Mewbie 1442 the second -- Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:43 am

Post by jmo16mla »

:neutral:
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:05 am

Post by CrisP »

meaning?
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:09 am

Post by jmo16mla »

We have 8 hours to deadline and you want to pressure her with your one vote?
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:17 am

Post by CrisP »

Yes because she has every reason to talk now as town and none as mafia, so I want her to talk. You just lost to lurkers, while being a PR and not voting, I would expect you to help me pressure her.

Don't worry about the rest and re read my post to BW.

In general I have been checking the winning town stats on the wiki and they are abysmal, my conclusion, similar to the feeling I'm having in this game, is that lurkers are screwing town over, so the best way to normalize the stats and in general to win games here is to pressure lurkers.
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:32 am

Post by CrisP »

My last post for today will be at the 3 hour mark.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:02 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 278, CrisP wrote:Yes because she has every reason to talk now as town and none as mafia, so I want her to talk. You just lost to lurkers, while being a PR and not voting, I would expect you to help me pressure her.

Don't worry about the rest and re read my post to BW.

In general I have been checking the winning town stats on the wiki and they are abysmal, my conclusion, similar to the feeling I'm having in this game, is that lurkers are screwing town over, so the best way to normalize the stats and in general to win games here is to pressure lurkers.
Because who the hell, as a confirmed town, votes in LYLO?

Think about what you just said...

Voting he will not put any type of pressure on her. Do I believe she needs to talk? Sure. But I'm not risking us not getting a lynch.
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:20 am

Post by CrisP »

How can someone be so dense, I don't know. At least the fact you care makes me feel a bit better about trusting other people's reads on you. I'll post at the 3h mark cause that's what I promised.
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:38 am

Post by CrisP »

Very well, I think everyone that wanted to talk had the chance to; the rest of the discussion is for tomorrow.

RachMarie, I
hammer
you because:

- You have been lurking for the entirety, and have produced little to no content, day 1.

- You claimed vanilla town at L-1, a move that can only help mafia, and your general defence was weak: no reads other than on the one person who might be lynched in your place and saying you do not really mind being lynched.

- You are the only one that has played with JM and still maintains after my accusations and his defences that he is the scummiest. Nacho, GIF, BW and to a much lesser degree GM all think that he is town or at least less scummy than you, since they can't all be mafia I have to believe their read is not an attempt to misguide me and thus as accurate as they can make it.

- You would have been killed by BW if I had not asked him to wait for the lurkers, nominally AA and GIF, to post (which they have not but this is a discussion for tomorrow) so I also owe BW this vote.

If you were town, I hope I will not have to play with you again.

VOTE: RachMarie
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by goodmorning »

might be looking at nacho real hard tomorrow

actually pretty likely

might have the flu

will be v/la thurs, fri, maybe sat
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Final VC of D1With 9 alive it's 5 votes to lynch.

Voting for:

*CrisP -
*guyinfreezer - Buckwild [1]
*goodmorning -
*Brian Skies -
*jmo16mla - Brian Skies, RachMarie [2]
*ArcAngel9 -
*Buckwild - ArcAngel9 [1]
*RachMarie - Nachomamma8, jmo16mla, Goodmorning, GuyInFreezer, CrisP [5] [LYNCH]
*Nachomamma8 -

Not voting: [0]

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2013-11-12 19:39:00)

RachMarie was lynched. She was a vanilla townie.

Night 1 ends in (expired on 2013-11-14 19:27:00)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:36 am

Post by Malakittens »

GiF requested replacement.

He's been replaced by Yiu113.

Deadline remains the same.

Night 1 ends in (expired on 2013-11-14 19:27:00)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Nachomamma8 was killed he was a
Vanilla Townie.

2.00With 7 alive it's 4 votes to lynch.

Voting for:

*CrisP -
*Yiu113 -
*goodmorning -
*Brian Skies -
*jmo16mla -
*ArcAngel9 -
*Buckwild -
*Nachomamma8 -

Not voting: Buckwild, jmo16mla, Goodmorning, CrisP, ArcAngel9, Brian Skies, Yiu113 [7]

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2013-11-28 21:56:00)

jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

Yiu113. Give me thoughts.
Yiu113
Yiu113
Townie
Yiu113
Townie
Townie

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by Yiu113 »

Alright.

/confirm.

Let's do this. So, after reading the last 11 pages and thinking about them for about a day an a half, I think I'll give a basic rundown on what I think about everyone thus far.

CrisP - Has been active all game, been pressuring people for things they know, which is a town read from me. In addition to that, has led heavy attacks versus a few people, Jmo in particular.
goodmorning - Has been active for pretty much the entire game, playing very defensively. Very minor buddying with a few people, nothing else though.
Brian Skies - Posted a lot when he first replaced in, then sort of faded off. Gave his thoughts about a lot of the posts though, so he seems to be helping town.
jmo16mla - Tried to get GoodMorning lynched really early in the game. Brand new to Mafiascum so I'm not certain if he's done something people here seem scummy, but my experience with mafias elsewhere hasn't shown my anything too suspicious from him. Other than that, nothing too scummy. Active the entire game.
ArcAngel9 - All lurking from what I can see. Most scummy player I see.
Buckwild - Active for around 2/3 of the game. Pressured GiF early in the game, who I now replace. Not too certain what I feel about him.

If you have any questions on my thoughts of specific things, don't be afraid to ask them.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:11 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

Arc's scummyness is based completely off of her lurking?
Yiu113
Yiu113
Townie
Yiu113
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:17 pm

Post by Yiu113 »

Lurking for that long is a very scummy thing, especially considering they've had one post throughout the two weeks that the game has been open.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:30 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

You realized she replaced DiamondCrash correct?

While I believe that slot needs to post, I don't have a scum read on that slot.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:32 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Well, now that Nacho's confirmed Town I literally only have two suspects.

Vote: jmo
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:33 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

bringing up the NK, thats not scummy.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

ACTUALLY, GM, why do you think Nacho is dead?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Because he's Nacho.

Duh.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

Wow that's horrible. GM, you may actually be scum. But I'll let your partner post before I vote one of you.
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:25 pm

Post by CrisP »

So here are my thoughts based on what happened:

- It's almost impossible for only town to have voted on RM, of course she fucked up so bad you never know, but I have to assume at least one and possibly two mafia are in the group of people that voted her: Jmo16mla, Goodmorning, Yui113. I also include Buckwild because he would have voted if I hadn't asked him to wait.

- Nacho died and he was town, the main things he did this game were defending jmo16mla and accusing first GM and BR then RM and BR and finally RM and AA's slot. So AA, BR and GM would have a reason to kill him, GM actually stated Nacho was a good kill, jmo16mla also benefitted from this because now he seems more town.

- I'm alive and I thought I would be dead for sure considering how much I had to expose myself to get this game going, it's too bad I'm not mafia cause I could just go afk and wait for the RM's of this game to hand me the victory, this however means, in my mind because you should always question everyone's alignment, that mafia valued killing nacho over killing an almost confirmed town. So why's that? I have to assume I probably have the wrong the reads on someone that is in the mafia group and that points to BW, Yui113, AA because I read them as town, and GM for the same reasons. This also makes jmo16mla look more town because as mafia he would have to assume I would come out of the gate trying to get him killed.

Now back to what you guys posted:

yui113 wrote:ArcAngel9 - All lurking from what I can see. Most scummy player I see.
I like that you gave you reads, I especially liked that you went against what I said about jmo16mla, because my idea is mafia is going to try a bandwagon on him again, if he is not mafia, and that's why I'm alive, but I don't like that your only scum was the low hanging fruit lurker. On the other hand I see how this might happen, please be active.
jmo16mla wrote:While I believe that slot needs to post, I don't have a scum read on that slot.
I agree with this, now that I know RM was not mafia her not voting is actually good for her, still this looks like another RM in the making.
Goodmorning wrote:might be looking at nacho real hard tomorrow

actually pretty likely

might have the flu

This post gives me the creeps, why would you even think of putting yourself V/LA during night time? This looks highly artificial. Why would you post you will be looking at Nacho before you know if RM is town or mafia? Other than a lurking suspicion, which I believe you guys can read in my hammer post, I also had to admit RM was looking really scummy, and if she was mafia then Nacho would have been one of the most town in the game, considering he started the whole vote on her and redirected the attention on her from JM. You posting this makes me think you were already planning what to do next because you already knew RM's alignment.
Goodmorning wrote:Well, now that Nacho's confirmed Town I literally only have two suspects.

I don't like this because that's what I thought mafia would do today if I were alive. Who's your other suspect?

Considerations on who did not vote for RM

It's possible that there is a scum between BR and AA, I don't think it's both of them. I'd like to hear the reason why BR decided not to vote for RM, or why you thought JM was the scummier of the two and I'd like to hear something from AA or have her replaced by someone more active.

And finally my analysis of the situation:

- BW remains town for me, he has had original comments throughout the game which shows he is actively trying to puzzle the game out and not interested in bandwagoning on people. He took his time to decide on who to vote between JM and RM, instead of joining in, he town-read Nacho at a crucial time where the question of: is Nacho defending jmo16mla because he is honest town or because he is mafia protecting his buddy was really important to answer, and mafia had very little reason to give Nacho's alignment to town.

- Jmo16mla, I went hard on him all day yesterday, and thank god for that because it's the thing that gives us the most information in this game, considering we lynched someone who had almost 0 interactions with the rest of us, that's why I did not like the RM lynch from a strategic point of view. Nacho read him as town and then he died, I see the play of jmo16mla killing him off and claiming town points for it, but I think it's unlikely. So at this point he is my second town read, it also helps that most people who are town or of whom I have town reads also town read him. I do hope my low opinion of his game play is not making me give a too low probability to the above mentioned play (killing nacho off), so you should be careful about a possible bias there.

This leaves, with a pretty high probability,
at least 1
mafia between Yui113 and Goodmorning.

- Yui113, I place you in this group because you are lower in the town hierarchy for me, but GIF was sheeping Nacho and probably had a town read on him, you posted what I wanted to hear about jmo16mla, for the moment I think you are leaning town, but the way the votes went down puts you in the spotlight for me.

GM I think you are the logical person to start pressuring, give me something good because at the moment I really think you are scummy. My read on why she was leaning town by the way, was that she normally doesn't interact with her scum partner other than hiding him in her weak town reads if necessary, but she did interact a lot with BR, now that the scum pairs are changing this no longer applies as much, plus there are a multitude of other considerations that overwrite that ISO of her.

VOTE: Goodmorning
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:57 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 297, CrisP wrote:- Nacho died and he was town, the main things he did this game were defending jmo16mla and accusing first GM and BR then RM and BR and finally RM and AA's slot. So AA, BR and GM would have a reason to kill him, GM actually stated Nacho was a good kill, jmo16mla also benefitted from this because now he seems more town.
Nacho was probably the strongest player in this game.
- I'm alive and I thought I would be dead for sure considering how much I had to expose myself to get this game going, it's too bad I'm not mafia cause I could just go afk and wait for the RM's of this game to hand me the victory, this however means, in my mind because you should always question everyone's alignment, that mafia valued killing nacho over killing an almost confirmed town. So why's that? I have to assume I probably have the wrong the reads on someone that is in the mafia group and that points to BW, Yui113, AA because I read them as town, and GM for the same reasons. This also makes jmo16mla look more town because as mafia he would have to assume I would come out of the gate trying to get him killed.
This is WIFOM, WIFOM is bad and the first part looks extra specially bad.
Goodmorning wrote:might be looking at nacho real hard tomorrow

actually pretty likely

might have the flu

This post gives me the creeps, why would you even think of putting yourself V/LA during night time? This looks highly artificial. Why would you post you will be looking at Nacho before you know if RM is town or mafia? Other than a lurking suspicion, which I believe you guys can read in my hammer post, I also had to admit RM was looking really scummy, and if she was mafia then Nacho would have been one of the most town in the game, considering he started the whole vote on her and redirected the attention on her from JM. You posting this makes me think you were already planning what to do next because you already knew RM's alignment.
Because the mod could need to reach me overnight for any number of reasons and I like to let folks know when I'll be unavailable?
Because I wasn't a huge fan of his posting for the most part regardless of Rach's flip. I don't do pre-flip associations. I'm pretty sure we've been over that.
Are you saying bussing is impossible?
Goodmorning wrote:Well, now that Nacho's confirmed Town I literally only have two suspects.

I don't like this because that's what I thought mafia would do today if I were alive. Who's your other suspect?
The same one I've had the entire time. If you haven't been reading my posts that's a crying shame. It's Buck.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:22 am

Post by jmo16mla »

I didn't even know your other suspect.

Still waiting for arc and buck to post.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”