Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:42 am

Post by Generic »

Slandaar
Marquis
Grimgroove
Garmr
BigTerp
Telo

That's the list of 5 I need to get down to 2. The ones no longer on the list from the 12 are not written off, I just don't see any reason to lynch them today.

Time for a bit of ISOing.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:50 am

Post by Marquis »

pokemon y is super addicting.

catching up bbl
link in bio
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:43 am

Post by Majiffy »

Phonepoast. Got called for a tech rehearsal, try to get on before I have to sleep. Otherwise, I'll be on tomorrow.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:45 am

Post by Telo »

In post 150, Generic wrote:Slandaar
Marquis
Grimgroove
Garmr
BigTerp
Telo

That's the list of 5 I need to get down to 2. The ones no longer on the list from the 12 are not written off, I just don't see any reason to lynch them today.

Time for a bit of ISOing.
Clarify please. These ~six~ are your top suspects?
If so are they chosen because of something they said or did that made them suspicious or is the other half of the players eliminated because of something they said or did that made them less suspicious.
Windblown
Windblown
Goon
Windblown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:14 am

Post by Windblown »

In post 149, Desperado wrote: @ Windblown: I'm struggling with this part...so Mara accuses you as scum and says you have no content. You knew this accusation was true. But rather than just combat it that way, you highlighted others who also haven't contributed any content. The "What about them?!?!" tell hasn't been very accurate with me, but what that exchange does show is that you are concerned with your own image above all else, and would grasp at anything that might help weaken the argument presented against you, even if your defense itself is weak.
That's
scummy.
It was more of a response to how she said "it's between you and Grim" so I just brought up how others had displayed similar play to me in their lack of content to illustrate that her statement was inaccurate. I couldn't really defend myself against a 'you have no content' statement in any case, however.

Generic, why are you looking to get 2 people out of that list (as in why that number specifically)?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:22 am

Post by Generic »

In post 36, Generic wrote:Desperado is town. That's clear.

Mara you need to post from your hydra and I will be able to make a call on you... Or do you fear my ability to read you?

Majiffy won't have a clue again, I've seen his mafia ability first hand... Not up to much.

Pieguyn, that brief assessment shows me who you know at least.

The rest.... Meh.

Let's see that insta wagon like last time now. Bring it.
In post 40, Generic wrote:Desp, she traded hard on her cred on MS in wingate to get backing against me. I called her as scum on page 3 was it?

My RL issues also helped her. She has neither to her advantage now. So if she's scum she will not be able to hide it for long.
In post 57, Generic wrote:
In post 56, T S O wrote:Generic Town?
I know, hard to take those words in ain't it.

I will get it on a t shirt if it helps to process that.

T S O... Townish.
In post 89, Generic wrote:
In post 66, Amethyst Kitty wrote:
In post 13, Majiffy wrote:VOTE: Amethyst Kitty
You're up first.
bastard.

You said troll, does that mean you don't plan on doing anything?

Mara you need to post from your hydra and I will be able to make a call on you... Or do you fear my ability to read you?

Majiffy won't have a clue again, I've seen his mafia ability first hand... Not up to much.

The rest.... Meh.

You know I don't fear anything Generic, and you're going straight for discrediting me again before I even post. What's up with that? We can make a 1v1, a
true
1v1, happen.
In post 74, Amethyst Kitty wrote:
In post 69, Generic wrote:
You're up first.
bastard.

The rest.... Meh.

You know I don't fear anything Generic, and you're going straight for discrediting me again before I even post. What's up with that? We can make a 1v1, a
true
1v1, happen.

Simple question.

Do you have a scum read on me?
Ur no fun :/

no, I don't have a scum-read on you, and I don't think I should. Am I wrong?

VOTE: Desp

Why request 1v1 with someone you think might be town?
So we have desperado opinion, comments to a lead up to pressure on the mara head of AK, baiting of the guy who laid out the troll cards in his opening, a read on TSO, and a point on a potential slip on AK (I have later reassessed her as less of an issue based on a gut feel relating to knowing her well).

You seemed to take issue with me that I wasn't doing anything, when I was forming loud opinions and drawing focus from people I wanted to reaction test. You in the meantime had done sod all as I pointed out. And there were at least 4 people if not more with less than 10 posts in the game, 2-3 of wgich were in the RVS stage each or fluff posts to show activity without actually doing anything.

Yet you thought voting for me was the best place to put it. And when I responded you ignored me and answered generically (no pun intended) to the game, and even that excuse was bullshit and you had to retract it and make up a different shitty reason.
In post 101, Generic wrote:
In post 98, Telo wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Generic

with a quick deadline like this I think we need to be a little bit faster and fiuriouser in forming our reads. I'm not getting anything from Generic. Would like to see some reasoning even if it is a bit premature we need something to go off of.
If you are going to drop a vote on me you might want to make the reason good.

Your contribution to this game do far is what exactly? To help you I looked. 2 RVS vote involving banana skin comments, a question to pie and terp about each other, a fencesit comment on desp that's so fluffy it might as well be a sheep and a thank you post to garmr.

Amethyst kitty, wind blown, and marquis have all posted under 5 posts, and amythest kitty proposed a 1v1 with someone she is apparently town reading.

Want to try again, or try to mislynch lower hanging fruit?
There is the post you ignored, so before you further press me over what im doing, what the hell are you actually doing?

Tela is in one of the two spots BTW if that hadn't been clear from above. Once I have two I would vote for I will assess them against eachother.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:24 am

Post by Generic »

Shit, first part of the post went missing, lets try that again....

It was a process of elimination, I have been over the course of the game ruling people out who I have taken a good vibe from, sometimes from a single act and sometimes for several subtle things.

Then I take the rest and start looking for the good or the bad.

You telo are my main focus actually, because you seem to be trying to position yourself in the seat of control, telling me I need to justify myself every step of the way yet clearly you are not being very truthful.

Lets have a look at this shall we...

with a quick deadline like this I think we need to be a little bit faster and fiuriouser in forming our reads. I'm not getting anything from Generic. Would like to see some reasoning even if it is a bit premature we need something to go off of.
In post 131, Telo wrote:I don't have reads on everyone. I'm still formulating them based on interaction and voting and what not.

At the time I placed my vote on Generic he hadn't uttered an opinion about anyone in the game... not even in jest (RVS). If I'm gonna analyze there has to be something there; hence the vote.
In post 132, Telo wrote:ok, I take it back. Upon reread his very first sentence in the game is an opinion on Desp.

But I still think my vote was worthy it gives others a possible read into ME and what I'm looking for in the game.

I'll let the vote stand as I continue to read.
A few posts there about you reason for voting for me. You spotted I had passed comment on desp, but shall we see what I did by the time we get to you vote post at #98?

The rest.... Meh.

In post 40, Generic wrote:Desp, she traded hard on her cred on MS in wingate to get backing against me. I called her as scum on page 3 was it?

My RL issues also helped her. She has neither to her advantage now. So if she's scum she will not be able to hide it for long.
In post 57, Generic wrote:
In post 56, T S O wrote:Generic Town?
I know, hard to take those words in ain't it.

I will get it on a t shirt if it helps to process that.

T S O... Townish.
In post 89, Generic wrote:
You're up first.
bastard.

The rest.... Meh.

true
1v1, happen.
In post 74, Amethyst Kitty wrote:
In post 69, Generic wrote:
You're up first.
bastard.

The rest.... Meh.

true
1v1, happen.

Simple question.

Do you have a scum read on me?
Ur no fun :/

no, I don't have a scum-read on you, and I don't think I should. Am I wrong?

VOTE: Desp

Why request 1v1 with someone you think might be town?
So we have desperado opinion, comments to a lead up to pressure on the mara head of AK, baiting of the guy who laid out the troll cards in his opening, a read on TSO, and a point on a potential slip on AK (I have later reassessed her as less of an issue based on a gut feel relating to knowing her well).

You seemed to take issue with me that I wasn't doing anything, when I was forming loud opinions and drawing focus from people I wanted to reaction test. You in the meantime had done sod all as I pointed out. And there were at least 4 people if not more with less than 10 posts in the game, 2-3 of wgich were in the RVS stage each or fluff posts to show activity without actually doing anything.

Yet you thought voting for me was the best place to put it. And when I responded you ignored me and answered generically (no pun intended) to the game, and even that excuse was bullshit and you had to retract it and make up a different shitty reason.
In post 101, Generic wrote:

If you are going to drop a vote on me you might want to make the reason good.

Your contribution to this game do far is what exactly? To help you I looked. 2 RVS vote involving banana skin comments, a question to pie and terp about each other, a fencesit comment on desp that's so fluffy it might as well be a sheep and a thank you post to garmr.

Amethyst kitty, wind blown, and marquis have all posted under 5 posts, and amythest kitty proposed a 1v1 with someone she is apparently town reading.

Want to try again, or try to mislynch lower hanging fruit?
There is the post you ignored, so before you further press me over what im doing, what the hell are you actually doing?

Tela is in one of the two spots BTW if that hadn't been clear from above. Once I have two I would vote for I will assess them against eachother.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:37 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 148, pieguyn wrote: if you knew it wasn't serious, then how come you wanted me to answer the question? 0.0
It is just easier or clearer to show things when you have both the question and the answer rather than just a question.
In post 148, pieguyn wrote: IMO, questioning joke posts can be productive. sometimes we get nothing but other times we might get something weird that doesn't make any sense. there's not much of a reason to not question a joke post, just cause "it's a joke post".. if you see something I say it's better to just point it out ~
The point of a joke post is it is a joke; there isn't anything worth pointing out in them because they are not actually relevant content wise.

Which is why questioning such posts is ... terrible.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:14 am

Post by Telo »

ok fine, me and half the players in the game. What am I doing? I'm pushing you. Are you going to vote? Me or anyone?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:47 am

Post by T S O »

In post 99, Windblown wrote:What even is robotic about Grim's posts TSO?

I do find them perhaps looking too much into pie's random list but I don't really feel it's scum-motivated considering all the talk before Grim bringing up the list seriously was about a past game.
Just read them and try to imagine the phrasing and vocabulary are spontaneous. They're completely not.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:13 am

Post by Majiffy »

You know what I love reading? Giant quote walls.

Just kidding I didn't read any of that shit.
In post 138, Generic wrote:
In post 127, Majiffy wrote:Has anyone ever told you that you use too many pronouns, Generic?
No, you would be the first majiffy...
Well, you do.

Try to use more proper nouns so I can tell who the fuck you're talking about because sometimes it seems a bit vague.
In post 141, T S O wrote:I don't like Majiffy.
Aaaand I don't like you!
In post 143, Slandaar wrote:
In post 135, Garmr wrote: I thought his restriction was acting gangster which he was doing till a latter post post 29 still fits into the theme. Post 75 made me question that.
Don't worry I don't need to post like a gangster.
I was under the impression the post restriction was a joke. Seemed like you were mimicking kanye.

Please confirm/deny post restriction.
In post 145, Slandaar wrote:Someone who is around ask me a question we need to ramp the speed of this game up.
I agree. I haven't seen a single line of inquiry that has interested me beyond the passing level of curiosity.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:15 am

Post by T S O »

As a person, you're cool. You're not cool as scum though, so you're not so cool here.

Capitulate and die.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:19 am

Post by BigTerp »

Sorry, busy weekend. Anyway, Windblown seems to be getting pretty defensive. I agree with others that there has been some redirection as well. Not getting anymore of a scummy feel from TSO, so I think my vote is in the wrong place. I still have Pie in my town pile, as well as Grim. I'm also liking Generic and Desperado at this point on the game. Kitty is a tough read for me, and I keep getting this feeling that she/they are scum. But I can't pinpoint anything to confirm that feeling. Just my gut I guess. Everyone else is a null/shit read for me. Going to try and be around more the next day, but can't make any promises.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:23 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 161, T S O wrote:As a person, you're cool. You're not cool as scum though, so you're not so cool here.

Capitulate and die.
What has you feeling scum on Majiffy?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:25 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 157, Slandaar wrote:The point of a joke post is it is a joke; there isn't anything worth pointing out in them because they are not actually relevant content wise.

Which is why questioning such posts is ... terrible.
questioning a joke post that's proven to 100% be a joke is pointless, but if you don't know it's a joke IMO it's better to just ask and try to find out something. even something that looks like a joke at first can end up having some subconscious thing behind it 0.0

so do you believe that Desp thought it wasn't serious when he asked those questions?

@TSO: do you get a different feeling from Grim in this game than in Newbie 1428?
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:33 am

Post by BigTerp »

VOTE: Windblown

Fuck it. Should be L-2.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:35 am

Post by T S O »

Will answer tomorrow, it's bed now.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:44 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 161, T S O wrote:As a person, you're cool. You're not cool as scum though, so you're not so cool here.

Capitulate and die.
I'm not scum here so that must make me the Fonz.

||
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 164, pieguyn wrote: questioning a joke post that's proven to 100% be a joke is pointless
Right.
In post 164, pieguyn wrote: but if you don't know it's a joke IMO it's better to just ask and try to find out something. even something that looks like a joke at first can end up having some subconscious thing behind it 0.0
Well you probably should ask but you won't get anything as shown above because the post is a joke.
In post 164, pieguyn wrote: so do you believe that Desp thought it wasn't serious when he asked those questions?
I don't see anyone taking your post seriously.

Do you?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 160, Majiffy wrote: Please confirm/deny post restriction.
You did ask very nicely so I guess I will answer;
Kinda.

That's all you get.
Windblown
Windblown
Goon
Windblown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Post by Windblown »

In post 162, BigTerp wrote:Sorry, busy weekend. Anyway, Windblown seems to be getting pretty defensive. I agree with others that there has been some redirection as well.
Okay, so it's not my imagination when I see some of your posts just going with the flow.
In post 137, pieguyn wrote:
In post 119, Windblown wrote:The only votes on me previous to Kitty's were made in RVS. It's a fair point that I haven't posted much here in terms of content but neither have a few others (Marquis, Garmr, Telo) and they seem fairly confident that the lynch option is between me/Kitty/TSO/Grim - which I disagree with, I'm sure plenty of us are active enough to get 7 votes on anyone, even some people who don't have votes on them at the moment. Note that I'm not saying we should necessarily look at someone outside of us four, but that we can do it.
for me it's weird how you bring up Marquis/Garmr/Telo and say they're doing the same thing you did. seems like possibly trying to redirect attention IMO...
Windblown wrote:Telo's vote on Generic is strange - you say you want reads formed quicker, and you vote Generic because you don't have a read on him, but does that mean you have a read on everyone else even though you haven't mentioned them? Not even sure what the reasoning bit of that post is directed towards.
this seems like redirection again, mb cause this was right after a defense.
Unlike what Pie did here in actually bringing up posts I've made that he could interpret as scummy you just make a statement agreeing with others without bringing up any of my posts for data (and I've made more since then). Terp's case just feels more artificial compared to what Grim or Desp made against me, for example.

Not to mention shouldn't it be completely natural to defend yourself? Maybe I'm not getting the right connotation from the word defensive so please tell me if that's the case.

There's some stuff too (#95, #100) that taken in isolation isn't bad by itself but the bigger picture just puts the image of someone trying to fit in.

#116 is just a rephrasing of Generic's #113 that asks about the reasoning against me and the way he phrased it as a statement "curious to know the reason..." just gives me a bad feeling of him wanting to discretely slip onto my wagon. (Also there's the fact that AK answered before him but that was two minutes so I won't hold it against him)

The rest of his posts aren't that bad, so that's why I don't have him scummier than Telo, who in the meantime, has posted:
In post 158, Telo wrote:ok fine, me and half the players in the game. What am I doing? I'm pushing you. Are you going to vote? Me or anyone?
(addressed towards Generic) She says she's pushing him, but a single vote on him with terrible reasoning isn't really legitimate, although it did elicit a response from him that was very townish, but I'm not crediting her for it. This in tandem with #132 is strange because she says her vote on Generic helps people get a read on Telo herself and her motives, but if you're looking for people with opinions on the game and Generic does have them, I can't see how people can get a good perception of what you want because those motives aren't town at all.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Telo

PS: I think I'm at L-3 rather than L-2.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 136, pieguyn wrote:
Garmr wrote:Isn't that the list from the last game probably just a joke I don't think it scummy or anything.
no, I mean my list on page 2. and specifically, I wanna know your thoughts on how I used the list
How you used your joke list well good I guess I don't know. It got a reaction out of some players I just figured it was to do with the past game straight away and since it was in the rvs stage I kinda shrugged.
In post 136, pieguyn wrote:
Garmr wrote:I still don't see the point of arguing with someone you think is town you can just use it to waste time. It's better to argue with your scum reads.
sorry for confusion = = what I meant was, she was arguing with him in order to sort him as town or not. iirc when she was originally arguing with him, she wasn't sure of her read on him v
In post 103, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Generic, I didn't have you as town until you responded to me. It wasn't exactly the response I wanted, but it's still a town-response though I do wish you would play around a little :/
so she wasn't questioning someone she thought was town.
Oh ok that I missed. I guess She's null.
In post 136, pieguyn wrote: also, if people can use it to waste time, do you believe that's what AK is doing here?
I don't think Ak was involved in the last game and Ak hasn't been dwelling that much on it so meh.
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:12 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Grimgroove

My partner just pointed something out that reminiscent of a game where he has played a game as scum and, Wind's post has gotten progressively townier. I don't think I'd mind keeping him around for a bit, if anything he is amusing
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:12 pm

Post by Telo »

In post 170, Windblown wrote:
a single vote
on him with terrible reasoning isn't really legitimate,
I only have one vote.