Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:50 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

It's time for the second Vote Count of DOOM :twisted:

1 - MrBuddyLee (Adele)
1 - Adele (MrBuddyLee)

Not Voting: Norinel, geraintm, ShadowLurker

Remember with 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch!
The end justifies the means.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Does anyone else get the feeling Adele has something to hide?
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:50 pm

Post by Adele »

Ha-bloody-ha, but I'm writing a First Post here; Smalltown 2 filled up way quicker than expected. Plus, I'm interested to hear what Norinel thinks (and would actually really like more participation from him).
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:46 pm

Post by geraintm »

agree with adele that norinel has to chime in, but i am still insisting on both of them telling us what they have been doing.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:42 am

Post by Norinel »

MBL wrote:Only once Norinel suspected me of lying about the daykills did I change my mind on the identity of the SK.
As I've said before, I'll speculate about nightgame possibilities that seem next to impossible until they're proven to be impossible. I've done it before in this very game, remember?
Norinel wrote:The one comment I'd like to make is that scum unlynchable exactly once is a not entirely broken (But still somewhat bastardly) role, so while I wouldn't advise lynching Ozy until he dies, I wouldn't write him off completely just yet.
I count two people asking for a claim from me- geraint and MBL.

vote: MBL
. It's growing more and more obvious that he's
something
not pro-town trying to stall for time, and even if he's a jester or whatever, there should only be one scum left we can deal with tomorrow.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:53 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I'm not a jester and I'm not scum. SL and geraint, don't finish me off. Norinel's and Adele's behavior should give everything away to you... if they really believed I was the SK and the final threat to town, they'd be happy to claim in order to clarify the game's events. But they realize they have to lynch me AND survive tomorrow in order to win, so they're playing it close to the chest.

I'm not sure which one is the SK, and as I mentioned, it could be SL but that role would be kind of bastardly. geraint, good luck getting Adele and Norinel to give you what you're asking for... if they off me, you'll need SL's help to get it.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:28 am

Post by geraintm »

norinel, how many people need to ask you to claim before you respond? double standards otherwise with your vote on MBL?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:03 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

ShadowLurker wrote:I'm also thinking about the idea of everybody claiming and giving their roles and actions so that we can analyze them and see what happened each night.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

ShadowLurker wrote:Let's get a full claim out of Norinel at the very least.

This game is honestly very convoluted even if the roles aren't that much individually and I'm trying to decipher what the hell is going on half the time
ShadowLurker wrote:I've already stated this:

Although MBL, less bullying tactics please.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:38 pm

Post by geraintm »

Norinel and Adele.
you have both been asked now to come forward with your roles.
i don't think either of you can avoid it now.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:26 am

Post by Norinel »

This game is honestly very convoluted even if the roles aren't that much individually and I'm trying to decipher what the hell is going on half the time
All right, that's what I was missing.

I'm the Kamikaze. I have no night or day actions, so I haven't had anything to do with the night game thus far. However, if I'm lynched, the person casting the lynching vote for me will die as well.
MrBuddyLee wrote:Norinel's and Adele's behavior should give everything away to you... if they really believed I was the SK and the final threat to town, they'd be happy to claim in order to clarify the game's events. But they realize they have to lynch me AND survive tomorrow in order to win, so they're playing it close to the chest.
If that's true, then what's (what was, for me now) whichever one of Adele and I that
isn't
the SK thinking?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:34 am

Post by Adele »

Sorry for my absence the last couple of days. I'm the deputy, which (obviously) means SL must be telling the truth. Sorry, no choices to declare. Any nighttime weirdyness is unrelated to me.

So, we have everyone in play claiming not-daykiller.

Norinel claimed bomb? Ouch, that's an enjoyable scumclaim but it's no flying pumpkin.

Geraintm, I'd appreciate a claim from you too now.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:15 am

Post by geraintm »

Adele wrote:Sorry for my absence the last couple of days. I'm the deputy, which (obviously) means SL must be telling the truth. Sorry, no choices to declare. Any nighttime weirdyness is unrelated to me.

So, we have everyone in play claiming not-daykiller.

Norinel claimed bomb? Ouch, that's an enjoyable scumclaim but it's no flying pumpkin.

Geraintm, I'd appreciate a claim from you too now.
no flying pumpkin? what do you mean by that?
and frankly, i don't believe at least one of the claims.
one solution i see is that would MBL be willing to place the last vote on Norinel. :-)

Adele, i assumed my role was clear. I am the doc
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

OK, finally.

I am the
psychiatrist
, and I am
neutrally aligned
. This is why I know for a fact there's an SK in the game and have been focused on drawing them out. My win condition is that I convert the serial killer to town, and I get to try once a night. My role PM says specifically that I will investigate as scum, and the SK will investigate as town and I am the only chance to catch him.

I tried to cure Ozy, Turbo and Norinel, all unsuccessfully. Norinel is NOT the SK--I truly believed he was yesterday after his behavior but he's clean.

What Adele said makes it pretty much impossible that SL is the SK. Claiming a deputy means either she's lying or BOTH of them are, and there's pretty much no way there are still two scum alive.

I believe geraint nearly entirely based on the lack of nightkills and his reactions to various game events.

That means
we should lynch Adele.
That is why my vote has been there and will remain there.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by Adele »

Wow, MBL, you're a liar.
MrBuddyLee wrote:I am the
psychiatrist
, and I am
neutrally aligned
. This is why I know for a fact there's an SK in the game and have been focused on drawing them out. My win condition is that I convert the serial killer to town, and I get to try once a night. My role PM says specifically that I will investigate as scum, and the SK will investigate as town and I am the only chance to catch him.

I tried to cure Ozy, Turbo and Norinel, all unsuccessfully. Norinel is NOT the SK--I truly believed he was yesterday after his behavior but he's clean.

What Adele said makes it pretty much impossible that SL is the SK. Claiming a deputy means either she's lying or BOTH of them are, and there's pretty much no way there are still two scum alive.

I believe geraint nearly entirely based on the lack of nightkills and his reactions to various game events.

That means
we should lynch Adele.
That is why my vote has been there and will remain there.
Here's my argument for why that's not true.
(1) This makes, in simple motivational terms, no sense whatsoever. MBL, If you
were
neutrally aligned, if your win condition was to convert the SK, and you believed I was the SK, wouldn't you want me to survive into the night? Wouldn't that give you the chance to cure me and give the town, you
and
me game wins? That would be the logical play for you, yet argue the exact opposite, which would preclude you winning - if you were telling the truth.

(2) MBL is not a complete moron.

therefore,
(3) He's lying. Again. Still.

If he were telling the truth, he'd take the only path that'd offer him the chance of a win and vote no lynch.
His latest claim, yet again, makes no sense. He's already lied beyond any kind of excusability, and his excuse for it is a wash, because it makes-no-sense.
He's talked since the dawn of time about how the town should start to engage their brains. I think it's time we did, and lynched the liar. This is a no-brainer.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:50 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

As a neutral, I also win with any side if I survive to the end of the game. If I die without converting the SK, I do not win.

I love how Adele tries to get me lynched solely on my old lies and not on game facts. I'm the daykilling SK but I had a night action? Give me a break. She's trying to draw your attention away from an analysis of the game based on events, which would be the logical approach immediately after a massclaim.

For example:

1) Why a doc if scum daykills? Clearly scum was killing at night and got docblocked. Ergo, there is an SK killing during daytime.

etc etc etc, carry on.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:59 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

If Norinel is a SK, MBL must be guilty as well, therefore Norinel is clear.

If I am a SK, Adele must be as well, therefore, I am clear.

So now we have narrowed our list to MBL, geraintm, and Adele.

Ok now, the SK should honestly claim right now, why? If the SK claims, we no lynch, and MBL converts you to town and everybody but the three mafiates win. There is NO reason not to claim unless you're a dick and don't want people to win. This plan assumes that MBL is not the SK, but you have a MUCH better chance of winning by trusting us to convert you (as converting you gives another winner, lynching you provides no benefits) than trusting us to not lynch you today (2/3 chance of surviving as 2 people are clear) and then tommorow (1/2 chance of surviving) which means you have a 1/3 chance to win. 1/3 vs. 1, which is the better choice?
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

(SK also encompasses the chance of there being a mafia that could only daykill and only the mafia recruiter left which is the possbility I am leaning towards)
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

By the way, geraintm, can you announce your targets?
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:05 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Sorry for quadruple posting, Adele: Does your PM mention anything about becoming a Day Cop or Night Cop? Just covering all the bases here and laying your claims all fully out on the table.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

SL, the daykilling scum is pretty much off the table because we have a doc. Not completely, but that role just wouldn't make sense in a game with only daykillers. Then again, it could be an SK safeclaim, but I don't think that's the case.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:47 pm

Post by Adele »

ShadowLurker wrote:Ok now, the SK should honestly claim right now, why? If the SK claims, we no lynch, and MBL converts you to town and everybody but the three mafiates win. There is NO reason not to claim unless you're a dick and don't want people to win. This plan assumes that MBL is not the SK, but you have a MUCH better chance of winning by trusting us to convert you (as converting you gives another winner, lynching you provides no benefits) than trusting us to not lynch you today (2/3 chance of surviving as 2 people are clear) and then tommorow (1/2 chance of surviving) which means you have a 1/3 chance to win. 1/3 vs. 1, which is the better choice?
Makes sense to me.
I'm not the SK.

SL: I'm a backup; if the cop dies, I'll get his powers. That's all the mod told me.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by Adele »

MrBuddyLee wrote:As a neutral, I also win with any side if I survive to the end of the game. If I die without converting the SK, I do not win.
OK, I misunderstood your latest made-up win condition. Doesn't change the fact: if you
were
convinced I was the SK, you'd be pushing for no-lynch. So why did you push my lynch?

Because I'm your easiest target right now.

Um,
MBL wrote:She's trying to draw your attention away from an analysis of the game based on events, which would be the logical approach immediately after a massclaim.

For example:

1) Why a doc if scum daykills? Clearly scum was killing at night and got docblocked. Ergo, there is an SK killing during daytime.
When did I say there definately wasn't an SK? I think you
are
the SK; the fact of your nightchoice being related to the lack of a daykill day 1.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:39 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

geraintm: Please read posts 916-918 and then claim SK or Not SK, please remember that if you are the SK and claim SK, you will win. If you are not SK and you claim not SK, you will win. The only way you could lose is if you lied.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:00 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

The SK is lying about not being SK. If we don't get them converted, they can still win by dodging two lynches. So the right play, I believe, is to lynch the most likely SK target until/unless they fess up.

You say I should be pushing for no-lynch? LOL. So scummy. No risk to you of death today, and you gank me first thing tomorrow.

Of course, that increases the chances you get lynched tomorrow when I turn up what I say I am, so your best play is to confess now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”