NY 167: COMPLETELY NORMAL Mafia (GAME OVER)

Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:48 am

Post by Guyett »

What's your point?
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:51 am

Post by MVP »

In post 450, Guyett wrote:What's your point?
His point is obv "please vig me! I have this big red target behind my back!".

-L. J.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:53 am

Post by MVP »

In post 427, MC Maraca wrote:Hi my name is cabd and I have all sorts of
cool drugs
ffery meta, what were you interested in purchasing today?
The one labelled "Ffery's hydra dependency and passiveness", please.
I know it costs a lot, but hell, I think I can manage it from all that nickels I robbed from TIP.

-L. J.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:57 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 451, MVP wrote:

-L. J.
What if I ended up being vigged and flipped a confirmable town role, such as Mason or Innocent Child or Beloved, who was trying to bait reactions since looking scummy isn't an object for someone who isn't going to end up being lynched anyway?
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:01 am

Post by MVP »

I would just say "meh" and move on, because the reactions you're garnering with what you're doing is so one-sided that it's not even worth analyzing.

-L. J.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:05 am

Post by Guyett »

well who has been reading you as scum?
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:05 am

Post by Guyett »

And sorry if I did fuck up a test you had planned, I'm kinda oblivious to them sometimes.
Doctor Jekyll
Doctor Jekyll
Townie
Doctor Jekyll
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:10 am

Post by Doctor Jekyll »

In post 453, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 451, MVP wrote:

-L. J.
What if I ended up being vigged and flipped a confirmable town role, such as Mason or Innocent Child or Beloved, who was trying to bait reactions since looking scummy isn't an object for someone who isn't going to end up being lynched anyway?
Then you would have only yourself to blame. Because right now you are doing your damnedest to make sure this happens. Not to mention getting run up and having to claim Mason would hardly help your cause. Meanwhile you aren't using your scumhunting ability to help the town.

What on earth could you get out of a reaction test in which you are deliberately scummy? You can't possibly tell me it would be scummy if someone suspected you for this stupid garbage. I know you're a much better player than this because I've seen you do it, so get with the program.

-Hyde
A hydra of Cephtown and Scumrir
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:23 am

I know you're a much better player than this because I've seen you do it, so get with the program.
source :o
Doctor Jekyll
Doctor Jekyll
Townie
Doctor Jekyll
Townie
Townie

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:47 am

Post by Doctor Jekyll »

In post 458, RadiantCowbells wrote:
I know you're a much better player than this because I've seen you do it, so get with the program.
I was actually referring to the time I ran into you on Epicmafia (shortly before I quit). You do know who we are, yes? You were insanely hypertown, though you did fail to scumhunt us ;)

And even your mediocre play in NY165 was way better than this stupidity.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:59 am

I never had a chance to catch up in 165 cuz I was being pressured for the gate and was too busy to reread everything.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:04 am

Post by sangres »

In post 460, RadiantCowbells wrote:I never had a chance to catch up in 165 cuz I was being pressured for the gate and was too busy to reread everything.
This doesn't address his observation about your play in this game at all.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:10 am

Correct.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:10 am

Post by sangres »

In post 452, MVP wrote:
cool drugs
I know it costs a lot, but hell, I think I can manage it from all that nickels I robbed from TIP.

-L. J.
Or you could make some actual effort to sort me.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:13 am

Post by MVP »

Kinda hard to sort when you give me this:
-L. J.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:33 am

Post by sangres »

In post 464, MVP wrote:Kinda hard to sort when you give me this:
-L. J.
I have no idea when Nacho and I will have a chance to discuss this game. I think he wants to see something from JS, and I don't want to telegraph what that something might be.
Doctor Jekyll
Doctor Jekyll
Townie
Doctor Jekyll
Townie
Townie

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Doctor Jekyll »

In post 383, Angry Frat BROs wrote:
In post 119, Doctor Jekyll wrote:As someone who constantly walks into others' plans and reaction tests and ruins them, it does not. See what I did there, maybe?
Why did you post this?
Because it's true?
In post 383, Angry Frat BROs wrote:
In post 124, Doctor Jekyll wrote:Also, lynching TIP is pretty antitown when the hydras will know whether he's scum within five more pages.

Sadly I'm actually townreading this post though.
I got the same gut feel for yesiree, lets talk about it. What felt good about him to you?

And who claimed to be able to read TIP well?

P-edit: hullo ffery. Are we finally on the same team this game?
Mostly I thought those posts were too flagrantly antitown to come from scum. I know I'd be nervous making those posts as scum, and I'd probably end up not posting at all. Naturally this isn't logic I like to use often, but, yeah.
In post 395, sangres wrote:
In post 394, Angry Frat BROs wrote:
In post 393, sangres wrote:Pretty sure I've never played a game with town-you, so
Having not played with me-town before matters, because?

I wasn't trolling, I was opening a dialogue. You are a strong town player, I want you close regardless. What are your thoughts on Cabd? Also tell Nacho to get his ass in here.
It matters because I have a hell of a scum-AP model, and although not fitting a one-sided model well is nice, and actually works sometimes, it's a shaky starting place.

My thoughts on Cabd are that the meta threads he dumped in the game need some explanation or walk-through because it's not obvious to me how they point to Yesseree's game being way off his town meta. However, I do like that he didn't jump to explicate them before I went through them for myself. But, Cabd knows Nacho's onto him regarding too much collaboration in me developing meta reads.

Nacho's laptop was stolen this weekend. I probably won't hear much from him for a few days, but I'll let him know you're thinking of him.
He's said before that he likes to pretend to do meta as scum, so not actually explaining and letting you do the dirty work (while trying to inform your conclusion) doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to me.
In post 401, sangres wrote:
I think scum-Jekyll would be pretty constrained by the presence of both Nacho and me in the game. I'm watching, but not really seeing stuff I associate with his scum game so far.
:( I'm so transparent
In post 407, Angry Frat BROs wrote: What do you associate with Jekyll's scum game? I see its a hydra, havent cared to learn their identity. I see a lot of weak opinions and posts that look nervous from that slot. I didn't like their interactions with MVP at all.
You literally just called me town, so thanks!

~Jekyll
Doctor Jekyll
Doctor Jekyll
Townie
Doctor Jekyll
Townie
Townie

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Doctor Jekyll »

In post 333, likeabauss wrote:I don't like MVP. Weird vibes.

AngryFratBoys is scum.

I hate cats.

Spoiler: FTFY
Please, regale me with your unique perspective on the game and refreshingly town incisiveness.
In post 418, caledfwitch wrote:Sorry I haven't posted, I've never played a large game and its kind of hard to follow. Will try to post something later.
Not only is this an excuse, it's a bad excuse. This game has four more players than a mini. I refuse to believe this makes the difference between you being able to play mafia and being completely lost.

-Hyde

P.S. Probably going to move my vote in a moment...
Doctor Jekyll
Doctor Jekyll
Townie
Doctor Jekyll
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Doctor Jekyll »

I think AFB have a point that the scum aren't posting. I am feeling pretty okay about everyone who's actually here, except Maraca (because I'm pretty confident Cabd can fool me, and I don't like Mara but then I never do) and sangres (not obvtown yet).

~Jekyll
Doctor Jekyll
Doctor Jekyll
Townie
Doctor Jekyll
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:41 am

Post by Doctor Jekyll »

Regardless of your alignment, unless your play changes, I'm going to need you to claim today, because you are being deliberately bad. Start playing some fucking mafia or claim Innocent Child, I don't care which, but if you won't do either you can die.

VOTE: RadiantCowbells

-Hyde
Doctor Jekyll
Doctor Jekyll
Townie
Doctor Jekyll
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:44 am

Post by Doctor Jekyll »

I'm about 100% sure I have mentioned this, but I don't see where: Maraca playing good cop bad cop with me (ha, ha) gives me some for srs flashbacks to Hard Boiled. I would also think that Mara might adjust her opinion having seen our towngame in said game, even if from the wrong perspective.

~Jekyll
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:46 am

Post by sangres »

In post 466, Doctor Jekyll wrote:He's said before that he likes to pretend to do meta as scum, so not actually explaining and letting you do the dirty work (while trying to inform your conclusion) doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to me.
He does. However, in a recent we played he was
town
and I was scum. And he sent me on a wild goose chase through one of Bert's scum games looking for parallels with the game we were playing. The purpose was dual - mostly to make Bert think he was seriously scumreading him rather than setting up a reaction test, but a significant side benefit was getting me to read an irrelevant 100-plus page game purely for the hell of it. And being scum, I went through the motions and looked for the parallels he claimed existed.

Faking meta isn't as alignment indicative as I'd like.

But more to the point, I assumed that was Cabd dumping a bunch of game links into the thread, but it was Mara. And I don't think she's ever played a fake meta game with me.
Doctor Jekyll
Doctor Jekyll
Townie
Doctor Jekyll
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:58 am

Post by Doctor Jekyll »

Dammit Cabd why must you be good at being unreadable.

Re: Mara- hm, okay.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:54 am

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 452, MVP wrote:
cool drugs

-L. J.
The short version is that ffery tends to hide behind her other head in scum hydrae. She'll still post plenty, but she'll let the other head do the heavy lifting and planning. See morph the cat in xenologue mafia and achievement unlocked, where she some posting, but I ran all the strategy and plotting. In her scum hydrae she's less apt to reach out and defend her townreads, as that requires sticking her neck out. In her town hydrae she's not afraid to go it alone, but does try to not mess up anything her other head is attempting to do. If you want more, insert another dime.
In post 457, Doctor Jekyll wrote:
In post 453, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 451, MVP wrote:

-L. J.
Then you would have only yourself to blame. Because right now you are doing your damnedest to make sure this happens. Not to mention getting run up and having to claim Mason would hardly help your cause. Meanwhile you aren't using your scumhunting ability to help the town.

What on earth could you get out of a reaction test in which you are deliberately scummy? You can't possibly tell me it would be scummy if someone suspected you for this stupid garbage. I know you're a much better player than this because I've seen you do it, so get with the program.

-Hyde
+1 This had not be another "OMG imma selfhammer as town doc day one" game, if you're town.
In post 459, Doctor Jekyll wrote:
In post 458, RadiantCowbells wrote:
I was actually referring to the time I ran into you on Epicmafia (shortly before I quit). You do know who we are, yes? You were insanely hypertown, though you did fail to scumhunt us ;)

And even your mediocre play in NY165 was way better than this stupidity.
Ewwwwww scumceph used to play on EM.

In post 463, sangres wrote:
In post 452, MVP wrote:
cool drugs

-L. J.
Or you could make some actual effort to sort me.
But that's no fun. Then they don't get to pay me money.
In post 465, sangres wrote:
In post 464, MVP wrote:Kinda hard to sort when you give me this:
-L. J.
I have no idea when Nacho and I will have a chance to discuss this game. I think he wants to see something from JS, and I don't want to telegraph what that something might be.
^town ffery trying to avoid messing up the absent other head's test.
In post 468, Doctor Jekyll wrote:I think AFB have a point that the scum aren't posting. I am feeling pretty okay about everyone who's actually here, except Maraca (because I'm pretty confident Cabd can fool me, and I don't like Mara but then I never do) and sangres (not obvtown yet).

~Jekyll
I dunno i'd say you know my scumgame, and how to find it, best out of almost anyone here thanks to AMOL (you dead yet guyett?) and hard boiled.
In post 471, sangres wrote:
In post 466, Doctor Jekyll wrote:He's said before that he likes to pretend to do meta as scum, so not actually explaining and letting you do the dirty work (while trying to inform your conclusion) doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to me.
He does. However, in a recent we played he was
town
and I was scum. And he sent me on a wild goose chase through one of Bert's scum games looking for parallels with the game we were playing. The purpose was dual - mostly to make Bert think he was seriously scumreading him rather than setting up a reaction test, but a significant side benefit was getting me to read an irrelevant 100-plus page game purely for the hell of it. And being scum, I went through the motions and looked for the parallels he claimed existed.

Faking meta isn't as alignment indicative as I'd like.

But more to the point, I assumed that was Cabd dumping a bunch of game links into the thread, but it was Mara. And I don't think she's ever played a fake meta game with me.
Hahahahah 10/10 would make you read walls again. In fact hey ffery, I have a game of scum-guyett's you should read.
In post 472, Doctor Jekyll wrote:Dammit Cabd why must you be good at being unreadable.

Re: Mara- hm, okay.
Don't look at me. If people want to put their "omg godly scumplay" blinders on, that's one thing, but I'm really not that hard to figure out.
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:55 am

Post by yessiree »

In post 440, Guyett wrote:
In post 182, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 179, MC Maraca wrote:Anyways, uh, hang on.
MVP wrote:@Maraca: Can I have a link of yessiree's games?
Oooh, oooh, I have a guess as to one of your heads. Hang on.
Town:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=30562 (died night one)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=30411 (lived to endgame)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28783 (slot lynched in MYLO)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=29457 (killed night four)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=28846 (also killed night four)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29212 (lynched day one)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29687 (slot killed night two)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=30255 (lynched day two)

Scum:

None completed

One just finished this morning
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=31061 (replaced out and the slot was eventually taken over by me)
I've been sitting on this for a number of days but obviously could not discuss it
that game is not going on my record because it was basically all you

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”