Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:46 pm

Post by Ether »

You implied that I said, "Back off, Thesp is mine" to trick the town into no-lynching, with malice aforethought. Then you said you were cool with a no-lynch anyway (and you did place what was only the second vote on me, after deadline announcement, pre-Adele claim). I don't get it.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by Glork »

Ether posted twice in one day?

This is blasphemy. BLASPHEMY!
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Nightfall wrote:I dont like how that came across. What if we just cant find what your talking about?
I didn't mean it that way, sorry. I meant that even if you don't find exactly what I'm referring to, we'll be able to gauge your township to some extent by your willingness to make the effort. I also think scum typically sounds awkward talking about their scumpartner, so if CDB's a dirtbag, I wanna see everyone analyze his post history.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:57 pm

Post by Glork »

Well at this point, MBL, he's going to get the bus, if he isn't already. He's at... what, Lynch -2?... and at least 2-3 people have expressed willingness to lynch, even without a counterclaim.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:26 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Ether wrote: Then you said you were cool with a no-lynch anyway (and you did place what was only the second vote on me, after deadline announcement, pre-Adele claim). I don't get it.
1. I dont believe that I ever said I was cool with a no-lynch
2. I thought Adele wasn't scum and didn't want to vote her.
3. Maybe I did vote you after the announcement of a deadline, so? I didn't say that I would hammer Thesp. You called it, and you decided not to follow through without telling anyone.

MBL > Okay, now I got yah. I'll do a reread of his posts tommorrow when I get home. Maybe I'll find it then. When I do think I find something though, or even if I dont, at that point will you share with me what it is you think is so scummy? We might end up with completely diferent posts and reasons. And in that scenerio I would like to know what you found to be the scummiest thing.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:26 pm

Post by Mgm »

Glork wrote:Well at this point, MBL, he's going to get the bus, if he isn't already. He's at... what, Lynch -2?... and at least 2-3 people have expressed willingness to lynch, even without a counterclaim.
Of course, it's incredible. What's the chance we've hit on all the power roles so soon? On the other hand, this town has a history of outing power roles, so I'm not willing to lynch him. If we do and he turns up town, the scum have succeeded in having the town effectively kill all its power roles. If we leave him alive for a while, we can still lynch him later when evidence is more damning (I haven't found the post MBL was referring to yet).

I think caution is warranted here.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:00 am

Post by Glork »

....so you
are
his Godfather!
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:02 am

Post by Mgm »

Of course not. Either the scum kill me tonight, or we'll find the real GF before the endgame. Either way, I'll be off the hook.
Show
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

ChannelDelibird: 4 (Thesp Fritzler MrBuddyLee Glork)
Thesp: 2 (CES ChannelDelibird)
Zindaras: 1 (Patrick)
Ether: 1 (Mgm)

Not voting: Ether Nightfall Zindaras

Looking for
votes for a lynch!
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:21 am

Post by Zindaras »

Glork wrote:No, now you're not only twisting my argument, but falsely labeling the attacks of Thesp's other attackers. Several player made arguments with more logical content. But to halfway answer your question: Sometimes. Re-reading a player's posts does not make you less likely to be scum when you make your argument. It just means you're trying harder. Like I said, there were other reasons -- timing, mannerisms -- which contribute to my sentiment. The fact that you made an entire PBPA which basically amounted to "let me label all of Thesp's good posts as "Argument." or "Response to X" and let me focus on what I can drag out that's scummy" without supplementing that attack with a vote until a week later when you could wagon Thesp to Lynch -2 sends up red flags.
As I said in the post, Thesp was sucky or scum (something he himself agreed with). As I said in Post 632, I wanted to reread for Adele (the alternative) before voting Thesp (and later Ether, another raised alternative). After I reread their posts, I cast my vote for Thesp. I felt he was narrow-minded in his attacks on AndrewS and CDB.

I think we may be looking at a Glork one-two here. Link a townie to a buddy, 'wagon your buddy, then lynch the townie the next day.

I can definitely see Glork as a godfather.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:42 am

Post by Thesp »

Zindaras wrote:As I said in the post, Thesp was sucky or scum (something he himself agreed with). As I said in Post 632, I wanted to reread for Adele (the alternative) before voting Thesp (and later Ether, another raised alternative). After I reread their posts, I cast my vote for Thesp. I felt he was narrow-minded in his attacks on AndrewS and CDB.
Now that there seems to be a general consensus that ChannelDelibird is scum (please correct me if I am incorrect in this perception), would you characterize my focus on CDB the same?

...actually, just went back and re-read your latest posts. You've
ignored
the ChannelDelibird hullabaloo, including counter-claim discussion.
FOS: Zindaras.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:01 am

Post by Glork »

Yes, Thesp. We've already established that CDB and Zindie are scum together, remember?

Now what interests me, Zindie, is why you choose to say you see me as a
Godfather
, as opposed to being a
scumbag
in general. Mind explaining that one?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:30 am

Post by Patrick »

Zindaras, your last post seems to come with the assumption that Channel Delibird is scum (but presumably not the GF). Is that correct?

I tend to think that CDB would put more effort in at this stage if he really were the roleblocker, especially when certain ppl are throwing around the idea of lynching without waiting for possible counterclaims. He feels like scum who's nearly given up.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:38 am

Post by Glork »

Well the presumption that I saw in Zindie's comment is that he knows I'd show up innocent to an investigation. Interesting note on the "CDB is a goon" assumption.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:39 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

I should probably get back to my re-read if I want to give my opinion on everyone before the lynch. Do you mind if I do it after? I can do the re-read during the night?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:40 am

Post by Glork »

Well, I *really* would've liked you to do it before CDB got busted, but I'm not entirely sure that it matters anymore. At this point, I'd
rather
you do it before the lynch, simply because I'd like to see your thoughts as of
now
, without the additional knowledge/influences of another lynch and another night kill.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:06 am

My opinion as regards the most likely lynch and most likely nightkill(Channel and Mgm respectively) are already out there. And I'm pretty sure I'm right on both counts, so I doubt waiting one night will affect my opinion.

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:13 am

Post by Zindaras »

Thesp wrote:Now that there seems to be a general consensus that ChannelDelibird is scum (please correct me if I am incorrect in this perception), would you characterize my focus on CDB the same?
Being narrow-minded on the right person (which is to be determined later, once we lynch him) does not change anything about being narrow-minded.

However, it does change my opinion about you, obviously.
...actually, just went back and re-read your latest posts. You've
ignored
the ChannelDelibird hullabaloo, including counter-claim discussion.
FOS: Zindaras.
"I think we're looking at a Glork one-two" does, in fact, say anything about CDB. Patrick is correct in saying that. And I don't see how discussing possible counter-claims helps us in any way. We should simply ignore the possibility of a counter-claim, since even talking about it is going to give stuff away if he's lying.
Glork wrote:Now what interests me, Zindie, is why you choose to say you see me as a
Godfather
, as opposed to being a
scumbag
in general. Mind explaining that one?
Eh, who proposed it? I thought it was MBL. You went erratic, all over the map, Day One. Great way to get the Cop to investigate you. That's why I characterized you as more likely to be a godfather role.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:20 am

Post by Glork »

Remind me after this game to just put a disclaimer in my sig saying that I play erratically in approximately half of my D1s. I'm getting sick of reminding people of that every time I *do* play erratically.

In the meantime, I'm just going to leave you with a quote from another player, in another game, who *does* recognize that it's just a random playstyle I slide into:
I think Glork's doing one of his normal day one town behaviors (he has lots of them); he will do this crazy behavior. It serves two purposes; it puts people on edge, which can make them say stuff they didn't want to, and it makes scum less likely to kill Glork, which is good for town.

Other than Space Monkeys (which is unusual because I knew that the townies thought they were scum and were more likely to be erratic, too), I can't think of a single time that crazyerraticD1glork has been scum. I
can
, however, name at least half a dozen games when crazyerraticD1glork has been town.
Sesame Street, Cultural Revolution, KM2, Snakes on a Plane, Newbie 254, Band Mafia, CSER.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:20 am

Glrok is probably pro-town in this game. True story.

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by Patrick »

Zindaras wrote:"I think we're looking at a Glork one-two" does, in fact, say anything about CDB. Patrick is correct in saying that. And I don't see how discussing possible counter-claims helps us in any way. We should simply ignore the possibility of a counter-claim, since even talking about it is going to give stuff away if he's lying.
In posts before that, I don't really see you mentioning CDB. Now you've come in with the assumption that he is scum, seemingly automatically. What led to this? Have you read his posts and found something damning?
Zindaras wrote:Eh, who proposed it? I thought it was MBL. You went erratic, all over the map, Day One. Great way to get the Cop to investigate you. That's why I characterized you as more likely to be a godfather role.
If I remember right, MBL actually suggested this about Thesp.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:49 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Glork wrote:In the meantime, I'm just going to leave you with a quote from another player, in another game, who *does* recognize that it's just a random playstyle I slide into:
I know why you do it and I perfectly understand it, as I do it myself. The rationale doesn't have to be explained.
Other than Space Monkeys (which is unusual because I knew that the townies thought they were scum and were more likely to be erratic, too), I can't think of a single time that crazyerraticD1glork has been scum. I
can
, however, name at least half a dozen games when crazyerraticD1glork has been town.
Sesame Street, Cultural Revolution, KM2, Snakes on a Plane, Newbie 254, Band Mafia, CSER.
The important thing to note here is that there was a specific reason to be crazy erratic in Space Monkeys. If you are the godfather, there is a specific reason to be crazy erratic in this game as well. That is why I characterized you as the godfather. If the real godfather dies, you're town in my book.

As an aside, I really wouldn't do that in a Newbie game.
Patrick wrote:In posts before that, I don't really see you mentioning CDB. Now you've come in with the assumption that he is scum, seemingly automatically. What led to this? Have you read his posts and found something damning?
For one, I feel that there is a link between Glrok and CDB. For two, I don't like his claim. He puts pretty much all of his defense in that claim.
If I remember right, MBL actually suggested this about Thesp.
Well, as I said, it works for Glork as well.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:01 am

Post by Mgm »

Zindaras wrote:That is why I characterized you as the godfather. If the real godfather dies, you're town in my book.
I don't think that's likely to happen. I still have the feeling Glork is subtly trying to paint others as GF (he subtly did it to me using a joke - at least it looked like a joke to me) in an attempt to protect either himself or the real GF. If he can keep the GF alive I won't be confirmed.

Also, since mith announced search is disabled, would you mind pointing out who said that quote about your play and in what game, Glork? I wouldn't put it passed you to make up a quote when the search is conveniently disabled. I'm still paranoid from watching the recent season of "The Mole" and I don't want the wool pulled over my eyes with tricks I could've found out about.
Show
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:16 am

Don't worry, Mgm, the quote is truthful.

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:32 am

Post by Glork »

Zindaras wrote:For one, I feel that there is a link between Glrok and CDB.
Alright, I
definitely
want this one explained in great detail. Quotes! Post numbers! More betterer reasoning! The masses demand it!
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”