Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:48 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 544, MattP wrote:Whiskers, if you DON'T have a scumread on me why aren't you trying to work with me? I think I'm a pretty rational guy. It seems that if you just stopped throwing insults and snark at me and tried being cooperative it would make a whole lot more sense. Your antagonism towards nearly every player in the game is irrationally unproductive.
No, I actually kind of... Well, no, I'm not trying to work with you. But I'm no longer trying to work against you. TBH, I read you as more-town than Wisdom (but I'm not accounting for the fact that, the more posts you have, the more scum you'll seem).

[url="post 534]http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p5500518[/url] started out with me reading it and going, "Yeah... I'll buy it. From you. Seems honest enough." And then I read the rest of the post.

And, now that I think about it, it's really weird that
again
, I'm doing something, and shos is doing something, and you scumread shos for it, but I'm somehow shielded from the scumread. Argh. I can't pretend that doesn't look like something scum would do! Placate the loud, obnoxious one, and go for the easier lynch. You can always Nightkill me anyway, if you have to.

But whatever. Point is, I trust you more than you think I do.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:57 am

Post by MattP »

In post 547, shos wrote:
In post 516, shos wrote:it sure sounds like it, tho.

for example, that first example that you gave - the 'reaction test'. well. firstly, I'm like 99% sure that this was not a reaction test, and rather it was just a bullshit lie matt was saying which is perfectly fine because that's what people say in RVS.
Matt - was it planned to be a reaction test or not?
-to confirm. then, you say that you called the RT, and pretended to not know that this is a reaction test. that sounds the most fake you can say EVER. that's really not even close.
In post 522, shos wrote:You misunderstood. I asked if post 23 was a planned reaction test or not. Plain and simple.
MATT

answer please.
I was saying something extreme to get a response from someone in the game, yes. The expected response would be someone calling me out, in which case I intended to turn it back around and try to trap the player. It was easy bait, and stupid bait. It was me saying I would hammer someone carelessly so someone would go "That's dumb!" and then I'd go "You're dumb for believing it" and then see if the person squirmed. Wisdom did the first part, I employed the second expecting squirming, and he then made me realize that he was doing the same thing to me. He was baiting with a lie and trying to catch me too. He was trying to pressure me into saying something stupid, and it was a step ahead of what I was doing. I thought he was town for it and I moved on. Within the next few pages he ultra-confirmed his alignment anyway.
SlappyKrust
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:58 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 549, Wisdom wrote:Then Whiskers why are you pointing things that should be making you think I am scum, only to say that you don't want to call me scum afterwards? What's the point?
I'm not, I mean [this particular thing is a difference of opinion or playstyle, and that's not telling], but that's not the only aspect of it. Also the other one you're thinking of ("You must be so happy together") was because I feel like you shouldn't have had such strong townreads on each other. I still don't, really. I was suggesting that you weren't
necessarily
scum, but if not, you were dating. Get it?
In post 549, Wisdom wrote:Btw to answer you, I wanted to see how Matt would react if I acted like I thought he was serious. I succeeded. If I had ignored it, neither of us would have got a read on each other. Why do that?
Because... why
would
you do that? I know, you just told me. But I've never seen that done before, to my knowledge. I guess it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. "It's weird."
In post 548, MattP wrote:
In post 546, Whiskers wrote:Idk, RVS bullshit. And if it was a reaction test-- and you recognized it as one-- I'm pretty sure the townie thing to do would be to ignore it, rather than carefully crafting your reaction to paint you in a townie light. But that's nothing I'd call you scum for. Especially considering the way it fizzled out without going anywhere...
Except instead of ignoring it he turned it around back on me by asking ME a question so that I was in the spotlight? And then I asked HIM a question about his question? And so on for a few posts. And the amazing this is that within five minutes we both had townreads on each other! Call that effective!
Yeah, ok. But looking back on your exchange, it was something like,

M: I'll hammer Wisdom!
W: Why didn't you vote me, if you were willing to hammer?
btw, you don't vote someone you say you'll hammer, because then you can't lay down the hammer, duh. I've been thinking this every time I read that post.

M: You thought I was going to hammer?
W: mebbe
M: Did you consider it being a lie?
W: mebbe
M: Right-o.

Why do you have a town read from this? I could see why,
maybe
Wisdom would get a townread on
you
. Maybe. But not the other way 'round.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:59 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

i don't think clicking this link will help much whiskers
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by Whiskers »

And then there was this.
In post 551, MattP wrote:-snip-
Btw, I did believe it, I've seen day-1 Day-1 speed-wagons go through and lynch.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 135, Malakittens wrote:http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Actor

What I thought you possibly were.

My mind is not right at the moment. ._.
This rabbit hole theory is crazy town and not really a scumMala move at all. It is also completely consistent with earlier posting:
In post 78, Malakittens wrote:I have a sight feeling on MattP, but I need to see more, but I can probably see him being town.
So unless you think that Mala-scum came up with the idea at the beginning of the game to suspect someone of being an Actor who didn't RVS vote from her first post, crumb it initially, then react immediately when they put a vote down, then she's probably town.
In post 151, Malakittens wrote:It's your tunneling in general that pisses me off regardless of my alignment in any past game we played. I guess you have a point you haven't tunneled me as town, but right now you're tunneling on town me.
This also struck me as a wonderfully town reaction. I don't think Mala-scum would say something that was false and easily proven to be false and then back down so easily like this.
In post 253, Malakittens wrote:It's part of her scum-meta to do this, but you're ignoring it and treating her like town because she's only focusing on any interactions that's coming at her instead of taking the bull by the horns and looking at other posts like I know town-Peng to do so.
Her push on penguin is also a pretty clear effort to sort her out, and it's a type of attack based on a scumread in a previous game that feels pretty fucking genuine. I always like pushes based on meta authority and this is no exception. Also liked the reach out to mollie even after she found an easy reason to call mollie town.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 552, Whiskers wrote:btw, you don't vote someone you say you'll hammer, because then you can't lay down the hammer, duh. I've been thinking this every time I read that post.
If you are willing to hammer them, you think they are scum. Therefore, you should be voting them. That's what I used.

I don't know why we're still discussing this.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Nacho, thoughts on penguin?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Scum, based on interactions with Mala. I don't like how she doesn't take a position on her tunneling (doesn't even come close to it), and then finds Mala scum for a really really weird reason.

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 556, Wisdom wrote:
In post 552, Whiskers wrote:btw, you don't vote someone you say you'll hammer, because then you can't lay down the hammer, duh. I've been thinking this every time I read that post.
If you are willing to hammer them, you think they are scum. Therefore, you should be voting them. That's what I used.

I don't know why we're still discussing this.
The bolded is not-true, but if that's what you used, that's what you used.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:45 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 526, Whiskers wrote:What you don't like is that me and Matt know each other are town and are working together, and you try to call that buddying or whatever. Too bad.
What I don't like is that you and Matt are working together like you both know the other one is a townie, which you couldn't. I don't like it because town never does this. You're playing like a hydra.[/quote]

hi whiskers hi

lets chat.

have a seat:

I am just going to go with that with the statement above that you are pretty inexperienced. strong town players do it all of the time. there are some players I can read in 1 post and I am always drawing flak for it from players who do not know me. matt gets his reads early so does wis so does nacho and desp. we work with our town reads so that town controls the lynch. <----- its how town wins games.

so now that we have gotten that out of the way lets talk about why you are having such a strong hatred of me. I mean disliking me is something I am kind of used to, also being called stupid or put down but generally I do something first to engender. I have not done 1 fucking thing to you not 1 thing and I have been puzzled and confused by your reaction to me. its why I have not told you to fuck off yet. thats why I think you are scum faking it cos it makes no fucking sense. I don't give a shit if matt and nacho are town reading you nacho will put people as town for really dumb reasons and I don't know how good matt's towndar is.

I mean if you are town why aren't you asking me questions? and why are you voting me if you don't think I am scum cos I got from your post that you really don't think I am.

I want an answer. and I want to know what the fuck is your problem
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:46 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

and nacho you know I am gonna want to get super close and cuddley with you!!1!!!
whew!
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:05 pm

Post by MattP »

I'm pretty well known in general for developing strong townreads quickly actually, now that I recall.
SlappyKrust
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Mollie, what's your main?
I mean, I was gonna say, "who are you" but I've already seen you have at least two alt accounts (both have join dates within a month of this one, so er, why do you have so many fucking accounts?), so what account is your main? I'm curious because I actually thought
you
seem kind of inexperienced, though that's mostly the way you put no fucking effort into anything and don't seem to be able to do things like use bbc tags correctly.

Also, are you posting from your phone?
Or are you going out of your way to be extra awful? I'll forgive "cos". I'd even forgive that you generally have no grammar. But you'd have to try extra hard to type the numeral 1 everytime you want to say "one". You're going out of your way to look stupid. Why?

also,
In post 561, pirate mollie wrote:!!1!!!

Also, did you notice people are putting you on their scum-list? Maybe you should go annoy them instead.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:19 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

dear mollie:
"skelda always looks this scummy!"

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 560, pirate mollie wrote:strong town players do it all of the time. there are some players I can read in 1 post
Yes, but no.

There are players who
think
they can read others in one post.
Even if they can, there's
no
reason for other players to not be suspicious of them both. In fact, I'd say it's far more likely to see two scum who 100% know each other's alignments than two townies, because
townies don't know each other's roles.

So, if you can read people in from one post, I'd say,
There's a great chance of you reading them wrong and not realizing until they beat you as scum (of course, those don't count, brilliant scum play, or you have an off day, or some fluke).
There's a great chance of you thinking you can read them from one post because you go "oh they're town" and they flip town, as the majority of players would do, since the majority of players in any game are town.
There's a great opportunity for you, as scum, to claim to have read your partner as town after his first post. You're totally sure of it, because you are such an experienced mafia player!
There's a great opportunity for your friends, who know you can "read them after one post," to manipulate you into reading them as town after one post, thereby gaining a lovely white-knight for the rest of the game.

But please, bring me examples of you having read people after one post. No doubt you'll prove me wrong in the end.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 564, Nachomamma8 wrote:dear mollie:
((Nacho, can you explain this to me? I don't get the joke))
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by helium-3 »

In post 563, Whiskers wrote:Mollie, what's your main?
I mean, I was gonna say, "who are you" but I've already seen you have at least two alt accounts (both have join dates within a month of this one, so er, why do you have so many fucking accounts?), so what account is your main? I'm curious because I actually thought
you
seem kind of inexperienced, though that's mostly the way you put no fucking effort into anything and don't seem to be able to do things like use bbc tags correctly.

Or are you going out of your way to be extra awful? I'll forgive "cos". I'd even forgive that you generally have no grammar. But you'd have to try extra hard to type the numeral 1 everytime you want to say "one". You're going out of your way to look stupid. Why?

also,

Also, did you notice people are putting you on their scum-list? Maybe you should go annoy them instead.
this is my main. I am in a lot of hydras that are pretty active so I alt slip a lot.

I post the way I do cos it weeds out the people who prefer style over substance ie the dummies who care about such things and the people who have potential. guess where you fit in

answer not good enough try again what is your dealio
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 567, helium-3 wrote:
In post 563, Whiskers wrote:Mollie, what's your main?
you

also,

this is my main. I am in a lot of hydras that are pretty active so I alt slip a lot.

I post the way I do cos it weeds out the people who prefer style over substance ie the dummies who care about such things and the people who have potential. guess where you fit in

answer not good enough try again what is your dealio
whoops this is my main. that 1 is my hydra with antihero
whew!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by Wisdom »

that moment that mollie altslips when posting "this is my main"
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Whiskers, my understanding is that because you are not good at reading people, you think no-one is. You're completely wrong.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 544, MattP wrote:Whiskers, if you DON'T have a scumread on me why aren't you trying to work with me? I think I'm a pretty rational guy. It seems that if you just stopped throwing insults and snark at me and tried being cooperative it would make a whole lot more sense. Your antagonism towards nearly every player in the game is irrationally unproductive.
matt this is where you are freaking me out. I have never seen your scumgame only your town but you are completely different here. I have never seen you reach out before.
whew!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 566, Whiskers wrote:
In post 564, Nachomamma8 wrote:dear mollie:
((Nacho, can you explain this to me? I don't get the joke))
It's a reference to another game; mollie will get it.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 571, pirate mollie wrote:
matt this is where you are freaking me out. I have never seen your scumgame only your town but you are completely different here. I have never seen you reach out before.
When have you played with Matt? Walking Dead and Posh, right?

MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:39 pm

Post by MattP »

And yet I have before PM. In Marketplace 2 to DeasVail and in some large theme to Amrun that I don't remember the name of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more examples, but I wouldn't be bothered to check.
SlappyKrust

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”