Mini 1501: We're On A Boat! (END?! results inside)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:59 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

GAH catching up as quick as I can...usually I have more time on weekdays
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:07 pm

Post by pitoli »

One leak will sink a ship; and one sin will destroy a sinner.
~ John Bunyan

VOTE COUNT 2.5

notscience (1):
SpyreX
ChannelDelibird (4):
Garmr, Grimgroove, Plum, fferyllt
Albert B. Rampage (2):
Peabody, notscience
Plum (2):
ChannelDelibird, CrashTextDummie

Not Voting:
Albert B. Rampage

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Time until deadline: (expired on 2013-11-05 00:00:00)

Mod Notes
: I extended the deadline again. Please mind it.
Last edited by pitoli on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:55 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 1221, CrashTextDummie wrote:With a little more than a day until deadline, we should either force a claim out of CDB and go from there or work on a viable counter-wagon. I obviously prefer option b. I don't think an SK wagon
based purely on his flaking
has a lot of legs, but I'm not generally opposed to his lynch if ABR doesn't start putting in effort. I think Plum is more likely to flip scum.

The thing in bold is evidently not true, but I do like your general way of thinking.

I'm very eager to see Plum's reaction to your .
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:00 am

Post by Plum »

In post 1212, CrashTextDummie wrote: She has a pretty dreadful voting record, the only vote of hers that looks half-way legit in context is the D1 Spyrex vote, and I think she held on to it too long for comfort (read: long past its expiration date), which gives me the impression that she lacks pro-activeness. This is well illustrated by what she did with her vote next, which was a very limp move onto Peabody that looked to be motivated more by a desire to change her vote for want of not looking stagnant rather than an actual act of scumhunting.
You're saying I held onto the SpyreX vote too long - even though notscience was on the wagon and we were anticipating two replacements who might well have voted him - and when I did switch it, it was only to look like I was doing anything? It was reasonably clear to me at the point I voted Peabody that the SpyreX wagon had truly died (notscience switched his vote and so forth), yes. Peabody's initial posting seemed like extensive posturing at substance and engagement trying to mask the fact that his points and questions didn't actually probe scumminess and didn't do anything else. I don't know what felt 'limp' to you about my vote on Peabody - that it was a sense of scumminess at his approach to the game that intensified throughout my post and was sprinkled into a catchup post as opposed to a big damn case? Yeah, I wanted to change my vote, in order not to
be
stagnant.
In post 1212, CrashTextDummie wrote:Her vote on Brian was perhaps the worst of the bunch, she spent a good amount of the early going defending his miller-claim and basically ended up voting him for lurking. She did set the groundwork for a turn-around, and it feels distinctively slimy to me:
In post 747, Plum wrote:
In post 627, SleepyKrew wrote:Plum, thoughts on Brian lynch?
Better than YYR/Grimgroove (have skimmed ahead); Brian is somewhat scummier to my reading (esp. given Grimgroove reads Townish to me). May be the best viable option, especially given that the chances of him looking much better and not being a constant is-he-or-isn't-he debate as the game goes on don't seem particularly high, either.
Weak language ("somewhat scummier"), only discusses him in relation to Grimgroove, sets him up as "best viable option" for the weird reason of "he's not likely to improve his game".
The most recent votecount at the time of my vote had substantial wagons only on Brian and YYR/Dorcas (and a two-vote wagon on notscience, not someone I wanted lynched at all). My preferred lynch at the time of responding to that, SpyreX, was certainly going nowhere. From the perspective of looking at the most viable choices, the ones I might have to compromise on as deadline approached, Brian was the best of the lot by a small amount in terms of scumminess (I'd certainly never had the sort of town conviction on him like I had in relation to YYR's intial posting, and Grimgroove's initial round of posting looked good); the game utility of offing him was also relevant to me. I didn't think he was likely to be more generally readable, take up less discussion space hashing and rehashing as an issue, or contribute. This compounded with a read on him that was, in a word, mediocre.

I consider lurking through towards deadline scummy. Especially when a lot of the relevant discussion about options and sorting them out has extreme bearing on the person lurking. It is highly anti-Town and I've seen scum do it tactically. I had no desire to see Brian let off as we floundered
because
his inactivity when he clearly had site access kept us floundering. My vote, at that point, was based on conviction, not merely compromise.
In post 1212, CrashTextDummie wrote:Empire interactions look plausibly buddy-ish. Some snide remarks in his direction, but seemingly not a lot of interest in his slot. She ends up "leaning town a bit" on him.
I was wrong, but fair enough from an observational perspective.
In post 1212, CrashTextDummie wrote:Her pushes today simply don't look town motivated to me. I asked her earlier what about the CDB-Empire interaction she considered scummy, and I found her answer to be lacking. I get the impression that went into her day-opening analysis wanting to present 3 viable buddies, rather than having developed three legitimate suspicions. In this context, I find her vote switch to CDB opportunistic. I maintain that the CDB wagon is bad and she is the worst offender.
The three weren't my only possible suspicions, just people who stuck out as plausible enough buddies to focus on and certainly to note down as worthy of attention for that if nothing else. There are a couple I haven't had time to parse further.

CDB's reaction to fferylt and Grimgroove's questioning about his fferylt suspicions spiralled quickly into CDB almost desperately insisting that there was no benefit to him doing such a thing as scum and then further insisting that he'd asked similar questions (to the 'what's the scum motivation') as Town. That is obfuscating the matter and trying to furnish proof out of it that he's Town. Not interested.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:47 am

Post by SpyreX »

We have little over a day. With what is possible right now I'm not even a little convinced about CDB and my crusade isn't getting traction for now.

Unvote, Vote: Plum.

Consolidate and fight.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:50 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 1178, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 1173, SpyreX wrote:I dont know what it is about this game, but there's still not any bite. I don't like the CDB Wagon, at all.
Please specify who or what you don't like about it.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:02 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1229, SpyreX wrote:We have little over a day. With what is possible right now I'm not even a little convinced about CDB and my crusade isn't getting traction for now.

Consolidate and fight.
I feel like I'm being dense and asking the same questions. I just don't get your CDB read. "not even a little convinced". Does this mean you're strongly townreading him? If so, what's the basis?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:09 am

Post by Grimgroove »

VOTE: Albert B. Rampage

He's using his replacement-status as a means of getting through this day.
His predecessor had plenty of time and opportunity to respond to my questions, it's not something that would have taken more time than the time used posting prod dodges and fluff. SleepyKrew also promised content one day and didn't deliver. At the time of making the promise we can be certain he had the time, or at least some time. He did not use it at all.

And now look at Albert's ISO.
Asking for summaries to Garmr and ferryllt: does nothing with them, no interaction with the people providing the summaries, no thoughts on them.
Forumlates a plan (a reasonable one) on how to go about his catch-up: read the end of D1 and read D2. This is not a big reading assignment, but we have yet to see anything concrete coming out of this exercise.
The only thing he's got: scumread on me and Peabody. Coincidentally the two pushing for SleepyKrew's lynch the hardest. No reasons provided.
Formulates another plan for catching-up: Reading through Empire's interactions. No results to be seen from that exercise either.
Asks for the case on CDB. If he had read Day 2 like he said he would, he wouldn't have to ask for this case.
Last message is yet again one where he claims to be catching up. This time no plan of action is formulated.

He's coasting his way until Day 3 and I want a claim at the very least, and ideally a lynch.

This slot has been occupied by three people and I haven't liked any of them as town.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:15 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I think Plum at the very least deserves another day to live. Her last reply was sound, calm and checks out as far as I can see.

CDB, not sold on him being town at all, the arguments still stand and Plum summarized it perfectly. But given both Spyrex (was on the mark with regards to Empire) and CTD (one of my strongest townreads) are not sold on the idea, I'm willing to discuss this with them further during the next day.

Albert B. Rampage is a good compromise wagon at the end of a day where there has been close to zero-activity. More pressure, make him claim asap, and we'll see where we get from there.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:29 am

Post by Plum »

Ehhhh, Grimgroove, have you actually looked at what ABR's most recent posts on site are?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:51 am

Post by Grimgroove »

No.
Care to fill me in?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:54 am

Post by Plum »

All his most recent posts on the site have been in this game.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:57 am

Post by Grimgroove »

And this changes anything how?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:18 am

Post by Plum »

Not sure how you can say with much conviction that ABR's level of activity is deliberate.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:26 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Read 1232, read his ISO, and you can see how.

The fact his activity is constricted to this topic alone is entirely irrelevant.

It is not just the level of his activity, it's also the nature of said activity.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:59 am

Post by notscience »

Choo choo on abr plox
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:20 am

Post by Peabody »

Hi. I got prodded. Don't worry I'll post before deadline.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:30 am

Post by Peabody »

I'm okay with SK or CDB.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:31 am

Post by fferyllt »

Sigh.

CDB, AbR it would be great to hear more about why you shouldn't be lynched and who should be lynched instead before the clock winds down.

Idic
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:26 am

I post during the day, and something unforeseen happened at work. I won't be able to post much before deadline except to change my vote.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:30 am

Unvote, vote Plum
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:28 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1231, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1229, SpyreX wrote:We have little over a day. With what is possible right now I'm not even a little convinced about CDB and my crusade isn't getting traction for now.

Consolidate and fight.
I feel like I'm being dense and asking the same questions. I just don't get your CDB read. "not even a little convinced". Does this mean you're strongly townreading him? If so, what's the basis?
I'm probably going to sheep you without these answers, but I'd really like to understand your reasoning for CDB-town. He's pinged pretty hard for me.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:28 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1245, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Unvote, vote Plum
Time permitting, I'd really like to see some reasoning.

Idic
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:09 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Fuck. I'm so sorry. This isn't fair, I'm not going to have enough time over the next few days to catch up with this. Particularly sorry to CTD 'cause at least I've completed games with some of the others here.

Mod:
Huge apologies. It's best if I request replacement. Sorry for not manning up and recognising as much sooner.
#greenshirtthursdays
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 1245, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Unvote, vote Plum
Not moving my vote to Plum, due to the above. That vote is terrible.

Why is it so difficult to get this slot lynched?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”