NY 167: COMPLETELY NORMAL Mafia (GAME OVER)

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:42 am

Post by Cabd »

I do want to know how me pointing out called can't keep her shit straight is a misrep though!
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:46 am

Post by MVP »

First of all, I'm not Varsoon.

Secondly, the sole purpose of her wagon has been set-up as the counter-wagon to Orci.

Do you actually think the slot is scum, or are you just pushing for a policy lynch to protect the "cop claim?"
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:48 am

Post by Cabd »

If it was a complete policy lynch, my vote would be on cowbells.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:50 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Is there a viable caledfwitch case?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:51 am

Post by MVP »

Then why are you voting Caled? What makes her scum or more likely to be scum than others?

You started the wagon but haven't been the least bit concerned with how quickly it built up or why people were on that wagon.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:57 am

Post by MVP »

In post 1803, PeregrineV wrote:Is there a viable caledfwitch case?
In post 1532, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 1530, caledfwitch wrote:I don't really believe in orc's claim, but it seems like an easy wagon so I'm also hesitant to vote for him.
Let me fix that for you:
In post 1530, caledfwitch wrote:I want to cast doubt on this claim in case the lynch swings that way, but I'm worried I might get heat for actually attacking him. I'll just post here and test the waters to see how town swings.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: caled
In post 1594, Hermy wrote:Also, I love how the majority of the Caled wagon is comprised of scummy people...
The Caled wagon:
(someone makes perfectly decent case; VOTE)
(I agree; VOTE)
(I agree too; VOTE)
(I also agree, join the wagon; VOTE)

Not liking this at all.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:02 am

Post by goodmorning »

i better get to work writing death scenes before it's too late

THE THINGS I DO FOR YOU ALL

Votecount 1.60

caledfwitch [L-2] - MC Maraca, Cephrir, sangres, orcinus_theoriginal, Angry Frat BROs, Sakura Hana, Toomai

orcinus_theoriginal [L-2] - PeregrineV, likeabauss, Hermy, RadiantCowbells, MVP, yessiree, Guyett

likeabauss [L-8] - JacobSavage

Guyett [L-8] - caledfwitch

Not Voting [1] - TheIrishPope

With 17 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2013-11-20 09:39:00)
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:09 am

Post by Angry Frat BROs »

In post 1793, MVP wrote:So let me get this straight.

Bauss puts his ass on the line and calls out his Mafia Bro for being scum, and Orci decides to claim cop (which isn't an unlikely scum claim).

Cabd freaks out, misreps Caled, and decides to policy lynch her instead of trying to get a good scum-lynch.

Everyone on the Caled wagon is bad and should feel bad.

Orci must be one hell of a scum-role or scum player to be getting this kind of protection from his scum-team.

~ Pete
You're missing the part where caled lurked for like 1500 posts and then didn't post anything of substance on the return.

And the Orc case is still thin and built on bullshit that scum-bauss is spewing.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:11 am

Post by MVP »

In post 1807, Angry Frat BROs wrote:You're missing the part where caled lurked for like 1500 posts and then didn't post anything of substance on the return.
Is it a policy lynch or is it a scum-lynch?

If it's not the second one, don't talk to me.
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:11 am

In post 1795, Guyett wrote:Not happy with the caled wagon
Reasons still appear to be hard for everyone in this game.
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:11 am

In post 1808, MVP wrote:Is it a policy lynch or is it a scum-lynch?

If it's not the second one, don't talk to me.
Second.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:13 am

Post by MVP »

Then provide a case.

No matter how you look at it, Cabd twisted Caled's words and people sheeped him. There was no sorting involved.
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:15 am

You mean like people did with Bauss's case on me and Orc? Are you seriously failing to see your hypocrisy there?

Writing a case now.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:20 am

Post by MVP »

In post 1404, caledfwitch wrote:CALED'S SUPER AMAZING (BUT ALSO SILLY) READS LIST
(yay content!)
:

town or
town
  • MVP - Your direct posts are a big town tell for me (thumbs up coming soon)
    sangres - Confidence is a big town read for me, as more confident players usually take up leader roles
    Toomai - Also quite confident, which is reassuring.
    AFB
    - I don't actually see how these guys are particularly scum-ish, but I want to see more level-headed posts from BRO-head, because arguing on the Internet doesn't help. A case on this guy would be great
    JS
    - I liked that one reads post apart from what I felt was interpreting Guyett incorrectly.
null
  • Cephrir - save the sarcasm for later, you have time to think your posts through
    Hermy - still looking for that reads list you mentioned in post 843
    PV - post 1395 sounds townish but I have a feeling that you'll be giving someone a twist package during the night instead >__>
    Sakura Hana - why would you change your meta this game?? wouldn't acting town give you a better chance
    TIP - Surprised your post count has been so low for someone who everyone argues about.
scum or
scum
  • Guyett - I've seen how he reacts to a wagon as town, and this isn't it. He's acting way too chill to be town.
    yessiree - how is it so easy to catch scum?? is JS shit posting the only reason you voted for him?? "your opinion doesn't matter"??????
    likeabauss
    - Your posts are good but your reliance on the support of other people is suspicious. Make a good case, and others will follow.
    orcinus
    - *votes* 3 posts later *shifts vote* ???? put some thought into what ur doing
    RC
    - obvious town my ass
hrrrrrrrrrk idek
  • MC Maraca - you two are like a tipping seesaw to me, idek whats going on!!!
Reads list. Whether you agree with it or not, it's content and there's substance. Oh look, Guyett and Orc are both scum-reads.
In post 1406, caledfwitch wrote:In light of my wall of text, which I probably should have put under a spoiler:

VOTE: Guyett

He is acting way too laid-back to be town. I've played with him in one game where he was town and he was always skittish and panicky – I'm not seeing this here.

It's going to take a lot to move my vote from him, Guyett you are going down.

PEDIT: Have you played any town games with this new meta?
Oh look! A vote on Guyett! A scum-read!
In post 1412, caledfwitch wrote:The italics mean they are LEAN-faction. (im dead)

likeabauss is too reliant on the support of other players; like I said, if you make a convincing case people will follow. Therefore he is kind of scummy.

Guyett is my top scum read though; he is actually a lot more laid-back as scum from what I've noticed, probably because he knows he has people to back him up. As the game goes on he might get progressively more nervous as scum dies, but right now no. Confidence is usually a sign of townish players, but not him.

Also Cephrir it wasn't just a little sarcasm; there was basically sass in every post. I sick-burned some kid six times in one hour IRL and decided that, like your sarcasm, it was a bit much.
More content!
In post 1530, caledfwitch wrote:I don't really believe in orc's claim, but it seems like an easy wagon so I'm also hesitant to vote for him.
A wagon on a scum-read. Already voting a scum-read. The second scum-read is stronger than the first. What's the issue?
In post 1537, caledfwitch wrote:
In post 1532, MC Maraca wrote:
Let me fix that for you:
In post 1530, caledfwitch wrote:I want to cast doubt on this claim in case the lynch swings that way, but I'm worried I might get heat for actually attacking him. I'll just post here and test the waters to see how town swings.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: caled
If you've actually learned anything useful you will know that input from various sources is needed, so here's another viewpoint:
In post 1530, caledfwitch wrote:Orc sounds kind of scummy but as said before I am absolutely convinced that Guyett is scum and I'm not moving my vote anytime soon.
My meta will reveal that I only vote when absolutely convinced of someone's guilt, and rarely move said vote.
Did nobody check the logic in Cabd's post? Did nobody go to check whether or not Caled's voting pattern is consistent with her meta?
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:21 am

1) 14 posts. Demonstrates a lack of interest in scumhunting.

2) Doesn't provide a post with content until . In this post, she provides only a reads list with rudimentary reasons behind the reads. The reads themselves are null; she has a mix of going-with-the-flow looking reads and consensus reads, whereas the scummier thing to do would be to have pure consensus reads.

However, some of the "reasons" she gives for reads are stuff like:
In post 1404, caledfwitch wrote:Cephrir - save the sarcasm for later, you have time to think your posts through
In post 1404, caledfwitch wrote:TIP - Surprised your post count has been so low for someone who everyone argues about.
Her "reasons" don't delve into her thinking: There's no transparency, and because of her lack of posting, there's no trajectory to analyze, either.

3)
So much fencesitting around the claim. Looks like newbscum who doesn't know how to proceed.

pedit: will address your points b/c I'm getting this up.
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:23 am

Re your points on and , those aren't particularly scummy posts. I've drawn my case from elsewhere.

Re her reads list, I've pointed out why the content is weak and scum (lack of transparency of thought + lack of trajectory means that we have no way of tracking her thought process. Makes her reads ineffective for pushing anything, and obfuscates where buddies are later in the case of a flip)

Re her not voting Orc: The point is not that she's not voting him, it's that she massively fencesits.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:31 am

Post by MVP »

In post 1815, Angry Frat BROs wrote:Re her not voting Orc: The point is not that she's not voting him, it's that she massively fencesits.
Massively fencesitting in favor of the scum-read she's convinced of?
In post 1815, Angry Frat BROs wrote:Re her reads list, I've pointed out why the content is weak and scum (lack of transparency of thought + lack of trajectory means that we have no way of tracking her thought process. Makes her reads ineffective for pushing anything, and obfuscates where buddies are later in the case of a flip)
The content is weak, but it's not necessarily scum. If you had an issue with the thought process, why not engage her and just ask? You're leveraging a case on her based on her reads list.

She has stances. She has strong stances. And I highly doubt having an issue with trajectories should make her scummier than other people because I haven't seen many comprehensive reads lists this game.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:32 am

Post by MVP »

Your case has a one huge problem: It's too one-sided.

Weak contents can also come from newbtown.
Newbtown can fencesit too, you know. When they are paranoid. Post 1530 can be easily seen as town paranoia as well. Why can't it be a town paranoia and why does it have to be ONLY scum-fencesit?

P-Edit: attaboy.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:37 am

Post by MVP »

Speaking of caled

@Sangres:
I want to know the exact reason why you guys think caled is scum.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:38 am

Post by MVP »

In post 1680, sangres wrote:We've had a partial synch this morning. And we're putting our vote here:

VOTE: caledfwitch
You guys even synched for it, so I assume that you will have no problem giving it to me.
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:38 am

She's not fence-sitting in favor of anything. She's massively cogdissing it up.

If it were newbtown being paranoid, I'd expect a full back-off to see how better players deal with it/to be safe. I'm a fairly experienced player, and I still don't like lynching un-CC'd PRs, even neg-utility ones.
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:39 am

@Bauss what is your Cephrir read?
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:43 am

Post by MVP »

In post 1820, Angry Frat BROs wrote:If it were newbtown being paranoid, I'd expect a full back-off to see how better players deal with it/to be safe. I'm a fairly experienced player, and I still don't like lynching un-CC'd PRs, even neg-utility ones.
Is this not what she's doing?
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:43 am

Post by MVP »

She's not even voting her counter-wagon ffs.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:25 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1788, likeabauss wrote:If you don't trust my Rank read, just look at his behavior. Reread his ISO, look at the deviations in play as things progressed. Look at post claim play, certainly not that of town.
This is not an argument. Though I would like to interject here that I actually think orc is more likely scum than caled at this point but I'm still not lynching him.
In post 1791, likeabauss wrote:
In post 688, goodmorning wrote:Votecount 1.25

Guyett [L-3] - PeregrineV, Sakura Hana,
orcinus_theoriginal
, TheIrishPope, Toomai,
Angry Frat BROs
In post 895, goodmorning wrote:JacobSavage [L-4] - sangres,
MC Maraca
orcinus_theoriginal
, Cephrir, Hermy
In post 1100, goodmorning wrote:JacobSavage [L-4] - sangres,
MC Maraca
, Cephrir, Hermy,
Angry Frat BROs
In post 1401, goodmorning wrote:RadiantCowbells [L-4] -
MC Maraca
, TheIrishPope, RadiantCowbells, Cephrir,
orcinus_theoriginal
In post 1775, goodmorning wrote:caledfwitch [L-3] -
MC Maraca
, Guyett, Cephrir, sangres,
orcinus_theoriginal
Angry Frat BROs
4 potentially viable wagons for today, outside of FratBros and Orcinus for today. Look at who is on most of them. This isn't rocket science. Orcinus has been on ALL of them. FratBros and McMaraca on 3 each.
sangres is also on 3 of them, and I'm on 4, so what's your point?
In post 1792, likeabauss wrote:
In post 1354, goodmorning wrote:Angry Frat BROs [L-4] - likeabauss, Toomai, Hermy, RadiantCowbells, PeregrineV
In post 1485, goodmorning wrote:orcinus_theoriginal [L-1] - Sakura Hana, sangres, Guyett, PeregrineV, Toomai, likeabauss, yessiree, TheIrishPope
In post 1775, goodmorning wrote:orcinus_theoriginal [L-2] - PeregrineV, likeabauss, Hermy, RadiantCowbells, MVP, yessiree, Sakura Hana

Wagons for FratBros and Orcinus above. NOTICE who isn't on ANY OF THOSE WAGONS?
Angry Frat BROs

orcinus_theoriginal

MC Maraca

Doesn't that strike anybody else as odd? Out of place? They've basically been ALL about lynching anybody else, except for FratBros and Orcinus.
Well I daresay it's not likely we'd find AFB or Orcinus voting for themselves, so I'd venture to guess it's not at all odd that they were not on one wagon each. I am also not on either of these wagons. It is therefore rather easy for me to imagine town doing the same thing.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”