Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:25 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 97, pieguyn wrote: then you want me to answer it? if it's a terrible question what do you think answering it will accomplish? also, can you explain what "terrible" questions Desp asked and why they were "terrible"?

unvote vote: Slandaar
IF they were not terrible you would have answered them by now. I mean that was your response using different wording.

Or are you saying they were productive questions that would yield useful answers if so why did you not answer them?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:27 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 115, Majiffy wrote:Is there a case presented
No.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:30 am

Post by Majiffy »

Has anyone ever told you that you use too many pronouns, Generic?
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:17 pm

Post by BigTerp »

In post 117, Amethyst Kitty wrote:
In post 114, Amethyst Kitty wrote:From what I know of his scum game, he is very capable of making himself look incredibly town and proactive. His questions are weird, though I don't get the sense that he's trying to mask his alignment this game which is good enough for me to vote windblown over him, who hasn't done anything and who's only content post is him pushing suspicion on someone who is (at that point IIRC) the leading wagon
Fair enough. But why are you limiting yourself, and suggesting others do the same, to only 4 players as best lynch options already? Seems odd to me your ready to thin the pool so soon. We have plenty of time. And including yourself in the lynch options is, IMO, a classic mafia move.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Difficult to comment on T S O's argument. So I won't, as it's not really an argument anyway.

The convergence on Windblown, outside of the fact pressure is necessary as fast as possible in this game, is obviously random. His reaction to it in rings quite sensible at first sight, but the fact he brings up other people to point to doesn't sit very well with me. The fact he contrasts his own reaction with Generic's reaction also makes it seem there is a clear motivation of appearing calm and reasonable, making it all sound less genuine. That said, I haven't seen anything outrageously scummy. Keeping an eye on his actual scumhunting. His posts have raised my expectations of his capabilities in this regard, so want to keep him around for now.

Slandaar has become the Slandaar I knew from before, and seems town for it.

I'm liking pieguyn's search for interactions with me and BigTerp, it feels as if he's trying to secure a read on both of us fast, a sensisble tactic since we just got out of a LyLo together and there is not that much time. The list-thing got cleared up, making that part of pieguyn's ISO null. (see that Slandaar, how that line of inquiry was helpful after all?)

When it comes to BigTerp I don't have a clear read, but if he keeps up what he's doing now I don't see a reason why he should be lynched.

I don't like Garmr's . First of all because it stifles a possibly interesting discussion and insights (not everyone believes in meta, but a lot of people do), but the main problem is that he doesn't offer any alternative path. Feels like a safe sideline comment that everyone can agree on, without actually doing anything. His faked "modesty" and the sad smiley face appeal to the emotions.

Frankly there's nothing I like about that post, aqnd looking at his ISO, I don't see anything good either. The fact that his own vote on Amethyst Kitty seems to be largely based on some previous game as well, makes him hypocritical to bout.

VOTE: Garmr

Don't have much of a read on others. Generic looks like an emotional player, always have a hard time reading those. Majiffy's looks very town, but need to see more of him. Waiting for Desperado to continue that critical player he was when trying to bring us out of RVS. Amethyst limiting the options sounds like town getting ahead of herself. I have to admit I too feel a certain sense of "rush" in this game, so I understand the sentiment. When you find yourself among the lynch-options, that sense gets heightened even more, so I don't see much scumminess in it.

Others I didn't mention means I don't have any comments yet, hinting at them having to do more.

@mod
: The weekend is near and it's going to be quite difficult for me to come online within the next 24 hours due to a family trip. I'd like to put in a V/LA of approximately 36 hours, meaning I'll be back Sunday late afternoon Belgian time (right now it's Friday middle of the night). Hope that's fine.
If this V/LA is unacceptable given the set-up of this game, I'll reluctantly accept your decision to replace me out.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:48 pm

Post by Garmr »

@GG
My vote on the ice queen was a rvs. It only got serious when she suggested the one on one with someone she thought was town which is pretty odd. Also i'm not getting lost in the past game unlike Thus it's not hypocritical. Also tell me how my view on the past game is wrong.

Yes reading meta is interesting but continuing to talk about the a past game with out using it in context to recent plays is just what you said stifling possibly interesting discussion and insights. So what your proposing is to continue being stuck in the past game wasting precious time. No this wrong.

You pretty much skipped the rvs phase not that is bad but you claim Slandaar is fluffier than you remember.

Your case in 78 is pretty bad and pretty much saying because he speculated three scum he knows the set up is what your basically saying. Then when Slandaar replies 3 is the norm your next post focus's on discrediting him that's pretty bad in itself. But your making such a uproar about pieguy yet you pretty much vote TSO with out reasoning in the same freaking post.

VOTE: GG

@Slandaar I thought you had post restriction by the way you were acting silly was that just mucking around?
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Post by Telo »

I don't have reads on everyone. I'm still formulating them based on interaction and voting and what not.

At the time I placed my vote on Generic he hadn't uttered an opinion about anyone in the game... not even in jest (RVS). If I'm gonna analyze there has to be something there; hence the vote.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by Telo »

ok, I take it back. Upon reread his very first sentence in the game is an opinion on Desp.

But I still think my vote was worthy it gives others a possible read into ME and what I'm looking for in the game.

I'll let the vote stand as I continue to read.
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:40 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 119, Windblown wrote: To her credit Generic seemed to overreact to 1/7 of a lynch going his way, I thought just the first sentence of his #101 was an adequate response considering the vote didn't have much basis to start with but then it looks like he tries to discredit Telo's vote because she hasn't contributed much, which seems to be freaking out a little unnecessarily.
What reaction are you talking about? I saw no over-reaction at all whatsoever coming from his slot
In post 120, Generic wrote:I would ask mara about how I generally 'react' to poor votes and case brought at me.

I take no prisoners, it encourages actual cases of value.

And point two, just because you would have accepted a half assed answer doesn't mean I'm happy to leave it at that. I have a full response, and now I wait on the inevitable response... Although it does help when others try and fight these things for the person, opens up buddying/white knighting potentials. So thanks for that.
I react badly to terrible reasons on why I'm scum, I must have gotten it from somewhere :P
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:41 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 125, Slandaar wrote:
In post 97, pieguyn wrote: then you want me to answer it? if it's a terrible question what do you think answering it will accomplish? also, can you explain what "terrible" questions Desp asked and why they were "terrible"?

unvote vote: Slandaar
IF they were not terrible you would have answered them by now. I mean that was your response using different wording.

Or are you saying they were productive questions that would yield useful answers if so why did you not answer them?
how can you be sure of that first sentence? the question could have been legitimate and I could be scum just dodging the question. = =

probably the questions are proactive if you don't know the intent behind my list of doom. however, I didn't want to reveal my reasoning cause it was a reaction test and I wanted to get results first.
In post 130, Garmr wrote:@GG
My vote on the ice queen was a rvs. It only got serious when she suggested the one on one with someone she thought was town which is pretty odd. Also i'm not getting lost in the past game unlike Thus it's not hypocritical. Also tell me how my view on the past game is wrong.
I don't think it's weird at all how AK requests a 1v1 with someone she was townreading. it seems like she wanted to use a 1v1 to sort someone, just like I was using my past games and questioning to quickly sort GG/BigTerp. I'm also a bit uncomfortable with how Generic mentioned pretty much the same thing already..

what's your thoughts on my list?
Garmr wrote:@Slandaar I thought you had post restriction by the way you were acting silly was that just mucking around?
this is weird for me, can you explain it? notably, this post
In post 29, Slandaar wrote:Desp is down to business already.
doesn't seem post restricted at all. 0.0
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:11 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 134, pieguyn wrote:
In post 125, Slandaar wrote:
In post 97, pieguyn wrote:
In post 130, Garmr wrote:@GG
I don't think it's weird at all how AK requests a 1v1 with someone she was townreading. it seems like she wanted to use a 1v1 to sort someone, just like I was using my past games and questioning to quickly sort GG/BigTerp. I'm also a bit uncomfortable with how Generic mentioned pretty much the same thing already..

what's your thoughts on my list?
Isn't that the list from the last game probably just a joke I don't think it scummy or anything. I just agreed with generic. I guess you can say it was sheep but i was already voted on her so it wasn't in that way. I still don't see the point of arguing with someone you think is town you can just use it to waste time. It's better to argue with your scum reads.
In post 134, pieguyn wrote:
Garmr wrote:@Slandaar I thought you had post restriction by the way you were acting silly was that just mucking around?
this is weird for me, can you explain it? notably, this post
In post 29, Slandaar wrote:Desp is down to business already.
doesn't seem post restricted at all. 0.0
I thought his restriction was acting gangster which he was doing till a latter post post 29 still fits into the theme. Post 75 made me question that.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:53 am

Post by pieguyn »

Garmr wrote:Isn't that the list from the last game probably just a joke I don't think it scummy or anything.
no, I mean my list on page 2. and specifically, I wanna know your thoughts on how I used the list
Garmr wrote:I still don't see the point of arguing with someone you think is town you can just use it to waste time. It's better to argue with your scum reads.
sorry for confusion = = what I meant was, she was arguing with him in order to sort him as town or not. iirc when she was originally arguing with him, she wasn't sure of her read on him v
In post 103, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Generic, I didn't have you as town until you responded to me. It wasn't exactly the response I wanted, but it's still a town-response though I do wish you would play around a little :/
so she wasn't questioning someone she thought was town.

also, if people can use it to waste time, do you believe that's what AK is doing here?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:10 am

Post by pieguyn »

also, I find it weird how Windblown posts more content when people start voting him 0.0
In post 119, Windblown wrote:The only votes on me previous to Kitty's were made in RVS. It's a fair point that I haven't posted much here in terms of content but neither have a few others (Marquis, Garmr, Telo) and they seem fairly confident that the lynch option is between me/Kitty/TSO/Grim - which I disagree with, I'm sure plenty of us are active enough to get 7 votes on anyone, even some people who don't have votes on them at the moment. Note that I'm not saying we should necessarily look at someone outside of us four, but that we can do it.
for me it's weird how you bring up Marquis/Garmr/Telo and say they're doing the same thing you did. seems like possibly trying to redirect attention IMO...
Windblown wrote:Telo's vote on Generic is strange - you say you want reads formed quicker, and you vote Generic because you don't have a read on him, but does that mean you have a read on everyone else even though you haven't mentioned them? Not even sure what the reasoning bit of that post is directed towards.
this seems like redirection again, mb cause this was right after a defense.

what are your thoughts on AK?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:21 am

Post by Generic »

In post 127, Majiffy wrote:Has anyone ever told you that you use too many pronouns, Generic?
No, you would be the first majiffy...

Let's see,I've been told I post too often, too much emotional content, too much aggression, too much anger, too many hypotheticals, too much paranoia, too many over reactions...

I am liking majiffy, I'm sure he wanted to say much more to me but for a self confessed troll he kept it high brow.

Kudos.

Will catch up on the best case for lynch when I can today.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:23 am

Post by Generic »

In post 133, Amethyst Kitty wrote:
In post 119, Windblown wrote: To her credit Generic seemed to overreact to 1/7 of a lynch going his way, I thought just the first sentence of his #101 was an adequate response considering the vote didn't have much basis to start with but then it looks like he tries to discredit Telo's vote because she hasn't contributed much, which seems to be freaking out a little unnecessarily.
What reaction are you talking about? I saw no over-reaction at all whatsoever coming from his slot
In post 120, Generic wrote:I would ask mara about how I generally 'react' to poor votes and case brought at me.

I take no prisoners, it encourages actual cases of value.

And point two, just because you would have accepted a half assed answer doesn't mean I'm happy to leave it at that. I have a full response, and now I wait on the inevitable response... Although it does help when others try and fight these things for the person, opens up buddying/white knighting potentials. So thanks for that.
I react badly to terrible reasons on why I'm scum, I must have gotten it from somewhere :P

Lol, you are reading far more townie in this at present, I much prefer knowing I can listen to your opinions without the fear of a hidden agenda... Let's hope I'm right here.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:26 am

Post by T S O »

I've played with Windblown for a while and he's not a surface deep player. At first glance, he'll look very proactive, and I often find it's near impossible to read him on d1 or even d2.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:27 am

Post by T S O »

I like Generic, I like Desperado, I like pieguyn.

I don't like Majiffy.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:09 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 134, pieguyn wrote: how can you be sure of that first sentence? the question could have been legitimate and I could be scum just dodging the question. = =
Do you feel questioning joke posts is productive?

Note:
In post 134, pieguyn wrote: probably the questions are proactive if you don't know the intent behind my list of doom. however, I didn't want to reveal my reasoning cause it was a reaction test and I wanted to get results first.
I knew your post wasn't serious.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:12 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 135, Garmr wrote: I thought his restriction was acting gangster which he was doing till a latter post post 29 still fits into the theme. Post 75 made me question that.
Don't worry I don't need to post like a gangster.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:16 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 130, Garmr wrote: But your making such a uproar about pieguy yet you pretty much vote TSO with out reasoning in the same freaking post.
I noticed this too.

Don't see the problem with 93 either.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:22 am

Post by Slandaar »

Someone who is around ask me a question we need to ramp the speed of this game up.
Windblown
Windblown
Goon
Windblown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:40 am

Post by Windblown »

In post 133, Amethyst Kitty wrote: What reaction are you talking about? I saw no over-reaction at all whatsoever coming from his slot
101 just struck me as a bit overreactive.
In post 137, pieguyn wrote:also, I find it weird how Windblown posts more content when people start voting him 0.0

for me it's weird how you bring up Marquis/Garmr/Telo and say they're doing the same thing you did. seems like possibly trying to redirect attention IMO...
Windblown wrote:Telo's vote on Generic is strange - you say you want reads formed quicker, and you vote Generic because you don't have a read on him, but does that mean you have a read on everyone else even though you haven't mentioned them? Not even sure what the reasoning bit of that post is directed towards.
this seems like redirection again, mb cause this was right after a defense.

what are your thoughts on AK?
Timing had something to do with it, as when I posted 99 I didn't have time to make a longer post and I knew I was going to come back in a couple of hours so I could actually reread the thread and then post something (because the first time I just got lost in the talk of previous games). I'm aware bringing up other names looks like redirection, but I didn't have anything of content to defend myself against AK's case of me not having content (cause it was true). I just brought up other names because she said it was between me and Grim, and I just had to point out that we don't need that limitation of lynch options.

re: the thing you quoted on me - I was going to post content that day anyways, the pressure just came first.

Not much, her vote and reasoning on me is misguided, but doesn't look scummy, although I don't know how she came up with her townreads in #104 (besides Generic).

Be back later today. Also hi TSO answer my question please thanks.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:09 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

VOTECONUT DAY 1 NUMBER

windblown (3) - marquis desperado amethystkitty
grimgroove (3) - slandaar tso garmr
tso (2) - windblown bigterp
amethystkitty (1) - majiffy
slandaar (1) - pieguy
generic (1) - telo
garmr (1) - grimgroove

not voting - generic
there are 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

deadline is in (expired on 2013-10-21 10:00:00)
Last edited by kanyeknowsbest on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:27 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 142, Slandaar wrote:Do you feel questioning joke posts is productive?

Note:
In post 134, pieguyn wrote: probably the questions are proactive if you don't know the intent behind my list of doom. however, I didn't want to reveal my reasoning cause it was a reaction test and I wanted to get results first.
I knew your post wasn't serious.
if you knew it wasn't serious, then how come you wanted me to answer the question? 0.0

IMO, questioning joke posts can be productive. sometimes we get nothing but other times we might get something weird that doesn't make any sense. there's not much of a reason to not question a joke post, just cause "it's a joke post".. if you see something I say it's better to just point it out ~
Windblown wrote:Timing had something to do with it, as when I posted 99 I didn't have time to make a longer post and I knew I was going to come back in a couple of hours so I could actually reread the thread and then post something (because the first time I just got lost in the talk of previous games).
what do you think about the previous games discussion?

what's your opinion on Telo?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:34 am

Post by Desperado »

@ Grim: it generally comes and goes, but in a 72 hour deadline I thought it would be important to get to business ASAP.

@ Windblown: I'm struggling with this part...so Mara accuses you as scum and says you have no content. You knew this accusation was true. But rather than just combat it that way, you highlighted others who also haven't contributed any content. The "What about them?!?!" tell hasn't been very accurate with me, but what that exchange does show is that you are concerned with your own image above all else, and would grasp at anything that might help weaken the argument presented against you, even if your defense itself is weak.
That's
scummy.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”