Mewbie 1442 the second -- Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Post by CrisP »

I point you to: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... _a_good_IC and in particular

Don't lurk:

Lurking kills newbie games. There are only 7-9 players in the game as is, so there are a decreased number of people posting in the game to begin with. Do not subtract from that number. Make an effort to post in the game, and post regularly. As an IC you are at least partially responsible for the flow of the game, because very often the other players in the game will not understand why more discussion is a good thing. You want to lead by example. Secondly, you want to give the newbies a good first experience. GAMES WHERE NO ONE IS POSTING ARE NOT FUN. Give them a fun game. Give yourself a fun game. Don't lurk.

Newbies get paralyzed all the time, trying to sort out what happens next. When ICs lurk, it provides an example that this is 'how it's done' on this site, which hurts every game they will be in in the future until/unless they learn otherwise. - Mr. Flay
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:35 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Games where only one person is posting aren't fun either.

Any one player can only do so much for activity.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Prodding Rach and jmo. Iamdrrobot is forgiven due to v/la.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Vote Count 1.05With 9 alive it's 5 votes to lynch.

Voting for:

*CrisP - Goodmorning [1]
*guyinfreezer - Buckwild [1]
*goodmorning - jmo16mla [1]
*IamDrRobot - Nachomamma8 [1]
*jmo16mla -
*DiamondCrash -
*Buckwild - GuyInFreezer, DiamondCrash [2]
*RachMarie -
*Nachomamma8 -

Not voting: IamDrRobot, RachMarie, CrisP [3]

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2013-11-12 20:39:00)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:50 pm

Post by RachMarie »

prodding me the day after my V/LA ends :P

ok will catch up and see why this game has been so sluggish (only 6 pages???)
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

DC doesn't seem that town this game.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:52 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

preodf dodgfew
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:36 am

Post by CrisP »

Nachomamma8 wrote:DC doesn't seem that town this game.
why?
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:46 am

Post by jmo16mla »

Whoops. I'm here.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:57 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

gm y r u still voting CrisP
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:10 am

Post by jmo16mla »

VOTE: chrisp
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

^
bad vote
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 134, GuyInFreezer wrote:gm y r u still voting CrisP
Good question.

Vote: Jmo
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 136, GuyInFreezer wrote:^
bad vote
It served its point.

VOTE: gm
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Post by goodmorning »

For the record, my vote has nothing to do with your CrisP vote.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

Its got something to do with me continually calling you scum? because that's just about all i can remember doing in this game.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:34 pm

Post by RachMarie »

ok in reading the first couple of pages something stuck out at me

Crisp why would you vote and get on DC saying he was lying about being a VT last game? So was I. At most we have 2 PRs for town and can just have one. Sometimes the mafia also has a PR sometimes both are goons. That is in the matrix set up in the OP.

CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:45 pm

Post by CrisP »

Because I thought the setup was the same as the one posted in the forum thread, not that you would pick a row or a column and fill the rest with vanilla town or mafia goons as explained in the wiki.

If that would have been the case then there was just one vanilla town (me), hence DC could not have been one also.

As to why I thought that was pertinent to this game, see my post 46 in answer to JM.

Now Rach, you could have easily gathered this information without asking by reading, I actually made a summary for you on post 120, so my question to you is why are you asking me to explain this again?

Regarding the JM vs GM issue, it would help a lot if you posted reasons for what you are doing instead of just saying someone is scum. I'm in favor of putting the heat on JM, GM has been under observation for a while now and most people I have in my "very tentative" town circle, seem to be ok with her for now, JM on the other hand hasn't really been questioned and has just been giving random statements without explaining himself. The same goes for BW, I wouldn't mind upping the pressure on him either.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:56 pm

Post by RachMarie »

I read through the posts from last point thats why. I use that mostly and only reread the whole thing or ISOs sometimes when I feel I need more info.

Which is why I am rereading from the beginning now

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Post by RachMarie »

In post 68, CrisP wrote:Of course we are all fishing at the moment GM, still you could try to be proactive instead of defensive, I liked the vote on me plus discussion, given my mistake about the game setup last time it's reasonable, but you could have elaborated more and after that you spent your time defending yourself, which is not pro town in my eyes, there's not much you can say to defend yourself at the start so you might as well show you are town by helping and ignore the random heat (if you're town).
jmo16mla wrote:
Newb scum like to unvote quickly when they realize they're wrong. Typically they don't move their vote to someone. I'm keeping my eyes on Chrisp, but he's town right now.
I'm new on mafiascum but I have played a lot of IRL mafia for years.

In my opinion newbs lurk, especially if they are mafia
. I want to point out to BW, since he didn't believe me at the time, that following that rule last game we would have found the two mafia after 40 posts day 1.

Not here. Lurking tends to be a nulltell on MS. There are newbtown and newbscum tells, but lurking is not one of them. I sometimes lurk when RL is being a PITA, and my fiance is a notorious lurker. (NS as in Nobody Special, not notscience).

However I am getting a towny feel for you even if there are things you are offbase on. like the above. You go in the town pile.

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Post by RachMarie »

wow just wow this game

ok all caught up. GM would love more from you since you are the IC and I dont want to step on your toes here

uggh sorry your laptop got stolen that totally sucks Nacho :( Post when you can I need to peg if you are scum or town in this game ASAP.

Now that you are back from V/LA, IDR I would like to hear more from you.

jmo so you were scumz last round eh? Could you explain why you think GM is scum?

CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:47 pm

Post by CrisP »

RachMarie wrote:Not here. Lurking tends to be a nulltell on MS. There are newbtown and newbscum tells, but lurking is not one of them. I sometimes lurk when RL is being a PITA, and my fiance is a notorious lurker. (NS as in Nobody Special, not notscience).

However I am getting a towny feel for you even if there are things you are offbase on. like the above. You go in the town pile.
If this is the case on MS then towns in MS need to step up their game, lurking is not an acceptable town practice. I don't think this is the case though, having meta'd a few people and read some of the award winning threads. Whether you are saying this to justify your general play, GIF called you a notorius lurker, or because you are mafia and want to avoid putting attention on the other quiet people and yourself is a question town should ponder. My opinion is that it's more the first than the second, here's why.
RachMarie wrote: However I am getting a towny feel for you even if there are things you are offbase on. like the above. You go in the town pile.
RachMarie wrote:wow just wow this game

ok all caught up. GM would love more from you since you are the IC and I dont want to step on your toes here

uggh sorry your laptop got stolen that totally sucks Nacho :( Post when you can I need to peg if you are scum or town in this game ASAP.

Now that you are back from V/LA, IDR I would like to hear more from you.

jmo so you were scumz last round eh? Could you explain why you think GM is scum?
This analysis, after you read all the posts, is honestly not great, you basically sheep me but there are two small bits of content that make me like you a bit better:

1. Pinging Nacho is original content and either a good mafia play, I specifically left Nacho out from my pressure post above to see who would pick up on it, his MO can be described in exactly the same way as JM's

2. Pointing out that IamDr's V/LA has endeed and he hasn't posted yet is also a good point, it's also not consistent of the RM trying to avoid putting attention on quiet people, I still wanted to bring up the possibility because not knowing you I am not confident enough of my reads and I want the rest of town to have as much information as possible.
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:49 pm

Post by CrisP »

:P I did not finish one sentence, too tired:

1. Pinging Nacho is original content and either a good mafia play or standard town, I specifically left Nacho out from my pressure post above to see who would pick up on it and him, because I believe he is a good town ping at the moment, his MO can be described in exactly the same way as JM's after all.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 29, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote: goodmorning

poor thing to jump on.
I called it a poor thing to jump on because the joke vote of the person who ruined the game last time isn't really worthy of comment, and isn't likely to get any good reactions. GiF and I's cross-voting spree on one another was in order to feel each other out (we've played together enough times where we can occasionally get a good read based on how awkwardly the other is responding to us), Buck isn't expected to have any avenues like that to explore, but I didn't like GM ignoring the early exchange, especially since she's familiar with at least one of the members of it.
In post 39, goodmorning wrote:ugh why is this game actively trying to be as baffling as possible?
This was a little town because I would expect gm-scum to be posturing for a mislynch by now, but it was still strange that she didn't do anything that could actually help advance the game (question any of the newb's oddities or the oddities of GiF and I). GiF picked up on this in his next post.
In post 46, CrisP wrote:Two reasons:

- I didn't see nacho's post about who was scum until after I wrote it (from my phone), and had I seen it I would still not know for sure if what he said is true.

- Why would he lie about his role were he town, he has no incentive do to so, were he mafia he might, plus it's often telling how people react when caught in a lie.
I don't understand why you didn't answer the question with "it was a joke".
In post 47, goodmorning wrote:
Vote: CrisP

Discuss.
Trying to get the game started this way was another weak attempt, which GiF again picked up in his next post. Things like this require other people to contribute in order to advance the game state; there are much better approaches you can take in order to do good stuff like that.
In post 61, jmo16mla wrote:In serious as hell about my vote on GM though.
I'm liking the earneesty of jmo's push on goodmorning so far, especially since she looks pretty scummy at this point in time.
In post 87, Buckwild wrote:Seriously though, GIF is definite scum. This guy is just acting like his scum moves are whatever when its just a cover up. Please vote GIF.
This conviction is what separates Buckwild for me from last game, but I don't think it's a bad difference. I think it's a difference between Buckwild trying to reaction test people and figure them out and Buckwild being the one who is being reaction tested.
In post 103, goodmorning wrote:I am also leaning Town on DC, though not the biggest fan of his mild buddying attempts on me.
I have a strong meta for townreading people who attack people who are townreading them. As scum, you're less likely to strike out against your supporters and more likely to strike out against your detractors; it's akin to survival instinct. Town, however, very often has thoughts of people cozying up to them in order to buy their support and thus this paranoid flash gives me a slight town read on goodmorning.
In post 147, CrisP wrote::P I did not finish one sentence, too tired:

1. Pinging Nacho is original content and either a good mafia play or standard town, I specifically left Nacho out from my pressure post above to see who would pick up on it and him, because I believe he is a good town ping at the moment, his MO can be described in exactly the same way as JM's after all.
True!
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:01 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

If you read between the lines in that post, good reads that I've picked up on so far is townreads on GiF, ChrisP, goodmorning, jmo, and Buckwild. This leaves the To Sort group as something like Rach, Diamond, Robot. So, I'm going to go through their posts now!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”