HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:49 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Thok wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:But then, so is this...
Thok wrote: @Battlemage-if you are a roleblocker, would you have blocked RR last night? (Do not say whether or not you actually are a roleblocker, just answer the question I specifically asked.)
Do you honestly believe my question is anywhere near the same level of scumminess as Twito's? I specifically asked BM to not reveal his role, but to only reveal if he would have roleblocked RR if he was hypothetically a roleblocker. (I realize on rereading it that I messed up the grammar, the first are in my post should be a should be a were). Moreover, we already know that if RR is town, then something messed with his investigation; I'm not trying to out new information.

I feel BM's answer to this question will give me useful insight into BM's alignment; I don't see what Twitotown could want from his question.
I don't find your fishing to be on the same level as Twito's, hence the FOS on him and not you. Your question is pushing the envelope a bit, but on rereading your explanation I do find more value in the question.
Kison wrote:
IH wrote:Twito, scum will kill off his investigation, rendering it useless
Or perhaps there was a reason I went after Twito and he just provided us with another one?
IH wrote:and giving him an excuse for tomorrow....
Not really. If Twito dies and comes up innocent, I'd be a likely candidate for tomorrow.

IH - What are your thoughts on Twito's attempt to expose the cop's potential investigation? I know in a game with a similar situation, you were all for it. So this stance of yours does not surprise me in the least.
Now that I say Kison's looking more town, he starts acting scummy again. IH's point was that if Rabbit's target is killed, we've got yet another day in which Rabbit cannot prove his claim.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:58 pm

Post by Kison »

IH's point was that if Rabbit's target is killed, we've got yet another day in which Rabbit cannot prove his claim.
Err, I misread that. I thought he was talking about me.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:34 pm

Post by IH »

Yeah. They should reveal their targets they targeted before.

They should not reveal who they intend to target.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i quite possibly would have blocked RR last night, considering my doubts that he is protown. However the fact remains that i didnt.

HackerHuck wrote:
Thok wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:But then, so is this...
Thok wrote: @Battlemage-if you are a roleblocker, would you have blocked RR last night? (Do not say whether or not you actually are a roleblocker, just answer the question I specifically asked.)
Do you honestly believe my question is anywhere near the same level of scumminess as Twito's? I specifically asked BM to not reveal his role, but to only reveal if he would have roleblocked RR if he was hypothetically a roleblocker. (I realize on rereading it that I messed up the grammar, the first are in my post should be a should be a were). Moreover, we already know that if RR is town, then something messed with his investigation; I'm not trying to out new information.

I feel BM's answer to this question will give me useful insight into BM's alignment; I don't see what Twitotown could want from his question.
I don't find your fishing to be on the same level as Twito's, hence the FOS on him and not you. Your question is pushing the envelope a bit, but on rereading your explanation I do find more value in the question.
Kison wrote:
IH wrote:Twito, scum will kill off his investigation, rendering it useless
Or perhaps there was a reason I went after Twito and he just provided us with another one?
IH wrote:and giving him an excuse for tomorrow....
Not really. If Twito dies and comes up innocent, I'd be a likely candidate for tomorrow.

IH - What are your thoughts on Twito's attempt to expose the cop's potential investigation? I know in a game with a similar situation, you were all for it. So this stance of yours does not surprise me in the least.
Now that I say Kison's looking more town, he starts acting scummy again. IH's point was that if Rabbit's target is killed, we've got yet another day in which Rabbit cannot prove his claim.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:04 am

Post by logicticus »

gone until friday night
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:31 am

Post by Thok »

Curious-BM's response isn't what I expected (it's trying to have things both ways, by claiming that he didn't block RR, while saying that RR deserved to be blocked).

IH-given me a quick summary of why Kison is the lynch for today.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:31 am

Post by Glork »

Day Two: The Seventh Vote Count:

Kison 6 (IH, Cogito Ergo Sum, DragonsofSummer, olio, Battle Mage, Thesp)
Battle Mage 2 (Ectomancer, Nightfall)
Twito 2 (Kison, logicticus)
Sefer 1 (Twito)

16 alive, 9 to lynch.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:05 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Twito's investagation fishing is quite scummy imo, and he remains by far my favorite lynch.

My current plan is to tell you I've got
an
innocent in the case of an innocent investagation, but not the name of the player in case he gets NK'd.

IH, I get that you think I'm stupid. Could you please stop endlessly repeating that?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:37 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Raging Rabbit wrote:Twito's investagation fishing is quite scummy imo, and he remains by far my favorite lynch.

an
innocent in the case of an innocent investagation, but not the name of the player in case he gets NK'd.

IH, I get that you think I'm stupid. Could you please stop endlessly repeating that?
Twito may not be vanilla townie, but he's not scum either.

How is witholding the name of a returned innocent until after he's been NK'd supposed to help with your claim?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:40 am

Post by Kison »

Ectomancer wrote:
Raging Rabbit wrote:Twito's investagation fishing is quite scummy imo, and he remains by far my favorite lynch.

an

How is witholding the name of a returned innocent until after he's been NK'd supposed to help with your claim?
I agree, there's no point naming them after they've been killed. Like I said, don't name anyone unless they are scum, or unless we're down to a few players and it's crucial to cross off verified townies.

If you name a townie, scum will realize that we know they are verified, and kill them to take that advantage away.

IH would argue differently...
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:45 am

Post by IH »

Alright Thok, you'll have to give me a bit.

Yep. I know I'm not the only one who believed that RR claimed under scummy circumstances.

I hate day 1 cop claims for no good reason.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:46 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Yes, it was dumb. That doesn't make him scum.

Why isn't Kison dead yet? The Monocle compels you!
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:47 am

Post by Kison »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Why isn't Kison dead yet? The Monocle compels you!
Quiet you. *shakes fist*
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

Thok needs to make a comment about anti-fist shaking laws now.

Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:52 am

Post by Thok »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Thok needs to make a comment about anti-fist shaking laws now.
I new I had some gimmick I had forgotten.

(Stupid anti fist shaking laws!)
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:05 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Thok wrote:Curious-BM's response isn't what I expected

Although I agree, that isn't highly uncommon for BM.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:29 am

Post by Twito »

Then again as you say scum would kill the target. What if he were to target scum? :P
And you just don't think the way I do I see advance in not letting a maniac like RR investigate who ever he wants. And who knows whether he is investigating or maybe killing?
I'm kinda feeling Kison lynch I don't like his Twito pushing.

Anways I choose not to defend myself againts any possible accusations around.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Thesp »

I am surprised at the lack of Kison deathage.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Sefer »

So I'm pretty much caught up, though I did a lot of skimming pre-page 25. Sorry it took a while, but I think you'll agree there's a lot to sift through in this game.
I strongly suspect RR to be town; I can't see any reason for scum to claim cop at that point- as has been pointed out, he won't make it to endgame one way or another with that claim. It's a bad town play, too, but I can see the thought process a newbie would go through that leads to deciding to claim, thinking it gives his suspicions more weight; I can't figure out a thought process that would lead scum to do so. All of RR's play seems indicative of a newbie convinced he has more ability than he actually does; maybe it's easier for me to see this because I remember doing the same thing (being absolutely convinced that I had found scum when I didn't really have much to back it up) not so many months ago.
The case against Kison seems fairly solid. His claim of being Monopoly is almost certainly true- it's too popular a board game for scum to be sure it would be safe (unless it were granted as a safe claim); however, until we have some idea of a theme behind scum in this game, it's not any more likely to be a scum claim than a town claim. He seems more likely scum than anyone else right now, so I'm leaving my vote on him.
Fritz is Fritz. His claim not to have a win condition yet could just be a creative way to avoid having to put any effort into the first two days (always a tempting prospect), but I don't think we can draw conclusions either way until we see how he acts tomorrow.
I'm curious as to what makes IH and BattleMage so certain that RR's claim is false. BattleMage also stated that he felt the Kison wagon was opportunistic without stating WHY it was opportunistic (rather than a decent lynch). IH's play has seemed off to me; his points don't seem as well thought out as they were in the only other game I've been in with him. I'm leaning towards scum on these two but don't have anything solid as of yet.
Twito I'm uncertain of. His style of play as town tends to look scummy to me. I actually think he's more likely to be town at this point, but that could easily change.
HackerHuck gives me good vibes. I think he's town at the moment.
I also think Ecto's town; this is based on what I feel was a well thought out case against Kison. If Kison does end up being scum, I'll feel fairly certain Ecto is town; if not I won't be so sure.
I'm leaning towards town on Zindaras, but nothing certain.
CES is someone I'm having a hard time getting a read on, probably because I don't remember his playstyle from other games I've read at the moment. He's done a lot of pushing the Kison wagon, repeatedly telling us to lynch without really giving his reasons for it. While I agree with the Kison wagon, the way he's going about pushing it bothers me. Zindaras, you were saying you think CES is scum because he wasn't pushing wagons like he usually does; is the way he's been acting more recently his normal playstyle?
Others really didn't stand out enough for me to form an opinion yet.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:35 am

Post by Thok »

Thesp wrote:I am surprised at the lack of Kison deathage.
Right now I'm not seeing the case for Kison deathage. I'm considering the idea that all of Kison/RR are townies who have misread each other (and misread livingod yesterday); in this situation you have the potential for a scum group involving IH/Battle Mage (and maybe others; still need to push my reread).
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:53 am

Post by Zindaras »

Cessy's play lately has made me feel more comfortable about him, but there's still something that feels...off.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:56 am

LIES! Scumbag.

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:05 am

Post by Thesp »

Thok wrote:Right now I'm not seeing the case for Kison deathage. I'm considering the idea that all of Kison/RR are townies who have misread each other (and misread livingod yesterday); in this situation you have the potential for a scum group involving IH/Battle Mage (and maybe others; still need to push my reread).
I concur on the RR-townieness, but I think Kison tried to make a legitimate bandwagon out of lunacy. It was opportunistic rather than insightful. It's scummy to the core.
Sefer wrote:Fritz is Fritz. His claim not to have a win condition yet could just be a creative way to avoid having to put any effort into the first two days (always a tempting prospect)
Why would he fake that? I can't see this as a serious line of thought.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:15 am

I disagree with that idea too, but I do think it shows a pro-town mindset(doubt everything.)

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

actually, i think you may have a point with RR. He isnt a pro, but hes not completely stupid either. its true that claiming cop at that stage was VERY risky, and yet to an extent there is a logic behind it. Currently RR claims that he couldnt use his abilities last night. Whilst you say that he wont 'make it to endgame', i think there is a good chance that he will. If the doc believes that RR is protown, he will probably protect him. And even if the doc doesnt protect him, if RR is protown, the Mafia are bound to think this is a possibility, and avoid him. Meanwhile there is a possibility that RR is infact scum. In this scenario, he is being allowed to continue participating with his scumbuddies until enough momentum can be gathered to lynch him. Of course, this isnt a big problem in itself, as there is probably a few scum left. However, when we get nearer to victory, RR will probably still be there. The problem with a cop claim is that no-one can investigate him, unless there is a counter claim. The lack of counter claim in a game that almost certainly has a cop is a big point in RRs favour, but im still not sure about him. :?

Sefer wrote:So I'm pretty much caught up, though I did a lot of skimming pre-page 25. Sorry it took a while, but I think you'll agree there's a lot to sift through in this game.
I strongly suspect RR to be town; I can't see any reason for scum to claim cop at that point- as has been pointed out, he won't make it to endgame one way or another with that claim. It's a bad town play, too, but I can see the thought process a newbie would go through that leads to deciding to claim, thinking it gives his suspicions more weight; I can't figure out a thought process that would lead scum to do so. All of RR's play seems indicative of a newbie convinced he has more ability than he actually does; maybe it's easier for me to see this because I remember doing the same thing (being absolutely convinced that I had found scum when I didn't really have much to back it up) not so many months ago.
The case against Kison seems fairly solid. His claim of being Monopoly is almost certainly true- it's too popular a board game for scum to be sure it would be safe (unless it were granted as a safe claim); however, until we have some idea of a theme behind scum in this game, it's not any more likely to be a scum claim than a town claim. He seems more likely scum than anyone else right now, so I'm leaving my vote on him.
Fritz is Fritz. His claim not to have a win condition yet could just be a creative way to avoid having to put any effort into the first two days (always a tempting prospect), but I don't think we can draw conclusions either way until we see how he acts tomorrow.
I'm curious as to what makes IH and BattleMage so certain that RR's claim is false. BattleMage also stated that he felt the Kison wagon was opportunistic without stating WHY it was opportunistic (rather than a decent lynch). IH's play has seemed off to me; his points don't seem as well thought out as they were in the only other game I've been in with him. I'm leaning towards scum on these two but don't have anything solid as of yet.
Twito I'm uncertain of. His style of play as town tends to look scummy to me. I actually think he's more likely to be town at this point, but that could easily change.
HackerHuck gives me good vibes. I think he's town at the moment.
I also think Ecto's town; this is based on what I feel was a well thought out case against Kison. If Kison does end up being scum, I'll feel fairly certain Ecto is town; if not I won't be so sure.
I'm leaning towards town on Zindaras, but nothing certain.
CES is someone I'm having a hard time getting a read on, probably because I don't remember his playstyle from other games I've read at the moment. He's done a lot of pushing the Kison wagon, repeatedly telling us to lynch without really giving his reasons for it. While I agree with the Kison wagon, the way he's going about pushing it bothers me. Zindaras, you were saying you think CES is scum because he wasn't pushing wagons like he usually does; is the way he's been acting more recently his normal playstyle?
Others really didn't stand out enough for me to form an opinion yet.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”