Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:44 am

Post by Glork »

I would suggest that everybody go look at both wagons on DoS.

How did people treat DoS on his first, early wagon? Who defended him or avoided commenting on the wagon at all?
Who stalled about pressing DoS early in the second wagon? Who just kinda jumped aboard or ignored the issue once SC essentially busted his claim?

Those might be key questions to answer if you want to find one (or two, possibly?) of DoS's scumbuddies.

MM wrote:Glork - I believe his survivor claim for now, but I will keep scum gambit and especially investigation-immune SK possibilities in mind for later in the game
The implications of me being an SK are pretty serious. If we suppose that FrAt is legitimate, then it would almost
necessarily
imply that PP is a Mafiate whose kill was blocked, and that I targeted whomever Amb protected. You seem to accept that PP's claim is true, and you posit the existence of FrAt as a mafia roleblocker, either of which would
strongly
indicate that I could not be an SK. Where would the second nonkill have come from?

NaR: You're going to have to do a hell of a lot better than that in this game. Saying "Glork could gambit, he is poopy and dorky!" does not make an argument. Nor does saying "I think Yellowbounder is scummy, too!" I would suggest that, if you think YB and/or I have actually done something noteworthy which you find scummy, you point it out (preferrably with quotes or by citing post numbers) and explain
why
you think it's scummy. Considering you're a raw, overeager newbie, I'm not yet going to take that as a sign of scumminess, but you will *not* get away with just saying whatever you want, if you expect
anybody
to take you seriously.

For everyone else: Incidentally, I can vouch from several ScumChat experiences that NAR probably won't follow through on my request. (Still, NAR, you're more than welcome to prove me wrong. In fact, I encourage it.) I figured I should warn everybody in advance. All I've seen him do is push wagons, claim at inappropriate times, call people scummy for no reason, and ask to be lynched. Good luck dealing with this one. :/
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:48 am

Post by now a ranger »

oh boy... how you are going to be surprised.....

can't judge a book by its cover
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:52 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Glork wrote:I would suggest that everybody go look at both wagons on DoS.
MM wrote:Glork - I believe his survivor claim for now, but I will keep scum gambit and especially investigation-immune SK possibilities in mind for later in the game
The implications of me being an SK are pretty serious. If we suppose that FrAt is legitimate, then it would almost
necessarily
imply that PP is a Mafiate whose kill was blocked, and that I targeted whomever Amb protected. You seem to accept that PP's claim is true, and you posit the existence of FrAt as a mafia roleblocker, either of which would
strongly
indicate that I could not be an SK. Where would the second nonkill have come from?
At this point I wouldn't know, I'm just saying that you are not 100% cleared with your claim as of right now because of some other possibilities. Things will fall into place as the game progresses onwards.
The end justifies the means.
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:06 am

Post by StallingChamp »

After Glork mentioned it, I reread the section where I busted DoS and I think I might have found something.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Did the reread, and I'm on board for a DoS lynch, possibly for the same reason that SC is (although I'm not sure what SC's reason is).

unvote, vote:DoS
This screams that he is just jumping on to try and blend in. Also, am I the only one surprised by the part in brackets? To me, it seems that my reasoning was pretty damn obvious.
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:07 am

Post by Glork »

Bingo.

That's why I said one of PP/TCS are probably scum. PP had done basically the same thing.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:09 am

You bring up a legit point SC, I'll keep that in mind about TCS, however I still think yellowbounder = most likely scum.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:11 am

Post by Glork »

For the record, the other person on my list is Zarvok (now NAR) for this post:
Zarvok wrote:Well, I'm not really suspicious of DragonsofSummer for two reasons: 1) I just went back and read the thread in detail for the first time in a couple pages, and also came to the conclusion that pete d is probably scum, based largely on glork's explanation of his vote here:
Glork wrote:A) I find it odd that Pete D is accusing SC's posts of being scummy while leaving his (random) vote sitting around on DeanWinchester. Sometimes it's indicative of distancing, sometimes it's indicative of scum going after town, occasinally it's indicative of just bad pro-town play. When you move from "random" to "serious," you should almost always take your vote with you.
B) Pete let off one of my favorite scumtells that MeMe taught me way back in the day. Proposing or taking a bad stance (such as the one FA is taking, I feel) may or may not be scummy. Following someone else's lead on a bad stance (Pete not only agreeing with FA, but attacking SC for his response) is usually scummy.
C) I feel that, as SC pointed out, Pete overstated the "scumminess" of the proxy by calling it "distracting" and "confusing." Distracting from what? Random-Voting? What exactly is confusing about it?

Pete is pinging. Major hard.
These ideas click with me - agreeing with other people's bad logic doesn't sit well. IMHO, it's most likely that FA is town and Pete d is scum. If both were scum, pete d might have been more cautious about following FA, so as not to seem connected. If Pete d were town, he probably would have rejected the bad logic.

Secondly, DoS's post clarifying his vote here:
DragonsofSummer wrote:
Mod I'm voting Pete D right now
I think that if I were scum, I would have done this less abrasively, so as not to arouse suspicion.

So, since Pete D sets off the alarm bells I mentioned, I'm going to
Vote: Pete D
. Maybe one of you guys can clarify where you think I am wrong about DoS? I don't see it, but I am a n00b after all...
Late onto the PeteD wagon (meaning he jumped on after it had started to die), and it was in the midst of a growing wagon on DoS. He also borrowed ideas almost entirely from another player (me).
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:12 am

Post by Glork »

And actually, his "I think if he were scum, he'd have done it less abrasively" part doesn't even make sense. Players point out mistakes to a mod in-thread, regardless of alignment. If somebody catches something that should be fixed, they usually just state it.

Crappy cover-up.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:17 am

now a ranger wrote:Yes, Yellowbounder is on the top of my scummy list too!
Vote: Yellowbounder
Can you give your reasons why yellowbounder is on the top of your scummy list? "The same reasons as the ones you mentioned" is not a legit answer.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

That's a good point about tcs's voting.
Vote: TheCentralScrutinizer.

Glork are you certain NAR is as big a menace as you say?
It's a bold statment to say that a player that has just arrived is going to be a problematic townie.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:41 pm

Post by Glork »

DeanWinchester wrote:Glork are you certain NAR is as big a menace as you say?
It's a bold statment to say that a player that has just arrived is going to be a problematic townie.
Read and behold.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by now a ranger »

you haven't even given me a chance. You use my 1st game as an example...

I was a newb! that was my 1st game in 320... I learned from it, and am still learning....

you're biased
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by now a ranger »

it's all because of pulak making fun of me last night. not fair. made bad impression
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by now a ranger »

I suggest you learn to be patient in developing players instead of being mean to newbies like that.

I also fail at triple posting.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:52 pm

Post by Glork »

I'm not intending to be mean. In fact, I said in a previous post that I hope you prove my first impressions wrong.

Now run along and go find some reasons to back up your suspicions.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

StallingChamp wrote:After Glork mentioned it, I reread the section where I busted DoS and I think I might have found something.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Did the reread, and I'm on board for a DoS lynch, possibly for the same reason that SC is (although I'm not sure what SC's reason is).

This screams that he is just jumping on to try and blend in. Also, am I the only one surprised by the part in brackets? To me, it seems that my reasoning was pretty damn obvious.
You voted for DoS based on the fact that his paraphrase of the vanilla townie role PM was incorrect. I did the same. I don't see what's terribly ambiguous about this series of events except that I didn't want to outright claim townie for the both of us. Now I have.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by now a ranger »

you don't have to tell the whole world about a person's first game :cry:

I'm sure you had a first game too. And you know it's probably because of what Pulak said.

Run Along is what my preschool teacher used to tell me.....

anyways, I guess you've stopped ranting, so I'll stop responding in this thread, but I don't like poopy insults. :D
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Congrats.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

Ok. I do believe that showing somone's post's back to back like that is going to make the poster look kind of crazy, but it makes NAR look especially crazy.
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:27 pm

Post by StallingChamp »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
StallingChamp wrote:After Glork mentioned it, I reread the section where I busted DoS and I think I might have found something.

You voted for DoS based on the fact that his paraphrase of the vanilla townie role PM was incorrect. I did the same. I don't see what's terribly ambiguous about this series of events except that I didn't want to outright claim townie for the both of us. Now I have.
Only thing is that now you've given yourself the chance to make sure that I was right in pushing it. If you were scum, or say Sk, you wouldn't want to risk going out on a limb when I might have been lying/wrong. I also don't like the claim now.
Show

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

I need to reread over the wagon and the ensuing discussion about the wagon. Back with some brilliance when I do. But I will mention before my in depth analysis my 2 thoughts from Day1 and my initial read of the last page or so:

Initially I had suspicions of Peted (as I mentioned earlier) becaiuse I felt he got on the DoS wagon with a half regurgitated, half confused reason and then jumped off for a
vanilla
claim pending some discussion, and never got back on. It caught my attention. However, he did get on the wagon a little early, so I'm also keeping that point in mind.

I caught that CS was geting on the wagon because he was saying he vanilla and was claiming to see the same problem SC did. Whether it's valid or not, I don't know. Wouldn't that be easy enough to check since DoS didn't have enough info to fake a vanilla claim? If CS is faking it, I think it'll be simple to find out. (
note: I am not advocating or asking CS to give any more information at this point. I am saying he will proably be easy to bust or verify before a lynch if need be)

Glork wrote:PP had done basically the same thing.
Elaborate for me please.
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by StallingChamp »

Pink Princess wrote:If CS is faking it, I think it'll be simple to find out. (
note: I am not advocating or asking CS to give any more information at this point. I am saying he will proably be easy to bust or verify before a lynch if need be)
Only thing is I think that in busting DoS, I made it all too clear what any other scum should claim as vanilla.
Show

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:08 pm

Post by Glork »

Pink Princess, Post 240 wrote:Thanks for your clarifications, Dean.

Vote DoS.

Enough flavor to make a claim can easily be found in the first post.
The Central Scrutinizer, Post 242 wrote:Did the reread, and I'm on board for a DoS lynch, possibly for the same reason that SC is (although I'm not sure what SC's reason is).

Neither of these posts/votes were the least bit inspiring. I got the distinct feeling that at least one of you was probably busing DoS. Given I had found you suspicious earlier for playing "follow the Glork," I went after you today. That seems to have been a mistake. I'm now thinking the two scums are TCS and NAR.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by Glork »

Edit: The timing was the other part. It was obvious by that point that DoS was going to be the lynch of the day. Perfect time to "disbelieve" and bus. And those two votes were within two posts of each other, so I was even more sure that one or maybe both could have had some bus-driving involved.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:21 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

SC wrote:Only thing is I think that in busting DoS, I made it all too clear what any other scum should claim as vanilla.
Oh boo. Never mind then, too bad. And I thought maybe I busted the game wide open.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”