Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:05 pm

Post by Amb »

The no night deaths means the person I protected is probably not mafia. This presumes no SK, and also no other docs (unlikely) and no roleblockers (50/50) which could also account for the dawn as we know it. I want to know if I should reveal my target or not.

I cannot, obviously, prove my claim etc, so I do expect that being lynched is the most appropriate play. In the hopes that you think otherwise, I shall...

Vote DeanWinchester

Two reasons:
1: I think he is scum. See yesterdays arguments.
2: I won't vote myself except in a role where suicide is mandatory (See any GL game modded by Ctorj)

In other news, I am going to be away for 3 days or so. I wont be posting unless I have time to come back to my PC (Unlikely, but not impossible). If the lynch does swing my way, give me time to reveal my target so that the info can be used later. I changed my mind several times on who to pick, and clearly settled on the right one. I will only reveal it if the general consensus is that I should.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:08 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

StallingChamp wrote:Would it be possible to let us know the normal name for DoS's role? I can assume he is Mafia, but knowing if he is a GF or something would be nice...
If I didn't use the word 'Godfather' in the lynch post, he's not a Godfather.
#greenshirtthursdays
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:09 pm

Post by Amb »

Incidentally in the last vote count of yesterday I had two votes. Just in case that isn't a mod mistake, I have no knowledge of any such thing.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:16 pm

Post by Amb »

NM - CDB has fixed it
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:41 am

Post by StallingChamp »

Amb, in my opinion, reveal it when either you or they are at Lynch -1, whichever comes first.

The problem I have with this is that I'm not sure why the scum would pass up to shoot a (most-likely) unprotected Doc...
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:33 am

Post by DeanWinchester »

The chance to take out the doc seems far too tempting to not make a go at it. And if Amb self protected, which I dont think he would be able to do, He would of simply told us. However if amb is mafia, that would be a reason for the mafia not to use there night kill. I believe the only poeple that voted against me yesterday was amb and DoS. I still don't get why you protected DoS so much? I was one of the poeple most vocal for his lynch, he comes up scum, and you want to come after me right out of the gate for day 2? You looked scumie yesterday and you still look like scum today.

The fact that mafia didn't make a go at you makes me really uneasy.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:49 pm

Post by Glork »

I find it reasonable to believe that the Mafia tried to kill me last night, so I'm going to go ahead and finish claiming.

I am
Morgan Spurlock, Survivor
. I am not stricktly pro-town, but I am not scum. My
sole
win condition is to be alive when the game ends. For those of you who don't know, Spurlock is the guy who filmed the movie Super-Size me, so I have a brief spat of flavor about how I'm eating nothing but McDonald's for a month, etc., etc.

If you'll notice, I hinted to a Survivor role several times: Post 15, Post 57, and Post 129. I also made a big deal about whether players have names or not, and mentioned that I might be the only player with one. I also said that I was sure I was unique in at least one major aspect with regards to roles (that being, of course, that I am NEUTRAL).

I considered claiming right at the start of the day, but that's always iffy. Scum and sometimes townies will want Survivors lynched (scum to get a "mislynch," and townies to lynch a "non pro-town player"). I decided that the better route was to hint heavily D1 and see if the scums took a hint.

The other part of my plan for this game was to try to find a scumbag D1 to demonstrate to the town that I'm not going to sit around and be a completely useless player. I will not behave in such a way to become a major threat to the scums, because they will have to kill me if they think I'm jeopardizing their chances of winning. However, now that I've pretty much delivered you folks a scumbag (with some serious backing from SC <3), I think I've proven that I don't plan on screwing you over.

I will still read the game, and I will still participate and provide insight when applicable. However, as my condition is to survive, that is my primary focus. Everything I've said has been in the best interests of the town and, unless I fear for my life, everything that I say in the future will also be in the best interests of the town.

Make of that what you will. But whatever you do, just don't kill me.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:50 pm

Post by Glork »

Amb, can/could you self-protect?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Amb »

No, ordinary doctor.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:29 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Prodding:

Pink Princess
yellowbounder
Frozen Atlantic
pete d
Omega
Zarvok
Blank.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:21 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Why is it so vital to Amb that he can't reveal who he protected last night?

Since he's already claimed doc, (and stays alive overnight?*), what's so risky about revealing your choice? Am I missing something obvious? We can't verify the claim anyhow (short of a suicidal scum revealing all).

* Here we go into a WIFOM argument about whether the scum are trying to make us suspitious, or if Amb is scum ect.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:38 am

Post by Glork »

yellowbounder wrote:Why is it so vital to Amb that he can't reveal who he protected last night?
It's the same reason that it's a bad idea to post "Hey, what's your result?" to a claimed Cop as soon as day starts.

Discussion is more informative when less information is known. Suppose Amb had protected FrozenAtlantic (whom the scums tried to kill), and then several players bandwagoned FrAt the next day for some really silly/bad reason. We'd be able to get information from this bandwagon, whereas if Amb had revealed FrAt as a protection chioce right away, that wagon would never have happened.

It's also possible that Amb's information won't even be helpful to the town. Suppose the kill was stopped by a roleblocker, and not Doc-protection. If Amb protected OmegaScum (hypothetically speaking) and we all went "aha! Scums probably tried to kill Omega. He's likely not scum!' then we're setting ourselves up for failure.

As I said before, in the absence of a counterclaim, there is no reason to lynch Amb. If Amb is scum and there is a Doc out there somewhere, they should wait until the day
before
LyLo to counterclaim. That way, even if we lynch the wrong person, the town hasn't lost yet. The scums are not going to be able to play WIFOM games with us and trick us into lynching Amb if he's really a Doctor.

I think that Amb is legit anyway. As I indicated yesterday, I thought that exactly one of DoS/Amb was scum, based on their interation with the self-preservation votes. I think that the scums wanted to "trick" us into trying to lynch him, and that they went after either SC or myself... and that their kill was foiled by some other night action.

By the way, I'd bet $10 that at least one of PP/TCS is scum. Just sayin'.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:49 am

Post by StallingChamp »

Interesting, a claim from Glork...

A few questions for various people:

Glork: - If the town eliminates all the scum, but you are alive (as well as some town), will we both win? Or will it be just you for being alive in the endgame?
- To be honest, "Don't kill me" is pretty standard, and you could have been setting up a claim. Why claim now, when you are no where near a lynch?

Others: - Do any of you have a role name? I don;t want to know the role or the name, just if you have a
Specific
name ("Manager Joe" is specific, "Manager" is not).
- Since I pseudo-claimed yesterday to lynch DoS, does the town want me to come out and fully claim?
Show

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:54 am

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

Glork wrote:
yellowbounder wrote:Why is it so vital to Amb that he can't reveal who he protected last night?
It's the same reason that it's a bad idea to post "Hey, what's your result?" to a claimed Cop as soon as day starts.

Discussion is more informative when less information is known. Suppose Amb had protected FrozenAtlantic (whom the scums tried to kill), and then several players bandwagoned FrAt the next day for some really silly/bad reason. We'd be able to get information from this bandwagon, whereas if Amb had revealed FrAt as a protection chioce right away, that wagon would never have happened.

It's also possible that Amb's information won't even be helpful to the town. Suppose the kill was stopped by a roleblocker, and not Doc-protection. If Amb protected OmegaScum (hypothetically speaking) and we all went "aha! Scums probably tried to kill Omega. He's likely not scum!' then we're setting ourselves up for failure.

As I said before, in the absence of a counterclaim, there is no reason to lynch Amb. If Amb is scum and there is a Doc out there somewhere, they should wait until the day
before
LyLo to counterclaim. That way, even if we lynch the wrong person, the town hasn't lost yet. The scums are not going to be able to play WIFOM games with us and trick us into lynching Amb if he's really a Doctor.

I think that Amb is legit anyway. As I indicated yesterday, I thought that exactly one of DoS/Amb was scum, based on their interation with the self-preservation votes. I think that the scums wanted to "trick" us into trying to lynch him, and that they went after either SC or myself... and that their kill was foiled by some other night action.

By the way, I'd bet $10 that at least one of PP/TCS is scum. Just sayin'.
Wonderful post, sir.

vote : Pink Princess

I love you, but you are scumz. :cry:
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:06 am

Post by DeanWinchester »

I do not have a formal name. I have to say other than amb I don't really have a whole lot of reads. Power princess general lack of commentary is noted though.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:09 am

Post by DeanWinchester »

So atticus's imediatly agreeing with glork.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:13 am

Post by Glork »

StallingChamp wrote:Glork: - If the town eliminates all the scum, but you are alive (as well as some town), will we both win? Or will it be just you for being alive in the endgame?
- To be honest, "Don't kill me" is pretty standard, and you could have been setting up a claim. Why claim now, when you are no where near a lynch?
Yes, we would both win. As long as I am alive when one group or faction attains their win condition, I win as well. I affect no other team's win condition -- I am not a threat to the town, so I can't prevent them from living all happy/peaceful forevermore. And I am not a hinderance to the scum's ability to win. I simply exist, and my only official objective is to keep on existing.
You're right. I technically could have set this up ahead of time. I would not say, however, that *repeated* pleas of "don't kill me" are by any means standard, especially when there has been no pressure whatsoever on that player. The thing is, it's standard for Survivors to claim early in games. Fritzler did it D1 in... I think it was a ScumChat mini or something... and the players let him stay alive. It's really necessary, since it is the *ONLY* means a Survivor has of protecting themselves; if they get lynched or killed, it's game over. The scums already know that I'm telling the truth, so they are unlikely to kill me at this point (unless I prove to be a major threat to them). Having handpicked DoS as a scumbag, the town only has to decide whether I'm pulling off a
massive
gambit that I would have had to plan right at the start of the game, by busing a partner and claiming Survivor.
I actually wanted to claim at the end of Day One, but I went to bed when DoS was still a few votes away from lynch, and by the time I woke up, he was dead and the thread was already locked. The only reason I am claiming is not to avoid a lynch (since, as you pointed out, I am in no danger of being lynched). It is to avoid being
nightkilled

I don't think that the town should massclaim whether they have specific names or not. The only reason I said that yesterday is because I expected the scums to just kill off Amb. (And consequently, I was planning on claiming today because I figured I'd have no other chances of being protected.) Claiming like that only gives away more information to the scumbags. Additionally, there is no reason for you to finish claiming. The town doesn't need to know your full role (though most of us can probably guess it if we look hard enough... I believe that I already have), and making it clear/explicit to the mafia only helps them figure out what/where they should be killing.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:23 am

Post by StallingChamp »

Thanks for the response!

A few things, first of all, I see what you mean that most people dont spam "Dont kill me", but I meant that 95% of roles will want to not be killed, in order to help their faction. As for the gambit, its definatively possible, but not too likely, and at this point, I see no reason in pushing that further. I'm not too sure about why claiming Survivor would stop the scum from lynching you, however. To them, you are yet another threat they have to eliminate in order to achieve victory. I'll accept that it may not be in the town's best interest for either A) A mass name-claim to happen, or B) Me to fully claim, so I'll retract both those suggestions.

FrAt - Why vote someone without reason, after quoting a totally unrelated post?
Show

Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:31 am

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

Because I'm much much much smarter than you and Glork shall attest to that fact shortly. ;)

PP is today's lynch.
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:18 am

Post by Glork »

Vote: Pink Princess

Word to people's mothers.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

Got my prod, sorry.

1. Wait, why am I the lynch for the day?
2. It's
Pink
Princess, not Power Princess.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by Glork »

1. Probably because FrAt said so.
2. Pink Power!
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:08 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

1. Well that's just silly.
2. I can't think of a good reply to that. Although maybe I should go by Power Princess. Does it give me more leverage?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by Glork »

1. It might not be. We don't know yet.
2. That depends on who you're dealing with. Someone like AniX? Definitely power. Display authority, capability, independence, power. Most other males? Pink. Use the "I'm a girl!" factor to sway them. ;) Females? Hell if I know. :P
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

1. I do!
2. Don't vote for me, I'm a girl.