MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:43 am

Post by MattP »

In post 320, Whiskers wrote:I didn't mean it like that-- I mean that you must think I'm scum, since your description of shos's play-- what you claim makes him scummy-- pretty much exactly describes my.... ME.

Also... Is this some new thing where every player has individual tells and nothing else matters? Like, when there's a new player, you all dance around shrugging violently, unable to read them at all? I'm not sure I like that-- I'm not going to be able to take your word for it, that shos is scummy for the "melodrama of his tone and fixation on inconsequential, theoretical arguments," if none of it also makes ME scummy.

I won't be able to take anything any one of you says seriously, in fact.

What I'm seeing, with the Nacho-Wisdom bit from before, and now with the MattP-shos bit:
Player 1 wrote:Whoa! Malakittens is totally [ALIGNMENT] because she's a cat!
Whiskers wrote:Oh man, you must think
I'm
[ALIGNMENT] too, then, since I'm also a cat.
Player 1 wrote:Oh, by no means. It's only applicable when Malakittens does it.
I never said that I'm reading shos this way because I know shos's prior play. I don't remember anything about his prior play. What I'm saying is that the way he's posted in THIS game with NOTHING else to reference is scummy. I am further saying that you asking me to somehow make my assessment mathematical and foolproof and use it to additionally incriminate you is ridiculous since there's no way I can state that something that shos is doing is in ALL situations scummy or that what he is doing is scummy in essence disregarding tone or the uniqueness of his posts. You are not posting verbatim the words he is posting so you can't ask me to compare your posts word for word to his.

I additionally never stated that you are a scum or town read to me, I am saying that you trying to make me compare yourself and shos on a certain checklist is impossible. That is it. Shos is scum because his posts are scummy. If you would like me to somehow articulate the reason into words, I would best describe the reason as "melodrama and inconsequential theoretical arguments". The ACTUAL reason is that his posts are scummy. Pigeonholing my reasons into discrete categories opens the room for the type of responses that you made to my post, which is why this never should have happened. Why don't you wait for Shos to post his scum role PM by mistake in the thread like I suggested earlier.
SlappyKrust
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:10 am

Post by Malakittens »

Lies Grim. When I have a meta read on someone or even a gut read ill go all out. See funky in Mis, I'm sure I have done it in the past with others, but can't remember where. I did it off site and managed to get myself lynched instead.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:13 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 351, Malakittens wrote:Lies Grim.
Specify !
Spicify !
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:37 am

Post by Malakittens »

Hydra'ing with Mara has taught me a few things. One is to be more confident in my scum reads and second even if I hate 1v1 because I'm a shitty player at it to do it if I really believe a player is scum.

I can't link now. I'm mobile for the next hour or so.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:59 am

Post by Wisdom »

Mala what are your reads right now?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:02 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 328, Whiskers wrote:
In post 322, Wisdom wrote:@whiskers
It's called meta, and for many of us it's a
primary scumhunting tool.
You'll have to deal with it.
That's stupid.

That's
so
stupid.

If it worked, it would take any fun in the game, out of the game.

Also, it's not consistent or reliable.

Also, it's
stupid
to rely on as your
PRIMARY SCUMHUNTING TOOL ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??!
what is wrong with you
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:08 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 310, Mirari wrote:I really don't mean to spam up the thread with so many posts. Sorry in advance
In post 300, shos wrote:@mirari 216: tell me, 1. why are you encouraging a wagon on me, and 2. why are ooba votes bad? it's 200 posts into the game and all his posts are literally empty pictures.
I think you're scum, shos. I don't think you're actually contributing thought or analysis to this game with your big posts. They contain a lot of filler.
Ooba posting pictures means he does not care how he looks to the town. Attitude that brazen does not come from scum in my opinion.
I think it is a mistake to put ooba in your town pile for that reason it is a null tell and only alignment indicative if it is a relative tell for ooba to be not boring when scum.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:10 am

Post by pirate mollie »

VOTE: whiskers

sorry wis I think she is faking it. it is a new fad for scum to fake meltdowm over nothing and say they hate you for it.
whew!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:20 am

Post by Wisdom »

It could be a possibility, but there's no way we're lynching him over penguin or shos.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:26 am

Post by MattP »

I have 7 definite town as of this point, myself included. Whiskers is in that pile. Pirate Mollie is in that pile. They shouldn't be voting each other

Wisdom is in that pile. Malakittens is in that pile. They shouldn't be voting each other. Any questions?
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:26 am

Post by MattP »

And that's just rereading to page 7. I haven't even gotten halfway through yet.
SlappyKrust
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:28 am

Post by Malakittens »

GG here's a recent game where i pushed a lynch on DrDolittle Day 1. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=32611

I also didn't back down from Funky until something happened at the end of Day 1. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=31879

~

Wisdom reads are as follows:

Town:

Mollie
Arc

Leaning Town:

Nacho
MattP
Wisdom
Desperado (It's weakest out of all of them.)

Null:

Everyone else

Leaning scum:

Shos
GrimGroove

Scum:

Penguin

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:29 am

Post by Wisdom »

@Matt
Agreeing with these 4, who are the other 3?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:29 am

Post by Wisdom »

5*, since you included yourself
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:30 am

Post by MattP »

My reads so far nearly mirror Mala's

Town:
Malakittens
Wisdom
Pirate Mollie
ArcAngel
NachoMomma
MattP
Whiskers

Eh or hasn't posted:
Mirari
Ooba
Desperado
Penguin_Alien

SCUM:
Shos
Grimgroove

Pedit: This is still just page 8. I really would love to believe Desperado is town but I'm trying to not get ahead of myself.
SlappyKrust
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:31 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 357, pirate mollie wrote:VOTE: whiskers

sorry wis I think she is faking it. it is a new fad for scum to fake meltdowm over nothing and say they hate you for it.
Does that make me a hipster?

Let me rephrase that other post: meta is a tool that you use to research your reads and make solid your suspicions. It should not ever be your entire case, as that is
fucking stupid.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:31 am

Post by Wisdom »

Why is Grim leaning scum, Mala?

pedit: And Matt
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:32 am

Post by MattP »

Grim because every single scum read he gave on page 7 and 8 was on a town player, and since I respect Grim as a player the only way I believe he could be this delusional was if he had negative intent and was scum.
SlappyKrust
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:33 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Yeah, I want to see where Mala's going with this, as she's never gone out this strongly after me before. Maybe she believes her ability to read me has improved, but I seem to recall the two of us being massively paranoid about one another in past games only for it to amount to either nothing or a blow to the town. There's been a town-Mala scum-me game completed since then, but I still think she's grandstanding.

As far as you go, Wisdom, you haven't been very interested in engaging me. You're more interested in talking about my play. Sure, you asked why I questioned ooba's AA9 vote, and then read my thought process as scummy. Your tunneling in spite of yourself reads as town-Wisdom to me, FWIW, which makes me want to give you more time to sort stuff out if you're so inclined.

Defending myself--meh. Mala's argument for me being scum is--I replied to one of her posts. Which, yeah, string me up for that. Wisdom, telling you you're wrong seems like a waste of time to me. You know you have the potential to be wrong, I know you're wrong. So? What's more useful for you, Wisdom, me telling you you're wrong, or me trying to find scum and assuming your evaluation is ongoing?

Whiskers criticizing the use of meta is another town point in his favor; no reason for scum not to smile and nod along without picking on other people's scum-hunting, especially when it doesn't land on him. mollie, assuming you're town, can you step back and consider how much sense it makes for Whiskers to clash with you all over the thread?

MattP, I'm not getting your gut read on shos. Do you have other reads at present? You said you had Mala as town; anything else?

P-edit: ninja'd. I'll go read your latest posts, MattP, and get back to you.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:36 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 368, penguin_alien wrote:What's more useful for you, Wisdom, me telling you you're wrong, or me trying to find scum and assuming your evaluation is ongoing?
You're not doing the latter either.
But fwiw, I do want people to try to correct me when I'm wrong. Whether I will listen to it is another story.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:46 am

Post by shos »

Guess who's back.
back again.
shos is back.
tell a friend.

*continues from page 10*
~~~

@ooba 230: that's pretty awesome indeed. if I understand you correctly it's most townie: wisdom->mala->gg->AA9->most scummy?
what analysis is it that you liked in GG?
can you elaborate on your mala-town read? I don't get it at all.

I'm with mollie in the whole -defensiveness- discussion. I can see how it makes him scum obv if he was faking it but that's practically wifom, the question if he is, and I'm taking the nacho=town part of thsi wifom. I've done it before successfully and I do it again

245 - ????

248 is perfect. PER-FUCKING-FECT. works perfectly with my mala scumread.

253 really doens't explain shit. and if you're so insistent that by meta you know peng is scum, link me.

@260: how does ooba look town to you, wisdom? he basically posted twice with 4 words reasoning to his reads after 250 posts. that's the
second
most active lurking I've ever seen, and if it continues like that, it's an excuse to

I'm kinda not liking wisdom and mollie a tad. both my townreads, yes. it seems like his interactions with mollie are continuously "short question" "short answer" "ok" and vice versa. that...doesn't look like two townies. either two scums trying to look like they're putting content in the game, or that wisdom is scum and just asks quetsions to seem like he's scumhunting or something, and doesn't follow them up, it's like every answer by mollie is perfect for an 'ok' and end of game..

not enough for a vote anyhow, and associations in D1 is bad anyway.

@penguin 267: I really don't get your way of thinking. if he posted sucmreads that consist only of one person, why would he vote someone else?

oh sheesh 269 is such a necessary post. it also explains your opinion on what's happening in the game(which deserves an opinion with PAs vote) perfectly, Mala.

scratch that thing I said about ooba, he can post through pictures well, so disregard day active lurking accusation.
@ooba: I don't understand how that setup specs makes mala town in your eyes. there's really no reason to think someone is a hammerer, and even if, that role is not pro-town and can very, VERY easily be faked by scum(obviously).

@ what the hell are you talking about.? how is matt related here to anything? and @276 by you too and @des later - don't you think that was entirely unnecessary, especially considering mirari's content at the time in comparison to the game? how is that null? stupid is obvious, but would a townie do that?? I realize it's weak but I find it scummy nonetheless

@ooba 277: derpsy?

@280: why is arc a possible vote for you? and what the hell about me, lol, I don't understand the sentence.

@282: what buddying indeed? O_o;; am I blind in need to ask so many stupid questions? or am I just really stupid lately? I don't understand shit of what people are talking about in like 2 posts each page

wtf is going on with the rest of the page until my post lol

Mala is still scum as I voted. good post, me.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:54 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 370, shos wrote:248 is perfect. PER-FUCKING-FECT. works perfectly with my mala scumread.
Seriously
Look at stuff like this

This is not only not "perfect", this is only a stupid thing I came up with the time and thought it will be funny. BUT OF COURSE, it goes with your scumread, let's mention it and say how awesome it is.

How the fuck anyone can think shos is town is beyond me.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Wisdom »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: shos

Let's do shos first.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:56 am

Post by MattP »

In post 244, Grimgroove wrote:I don't understand the penguin-votes from the previous page.

Townreads are coming in. shos is not one of them.
Well also btw Grimgroove scumslipped so we have GG and Shos as scum

TOWN:

Malakittens
Wisdom
Pirate Mollie
ArcAngel
NachoMomma
MattP
Whiskers
Mirari

PROBABLY TOWN BUT NEEDS TO STOP THE PIC THING REGARDLESS OF ITS ENTERTAINMENT FACTOR:
Ooba

EH:
Desperado
Penguin_Alien

SCUM:
Shos
Grimgroove
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:58 am

Post by MattP »

In post 244, Grimgroove wrote:I don't understand the penguin-votes from the previous page.

Townreads are coming in.
shos is not one of them.
In post 321, Grimgroove wrote: I'm not liking MattP as town much either.
My partial agreement with shos' readslist (don't see the Mirari-scum though) makes me read him as town even moreso,
though his catch-ups reminded me heavily of shos-town already
(so this is not simply an OMGUR).
SlappyKrust

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”