Mini 1501: We're On A Boat! (END?! results inside)

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:53 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I'm back from V/LA and now going to get caught up/go back over Day 1. A scumflip is exactly what the doctor ordered; I'll get my teeth into this one.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:13 am

OK, I've gone over the whole game focusing on Empire and people discussing Empire. It's left me with a few strengthened townreads and some seriously confused scum suspects.

Town: Grimgroove (more a general read than Empire-focused as I'd largely not had a chance to read him at all before now), Spyrex, notscience, Garmr, CTD, Skrew
Of those, I'm most confident of the first four.

I am left with confusion about ffery, Plum and Peabody.

The important posts:

This vote from Kaze feels like it's a reasonably safe time to vote an underperforming buddy. I'm not sure that Kaze would be the kind of scum to jump on a partner-led bus early, so I am inclined to think Peabody-ffery is an unlikely team.

Posts that throw red flags for Peabody from me include this, this, this, this and this. BUT this and this kind of go some way toward making them being buddies less likely. And this feels like it should be informative somehow but I just don't know whether we can derive anything from it at all. Overall, I have rather too many scumpings on Peabody for me to be able to just ignore but particularly Kaze's stronger push on Empire makes me really unsure.

Ffery seems like she
should
be a townread. I've already mentioned getting one on her before, and I think I'm still happy with the reason on that one. Reading back, I initially wondered about this; I can see it both ways as either genuinely town trying to force another player into action/go with a hunch, or alternatively as scum trying to nudge a buddy into doing more. It's probably null but it did make me start looking at ffery more intently than some others as I read through and there are some confusing leans.

This seems like an odd time/reason to unvote Maestro. This from Empire, in a larger post that should be crucial but that I find frustratingly impenetrable, at least doesn't seem to make a ffery partnership less likely. Again, I could see this going either way but I thiiiiiink I lean slightly scummish on it. But then you get this and it's getting to a point where she's been pushing Empire for such a long time that it's hard not to think it's townish. But then this happens and I wonder again, although I thiiiiink it's consistent with fferytown as well. Overall, I am confused but I am willing to chalk enough of it up to paranoia and look at some general towniness and say this isn't the place to go today.

Plum, then. Around this time, she seems to be largely ignoring Maestro but includes him in a pretty passive list of basically 'people who can die, I guess', which I think is more likely to come from a buddy than not. I find her vote on Grimgroove a bit weird, as he looks fairly solidly town due to sheer volume of input and heart, and there are also a couple of other posts which I noted down though are mostly seen through confirmation bias, I suspect. Of everything, she seems like the vote I can least argue with at the moment.

VOTE: Plum

If anyone wants to ask me stuff/point me to anything I missed, this is a good time. I've got my head further into the game than I have before and would like to capitalise it in a slightly less rambling way than this large post. Hit me.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:16 am

Dammit, thought I'd caught all those quote fails.
#greenshirtthursdays
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:02 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

In post 1051, ChannelDelibird wrote:If anyone wants to ask me stuff/point me to anything I missed, this is a good time. I've got my head further into the game than I have before and would like to capitalise it in a slightly less rambling way than this large post. Hit me.
Why is notscience a town read?
Any thought on wagon composition at the end of yesterday?
Any thought on the LolWagons kill?
Your Ffery read doesn't exactly look like a scum read, and it's implied that you're not very confident in your CTD/SK reads. How does your suspicion of the former rank against your read on the latter two?
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:24 pm

In post 1053, CrashTextDummie wrote:Why is notscience a town read?
For reasons mentioned yesterday but also this and the timing of this. Neighbourhood also leans town.
Any thought on wagon composition at the end of yesterday?
Doesn't seem particularly interesting. Ffery's assertion that the Empire wagon was all town is not exactly pushing the boat out from her POV. Grimgroove and Garmr, those most obviously not voting for a bigger wagon at the end of the day, seem town enough for other reasons and I can't speak to timezones so not particularly seeing it as significant.
Any thought on the LolWagons kill?
Given Empire's flip, it looks like a fairly standard kill-off-the-guy-nobody's-really-scumreading-who-has-his-teeth-into-one-of-us affair.
Your Ffery read doesn't exactly look like a scum read, and it's implied that you're not very confident in your CTD/SK reads. How does your suspicion of the former rank against your read on the latter two?
My ffery conclusion doesn't end up like a proper scumread but it was one of the ones I agonised most over as I went over. This was one of the first major interactions with Maestro/Empire of any kind from any player and so, in trying to read from an Empire-centric POV, I gave it quite a lot of thought and decided that I could see it either way. Though that means it's null, that possibility of it being a scumbuddy-nudge affected how I read ffery through the rest of a thread, given that she was a previous townread that I was now asking myself from very early on whether I should doubt.

I find her scummier than CTD/SK, due to posts highlighted. I find you fairly difficult to read but tentatively think that this suggests that you are not an Empire buddy. I have had a stronger townread on Skrew before but someone had a throwaway post somewhere about him enthusiastically resisting the Maestro wagon Yesterday which made me think "perhaps I should be more paranoid", though I don't think I'm interested in going in that direction Today at the very least.
#greenshirtthursdays
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Post by pitoli »

At sea a fellow comes out in his true form. Salt water is like wine in that respect.
~ Herman Melville

VOTE COUNT 2.1

Grimgroove (1):
Plum
notscience (2):
SpyreX, CrashTextDummie
SleepyKrew (3):
notscience, Peabody, Grimgroove
Plum (1):
ChannelDelibird

Not Voting:
fferyllt, Garmr, SleepyKrew

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Time until deadline: (expired on 2013-11-03 00:00:00)

Mod Notes
: No prods to be given? You guys are awesome!
Last edited by pitoli on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by Plum »

In post 1032, fferyllt wrote:One thing that jumps to mind is Plum's response to my concerns about Empire and misgivings about the Brian wagon as mere meta cases or some such.
I don't recall responding specifically to any of your misgivings about the Brian wagon. The weight of your concerns about Empire towards the end of the Day seemed to focus on your previous experience of him in a game where you were scum and he was scary-to-you Town and much more proactive/aggressive than he'd been playing; the way you brought it up was both in line with similar lines of inquiry from you throughout the Day and naturally prompted in the course of analysis on your part. But the disagreement about what actually went down in the game you cited seemed natural on both sides; I felt that Town or scum, Empire genuinely remembered the game that way (and you also genuinely remembered the game that way) and furthermore that I had no strong feeling that either he was lying or that the example went exactly as you said rather than fall somewhere in the middle of the he-said-she-said.
In post 1041, notscience wrote:
In post 1038, Peabody wrote:Garmr's post looks like a 'congratulating the doctor' tell.
This was exactly my thought process
Meh, I've been tempted to post things that would trip that so-called tell as both Town and scum, and personally refrained as all alignments because of the way it's perceived. I feel it's reflective of Garmr's odd filter more than anything.
In post 1042, CrashTextDummie wrote:
In post 1031, Plum wrote:Empire on CDB and CDB on Maestro/Empire
What about this interaction makes you think they're scum buddies?
CDB was under mild potential pressure throughout the Day; Empire repeatedly expressed mild suspicion of him a couple of times and said that he'd check up on him to try to get a read on him, but never got around to it. CDB called Empire 'promising' but also didn't touch him and remained on Brian all Day (lurking through deadline didn't help my general opinion of him, either - his IRL busyness is plausible, but dude didn't even mention that he'd be missing deadline?).
In post 1044, Grimgroove wrote:I don't have much else to add at this point, apart from the fact that Plum's effort in 1031 rings town to me, though I'd like to hear more about her pre-selection process when lifiting out those three.
Working on the assumption that the Emp wagon was all Town; I think it's a worthwhile assumption. The Kaze/Peabody slot is obviously not scum with Empire if you read the interactions and votecounts. I'd guess that the chances that Empire put no scumbuddies outside of Town on his initial reads post is fairly low, leading to strong scrutiny of the YYR/Grimgroove slot (listed as scum, but never pursued) and CDB (listed as null and occasionally poked at thereafter but also never pursued; both could have been pushed yesterday but didn't end up wagoned, and Empire also refrained from pushing them. CTD stood out for being mildly antagonistic towards the Maestro wagon and trying to get votes off it. It was neither as prominent a position as SK's not as inquisitve; it was basically just 'don't vote Maestro; I empathize with you guys but you should vote somewhere else'. That seems a more likely scummy position to me than SK's, though I do mean to look at that more - maybe later tonight, maybe tomorrow. CTD was minimally discussed by Empire yesterday (though he also was minimally pressured); not indicative of very much, but doesn't give any pause to my feelings about how CTD related to the Maestro wagon.
In post 1051, ChannelDelibird wrote:Plum, then. Around this time, she seems to be largely ignoring Maestro but includes him in a pretty passive list of basically 'people who can die, I guess', which I think is more likely to come from a buddy than not. I find her vote on Grimgroove a bit weird, as he looks fairly solidly town due to sheer volume of input and heart, and there are also a couple of other posts which I noted down though are mostly seen through confirmation bias, I suspect. Of everything, she seems like the vote I can least argue with at the moment.
See above for my expanded feelings about Grimgroove; I see you have a read on him independent of his relationship with Empire; mine is rooted substantially in it. You yourself commented none on the Maestro wagon at all until after the fact and didn't do anything much to read Empire after he replaced in.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1051, ChannelDelibird wrote:Ffery seems like she
should
be a townread. I've already mentioned getting one on her before, and I think I'm still happy with the reason on that one. Reading back, I initially wondered about this; I can see it both ways as either genuinely town trying to force another player into action/go with a hunch, or alternatively as scum trying to nudge a buddy into doing more. It's probably null but it did make me start looking at ffery more intently than some others as I read through and there are some confusing leans.

This seems like an odd time/reason to unvote Maestro. This from Empire, in a larger post that should be crucial but that I find frustratingly impenetrable, at least doesn't seem to make a ffery partnership less likely. Again, I could see this going either way but I thiiiiiink I lean slightly scummish on it. But then you get this and it's getting to a point where she's been pushing Empire for such a long time that it's hard not to think it's townish. But then this happens and I wonder again, although I thiiiiink it's consistent with fferytown as well. Overall, I am confused but I am willing to chalk enough of it up to paranoia and look at some general towniness and say this isn't the place to go today.
That's probably the worst case for maybe-scum-me I've ever seen advanced. You thiiiiiink my Maestro vote was me trying to nudge Maestro into doing more. If so, why wouldn't I have taken SK's invitation to do something more useful with my vote once I'd made my nudge? You thiiiink my FoSing Empire for not initiating interactions was slightly scummish. What's your rationale? Was I coaching him? Me?

I unvoted him while I went back through a game I played where he hydra'd to see if I was all that mistaken about which posts were his vs Tierce's. After confirming that my recollection wasn't so bad, I put my vote back down. And while you think that kind of caution about my vote is consistent with my town game, you're still kinda hmm?

Where did you learn what is consistent with fferytown? What games did you meta?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1042, CrashTextDummie wrote:
In post 1033, SpyreX wrote:CTD (shock) was the vote that pushed Brian ahead.
Ayup. I regret holding off on committing to an Empire read, but I can't really feel bad about pushing the Brian wagon towards the edge.
I'm not ever going to like what you did there. But, there's a reason why I chose my sig.
In post 1017, fferyllt wrote:I have a feeling the empire wagon was pure town. Maybe 1 more scum on the Brian Skies wagon?
Do you have a scum read on Grimgroove or Garmr?
I thought Grimgroove seemed uber-town as he replaced in, but I thought YYR was scummy enough to vote. I want more time for that read to develop. Garmr, I dunno. He's a fairly new player and his approach to the game has some new-to-mafia features and some features that just seem idiosyncratic. I am reconsidering him. I'm more concerned about CDB and to a lesser extent, SK.

Not really interested in people off the wagon. Grimgroove defended himself well enough against my accusations and I have trouble seeing him tooting a scum buddy's horn like he did Empire's at the end of yesterday. On the Brian wagon, I think CDB and Peabody are likely town. In the context of his ISO, notscience's vote looks most suspect to me.

vote: notscience
Why do you have CDB as town?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:04 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1033, SpyreX wrote:@Garmr:

Read again. Both kills were shots. Empire had the knives, etc.

Spoiler: Wagons
Grimgroove: CrashTextDummie, Notscience
notscience: Garmr
Empire
: SpyreX, fferyllt
ChannelDelibird:
Brian Skies
lolwagons

CrashTextDummie: Grimgroove
lolwagons
: Peabody
Brian Skies
: ChannelDelibird, SleepyKrew, Plum

Grimgroove: Notscience
Empire
: SpyreX, fferyllt,
lolwagons

SleepyKrew:
Brian Skies
, Grimgroove
ChannelDelibird: Peabody
Brian Skies
: ChannelDelibird, SleepyKrew, Plum, CrashTextDummie

Empire
: SpyreX,
lolwagons
Brian Skies
, fferyllt
SleepyKrew: Grimgroove
ChannelDelibird: Peabody
Brian Skies
: ChannelDelibird, SleepyKrew, Plum, CrashTextDummie,
Empire
, Notscience

Empire
: SpyreX,
lolwagons
Brian Skies
, fferyllt
SleepyKrew: Grimgroove
:!:
Brian Skies
(L-0): ChannelDelibird, SleepyKrew, Plum, CrashTextDummie,
Empire
, Notscience, Peabody

CTD (shock) was the vote that pushed Brian ahead.
The second Brian voted for SK someone should have noticed. Plum saying its a barrel of WIFOM hurts the brainmeat.
Peabody's throwaway vote is very, very bad. He avoided it entirely.
NS's vote was the one that really cemented the momentum.

Empires wagon was all town. Scum swung at least one other vote on that one taking it, especially with it being a roleblocker AND them knowing brian was actually a miller putting a big ol "THAR BE COPS" in the setup spec. That one would be committed to.

I'm not stoked about SK's pushing but I've still got warm there.
Peabodies vote there doesn't bother me AS much.

Unvote, Vote: NS

This one is the one that really sets me off.

CTD and Plum are close.
Is your notsci vote informed by neighborhood interactions? Is it mostly about the bandwagon analysis?

Idic
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Bandwagon analysis and 0 last night doesn't help it much.

I need to reread cdbs post when I'm more awake. Still working 16 hours going strong wooooo
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:08 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Not a lot of time right now, but I'm suddenly being townread by quite a few people and I'm not sure that's sitting very well with me.
Especially ChannelDeliBird suddenly considering me his strongest townread seems quite out there. MAybe afte rthe Empire-debacle scum thinks me to be easily swooned and manipulated, but free townreads like that just feel like buddying. No matter how much enthousiasm I show and how much heart I put into it ("sheer volume and heart"), those are not clear-cut towntells and I find it odd you use these as your arguments to call me your top townread.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:24 pm

In post 1056, Plum wrote:You yourself commented none on the Maestro wagon at all until after the fact
No, but unlike you I wasn't there at the time - unless you're accusing me of strategically being busy sitewide - but I didn't ignore it when I got back, as Skrew and I discussed it in relation to Kaze at least.
and didn't do anything much to read Empire after he replaced in.
You're right. I find him tough to read and it was easier to focus elsewhere with the time that I had.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:33 pm

In post 1057, fferyllt wrote:You thiiiiiink my Maestro vote was me trying to nudge Maestro into doing more. If so, why wouldn't I have taken SK's invitation to do something more useful with my vote once I'd made my nudge?
I don't think that's as certain a scum consequence as you're implying here. Plenty of people would hold onto such a vote under a bit of pressure to make a point or appear convinced or whatever.
You thiiiink my FoSing Empire for not initiating interactions was slightly scummish. What's your rationale? Was I coaching him? Me?
Coaching him, per se? No, unlikely, but as scum I find that there are things I have to call out my partners on because I would have spotted them as town. Seeing as you seem to know Empire well, it would make sense that you'd feel obliged to draw attention to something. As I said later in the relevant paragraph, however, the strength and continuousness with which you banged this drum kind of has to add up to you being more likely town than scum - but this is a post that, along the way, put doubt in my mind.
I unvoted him while I went back through a game I played where he hydra'd to see if I was all that mistaken about which posts were his vs Tierce's. After confirming that my recollection wasn't so bad, I put my vote back down. And while you think that kind of caution about my vote is consistent with my town game, you're still kinda hmm?
As I thought was obvious from the 'this, this and this' nature of my catchup post, I was going through as I went and noted down what felt weird. At the time of that post, I didn't see the later vote back on. You didn't explain that this was what you were doing initially, either. I think it was reasonable to note it down as odd.
When I said "consistent with fferytown" it was not supposed to mean "consistent with ffery's history of being town" (though I apologise for the unclear wording, your interpretation would normally be how I read it too), just "consistent with ffery being town here" in the context of one game. I have very little meta of you from which to draw and am mostly just going on what we see in this thread.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:36 pm

In post 1061, Grimgroove wrote:Especially ChannelDeliBird suddenly considering me his strongest townread seems quite out there.
Believe it or not, that isn't a "towniest to scummiest" list of my townreads up there. I just wrote out all six of the people in the order that the names came to me and the least certain ones came out last. If it makes you feel better, you're probably my fourth strongest townread.
No matter how much enthousiasm I show and how much heart I put into it ("sheer volume and heart"), those are not clear-cut towntells and I find it odd you use these as your arguments
Just to make it clear why that sort of thing works for me:
In post 706, ChannelDelibird wrote:which does the job of answering the question to myself of "would I be OK to lynch notscience today?".
#greenshirtthursdays
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:37 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

In post 1056, Plum wrote:CTD stood out for being mildly antagonistic towards the Maestro wagon and trying to get votes off it. It was neither as prominent a position as SK's not as inquisitve; it was basically just 'don't vote Maestro; I empathize with you guys but you should vote somewhere else'. That seems a more likely scummy position to me than SK's, though I do mean to look at that more - maybe later tonight, maybe tomorrow. CTD was minimally discussed by Empire yesterday (though he also was minimally pressured); not indicative of very much, but doesn't give any pause to my feelings about how CTD related to the Maestro wagon.
If you think I was only mildly antagonistic towards the Maestro wagon, maybe I should have made myself clearer. I thought it was a total waste of time. People are garnering town reads for participating (most recently notscience from CDB), which I don't get at all. There's no safer way to vote a scumbuddy than in a situation like this, because these wagons never lead anywhere. I stand by my opinion that Maestro's lack of posting and subsequent replacing out was not alignment indicative.

I did not oppose the Empire wagon, and on that I definitely should have made myself clearer. I lacked the confidence to vote him over Brian and thought I'd have the time to elaborate on this before the deadline hit. I can understand if this part of my play were to be scrutinized. But for you to criticize me for taking a stance against a pure lurker wagon on someone who happened to be scum when you had not a word to say about him yourself strikes me as more than a little hypocritical.
In post 1058, fferyllt wrote:Why do you have CDB as town?
I've danced this dance with CDB many, many times and I think I have a pretty good grasp on his play. The sporadic posting is par for the course for him, but when he did show up to play in this game, he showed an inquisitiveness and a penchant for scum-hunting that I find uncharacteristic for scum-CDB. He's comfortable being perpetually behind as scum, I've seen him lurk through entire games (more prolific than this one) as scum without ever making an effort. Here I think he is trying to pull his weight, and that translates to him probably being town.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:36 am

Post by Garmr »

Well looking at the past day I decided to throw away all my reads and reread it all again. I do not include meta in any of my reads because I don't know anyone's meta. Also I am starting to think kaze/peabody was town due to fferylt case and my new scum suspects view of them. Ns is still shifty through.

Looking back I think CDB was most likely to be scum. He stayed well clear of the empire wagon and didn't really talk about it and when some asked him in post 455 I believe it was fence sitting. I know I know I thought empire was town as well but i was to busy tunneling kaze and peabody jumping to the conclusion they were a scum team. CDB seemed to push hard on the Brian wagon I believe this wagon was to stop any empire wagon from building up.

I didn't think much of it at the time but
In post 511, ChannelDelibird wrote:If Brian flips scum, we get to see how partners reacted to his miller claim. In that instance, I think Kaze broadly avoiding taking a stance on it, as observed by Spyrex a couple of pages ago, might be useful as a buddy indicator.
In post 512, Garmr wrote:I get what your saying now and you do have a point. But there's a chance that Brian flips town and kaze in my eyes will still be scum. Wouldn't it be better to vig Brian if we have one?
In post 513, ChannelDelibird wrote:I'm not saying Kaze can't be scum if Brian's town, just that I think we get a more informed decision if we lynch Brian before we decide what to do with Kaze. And, er, no, I'd rather lynch a scumread immediately than leave them to be dealt with by a hypothetical vig.
As I had Brian as a null at the time I wanted to lynch my scum over the miller and let the Vig deal with it latter which I thought would happen around night 2 since I think most people viewed brian as a null read just like me.
In post 685, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 607, Empire wrote:
In post 511, ChannelDelibird wrote:If Brian flips scum, we get to see how partners reacted to his miller claim. In that instance, I think Kaze broadly avoiding taking a stance on it, as observed by Spyrex a couple of pages ago, might be useful as a buddy indicator.
Do you really think that's a thing? I think buddies of a scummillerfakeclaim would be more inclined to at least say something about it rather than avoid it altogether (it's probably a bit of really pretentious half baked theory,
but I'm thinking pregame deliberated actions like that would compel scum to say something because it gives them an easy way to enter the gam
e).
Depends whether or not it was premeditated - I dunno if the scum got a chance to discuss it among themselves before gamestart. But, yes, I do think it's a thing.
This response to empire makes me curious. This was obviously a
empire scum slip
which Everyone seemed to miss except CDB he corrected empire on it in a way that covers it up. Empire responds with this.
In post 853, Empire wrote:In post 685, ChannelDelibird wrote:
Depends whether or not it was premeditated - I dunno if the scum got a chance to discuss it among themselves before gamestart. But, yes, I do think it's a thing.

Yeah but do you really think Brian's the kind of player to take the initiative / matters into his own hands on a risky gambit like that? Dude's a fairly new player so I doubt he'd just go off and fakeclaim miller as scum without consulting his buddies. If they didn't show up, I doubt he'd have done it. So basically, what I'm trying to say is I think your idea sounds good as a matter of general principle but I think ignores a lot of the particulars.

---

I was kinda getting the urge to vote CDB because a lot of his reasoning for townreading / suspecting notscience and Peabody in particular seemed really fake but the self deprecation bits in posts like #689 sound genuine and I'm fairly sure I've seen him be apathetic like this as town before but I'd need to double check (also minor thing, but I liked that he felt the need to continue posting during his sleeping hours as I don't really think he'd give anywhere near as much of a shit as scum).
This is the post empire acknowledges CDB responce to his scum slip up. Then he tries to cover it up even more and with the last paragraph he leaves hints for CBD to not go for Peabody and NS but to keep focused on Brian. Also to make sure he doesn't have to place a vote on CBD and keep in the town section he places a half assed reason why CBD is town.

VOTE: ChannelDelibird
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:36 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

So I'm just going to keep prod dodging until I reread yesterday (and do that damn Peabody meta), which might take a few real life days. I'll try to also keep up with the current happenings in the thread in case there's stuff for me to address.
To be clear: quack
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:55 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1063, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 1057, fferyllt wrote:You thiiiiiink my Maestro vote was me trying to nudge Maestro into doing more. If so, why wouldn't I have taken SK's invitation to do something more useful with my vote once I'd made my nudge?
I don't think that's as certain a scum consequence as you're implying here. Plenty of people would hold onto such a vote under a bit of pressure to make a point or appear convinced or whatever.
You thiiiink my FoSing Empire for not initiating interactions was slightly scummish. What's your rationale? Was I coaching him? Me?
Coaching him, per se? No, unlikely, but as scum I find that there are things I have to call out my partners on because I would have spotted them as town. Seeing as you seem to know Empire well, it would make sense that you'd feel obliged to draw attention to something. As I said later in the relevant paragraph, however, the strength and continuousness with which you banged this drum kind of has to add up to you being more likely town than scum - but this is a post that, along the way, put doubt in my mind.
I seem to know him well? As I indicated, I've played one game with him. I pushed him because his play here didn't seem much like the prior game. And the longer the day went with no content that looked like what I'd seen of his town play in that one game, the more concerned I became.

If we had been scum partners it would be the same base situation as far as my familiarity with him, and I'd consider myself very much a junior partner in a scum team with him. I wouldn't be drawing attention to his play at all. I have no idea where this model of how I'd play as scum comes from, but it's not based on available data about how I play as scum at this point in my development as a player.
As I thought was obvious from the 'this, this and this' nature of my catchup post, I was going through as I went and noted down what felt weird. At the time of that post, I didn't see the later vote back on. You didn't explain that this was what you were doing initially, either. I think it was reasonable to note it down as odd.
Your paragraphs look like a narrative. I think it's the narrative-spinning that is pinging so hard for me.

I didn't explain what I was doing until later because I wanted to gauge reactions from players who were active and watching the thread at that time. I didn't get as much reaction as I would have liked.
When I said "consistent with fferytown" it was not supposed to mean "consistent with ffery's history of being town" (though I apologise for the unclear wording, your interpretation would normally be how I read it too), just "consistent with ffery being town here" in the context of one game. I have very little meta of you from which to draw and am mostly just going on what we see in this thread.
[/quote]

Ok.

Idic
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:25 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I can't say I like CDB's case on fferyllt. First it was such a bold thing to do to scrutinize someone who's considered obvtown by most, bold as in townish. But looking at the case, I don't actually see much of a case. The little he presents also comes with such an apologetic tone he seems to realize himself his arguments don't hold much water. I like Garmr's .

Let's get this wagon rolling.

VOTE: ChannelDeliBird

But let's not forget about SleepyKrew. The man can't be allowed to prod his way out of our attention field.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:32 am

Post by fferyllt »

NotSci, I take it you didn't post in your neighborhood QT last night. Why not?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:57 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1065, CrashTextDummie wrote:
In post 1058, fferyllt wrote:Why do you have CDB as town?
I've danced this dance with CDB many, many times and I think I have a pretty good grasp on his play. The sporadic posting is par for the course for him, but when he did show up to play in this game, he showed an inquisitiveness and a penchant for scum-hunting that I find uncharacteristic for scum-CDB. He's comfortable being perpetually behind as scum, I've seen him lurk through entire games (more prolific than this one) as scum without ever making an effort. Here I think he is trying to pull his weight, and that translates to him probably being town.
Can you suggest some games where you feel CDB's play was similar to this one and he was town?

Idic
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:25 am

On my phone so can't post much but, Grimgroove, ffery, what do you think was the scum motivation for presenting my thoughts on ffery as I did?
#greenshirtthursdays
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:33 am

Post by notscience »

I did. He asked of he should talk ir not wastr his time. I said I was still rereading, then it closed.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:38 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1072, ChannelDelibird wrote:On my phone so can't post much but, Grimgroove, ffery, what do you think was the scum motivation for presenting my thoughts on ffery as I did?
I'm not sure. I had you as possible scum on day 1, though, and I'm not seeing town motivation in your thoughts on me either.

Idic

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”