Mewbie 1442 the second -- Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:07 am

Post by CrisP »

Let me try to IC this to bed:
She claimed VT because that is telling us "I am not a PR, it is OK to lynch me."
Yes, occasionally people will believe this and not lynch said person. Yes, that does limit the NK pool for Scum.
However, this almost never happens, and especially not with any smaller a playerlist than D1 one of a Mini, and especially especially not in Micros because it would be much more limiting (down to 5 or 6 on D1 of a Micro vs. 8 or 9 on D1 of a Mini vs. really a whole lot on D1 of a Large).
Newbie games are Micro sized.

Can we stop arguing about this now and pay attention to the game?
As I said even in this case that play is bad, I'll stop arguing with you about it when everyone understands the point. I've noticed by the way that neither JM nor AA deiceded to claim VT at L-1 either.
Not a huge fan of the way CrisP accuses Brian of going for low-hanging fruit as to AA9 when CrisP is urging that lynch on.
For that matter, not a huge fan of the way CrisP has been insinuating that wagon without having been on it for a while now.
I have not been insinuating the wagon for a while now, infact I have been trying to pause and let us think about it. What I have been doing regarding that slot is getting it to talk. This is diffrent from what Brian did, that being cast suspicion on that slot while he was under fire.
This sentence basically says this: look at all the Town things I'm doing! There's no way anyone who acts Town can be Scum!

For someone who's supposedly spent the whole game acting Town, you've done an awful lot of telling us that.
Obviously if people decide to vote for me I'm going to tell them why I'm not scum. The other times I mentioned it were to make you understand where I was coming from with my reasoning.
It was a D1 read. Now that he's started posting more, it's both.
My vote stays on you then.
I do have a shiny new D2 scumread that I've been working up to voting, though. Anyone want to tell me who they think it is?
If you think it's me, go ahead!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:13 am

Post by Malakittens »

2.07With 7 alive it's 4 votes to lynch.

Voting for:

*CrisP - Brian Skies [1]
*Yiu113 -
*goodmorning - CrisP [1]
*Brian Skies -
*jmo16mla -
*ArcAngel9 - jmo16mla, Yiu113, Buckwild [3] [L-1]
*Buckwild - ArcAngel9 [1]

Not voting: Goodmorning [1]

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2013-11-29 21:56:00)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:50 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 450, CrisP wrote:As I said even in this case that play is bad, I'll stop arguing with you about it when everyone understands the point. I've noticed by the way that neither JM nor AA deiceded to claim VT at L-1 either.
We also have plenty of time til deadline, as you may notice.
And that's all I'll say about that.
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:24 am

Post by CrisP »

For those on the AA vote, what do you think about her now that she has talked a bit?

Honestly I'm not confident enough at the moment that she is scum for a lynch to be worth it for me, since her town flip has no strategic value as far as I'm concerned. It reminds me a bit of the RM lynch we made day 1, so I'd like to know how confident you guys are that she is scum.

Yui113, other than her what are your reads at the moment?

Jmo16mla, wasn't your vote mainly to put preassure on her and hear her talk? What do you think about her now?

Buckwild, you voted her for things to move along, did you notice you were putting her at L-1? What do you think about how "things went along"?
Yiu113
Yiu113
Townie
Yiu113
Townie
Townie

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:16 pm

Post by Yiu113 »

Well, currently, I'm getting a few town reads and a few minor scum reads. I'll try to do them in order of town/scum reads.

Town reads:
CrisP, who has been trying to spur some discussion and get a lynch made on scum.
Jmo, who has been holding the lynch on AA, to allow town more time for discussion.
Brian, who has been leading an argument against CrisP, generally trying to make him give justification for everything he does.

Scum reads:
Also CrisP. He seems to be trying to buddy with me a tiny bit, and scum often try to buddy with people that they know are town.
Buck, putting AA at L-1 then not posting at all after it to justify it.

Neutral reads:
GoodMorning, I'm not getting much from him for either scum or town.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:20 pm

Post by goodmorning »

If Brian or jmo hasn't discussed this readslist by tomorrow RT then I'm going to do an in-depth on it.
Buckwild
Buckwild
Goon
Buckwild
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:26 am

Post by Buckwild »

I'm on vacation, this week and only have access to an iPad with occ internet connectivity. I did not know aa was being placed at l1 with my vote, I had done a count and thought I was putting her at l 2. Regardless I would have still voted her since all game she had been lurking and then just placed a weak vote on crisp without a good reason. It just seems very weak for her to pull that and something I could definitely see scum doing once their back are to the ropes as she is.
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:37 am

Post by CrisP »

Dammit guys I'm convinced the scum team are GM / Brian and AA is just bad town, check DC as well before you decide to vote for her, did he look scummy to you before she took his slot?

Look at what happend day 1:

GM early votes BW, no explainations given -> GM gets wagoned on by JM -> Brian comes in, after a lurker slot that never posted anything other than to confirm she was in the game and says his scum team is JM and BW -> JM almost gets lynched -> RM comes in after lurking and gives a horrible reason for voting someone -> Everyone pounces on her and she gets lynched.

day 2:

GM early votes JM, no explainations given, other than she only has two suspects left -> GM gets accused by me (after an interlude with JM and BW where I was testing her reads) -> Brian comes in and says his scum team is now me and JM -> GM says she has a new scumread, no explainations or names given -> AA after lurking all game comes in and gives a horrible reason for voting me-> Everyone pounces on her and...?

Do you see a freakin pattern emerge here? I don't know what else to do to convince you guys.

Jmo16mla doesn't it bother you that Brian still thinks you are scum and has been after you all game? Cause the only evidence he gave against you is that you and BW where not interacting with each other, that's not even valid anymore, if it even was a good reason to start with, since apparently we are the new scum team now. Also he wasn't so sure you were scum when he decided not to hammer you at L-1, did he? Does that seem consistent to you or more like someone making up reads and coming up with your name since it has been an easy scum slot for most of the game to point at? After all his only interst is to buddy up with GM so at the time he just had to say I was scummy, then he chose the most convenient name as his second scum, thinking it was safe to point at you.

Buck you said you found Brian scummy, wouldn't you rather vote for him than DC's slot? Forget about AA for a moment, what has Brian done to make you think he is more town than DiamondCrash when he was playing, also which lynch has more strategic value for town? At least if we hit a town with Brian we can be pretty sure about GM.

Yui you seem set in your ways so I don't really know how to convince you to change vote other than to tell you to check the posts DiamondCrash made before he was replaced by ArcAngel9, also check out RachMarie, she seemed obviously scummy but at the end of the day she was just vanilla town. I agree AA looks scummy but I'm not sure she actually is and if you are wrong, then we wasted another lynch (since AA has no connections whatsoever) and those that live after the NK will find themselves in the same situation as today but at LyLo.

If you all think AA is scummier, then please post a good accusation so I can see why you're sticking with your vote as well.
Yiu113
Yiu113
Townie
Yiu113
Townie
Townie

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:01 am

Post by Yiu113 »

You do make a strong point, CrisP. This is turning out to be clone of yesterday.

Until I find someone scummier to vote for, UNVOTE: ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:57 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Buck is scum. if you guys can't see that it is too sad.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

@Yiu: Why is Crisp listed twice?
In post 457, CrisP wrote:Brian comes in and says his scum team is now me and JM
No, you guys are separate scum reads.
In post 457, CrisP wrote:JM almost gets lynched -> RM comes in after lurking and gives a horrible reason for voting someone -> Everyone pounces on her and she gets lynched.
In post 457, CrisP wrote:AA after lurking all game comes in and gives a horrible reason for voting me-> Everyone pounces on her and...?
Hmmm. Sounds like we can find something here.
In post 457, CrisP wrote:Cause the only evidence he gave against you is that you and BW where not interacting with each other
No, I think Jmo is an opportunistic hypocrite.
In post 457, CrisP wrote:Also he wasn't so sure you were scum when he decided not to hammer you at L-1, did he?
I don't remember this.
In post 457, CrisP wrote:also which lynch has more strategic value for town? At least if we hit a town with Brian we can be pretty sure about GM.
Dude, really? Please tell me you didn't just say this. Line up more lynches.
Yiu113
Yiu113
Townie
Yiu113
Townie
Townie

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by Yiu113 »

@Brian: Because he was acting both scummy and towny in my eyes. Honestly, I'm not feeling your arguments against what he's saying. He's making perfectly good points about why you look more scummy than AA, and you're responding with nothing influential to me.

VOTE: Brian Skies
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:25 am

Post by CrisP »

Also now that I can speak about since it just ended check out mafia GM in game 1447, in particular look at how she and her partner where the only ones not voting on a town day 2. That's another reason why I am not keen on the AA lynch.
Brian wrote:No, I think Jmo is an opportunistic hypocrite.
In what sense? Can you give examples of this?
ArcAngel9 wrote:Buck is scum. if you guys can't see that it is too sad.
Show me by posting a good accusation of why he is scum and if you are right I hope you can convince me.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:44 am

Post by goodmorning »

V/LA til Saturday evening EST

In post 462, CrisP wrote:Also now that I can speak about since it just ended check out mafia GM in game 1447, in particular look at how she and her partner where the only ones not voting on a town day 2. That's another reason why I am not keen on the AA lynch.
1. AA is Town.
2. That didn't happen on purpose. The day was cut short by the reconciliation of a Mod votecount error.
Vote: CrisP

4. I am so tired of this game.
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:56 am

Post by CrisP »

After prompting Brian to vote me for most of the day you finally join in and go V/LA.

Remember when she said she was withholding her vote to get a reaction? Turns out she doesn't need one anymore, I ask the rest of you if you would behave the same way as town, that is wait for someone to find some evidence, right or wrong that it may be, against you and then place your vote against that person?

What I got from the whole pantomime about her vote was she was unsure about commiting it in case it gave away to the rest of you that I was on the mark about nobody pressuring me while I was going against JM because mafia was fine with that, whereas now that I'm after GM the wind has changed.
1. AA is Town.
This is what budding up looks like to me Yui113, what I said was I hoped you were town, otherwise mafia really owned me this game.

VOTE: Brian

You are at L-2
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:39 am

Post by jmo16mla »

hey, post coming tonight. off on break from school!
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:09 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

V/LA until Friday
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:58 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

I am not comfortable with Brain lynch.. Can we lynch buckwild.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:38 am

Post by CrisP »

I think we have good reasons for lynching Brian today. I can see why you would find Buck scummy if you are town, but I don't see a consensus on that lynch forming in 24h. I'd say it's more a discussion for tomorrow if we live, Buck lives, and Brian flips town.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:50 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

Sorry. again. this is getting ridic. Im just getting tired of mafia a little bit. I'm going to stick this one out though. It doesn't help that I've just been rather busy lately.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by Malakittens »

CrisP has requested replacement. Finding one now.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Can you tell us why?

AA9, lynch CrisP with me today and Buck tomorrow.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by Malakittens »

2.08With 7 alive it's 4 votes to lynch.

Voting for:

*CrisP - Brian Skies, Goodmorning [2]
*Yiu113 -
*goodmorning -
*Brian Skies - Yiu113, CrisP [2]
*jmo16mla -
*ArcAngel9 - jmo16mla, Buckwild [2]
*Buckwild - ArcAngel9 [1]

Not voting: [0]

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2013-11-29 21:56:00)
Last edited by Malakittens on Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Upon further reflection. Deadline is frozen until a replacement is found. Then I will add 48 hours.

jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

*falls to knees*

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”