YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:43 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Glork wrote:I want you to look at everyone else and figure out what
your
thoughts are. I then want you to communicate those thoughts to all of
us
Well, duh, obviously. It's still going to take me a little while.

(Besides, Thesp is scum.)
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:47 pm

Post by Mgm »

I'm not feeling the CDB wagon. If someone actually posted a reason for it, it didn't stick with me as making logical sense.
Glork wrote:MGM: If Ether were lynched as a pro-town player, where would you want to look next? What if she were lynched as a scumbag?
If Ether was a scumbag, I'd definitely look at Thesp next because of Ether's decision not to hammer him. If he was innocent, I'd have to change tack (which in this case might take a bit - not much - of the heat off Thesp).

If an Ether lynch isn't happening, I will jump back on the Thesp wagon since his death will give us the most information about the people who tried to lynch and save him.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:08 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

ChannelDelibird: 3 (Thesp Glork Fritzler)
Thesp: 2 (CES ChannelDelibird)
Zindaras: 1 (Patrick)
Ether: 1 (Mgm)

Not voting: Ether MrBuddyLee Nightfall Zindaras

We only need 5 for a lynch!
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:28 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Glork wrote:No. If I held "whenever somebody pushes a lynch on a pro-town player," I'd want to lynch like eight of the other ten players right now (though incidentally, there are more players than usual that I find to be scummy). The differences come in the manner, timing, and reasoning of a push on a pro-town player. You're intentionally oversimplifying this to try to make a point... and it's not working.
So you believe that making a PbPA and actually bothering to re-read Thesp's posts (which I don't believe is something common among the Thesp-voters) is scummier than just voting someone and insisting he is scum throughout the day?
642 is a completely neutral statement. Saying that your gut feeling had gone away does not equate to saying that you think somebody is pro-town. Your "I read Adele in isolation and think she is pro-town" statement came in 788. Though I now realize that you meant to call her pro-town in 642, you were far too ambiguous in that post. At any rate, it seems to be a moot point now.
Saying you don't think someone is scum does equal saying someone is pro-town.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:25 am

Post by Mgm »

Glork, since you posted a whole bunch of questions I'll put you to work with one to answer of your own. What does your current suspect list look like and why?
Show
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:41 am

Post by Glork »

MGM wrote:I'm not feeling the CDB wagon. If someone actually posted a reason for it, it didn't stick with me as making logical sense.
If ever there were a completely contrived post, this is it.
"If someone actonally posted a reason for it, it didn't stick with me as making logical sense."
How can you both be unsure whether somebody posted a reason ("
If
somebody
actually
posted....") yet simultaneously think that said reason (which you aren't sure exists) doesn't make logical sense?
Thinking that somebody's reasoning does not make sense necessarily implies that somebody posted reasoning, does it not?

Also, to answer your question to me:
Glork, Post 923, wrote:Probably Pro-Town:
MBL
Thesp
Fritz
MGM
Glork

Probably Scum:
CDB
Zindaras

Possibly Scum:
CES
Patrick
At most one of Ether/Nightfall. (Leaning towards Ether, though.)
Reasoning found here, here, and here. If you'll notice, my sentiments haven't changed much since then. I'm still a bit wary over MBL's "I think Ether, Zindaras, CES, and the trio on Thesp are all suspicious" comment is very out-of-place, and he may get knocked down a notch when CDB turns up scum... but other than that, it's pretty accurate.

Zindaras wrote:So you believe that making a PbPA and actually bothering to re-read Thesp's posts (which I don't believe is something common among the Thesp-voters) is scummier than just voting someone and insisting he is scum throughout the day?
No, now you're not only twisting my argument, but falsely labeling the attacks of Thesp's other attackers. Several player made arguments with more logical content. But to halfway answer your question: Sometimes. Re-reading a player's posts does not make you less likely to be scum when you make your argument. It just means you're trying harder. Like I said, there were other reasons -- timing, mannerisms -- which contribute to my sentiment. The fact that you made an entire PBPA which basically amounted to "let me label all of Thesp's good posts as "Argument." or "Response to X" and let me focus on what I can drag out that's scummy" without supplementing that attack with a vote until a week later when you could wagon Thesp to Lynch -2 sends up red flags.
Zindaras wrote:Saying you don't think someone is scum does equal saying someone is pro-town.
I disagree. But this appears to be a semantics/wording argument which I don't think will go anywhere... so there's really no point in continuing it.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:37 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Glork wrote:he may get knocked down a notch
when
CDB turns up scum
Early morning slip of the wrist?
FOS: Glork
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Glork »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
Glork wrote:he may get knocked down a notch
when
CDB turns up scum
Early morning slip of the wrist?
FOS: Glork
Quite intentional, actually.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I don't know what you guys mean by "slip of the wrist", but where I come from it has a very specific meaning...
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:36 am

FoS: Glrok

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:27 am

Post by Patrick »

Don't worry Stoofer :lol:
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:33 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I do worry. I don't want this sort of thing going on around my dining room table. And I don't want you guys to go blind...
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Mgm »

Glork wrote:
MGM wrote:I'm not feeling the CDB wagon. If someone actually posted a reason for it, it didn't stick with me as making logical sense.
If ever there were a completely contrived post, this is it.
"If someone actonally posted a reason for it, it didn't stick with me as making logical sense."
How can you both be unsure whether somebody posted a reason ("
If
somebody
actually
posted....") yet simultaneously think that said reason (which you aren't sure exists) doesn't make logical sense?
Thinking that somebody's reasoning does not make sense necessarily implies that somebody posted reasoning, does it not?
Hence the use of the word 'if'. I don't remember anyone posting a reason and that's the very reason I don't like the CDB wagon. If someone posted a reason that had merit I would've remembered it.
Show
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:10 am

Post by Thesp »

Mgm wrote:Hence the use of the word 'if'. I don't remember anyone posting a reason and that's the very reason I don't like the CDB wagon. If someone posted a reason that had merit I would've remembered it.
Let me post a recap of reasons I have given for suspicion of ChannelDelbird.
Thesp wrote:I'm still most uncomfortable with ChannelDelibird, particular with his actions D1 (following a townie's bandwagon with support and little other contribution, and deliberately not reacting to something he knew was to elicit reaction).
Thesp, to CDB wrote:I still think your silence on D1 while a townie was being run up (which you'd put your vote on early, then did not detract from nor push for) is notable, and I'm surprised no one else is jumping on it.
Thesp re:CDB wrote:What I find disconcerting is that he jumped on a bandwagon of a townie, then contributed nothing to continue the bandwagon nor anything to dissuade it. He contributed practically nothing except his vote. I haven't seen that from anyone else, if you'd like to point it out on someone, I'd love to see it, as they'd be worth looking at, too.
Thesp, in a never-responsed-to-question to CDB wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote: If I had reacted to your continuous claims that I was scum, my reaction would have been along the lines of "WTF? You're accusing me for no reason". Your 'accusations' looked to me like scum trying to deliberately incite a defensive reaction, so I was pretty sure that if I did react, you'd have pounced on it.
Why would the only possible reaction be defensive, as you seem to imply here? What was it about my "accusations" that made them appear to be scum trying to incite reactions rather than town trying to get reactions?
Thesp, calling on CDB's hypocrisy wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote:Town should not be calling for someone to die so repeatedly and vehemently on such a lack of basis.
What do you think of Cogito Ergo Sum? A cursory scan of your posts shows no substantive pressure on him, yet his activity in the thread would epitomize the idea you're putting forth here to attack me.
Further FOS: ChannelDelibird.
Thesp, re: CDB's absurd WIFOM wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote:
Thesp wrote:Why are scum more likely to be adamant and vocal? My experience has been the opposite, particularly because scum know the particular wagon-victim is town, want to push it along, but don't want to be associated too strongly with it. Your behavior D1 is consistent with this.
"I wouldn't do that as scum" = WIFOM.
You need to be taken to task for this. You are unfairly using the brand WIFOM with little actual basis.

Let's examine the form of the argument here.

CDB: I think Thesp is more likely to be scum because he exhibits A.
Thesp: In my experience, scum are more likely to exhibit
~A
(Not-A), which I have seen
you
doing.
CDB: Thesp, you are using WIFOM, which is scummy.

I think this would be a fair characterization for your attack.
If this is the form for WIFOM
, WIFOM is useless to the point of absurdity. In the first, I am not using A as a defense, as I know fully well I could be deliberately countering known or perceived scum tendencies. (I've long thought defenses are largely overrated, much because of this possibility.) In the second, I am using it to attack you, as I believe you are exhibiting tendencies scum frequently exhibit. It is ludicrous to suggest that an attack on you so phrased is WIFOM. Consider the above example, substituting for A, the concept, "is named Thesp". (In my experience, I believe I have been scum less than statistically likely to be scum, so people who are not Thesp are more likely to be scum. Yes, it's a terrible argument, but look where I'm going:)

CDB: I think Thesp is more likely to be scum because he exhibits
being named Thesp
Thesp: In my experience, scum are more likely to exhibit
not being named Thesp
, which I have seen
you
doing.
CDB: Thesp, you are using WIFOM, which is scummy.

The form is clearly absurd. (Note that it doesn't terribly matter what A is, this is purely for examining whether or not WIFOM is used here.) What you are doing is taking a disagreement over what scum are more actually likely to do, and trying to pin it on me as WIFOM. You are looking for excuses to vote me rather than looking for who might be scum, and
that
is scummy.

ChannelDelibird is exhibiting the classic characteristics of scum silently pushing terrible wagons, showing up only when called on. This must stop, and lynching him is the way to do it.
Thesp, when near the deadline and in need of useful input from CBD wrote:Also note that ChannelDelibird has been
incredibly
active on the site other than this game.
Thesp, re: CDB's return the morning after a fast-and-furious deadline no-lynch, to which he's still not returned or responded wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote:Vote: Thesp Same reasons I had yesterday.
Welcome back. Care to elaborate a response to my last post directed at you? I'd particularly like a response to my accusation against you of your hypocrisy in ignoring CES while pressing me, and of your flippant, irresponsible use of WIFOM.
Perhaps you overlooked some of this, and a re-read may provide insight. Otherwise, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the lack-of-merit of the presented case.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:20 am

Thesp wrote:Thesp, calling on CDB's hypocrisy wrote:
That's not hypocrisy, that's having double standards. :teach:

(Besides, CDB knows I play like that.)

And the one before last is essentially misrepresentation. CDB has not been particularly active in any of his games. Sitewide, sure, but that's hardly relevant.

Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:58 am

Post by Nightfall »

Speaking of CDB,

CDB you still here?
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Mgm »

Thesp, it's more a case of merit for other players than a lack of merit of the CDB things you posted. The things you've recapped can be scummy, but there's better candidates out there.
Show
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:55 pm

Post by Glork »

Mgm wrote:Thesp, it's more a case of merit for other players than a lack of merit of the CDB things you posted. The things you've recapped can be scummy, but there's better candidates out there.
You're insane. Two of the three players currently voting CDB have
extensively
written about why they think CDB is scum. I don't think I've made a single positive comment about CDB's play, and Thesp just lined up numerous reasons to beleive CDB is scum. Nobody else is willing to jump aboard. The fact that this "wagon" has stalled at 3 votes and nobody is willing to explore it further is probably testament to the fact that there are a few wary townies, and that both of CDB's scumbuddies are figthting (or, at the very least, patentedly avoiding) a lynch on him.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:19 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

vote: ChannelDelibird.
I've spotted something very naughty. I suggest the rest of you read his posts with a fine-toothed comb if you already haven't.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

That's L-1 by the way. And yeah, he's
definitely
the right lynch today.

If CDB turns up town and I die tonight, go after the people who pushed his wagon for certain. Do NOT let them off the hook.

If he comes up scum and I'm dead, look into Nightfall, CES, Zindy and eventually MgM later in the game.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:53 pm

Post by Glork »

I'm glad you finally saw the light, MBL.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:09 pm

Post by Glork »

Hmm... actually,
Unvote

I absolutely plan on lynching CDB today. But I want to finish my analysis before the end of the day, just in case I end up dying overnight.

I really do hope you folks look at it carefully if you haven't already. I'd like to think that there's a lot of useful stuff in there.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:09 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one but if I'm not, Fritz or Thesp is taking the fall, not me.

Seriously, everyone who checks this thread should reread CDB's posts carefully and give their thoughts. There's something significant in there but I missed it the first two times through.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

ohoho, now wait a minute. Was that L-1 too close for comfort? Did I call your bluff on your bus attempt?

I'm going to hold you to that promise to lynch CDB regardless of how things play out. I've seen this play before in Light's Out and it didn't end well there. And before you ask as usual if I'm being dense, the answer is no.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by Glork »

MBL, you're jumping at shadows.

I
will
see to it that CDB is lynched today. I'm sure that won't change in the final part(s) of my re-read. I just want to throw down some more analysis before I potentially die overnight. (And yes, I find it far more likely that I'll die overnight than you will. Come to think of it, I think it's more likely that any one of about 3 players will die, rather than you.)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”