Anyway. Any player who asks me in the early game how easy they are to read is going to get handwaving and bullshit when I'm town. When I'm scum, I might actually make something plausible up because it's the easier, less attention-attracting path.

1. You are preaching to the choir on that one, I am mr emotional play, ask natirasha on that front. So if you feel like getting snarky with me go ahead, just be prepared for me to bring similar back if im on a dark cloud day :p

2. OK, that sort of explains the vagueness of the response. I would point out I agree at such an early stage in the game full reads on people are pointless and you can only get gut reads or leanings at best (even worse that most of the day so far has been RVS)... It was however only a question of how quickly you read them rather than what your read currently was so you could have just left it at 'fairly quickly, will tell you when I have something of note on you'.

3. Again this is good to know and seems from the heart, but completely irrelevant to the situation you were answering at the time. These guys who know how accurate you have been in the past have asked you how quickly you read them and you didn't just answer that but create a series of get outs that covers you in case you are put on the spot over it later.

4. THIS is closer to an actual explanation, and does begin to explain the comments of others pointing to my lack of play time with yourself... Why bother with 2 and 3 when 1 and 4 would have covered a starting point to our discussion?

Laughably I actually am starting to think you ffery and I have similar mindsets with regards to mafia games and how we approach them/post in them... I wonder if that will translate into a better understanding of eachothers mindset as we move forwards.

Answer me this as best as you can. If I had posted the following would you have raised an eyebrow:

"I think I can get a good read on Mara because I have played many games with her and generally can tell her alignment withing the first day or so... but then again I usually misread her scum games as town."

Because that above is me basically saying I can read Mara but only when she is town... and therefore basically always townread her. And that's exactly how your comment on GIF felt.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”