Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:12 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 486, Desperado wrote:hahahahaha what

If you don't think I'm scumhunting the how about you shut the fuck up and leave me alone then?
wat
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:13 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 478, Wisdom wrote:Figure 3 - This is completely incorrect, I was responding to your post where you said that each player has his tells and stuff. Nothing to do with your discussion with Matt.
Incorrect. It was responding to my post where I said that each player has his tells and stuff. That was the tail end of a conversation I was having with Matt.
In post 478, Wisdom wrote:Figure 4 - I was responding to 430, which was not addressed at Mirari, but was a general comment about what the scumteam is.
You're right, it was not addressed at Mirari-- which was my whole point. How I'm seeing it-- MattP and Mirari were talking, MattP brings up his reads and what the conversation has changed for him, you jump in and go, "Uh, uh, uh! It would make more sense if
this!
"
In post 478, Wisdom wrote:What you don't like is that me and Matt know each other are town and are working together, and you try to call that buddying or whatever. Too bad.
What I don't like is that you and Matt are working together like you both know the other one is a townie, which you couldn't. I don't like it because town never does this. You're playing like a hydra.
In post 480, Wisdom wrote:You still didn't explain where I didn't understand something Matt said.
It was a generalization, perhaps a bad one. Still, for an example, see Figure 1.
In post 478, Wisdom wrote:Figure 1 - I pretended I didn't understand he was reaction testing me to see his reaction. It was genuine, he immediately revealed it was a test and was confused at my reaction. Conclusion reached? He is town.
Oh riiiight. It was all a teeeest.

That's the other thing, I've never seen a town game so calculated. Everything works out exactly like you plan, doesn't it? Sure, I've seen people
claim
that all of their bullshit was "a reaction test". I guess it looks the worst when it doesn't work you. But yours has worked out. Which is odd.
So let me back up a minute and ask, Why are you and MattP reading each other perfectly this game? Not only do you both
know
the other one is town, but you both know when something the other has done is a reaction test.
In post 480, Wisdom wrote:And you still have not explained how penguin has been any useful. Don't think I'll drop it.
I'll get to it, clearly I'm busy.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:16 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 526, Whiskers wrote:What I don't like is that you and Matt are working together like you both know the other one is a townie, which you couldn't. I don't like it because town never does this. You're playing like a hydra.
Get used to it.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:17 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 526, Whiskers wrote:So let me back up a minute and ask, Why are you and MattP reading each other perfectly this game? Not only do you both know the other one is town, but you both know when something the other has done is a reaction test.
What was "I will hammer Wisdom" if not an attempt to make me react and see what I will do?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:24 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 498, Desperado wrote:Like Whiskers' ISO makes it pretty clear he thinks Wis and Matt are scum together. How are you missing that??
Sorry to shoot you down, mate, but I don't think they are scum together. I think they
could
be scum together, and something if definitely fucking up. But I don't think I've ever really pushed any of my scum reads.

Hmm. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I actually
have
any scum reads. I just have people who I shout a lot at. I'm a digger, so maybe someone will get something useful out of my posts. But I'd work best with concrete information; cop reports, flips.

If I had a vig-kill, my shot would be Miss Mollie, not because I think she's scum, but because every time she posts, I want to wring necks.

Also, kind of had Desperado in my "scum reads" for being worse than Matt-- short posts, not very many of them to begin with-- but I'm not sure I can vote him at this point, what with him being the Champion of Mt. Whiskers at the moment. ((Malakittens should see this paragraph and think I'm scum, it was in my meta to scumread people who townread me.))

Anyway.
Unvote

Vote: pirate mollie
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:24 am

Post by Whiskers »

EBWoP, this was supposed to be attached to the last one.

In post 489, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 487, Desperado wrote:Why is Whiskers scum?
the pissiness looks fake and it looks like she is trying to work at coming up with a reason as to why nacho is scum and I am not town scum reading nacho but if whiskers flips scum nacho is for sure town but to me it is more about the fake meltdowns
Why... nacho is scum?
I called nacho scum once?
I don't remember that.
Let me go ISO myself.

Nope. You're still stupid.
See below.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:25 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 529, Whiskers wrote:If I had a vig-kill, my shot would be Miss Mollie, not because I think she's scum, but because every time she posts, I want to wring necks.

Also, kind of had Desperado in my "scum reads" for being worse than Matt-- short posts, not very many of them to begin with-- but I'm not sure I can vote him at this point, what with him being the Champion of Mt. Whiskers at the moment. ((Malakittens should see this paragraph and think I'm scum, it was in my meta to scumread people who townread me.))

Anyway.
Unvote
Vote: pirate mollie
please don't do this whiskers
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:25 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I officially also have no idea who you suspect anymore.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:25 am

Post by shos »

well I have o say I am disappointed. I expected moar, but that's enough.

everyone seems to have ignored this post:
In post 517, shos wrote:*
In post 163, Whiskers wrote:
In post 129, helium-3 wrote:
In post 126, Whiskers wrote:Hey, thanks for answering a question I addressed to someone else.
your welcome since I answered after the person who you addressed to answered!
Wrong again! You answered
immediately
after I asked it, in the very next post, in fact. As in, my question was 120, and your answer was 121.
So are you lying, or just stupid?
okay. so you think he was being defensive yet faking defensiveness.
wow cool. try reading.
tbh I am not even sure what we are talking about even more
tbh i am not even surprised.
idgi
of course you don't.
oh my god how the hell did we not see this guys. this post is SUCH FUCKING BULLSHIT. I mean seriously. WHAT THE FUCK.

VOTE: whiskers
except for, obviously, wisdom:
In post 521, Wisdom wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: shos
now. what could that be? hmm.

see that asterix (*) at the start of that post? right before the quote? that's the sign 'I am faking it'.
see, wisdom, THIS is a reaction test. behold.

what I learned from it is that you are even more surely scum. you didn't ask any questions, wonder anything; I pulled an unreasoned 180 on my townread, and you were just taking the bait - you take every idiotic excuse anyone would give you to vote me.

if this wasn't clear, I just picked my best townread(whiskers)(well perhaps should've chosen GG, but at the time whiskers came to mind) and ISOed him, and looked for a long post and quoted it, without even reading, and posted a general statement OH MY GOD THIS SUCKS SO BAD - just like the reasons for the votes on me were. STUPID.

Whiskers is still high on my town list.

wisdom is still high(actually much higher now) on my scum list.

VOTE: wisdom
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:29 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 518, MattP wrote:I'm reading Wisdom well. I know he's town. In fact, he's my strongest townread. He's reading me well. That's great. That's going to cause huge overlapping of reads and in-thread mason-like discussion. It happens, and it's not exclusive or selfish or scummy, having someone you can trust is very powerful.
Oh. Ok.
In post 518, MattP wrote:Us working together like this, even if you think we're gaining nothing from it, is astronomically beneficial. We will never lynch each other and we will defend the other hardcore, and that will prevent a mislynch we are both positive of.
Whoa, what?!
In post 518, MattP wrote:Anyone being annoying and bullying us for that is more likely scum trying to damage a strong town-town alliance than paranoid town trying to break apart supposed buddying.
But-- wait, I thought you thought I was town?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:29 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I'm going to do ISO's on everyone tomorrow, Friday at the latest. I didn't get a grasp on this game yet and this is the only way to get it.

Some preliminary reads based oin the glances I've managed to throw:

I can buy the MattP-Wisdom townblock, MAttP's stance towards me was the most pro-town attack I've ever had the pleasure of enduring, and Wisdom is playing the towngame I've seena t least three times before (but also here I have to say I've never seen his scumgame). I'm just hoping they won't let that townblock-status get to their head and make them assume that their reads are necessarily correct. Sorry if this sounds spiteful, but I know how Wisdom gets sometimes. Chances are I'm going to disagree with you, and if you are going to vote me over that, things will turn sour very quickly.

mollie feels too nice and too fluffy. Either she's ovulating or she's scum.

Arcangel's lack of care for not being caught up with the topic doesn't sit right with me. This game is moving like hell and her joyful intermezzo of "catching up later" doesn't seem like something town who wants to find scum would say.

shos lost his townread. He shouldn't have put his agreements and admiration for me in all caps. Even though I stil lstand by my Mala-scumread very very much, I don't feel I've presented a case yet that deserves such praise.

I feel Desperado is the person I can relate to the most somehow, not necessarily when it comes to reads (still need to develop those myself), but I like his approach. And he reminds me of his town-meta. Yes, again, I must admit I haven't seen him as scum yet, but that doesn't stop me from him reminding me of his townplay.

Liking Mirari and ooba for similar reasons when it comes to their approach and reasoning behind reads. Got no meta on them.

I don't know Nachomamma really well, was in only one game with him where he got killed in Night 1, after having played a fairly low-profile Day 1. He's obviously got a great reputation as a scumhunter, but so far he hasn't lived up to his name. He could be playing it low-key again I guess. Someone who should be evaluated later but who's not a Day 1 lynch for the same reasons MattP so flatteringly gave me a Day 1-pass.

penguin_alien, dissappeared? At least she didn't stand out. Not something that concerns me right now.

I'm hoping to make more detailed cases later. Whiskers (no idea at all yet about this one) and shos will be the first people I'll be looking into since they are the main topics of debate but expect me to push my Malakittens-scumread some more as well.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:29 am

Post by Wisdom »

@shos
That was not a reaction to your post. That was me removing my vote from Whiskers because I don't think he's scum anymore.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:32 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 533, shos wrote:what I learned from it is that you are even more surely scum. you didn't ask any questions, wonder anything; I pulled an unreasoned 180 on my townread, and you were just taking the bait - you take every idiotic excuse anyone would give you to vote me.

if this wasn't clear, I just picked my best townread(whiskers)(well perhaps should've chosen GG, but at the time whiskers came to mind) and ISOed him, and looked for a long post and quoted it, without even reading, and posted a general statement OH MY GOD THIS SUCKS SO BAD - just like the reasons for the votes on me were. STUPID.
what

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:34 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 505, Wisdom wrote:From experience, when I am sure about someone being scum and someone disagrees, the one I thought is scum is actually town, and the one who disagreed is scum WKing the town.
Btw, what is WKing? I've been around for a while, but I've never heard this one, and it seems like only you are using it. This isn't an accusation or anything, I'm just not sure what it means.
In post 506, pirate mollie wrote:every1
sigh.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:34 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 535, Grimgroove wrote:mollie feels too nice and too fluffy. Either she's ovulating or she's scum.
What do you think of her push on Whiskers?
In post 535, Grimgroove wrote:shos lost his townread. He shouldn't have put his agreements and admiration for me in all caps. Even though I stil lstand by my Mala-scumread very very much, I don't feel I've presented a case yet that deserves such praise.
I like this! I also think your Mala scumread is wrong.

MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:35 am

Post by MattP »

@Shos in 533: I thought your 517 was fake and frenetic, but I was already voting you and I ignored it because enough other interesting shit is happening in the thread right now that I didn't feel like beating a dead horse.

@Whiskers: You're not the ONLY player attacking wisdom and me. In your very special, specific case I think you're just a less focused version of Thor and I give you special exceptions for your antagonistic behaviors.
SlappyKrust
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:36 am

Post by Wisdom »

WKing = whiteknighting, aka defending someone and argue they are town. It's most common use is when scum defend scummy townies this way.

And nope, I'm not the only one using it.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:38 am

Post by shos »

In post 536, Wisdom wrote:@shos
That was not a reaction to your post. That was me removing my vote from Whiskers because I don't think he's scum anymore.
oh I'm sure that wasn't, yeah. beacuse so many things changed between the posts. I mean, there was even a VOTECOUNT.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:39 am

Post by MattP »

Also, shos is trying too hard to have a scumread. He's not HAVING a scumread, he's TRYING to have a scumread. There is a distinct difference that I think we can all appreciate given 533. In RVS that's one thing. Now it's a whole different story.
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:40 am

Post by MattP »

Whiskers, if you DON'T have a scumread on me why aren't you trying to work with me? I think I'm a pretty rational guy. It seems that if you just stopped throwing insults and snark at me and tried being cooperative it would make a whole lot more sense. Your antagonism towards nearly every player in the game is irrationally unproductive.
SlappyKrust
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:40 am

Post by Wisdom »

Sorry to dissapoint you shos, but I ignored it like I do with most of your posts that are over two lines.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:40 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 528, Wisdom wrote:
In post 526, Whiskers wrote:So let me back up a minute and ask, Why are you and MattP reading each other perfectly this game? Not only do you both know the other one is town, but you both know when something the other has done is a reaction test.
What was "I will hammer Wisdom" if not an attempt to make me react and see what I will do?
Idk, RVS bullshit. And if it
was
a reaction test-- and you recognized it as one-- I'm pretty sure the townie thing to do would be to ignore it, rather than carefully crafting your reaction to paint you in a townie light. But that's nothing I'd call you scum for. Especially considering the way it fizzled out without going anywhere...
In post 532, Nachomamma8 wrote:I officially also have no idea who you suspect anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0U0AlLVqpk
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:42 am

Post by shos »

In post 516, shos wrote:it sure sounds like it, tho.

for example, that first example that you gave - the 'reaction test'. well. firstly, I'm like 99% sure that this was not a reaction test, and rather it was just a bullshit lie matt was saying which is perfectly fine because that's what people say in RVS.
Matt - was it planned to be a reaction test or not?
-to confirm. then, you say that you called the RT, and pretended to not know that this is a reaction test. that sounds the most fake you can say EVER. that's really not even close.
In post 522, shos wrote:You misunderstood. I asked if post 23 was a planned reaction test or not. Plain and simple.
MATT

answer please.

MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:44 am

Post by MattP »

In post 546, Whiskers wrote:Idk, RVS bullshit. And if it was a reaction test-- and you recognized it as one-- I'm pretty sure the townie thing to do would be to ignore it, rather than carefully crafting your reaction to paint you in a townie light. But that's nothing I'd call you scum for. Especially considering the way it fizzled out without going anywhere...
Except instead of ignoring it he turned it around back on me by asking ME a question so that I was in the spotlight? And then I asked HIM a question about his question? And so on for a few posts. And the amazing this is that within five minutes we both had townreads on each other! Call that effective!

I literally can't wait until we're both revealed to be town
SlappyKrust
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:46 am

Post by Wisdom »

Then Whiskers why are you pointing things that should be making you think I am scum, only to say that you don't want to call me scum afterwards? What's the point?

Btw to answer you, I wanted to see how Matt would react if I acted like I thought he was serious. I succeeded. If I had ignored it, neither of us would have got a read on each other. Why do that?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”